It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is christianity a hoax?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
ive been thinking for a while that the relegion christianity is just alot a fake stuff. sometimes you may hear about someone and misinterpret it. Maybe jesus was just some cult leader or just a "healer or something" out to get some money and he ended up getting famous one way or onother and got killed because of his views or something. and a bunch of people misinterpreted it and started beleiving it and taking it out of context adding blanks and adding parts making a book. the defenition of a cult is one who follows onother blindly but isint that what christians do they follow and priest or revend beleiving somehting they have never seen or have any evidence that this almighty god existes. I have thought that it is human instinct to beleive in something of higher power or that something else is there. Like going to church or getting toghether and being kind. isnt it human to be together in a group?
sorry if it seems messy but ive been invisoning this thread for a long time and what i planned to say before seemed more intellegible and if this board is the wrong subject feel free to delete it because i did not think it was a relegious conspiracy or anything just a misunderstanding.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Christianity is real.

Atheism is a hoax.

Christianity bashing is the current politically correct fad right now among the 'liberal' set. It will eventually pass, like Nehru jackets and love beads.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
Christianity is real.

Atheism is a hoax.

Christianity bashing is the current politically correct fad right now among the 'liberal' set. It will eventually pass, like Nehru jackets and love beads.

Christianity is a fad....

healthyhitter has better intellectual thoughts to bring to the table than you. As for as i am conserned Christianity could be a hoax, i am not really sure, but i like to keep one thing in mind: That mankind has always been a storytelling kind of society. And we like to sharpen certain things and level certain things in those stories. As far as i know the people who wrote the bible were typical people...not scientists or scholars. These people are then prone to normal human behaviour, which is to embellish certain things and serpress others. WE all do it. I do it....you do it...its jsut part of our cognitive framework. We want our stories to be important in other people minds. We want to be important.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs

healthyhitter has better intellectual thoughts to bring to the table than you. As for as i am conserned Christianity could be a hoax, i am not really sure, but i like to keep one thing in mind: That mankind has always been a storytelling kind of society. And we like to sharpen certain things and level certain things in those stories. As far as i know the people who wrote the bible were typical people...not scientists or scholars. These people are then prone to normal human behaviour, which is to embellish certain things and serpress others. WE all do it. I do it....you do it...its jsut part of our cognitive framework. We want our stories to be important in other people minds. We want to be important.

LOL!!

Nice bit of comedy writing. You should send a sample to Leno or Letterman. You may have future in that business.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Yeah... a 2,000 year "fad." That makes TONS of sense! Almost as much as a 2,000 year hoax! Hey, let's start a hoax now, so that when we're dead in 2,000 years we won't be able to laugh at it!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Christianity is nothing more the the pagan belief of sun worship combined with the early essene belief of naturalism and mysticism. The two were melded together in 300 b.c. by cornelius the Great. Pick up a KJV version of the bible and read the preface to the 1873 edition, which just so happens to be the last revision, and you will see in print and I quote "has been edited out of zeal to promote the common good, whether it be by devising any thing ourselves, or revising that which hath been laboured by others. We hope that our efforts will be welcomed not with suspicion but with love." End Quote. And that was just the revision before last. I didn't know the truth needed revised so often. And no it is not just a couple of words either so don't even go there. Most "Christians" have never even read the preface and that is exactly what the Evil stepmother, er I mean the church intended. Also the Gospels are all written annonyomously and the last being written 160 after the supposed death of Christ, which also has no historical backing. IF it did then everyone would be a Christian hands down. Lets all praise Jesus, but that is not the case. That is why they invented faith, or as I like to call it, Laziness in respect to religious study and its origins. Its the same reason the Church condems any investigation into any other religions. I bet if Ford told you not to test drive a chevy you would be curious as to why? Why make an exception with your salvation. I would say that is more important than shopping for a car. Here check out this site. it deals with the historical aspect of Jesus www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm Good luck in your search.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

Yeah... a 2,000 year "fad." That makes TONS of sense! Almost as much as a 2,000 year hoax!

... or a 100,000 year mistake called homo sapiens, that makes no sense at all!

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Christianity a "hoax"? I doubt it, and here is the reason why.

The coming of Christ was written about in the Old Covenant, and Christ fulfilled all of the propheses of the coming of the Messiah. The existence of Jesus, the son of Mary and Joseph, is not questioned. The ressurection of Jesus, our Christ and Savior, was witnessed as well. The story of His 33 year walk with us, is recorded by four eye witnesses from their own perspective, and these four men wrote their testimony apart from one another, making a hoax even less viable.

Believe in Christ, don't believe in Christ, that is your personal choice. It isn't a hoax, so decide wisely.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Thomas Crowne is right here. If Jesus was not resurrected as he promised, why keep the "myth" alive? The authors had nothing to gain and much to lose. They were all executed, I think. If Jesus were not resurrected as He promised, why get yourself executed over it?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

Yeah... a 2,000 year "fad." That makes TONS of sense! Almost as much as a 2,000 year hoax! Hey, let's start a hoax now, so that when we're dead in 2,000 years we won't be able to laugh at it!

HOw can you be so naive????

Just because its been around for that long doesnt prove its true.

People thought that the earth was flat for a long time, but that didnt make it true. People thought, and this was reinforced by christians, that the earth was the centre of the universe for a long time. Did that make it right???..I dont think so.

Weak arguement.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
im not a athiest and think of it this way the bible was written 40 years after jesus died and at some point it could have been modified by anyone like priests or anyone to make christianity serve them more plus jesus was a jew and its kind of stupid to worship a human or to worship something like a god that you cannot see. Christianity is not really a pure relegion anyway they are generally racist particularly anti semmitist and they want to put the ten commandments into public buildings which is disrespecting people of other faiths and public buildings should not be decroated like a church.right now muslims,jews and christians protestants and catholics alike need to put a end to gays and gay marriage canada just yesterday allowed gay marriage to be legal and gay
marriage is something I call the new age movement. like they said on tv its mostly the older generation that are strongly apposed to gay marriage and the newer generation tolerates it and doesnt really care that has to stop!

[edit on 29-6-2005 by healthyhitter]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

but i like to keep one thing in mind: That mankind has always been a storytelling kind of society. And we like to sharpen certain things and level certain things in those stories. As far as i know the people who wrote the bible were typical people...not scientists or scholars. These people are then prone to normal human behaviour, which is to embellish certain things and serpress others. WE all do it. I do it....you do it...its jsut part of our cognitive framework. We want our stories to be important in other people minds. We want to be important.

Exactly right its a human thing to do that!

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
the romans,vikings and the greeks of ancient times had stories about how the world was creating and since back then they did not know about how the world was made they decided to make a amazing story about the worlds creation and in the process they made up gods and with the gods came a story,adventures and relegion. Christianity is no different except that over the ages it has changed and in a age of science many people let themselves be tricked by it because people need reasurance on some matters and that is what relegion is for.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
bashing one religion is a fad

you cant denomize one when the three major religions are so closely related.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs

HOw can you be so naive????

Just because its been around for that long doesnt prove its true.

Right.
Hinduism has been around for possibly four thousand years.
And...I doubt Christianity and Hinduism can coexist as the "truth"--their principles are as close to opposites as you can get.

Concerning Christianity as a hoax, however...I would not go so far. There are faults to find in everything. Though I have my doubts, I do not think Christianity can be discredited altogether.

There are certain people who cause me to question the entire belief system, but I have to tell myself that I can't have an opinion of a population based on a single person's actions.

I understand what you're saying, healthyhitter. There are a lot of things I can't wrap my mind around when it concerns Christianity. Such as the concept of the flood. Did you know that in many other cultures there are myths that talk of a Great Flood? (myths--now I know some of those are extremely simplified and many are stretches, but still. I think you can understand my point) Which flood story is right? Is there a correct one?

Or the idea of heaven and hell and a loving god. If this god is so loving, how can he send people to eternal damnation in hell, no matter how horrible their sins were? I don't think I, a menial human, could ever allow myself to send someone to such a place for such a time. How could the almighty god--who is supposedly greater than I, more loving than I could ever be, "more compassionate than we could ever know"...how could this god do this to the human race if I couldn't?

I see holes.
But I can't see Christianity as a hoax. Some aspects have great things to offer to the multitudes.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

these four men wrote their testimony apart from one another, making a hoax even less viable.

As I recall Mark and Luke are drawn from and/or rely heavily upon Matthew.
This is the reason that they are refered to as the " synoptic" gospels. Also
as I recall there is no definitive evidence that John was written by a man, at
last count there were at least 5 possible authors for this book including two women.

There is also some indication that the synoptic writings were heavily influenced
by the teachings of Paul, and as the writings of or at least attributed to Paul
predate the synoptic writings this is not surprising.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

bashing one religion is a fad you cant denomize one when the three major religions are so closely related.

I live in a western country and since christianity both catholic and protestant are majour relegions here I have accumalated some informatiion on the topic and if the majour relegion of this country had a different majour relegion then i would have a different relgion as my topic if i found something was wrong with it.

Remember the crusades the pope used it as a excuse to have his own army well when a relgious person in that ara wanted something they made a loop hole.rules or made a change.

but this topic is over and ive said all that i can say for this topic.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The GREATEST CONSPIRACY IN RELIGION is Finally Revealed!!!

Check out this 3 hour long presentation fully explaining EVERYTHING...

This Video Will Change The Way You Think About Many Religions!

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

I started a thread by accident apparently on the ats forums ;o

and yeah all religions are hoaxes to some degree, their purpose is gone as of the last 100 years due to our excellent ability to communicate long distances and share information, and enforce laws in our countries.

now religions just serve the purpose of giving people a security blanket so they arent afraid of death, and to peddle some reallly whacky beliefs which have lost their meaning.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Christianity is a hoax;

- he was not the messiah that the jews is waiting for. This is why the jews is still jews and not christians.
- the son, the father and the holy spirit did not exist when Jesus lived. It was added about 200 years later.
- Roman rulers and the early popes changed the new testament to fit with what they wanted it to say. The pope and his men also claimed he speak for God and created the 'pyramidical' wiew; God at the top, the pope below him, then his kardinals, then priests and lastly the rest.
This flies in the face of Jesus' own teachings witch tell us all are alike. So the pope and his konsils are lies with one purpose; removing the real God from power and replacing him with the pope.
- Jesus was not the first 'messia'. He belonged to a jewish belive that had existed for about 500 years at the time of his birth. Wich means Jesus was not the only one walking around to preach on the streets. The only reason that Jesus is in the new testament and not another is that Jesus was one of the few who belived one should preach to non-jews, foreginers and the 'heaten' too as well as to jews. With other word, the first 'christians' were converted into judaism by Jesus and his followers, and when they returned to their home country they broght this new, open judaism with them.
With other words, christians should have been jews today, but then the pope changed it to the lies that make up important parts of christianity today.

If you want to read how christianity should have been, read the new testament, but ignore all mentions of 'the son, the father and the holy spirit', and any reference to Jesus being a God.

Reading the bible and beliving everything that is written there at face value is as reading the ATS 'war on terror', 'political conspiracy' and 'aliens' forums and belive all that is there written.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join