It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Vendyl Jones to uncover the Ark of the Covenant by Aug. 14

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
What if and "if" is the word, with no possible fact or reason this is found, opened and discovered that what was buried in this arc is not of human life. What would be the outcome on all beliefs, God, Religions etc...

Wouldn't the contents be expected to be 'unearthly'? It would be a little disappointing if it was just some old hunk of rock that Moses scratched his laundry list on... or do you mean something 'alien' like a laptop computer running Microsoft Niburu?

With our luck, it'll be a postcard from John Titor...

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I thought the Ark was supposed to contain the tablets with the 10 Commandments inscribed on them.

And the usual hubbub would continue. One group would say they are fakes, one would say they are real, and another would say that John Titor was involved somehow.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Real question is though:

Would they cover it up or not?

i doubt it...
The jews would tell the world (i hope)

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm not sure if they would.

I actually go the other way.

If it showed some sort of highly advanced alien race, I reckon they'd cover it up.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Being a Jew, I can tell you that this will be headline news from the moment its verified that the ark is kosher all the way leading into the destruction of the Dome on the Rock and WW3, Armageddon, etc.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
mythatsabigprobe

Something made from not of earthly materials. Not a Microsoft program or even Titor. But something rather so mind boggling that know human would even be able to percieve "How" or "Why" it was placed there.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
If the Ark is found, it belongs in the Holy of Holies which will mean that the Muslim mosques on the Temple Mount will need to be destroyed.

That is why Islam will fight tooth and nail to not let this out.

To some that are reading and dont know, there are 2 items in the Ark that will open everyones eyes.

The ACTUAL Ten Commandments written by GOD Himself........

Arrons Staff...........

Truly this will be a HUGE moment.....IF.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by djohnsto77
If the Ark is found, it belongs in the Holy of Holies which will mean that the Muslim mosques on the Temple Mount will need to be destroyed.

To some that are reading and dont know, there are 2 items in the Ark that will open everyones eyes.

The ACTUAL Ten Commandments written by GOD Himself........

Arrons Staff...........

Truly this will be a HUGE moment.....IF.

Not even that...they'll want it just as much as the Roman Catholic Church will and the whatever Jewish Organisation is called.

If it is found it could spark up a lot of problems, especially if they attempt to destroy the Mosque. Can you spell war?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Im very excited by this...
i shall be watching the news on the 14th August waiting.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
ok, I can't find this guy's website now but one of his previous discoveries was the location where the Israelites first housed the Arc and it apparently has more signifigance than the Dome of The Rock or whatever it's called. If anyone can find his website, he puts up a good case for the Arc to be re-homed at this place and it's in undisputed Israeli territory.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

It doesn't appear that any muslims are doing anything to 'hide' this almost certain hoax. How would 'islam' do anythin btw? 'Islam' is just a religion made up of individuals, it doesn't act as a whole.

This guy did not find anything. Don't kid yourself.

Also, the idea that the yehudis will knock down the mosque to put up a temple is ludicrous, they simply will not do it. Also, why would those items make a difference, why would it open peoples eyes? They're just artifacts? Will it make an opposite sort of difference when its revealed that this guy doesn't have an ark and there are no tablets???

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Just as a note....Both Speilberg and Lucas claim Indiana Jones was based on a variety of fictional characters, not any one specific person. Many have attributed the basis to others though, such as Alan Quartermain, Roy (like Nygdan mentioned, etc.), but Vendyl's claims are his own. In fact, the original name was going to be "Smith", not "Jones", but they later changed it.

Personally, I'm calling this as a hoax also...and I think this guy is full of it.

As Nygdan mentioned, the ark (though inlaid with gold) is said to be of wood by description, so carbon dating wouldn't be out of the question for authentication. I still think Ethiopia is the best bet... The trail seems to lead there...and they of course claim to have it. The history of a travelling tabernacle, ceremony, etc. through the region is pretty impressive, had the ark stayed in Israel....

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Supposedly, if it is truly the ark described in the OT, then only a Levite Priest could touch it. Anyone else who touched it would be killed by the power of God. Are there any stories of people dying from touching it?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The only thing I'm sure of is that any artifact that's biblical in nature will not be found (revealed publicly) anytime soon, if ever. Many people wouldn't be able to handle it and would go insane.

Just a thought.

Peace

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If it is found, will we-the general public get to know what was/is inside?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
Here's the most recent article I have found regarding the finding.

www.canadafreepress.com...

Apparently, everything is still on schedule for August 14.
Coincidentally, this is one ]u]day before the scheduled withdrawl of 5000 or so Israelis from the Gaza strip.

Gaza withdrawl & rediscovery of Ark relics???...

the 14th also begins the weel long, Joint War Games exercise,
involving China and Russia and millions of troops!
(sorry i cannot retrace where i read this information...but it was today
the 3rd of August) oh, maybe Yahoo News??

one might think the middle of Aug is significant in our time-line, eh?

[edit on 3-8-2005 by St Udio]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
lets just hope geraldo rivera isn't there for the big moment

I thought the arc was really mary magdelene ?

another day to put on the calendar, just to see nothing happen.......like the June invasion of Iran, the prophet calling UFO's, Titors war.....

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I thought the arc was really mary magdelene ?

Thats the Holy grail (apparently)

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
The only thing I'm sure of is that any artifact that's biblical in nature will not be found (revealed publicly) anytime soon, if ever. Many people wouldn't be able to handle it and would go insane.

Er? Why? THhe jewish library of ancient texts was compiled at one point into the old testament. The artifacts mentioned in other nations texts have sometimes been found, there's no reason to think that the jewish books are completely inaccurate in everything they report on. The ancient hebrews probably did have abig box that the beleived had magic powers. Why not? Finding the ark doesn't mean that any of the theology behind it is true anymore than finding Troy means the Zeus is real.

Thats the Holy grail (apparently)
[/quote
In modern folklore the grail with the blood of jesus is supposed to mean the blood-line of jesus, but thats not an idea that is in the ancient texts. Indeed, in the roman era, no one was concered about the drinking cup from the last supper at all (and romans drank wine from saucers as much as 'cups", not sure about the average judean tho). Its only in the much later middle ages that we hear about knights looking for the grail, and its presented as a grail.
Then in the modern era people started re-interpreting it all as a bloodlines idea.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Supposedly, if it is truly the ark described in the OT, then only a Levite Priest could touch it. Anyone else who touched it would be killed by the power of God. Are there any stories of people dying from touching it?

Absolutely.

In fact, as I recall, the tabernacle ritual (not sure of the exact name, the one where the priest wears the jeweled chestplate with the full name of God, etc.) either grants good fortune, or death to the priest, depending on how pious he's been prior to the ceremony.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join