It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Vendyl Jones to uncover the Ark of the Covenant by Aug. 14

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The ark really belongs in the temple on the temple mount, but as there is no longer any temple and the dome of the rock is there they may have to wait to return it to the temple.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Can somebody clarify this for me: let's say something is found. Looks like an ark. Let's also assume that nothing abnormal happens, such as nobody dies, there is no mysterious glow around the object etc. Do we assume this is real McCoy, or just a replica???

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Can somebody clarify this for me: let's say something is found. Looks like an ark. Let's also assume that nothing abnormal happens, such as nobody dies, there is no mysterious glow around the object etc. Do we assume this is real McCoy, or just a replica???

Extremely good question.

If the Ark doesn't exhibit supernatural powers, it will probably be hard to tell. I imagine properly trained Jewish priests might try to open it to examine the contents, but I'm not even sure if that would be advisable.

There are probably many replica arks made by old Jewish and Christian sects.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Put the Ark inside the Dome of the Rock! Could you imagine what the reaction would be?

The extremist Jews and Muslims would probably spontaneously combust. One problem solved. And moderate Jews ans Muslims would consider it a symbolic gesture on both sides for a new era of cooperation.

Maybe

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
aelita, I don't think that the Ark will have any "residual power". The only reason that people died if they touched it was because of the fact that God's presense was in the Ark. Consumed two men in columns of fire in front of Israel if I remember correctly...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
aelita, I don't think that the Ark will have any "residual power". The only reason that people died if they touched it was because of the fact that God's presense was in the Ark. Consumed two men in columns of fire in front of Israel if I remember correctly...

Yeah, I meant I also would assume that the batteries ran out

So in fact the find, if it will in fact happen, won't have much significance, as there would be many detractors and the authenticity of the Holy Ark would be impossible to ascertain.

Oh well.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You could make a good argument that after the coming of Jesus, the Ark as lost its significance, therefore would not be killing people who touched it with lightning bolts, etc. anymore.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
You may want to recheck your sources, nyg.

I am not familiar with this guy being lucas and speilbergs inspiration. I've only ever heard of it being Roy Chapman Andrews.

If you are familiar with another source, I'd like to see it. I've only ever seen it as being andrews, but I suppose there might be other people that helped inspire it too.

subs
. Fascinating experience and very convincing.

Wyatt was a fraud. He too claimed to have found the ark of the covenant, and that he would show the 'real data' and pics at the right time. He's been dead for years now. He didn't show it, becuase he didn't have it. He also claimed to have found Noahs Ark, but had nothing.

djohnsto77
If the Ark is found, it belongs in the Holy of Holies which will mean that the Muslim mosques on the Temple Mount will need to be destroyed.

Obviously thats not going ot happen, even if the ark did exist. THat'd be a piss poor excuse to bulldoze someone elses temple, especially considering that the ark hasn't been in the holy of holies for a long time now, and even back in the day they'd take it out.

both temples were destroyed on this day.

I doubt anyone knows when the first temple was actually destroyed, certainly not down to the very day. The fact that they're both said to be destroyed the same day more than indicates that the destruction of the first date is made up. The first temple is solomon's temple no?? Its mythic, not historical, althought admitedly rather likely. But the date of itse destruction? How'd anyone know? THe 'babylonians' invaded and destroyed it and took the jews into captivity, thousands of years ago, they're not going to have been able to keep accurate records of the day of the year in that time.

If the Ark doesn't exhibit supernatural powers,

IF???

aelita
Do we assume this is real McCoy, or just a replica???

The ark is claimed to be made from wood. I suppose radiocarbon dating would work on it.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Two things:

The Arc of the Testimony supposedly was an eloborately carved receptacle for the second set of the laws of Moses.

There were two such receptacles per the OT, which does he presume to recover, and why not the other?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
First Ethiopia and the monk won't let you in the temple. The Guards even worse.
Then Roslyn Chappel, Scotland, but Knights Templers won't allow to dig beneath the lower walls.

Dallas

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Dr. Jones uncovering the Ark of the Covenant. Brilliant

Vendyl Jones has spent his entire life searching for biblical PROOFS.
He is also searching for the ashes of the Red Heifer.........I try and keep up on information about him and his 'digs'.........it really truly DOES look as if he has found Noah's ark, but he has NOT been allowed to dig. Egyptians won't let this guy anywhere near the Sphinx or the Great Pyramid anymore

I am not surprised in the least that Vendyl is now seeking the Ark of the Covenant. When one door closes for him, he knocks and opens up others.

He truly IS the man that all the Indianna 'Jones' stories were BASED on.......so it is no coincidence the name 'Jones'. This man, is the man I am most familiar with in the area of Biblical Archiolodgy........www.vendyljones.org.il...
www.vendyljones.org.il...

It would be NICE if political issues did not play such a huge part in keeping this man from the work he has chosen.

[edit on 25-5-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
What will happen if the Germans have set up a camp at the site?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
DeltaNine: they might ask you to give advice on more extreme-extremes..

Dallas

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
What if the ark has a powersource in it?

Like when people explode (supposingly)

What if its some sort of powersource instead causing it, not magical

I know its different but....

I heard the romour about Noars box, that it could be an electrical current inside (apparently ancient egyptions had an primitive form of electricity i saw on a history channel)

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
From my research the Ark of the Covenant is/was a giant capacitor. Ancient egyptions made something similar and I personally think the main pyramid "Kings Chamber"- layer/box made of granite was the place the egyptions placed their Arks for recharging. (but keep that to yourself).

Their is supporting evidence on that from a man who first got a slight shock while drinking from his water bottle in about 1958 while in the chamber.

Dallas

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
The ark will not display properties associated with god (cos he/she does not exist!) so the relgious folks will want to cover the story up, by lies, deception, misdirection etc. It will have a power that proves that ancient peoples were far more technologically adavanced than traditional history says. So the academics will want to cover up the story, by lies , deception, misdirection etc.

The truth will be screwed on the 14th August.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I think it would be fascinating if the ark was an electrical conductor, or had a meteorite in it like some suppose. If they do find the ark, and they discover it's just a box from an ancient people, would that shake the faith of judeo-christian believers? Or would they cling to thiner beliefs and superstitions?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Ok...so what if it's not the REAL Ark? Try this "Illuminati planted information" on for size...

www.tribwatch.com...

As a matter of fact, that entire site has some great research on Illuminati, Templars, bloodlines, ...
www.tribwatch.com...

It ties up several theories in tight, neat package...

[edit on 26-5-2005 by BadMojo]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Gotta go with Nygdan on this one... Vendyl is a real nut-case and the "rumor" that Indiana Jones is based on Vendyl was one started by Vendyl himself. Not Lucas. Lucas (according to a lot of sources) drew on Roy Chapman Anderews (my sources say that Lucas himself says this.)

The description of the Ark of the Covenant in the Bible makes it very clear that it's not a battery or a power source or anything (the stories of Yahweh toasting people who touch it accidentally is actually only one story.)

The most convincing research says that IF it exists, it's in Ethiopia (or at least that there is some holy relic there in Ethiopia that is several thousand years old.)

The PR for this comes from Vendyl himself, who turned from being fundamentalist Christian to Judaism and then took his expression of Judaisim in a very ... peculiar... direction.

And talking about "finding the ashes of a red hefer" is just amusing. If you found ashes, how could you tell what color the critter was and whether it truly had no white hairs?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Believe it or not, but I just don't think it would be so exciting if the ark is some ancient capacitor. It's interesting in its own right, but I's rather see an evidence that it's the original Ark in the Biblical sense, if maybe void of its former power. Maybe the nature of the artifact will allow the researches to make that call.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join