It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Vendyl Jones to uncover the Ark of the Covenant by Aug. 14

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
if thats true about people dying from touching it, what will happen if Vendyl Jones goes to bring it up to the surface and dies from touching it?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Finding the ark doesn't mean that any of the theology behind it is true anymore than finding Troy means the Zeus is real.

Most biblical relics are not like the Ark. The Ark is said to bring with it the power of the almighty. If the Ark is found just the reality of it would be more than a lot of people could handle. You're looking at it from a cerebral, logical standpoint, not a mentally unstable one.

Peace

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
if thats true about people dying from touching it, what will happen if Vendyl Jones goes to bring it up to the surface and dies from touching it?

It's a valid question, but the question you should be asking is what if he touches it and doesn't die. What would be the religious implications? This is why I think none of these discoveries, if they even happen, will be made public.

Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
It's a valid question, but the question you should be asking is what if he touches it and doesn't die. What would be the religious implications?

Well my answer as a Christian would be that after Christ the Ark lost its significance since Jesus represented a new covenant with God.

Still, I sure as hell wouldn't dare to touch it!

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

It's a valid question, but the question you should be asking is what if he touches it and doesn't die. What would be the religious implications? This is why I think none of these discoveries, if they even happen, will be made public.

Peace

Excellent question

I dont know to be honest, i think they would still annouce it in public because the finding of the Ark would give Israel a reason to rebuild its temple.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

You're looking at it from a cerebral, logical standpoint, not a mentally unstable one.

I wouldn't be so sure about that last bit! MWA hahahhahaha!

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Well my answer as a Christian would be that after Christ the Ark lost its significance since Jesus represented a new covenant with God.

Still, I sure as hell wouldn't dare to touch it!

from the 'Christian' viewpoint, that would make sense.

however, the 12 tribes of Israel (including the present day Jews)
had-have an 'everlasting' covenant with the tribal G-d found in the Torah [& the OT part of the Bible]...

What your implying is that the G-d who instructed the ancient Hebrews
on building the Ark, and then 'communicated' or 'empowered' the Ark
has broken his covenant with the remainder of the 12 tribes, i.e. Jews.

its my impression that the Jewish people have kept their part of the covenant, by following all the laws, rites, rituals, feast days, sabbaths...
(and a Jesus person could not nullify that prior covenant)

therefore, the Ark...as either a communication device or a wormhole device
which projected the power of G-d
should retain its properties, even as a very old relic...
(or else the Jews; orthodox/reform/Hasidic/Shepardi/Ashkenazi/Zionist/etc etc, the whole wide spectrum...have been~according to your reasoning~ operating without a covenant promise)

i sorta think that Dr Jones, being aware of the ancient Hebrew protocols
involving the Ark, keeps in contact with the Rabbis' and the Kabbalists and the Talmudic scholars & sages....
and proposes a mini-camera on a flex for the 1st encounter!

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't think he or anybody will ever find that at all. god instructed the High Priests to concela the Ark, where no one will find it. So That's just a load of Bull!

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Just in time for his prediction. 14th)

[Edit 14th]

[edit on 3/8/05 by The Surrealist]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
What your implying is that the G-d who instructed the ancient Hebrews
on building the Ark, and then 'communicated' or 'empowered' the Ark
has broken his covenant with the remainder of the 12 tribes, i.e. Jews.

its my impression that the Jewish people have kept their part of the covenant, by following all the laws, rites, rituals, feast days, sabbaths...
(and a Jesus person could not nullify that prior covenant)

Well Jesus said he came not to destroy the old law and prophecies, but to fulfill them.

This is wholly theoretical and I have no idea how God's true Ark would behave if it was ever found. Anyway, I believe there was only one mention of the Ark killing someone who touched it in the Bible, and remember, the Ark is an instrument of God and God has free will, so God can choose whether to kill someone who touches it or not.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Than we will all know the truth. Allthough it could just be a highly infectouse algee. It has been rotting down there for a milenia or so.

[edit on 3/8/05 by The Surrealist]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I just have to add one thing, the last mention of the Ark in the Bible, shows it in heaven in Revelation:

19Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a great hailstorm.

Revelation 11:19

It makes no mention of how or when it got there. It's quite possible the Ark is already gone from this Earth in way or another.

Also, this passage tends to discredit my hypothesis that the Ark could have lost its significance after Christ.

TPL

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I doubt that the Ark, if it does or has existed, would contain any 'magical' power. The best we could hope for would be a very fancy decorated box.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by TPL]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The Ark of the Covenant is the only object in the Bible for which specific instructions exist for its construction:

Exodus 25 - New King James Version

I have read before that a similar device had been constructed by scientists using the very instructions provided in the Bible. The result was a giant capacitor. Here is a description:

Capacitor Description

For those of you who don't want to read, a capacitor is a bit like a battery. It stores up charge like a battery but releases its energy nearly instantaneously instead of the slow bleed that batteries undergo.

So, here's how the Ark worked...

1) Tell everyone that only the pure of heart and righteous can touch the Ark and that it will strike heretics down.
2) Place Ark and accompanying gold Ark table over known source of geomagnetic energy.
3) Allow Ark to remain there until it has become fully charged.
4) Ask some heretic to touch the Ark.
5) Watch Ark discharge immediately...it'll be cool...you'll see what looks like lightning surround the heretic as he acts as the grounding conduit for the capacitor and he is burnt and melted as only a heretic can burn.
6) Have Priest (being pure of heart and righteous) touch the Ark as the heretic smoulders, demonstrating to the flock that God's power is almighty. (Fear not as the Ark will be harmless until it has recharged).
7) Recharge capacitor...uhh, Ark.
6) Repeat.

* Special note: For additional impact, have Priest wear special robe (description helpfully omitted from the common version of scripture) and shoes which insulate him from the ground. This will allow Priest to touch Ark at will, even when fully charged.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Did I say Aug. 14? Sorry, I meant September...

Since returning from Israel, Vendyl has answered many letters and phone calls, asking about this date. He has also addressed this in his various classes via PalTalk. We were not initially aware how widespread this statement has become, quoted in many newspapers throughout the Jewish world. Of course it has caused a lot of excitement. However, Vendyl was slightly, but significantly, misquoted. What he actually said was that it would be very appropriate IF he could discover the Ark by Tisha B’Av. At this time it is obviously not going to happen. However, as soon as the funding permits, he will be in Israel to drill the bore hole and proceed with the dig to uncover the Tabernacle and the Ark. We are hoping that this will be in September.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Vendyl Jones to uncover the Ark of the Covenant by Aug. 14

All my ATS points says that the Ark of the Covenant will not be found by August 14th and that Vendyl Jones is a amateur hack.

This may be of interest since it does come from his site:

Correction...

Regarding Arutz Sheva article Kabbalist Blesses Jones: Now´s the Time to Find Holy Lost Ark, published May 20, '05 / 11 Iyar 5765:

Armed with this and other blessings, Jones is now excited to uncover his life's pursuit. He believes the ark will be discovered by Tisha B'Av (Aug. 14), a day of repeated tragedy in Jewish history. Most notably, it is the anniversary of the destruction of both the First and Second Holy Temples.

Since returning from Israel, Vendyl has answered many letters and phone calls, asking about this date. He has also addressed this in his various classes via PalTalk. We were not initially aware how widespread this statement has become, quoted in many newspapers throughout the Jewish world. Of course it has caused a lot of excitement. However, Vendyl was slightly, but significantly, misquoted. What he actually said was that it would be very appropriate IF he could discover the Ark by Tisha B’Av. At this time it is obviously not going to happen. However, as soon as the funding permits, he will be in Israel to drill the bore hole and proceed with the dig to uncover the Tabernacle and the Ark. We are hoping that this will be in September.

Vendyl Jones Research Institute

seekerof

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Could this just be a smoke screen date to avoid the riots and possible Holy War this may instigate? If it were me I sure wouldn't want everyone to know when exactly I was going to be pulling the relic out of the chamber.
I realize that a lot of people are going to be very happy and excited about this find, but unfortunately there will be a lot who aren't as well.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
im disappointed by this

*walks away and sulks*

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I thought the Ark of Covenant was hidden in a tomb by Solomon? Maybe I'm wrong.

Plus, I've read that if peaople without "special, protective clothing" were to come near it or touch it, they would developes boils and die.

I've also read the the Ark was the manna producing machine during the Israelites exodus from Egypt.

Scientists and researchers developed a machine(non-functional) of what they thought the Ark may look like and it looked like something out of a 60's science-fiction move. (Seen a picture in one of Erich von Daniken's books on 'Gold of the God's')

If the genuine Ark can be found, it's my belief that it may still be functional, even after all these years.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
I thought the Ark of Covenant was hidden in a tomb by Solomon? Maybe I'm wrong.

Based on what we know of the Ark's power...........

..........and based on what has just recently come to light...................

................I think it's safe to assume that the Ark's location is somewhere in or around Neverland Ranch. Just a hunch.

Peace

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join