It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Vendyl Jones to uncover the Ark of the Covenant by Aug. 14

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
HEY! Do you think we should get every and all religious dudes together for the unveiling?
We could make it the biggest religious keg party in history!

WOO HOO!

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
From the Wikipedia article "Indiana Jones" - en.wikipedia.org... - "The character was originally named Indiana Smith, but Spielberg disliked the name and Lucas casually suggested "Indiana Jones"."

And then, there is obviously a discrepencey between Vendyl Jones' website - www.vendyljones.org.il... - and the Wiki on him - en.wikipedia.org... - which states that "[Jones] also claims to have inspired the character of Indiana Jones, although this claim has reportedly been denied by Steven Spielberg."

But then on Jones' website - www.vendyljones.org.il... - "It may be hard to believe but Vendyl has no connection with the popular motion picture character. He has never received any money from the producers of the movie. And he's never asked."

So is there a connection between Indiana Jones and Vendyl Jones? The nearest one, if the above information is factual, would be that Jones and Spielberg are Jewish, though Jones is a converted and not "true blood" Jew, it seems.

Does it really matter? If the above facts are true, it seems that Mr. Jones isn't very truthful. Also, when somebody searches for a mystical artifact their entire life, I wouldn't be suprised if they were somewhat disillusioned; on the other hand, I also wouldn't be suprised if he would participate in propaganda if it makes him look like Indiana Jones.

Since this is comming out of Israel, I think this is propaganda.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There is another Wiki about the Ark that says again that Indiana was based on Vendyl.

I don't have the link now, but I believe it is under Ark of the Covenant on WikiPedia.

Zip

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Since Wiki's are public forum, I bet that Jones, being an expert on the Arc of the Covenant, probably wrote/ contributed to that article, as well as the others I mentioned.

You can tell when a Wiki might be bias, there are alot of red colored links; which all lead to undeveloped articles.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
the "rumor" that Indiana Jones is based on Vendyl was one started by Vendyl himself. Not Lucas
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(correct on this point in my CASE at least, Mr Jones told me this...not any filmakers......so your right on this.......TRG
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And talking about "finding the ashes of a red hefer" is just amusing. If you found ashes, how could you tell what color the critter was and whether it truly had no white hairs?

I was told these ashes were contained in something very specific. Once this itam was found they would just ~know~ the ashes of the red heifer were within. That seemed logical to me.......

Vedyl Jones has been kept at arms lenght by the Governments in the middle east, ever since his son named his grandson for the killer of Eddee Ameen....(gads my atrocious spelling glitch GRRRRRRR)

>>>>>(SOMEBODY please spell that name correctly for me PLEASE)

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Is this for real ??

I last thing that I had heard about the ark was that it was actaully moved the first time by Hitler and it's been going back and forth between Afghanistan and Africa. Saw this on Discovery channel some time ago ?

Don't know for sure but when that day comes I am sure that there will be more upheavel in the east. The Mosslums will have nothing to stand on that is fact, to back up there faith. They will be proven wrong ! It has already been written more than 2000 years ago ! It's just a matter of time.

Oh yeah- For the someone whom mentioned something about this beeing a political statement ? It's much more than that and has nothihg to do with politics.

Can't wait to find out more !

Happy Digging !

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ok, ok...so maybe he isn't "Indiana Jones", but that isn't the real point of this thread. (sorry I brought it up...
) I'm eager to see if anything at all is going to be said by anyone...besides me.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Reading the entire article on the Arutz Sheva website
www.israelnationalnews.com...
and comparing it to the material at Vendyl Jones website
www.vendyljones.org.il...
gives me the distinct impression that the Zionist propagana machine is in full swing.

First, the Israeli article claims Vendyl Jones is the source of the "Indiana Jones" character while Vendyl's website says not, in the FAQ. [I know this has been already pointed out] But like of propaganda of any stripe, the point is to make an impression on the reader. Most folks don't check up on journalists' facts.

Second, both the article & Jones's website say he is a leader of the Noahide movement

Once a Christian pastor, Jones left his post to become a leader of the growing Noahide movement. Noahides are G-d fearing non-Jews who observe the seven laws of Noah, which are obligatory upon all of humanity.

Actually, the "Noahide movement" is a front organization to drum up support for the most extremist factions in Israel among American Protestant fundamentalists. The reason it's "growing" is that it gets a lot of support from the pro-Zionist organizations that also lobby Congress so heavily in support of Israel.

As an example of the weirdness of this movement, we have this from his bio

Between 1955 and 1956, Jones was pastor of the Dungan Chapel Baptist Church located on the border of Virginia and North Carolina. It was here that Vendyl began to realize that many anti-Jewish statements in the gospels were, as some marginal notes stated, "Omitted in more ancient manuscripts." This prompted Jones to call the nearest Rabbi, Henry Gutman, located in Bristol, Virginia, which resulted in a change in perspective due to many thought provoking facts about the Scriptures.
www.vendyljones.org.il...

There are no serious Christian or atheist Biblical scholars in the 19th or 20th centuries of which I'm aware who ever claimed that "anti Jewish statements" were "Omitted in more ancient manuscripts." The most ancient manuscripts found of the Gospels are very similar to the Gospels printed in most Bibles. The major differences are a few words here or there that bolster Trinitarian theology, not anything to do with "anti-Jewish" incidents or statements. Oh, there's also the section about picking up snakes and drinking poison without harm that is not in some of the oldest MSs. But not the parts about Jesus being arrested and tried by the Romans at the insistance of Jewish leaders.

Anyway, most of the "anti-Jewish" material in the New Testament is found not in the Gospels, but int the Acts of the Apostles which detail many attempts of the Jewish hierarchy to silence or kill Christians, and in various Epistles, where the writers warn of the pernicious influence of Jewish propaganda.

Oddly enough for someone supposedly qualified by years of study to be a Christian pastor, Vendyl Jones was so ill-versed in Biblical criticism that he supposedly found some untrue "marginal notes" that upset him so much that instead of doing some serious Biblical research, he went to a local Jewish Rabbi!

Again, concerning what St. Paul & St. John's epistles have to say about Jewish leaders and religious influence, the notion that a Christian pastor would go to a Rabbi to get straightened out about Christian theology is absurd. After all, the present Jewish religion, whether Orthodox, Conservative or Reform, is an historical development of the Pharasee sect, the Sadduccess and Essenes having died out long ago. Considering what Jesus had to say about Pharasees, the story becomes all the more unlikely the more detail one focusses upon.

Here's the real point of the story:

“At Kadesh Barnea, [the Jewish Nation] sent in those [twelve] spies who gave the evil report, and because they believed the evil report, they were sentenced to wander for 38 years before they could come into Gilgal” – an ancient city near Jericho.

“1967 was a repetition of Kadesh Barnea,” Jones says. “If Israel had come in and taken this place, the Arabs would have fled like they did in 1948. But no, because of the evil report of Golda Meir and Motta Gur and Moshe Dayan, who said ‘We cannot do that, world opinion will be against us.’ So Israel was sentenced to 38 years more – and June the 7th [2005], Jerusalem Day, will be the 38th year.

Jones believes that the Jewish prophecies regarding the greatly anticipated redemption are occuring in front of our eyes.

Meaning: God wants the Jews to exterminate Arabs like the Ancient Hebrews exterminated the Canaanites. The Israeli leaders in 1967 weren't fanatical enough. Let's let them do in in the summer of 2005!

The fact that International Law, that allowed for the creation of the State of Israel, also set aside Jerusalem as an international city to be controlled by no religious faction no doubt will never be mentioned by this holy bunch of fanatics. After all, might makes right! God fights on the side that gets the most military aid from Congress!

Thnk God that most Christians and even most Jews don't fall for this crap!

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hehe, Idi Amin.

en.wikipedia.org...

For those who don't know about this crazy bastage.

Zip

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
Hehe, Idi Amin

Thank you so VERY Much Zipdot.......sheesh sometimes I suffer from some serious brain gas.......I appreciate your added help......your a prince!

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Hey bad mojo - this article is clearly written by someone jewish, as the jews wont write the name of the lord completely on anything that can be destroyed.......i think (personaly) its all a bit of propaganda...

LOLOLOLOL yeah it's propaganda. It's shown in Deuteronomy and it's called respect. Same reason if a Jew puts a mezuzah on the door of their house, it's removed when they leave so that another person isn't left with the ability to desecrate. Jews can't control what the next person does so the best thing to do is not do those things at all.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The PR for this comes from Vendyl himself, who turned from being fundamentalist Christian to Judaism and then took his expression of Judaisim in a very ... peculiar... direction.

He's not Jewish.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

So is there a connection between Indiana Jones and Vendyl Jones? The nearest one, if the above information is factual, would be that Jones and Spielberg are Jewish, though Jones is a converted and not "true blood" Jew, it seems.

Jones is NOT a Jew. He is a Noachite. Big difference.

Also, a Jew is a Jew regardless of blood or conversion. Is Ruth looked at as less of a Jew than anyone else in the Tanakh? No. She converted. Are the people at Mt. Sinai not "true Jews"? No. Is Abraham a lesser Jew? Not one bit.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Actually, the "Noahide movement" is a front organization to drum up support for the most extremist factions in Israel among American Protestant fundamentalists. The reason it's "growing" is that it gets a lot of support from the pro-Zionist organizations that also lobby Congress so heavily in support of Israel.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL This is funny stuff. The Noachite movement was started by the Rebbe. The point is that G-d gave seven laws for all of humanity to follow. Those are a part of the 613 laws given to Jews. Judaism teaches that in the end, Jews will be judged based on how well they kept the laws given to them and the Gentiles how well they keep the Noachite laws. So the Noachite centers are nothing more than a place where people follow a Jewish service and worship G-d.

www.Noahide.org
www.noahide.com

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Here's the most recent article I have found regarding the finding.

www.canadafreepress.com...

Apparently, everything is still on schedule for August 14. Coincidentally, this is one day before the scheduled withdrawl of 5000 or so Israelis from the Gaza strip.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Apparently, everything is still on schedule for August 14.

Except, of course, for the lack of the ark itself......

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
August 14th is apparently a day where something bad always happens..

its just over a week away.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Not believing in much of religion, based on everything we know about all religions were written by mans interpetation of what or could have taken place many years before our time I have come to a fear with this possible finding of the "Arc of the Covenant" What if and "if" is the word, with no possible fact or reason this is found, opened and discovered that what was buried in this arc is not of human life. What would be the outcome on all beliefs, God, Religions etc... How do you feel this would impact us all regardless to race, religion or even beliefs?

Just a thought,

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

What if and "if" is the word, with no possible fact or reason this is found, opened and discovered that what was buried in this arc is not of human life.

As in intelligent Alien life?

..well, it would be the biggest discovery ever in the history of the human race.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

What if and "if" is the word, with no possible fact or reason this is found, opened and discovered that what was buried in this arc is not of human life.

As in intelligent Alien life?

..well, it would be the biggest discovery ever in the history of the human race.

Real question is though:

Would they cover it up or not?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join