It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Vendyl Jones to uncover the Ark of the Covenant by Aug. 14

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Vendyl Jones, the man that "Indiana" Jones was patterned after, believes that he knows the resting place of the Ark of the Covenant. After waiting for many years for the "go-ahead" from Kabbalists and the Israeli government, he has apparently been given permission.

www.israelnationalnews.com
Dr. Jones, who divides his time between Texas and Israel, has been here since March 9th ready to finally reveal the Ark. However, he has been waiting for both permission from the mysterious Kabbalist and for project funding to come through.

As recently as last month, the rabbi, who only communicates via messenger, told Jones that the time was not yet right to discover the Temple vessels.

Last Thursday, however, Dr. Jones received a communication from the rabbi reading, “The time is right.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

With all of the violence and unrest in the Mideast, this discovery could have staggering effects on the world as a whole. Not from any power that it may contain, because God no longer resides there, but from the myriad religious implications of such a find.

August 14 isn't far away, so we shouldn't have to wait long to find out...

Oops...forgot to leave the URL

www.israelnationalnews.com...

[edit on 25-5-2005 by BadMojo]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Nice find.

Does the Ark also exist in the Koran?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'm not very well-versed on the koran, but I'll see if I can find any mention or correllations...

Apparently, the ark is mentioned in the koran also...

[edit on 25-5-2005 by BadMojo]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Dr. Jones uncovering the Ark of the Covenant. Brilliant

I guess the Israeli's need to find the Ark so they can smite the muslims and non-believers alike.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Just remember, when they open it, keep your eyes shut or your face will melt off.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It belongs in a museum!!!!

Zip

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
there are many prophecies (nostrodamus for one) that predict the opening of the tomb of the "great one" around the time of great change...
the jewish tradition of Kabbalah and judiasm also have some reference to the opening of a tomb...
I wonder if this is the "great tomb" of which they speak.

it will surely be a wonder if this is found.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Vendyl Jones, the man that "Indiana" Jones was patterned after

Indiana Jones was patterned after Roy Chapman Andrews, a paleotologist who explored central asia when there were still roving bandit tribes, wore a big hat, and cracked a bullwhip.

Dr. Jones, who divides his time between Texas and Israel, has been here since March 9th ready to finally reveal the Ark. However, he has been waiting for both permission from the mysterious Kabbalist and for project funding to come through.

I'm going to call it right now, this man is a fraud. I might be wrong, but this whole thing smacks of fraud.

It belongs in a museum!!!!

LtL
it will surely be a wonder if this is found.

What will be a wonder will be how many people don't return to this thread once august comes and goes with no ark.

[edit on 25-5-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I certainly hope some of the comments here were meant in jest.

One would hope that if/when a 2,000+ year old relic from a holy site is found it is put into a museum and protected.

That is where it belongs and deserves to be. Not getting caught up and political comments like "smite the non believers".

Millenia old relics are deserving of respect and preservation, if the guy found it, great, like zipdot said put it in a museum.

Not everything has to be a political swipe.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You may want to recheck your sources, nyg.
*uses fire extinguisher to put out flaming nygdan*

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
my favorite quote from the article

Jones recounts his early explorations into the tunnels which lead from the ancient Old City of Jerusalem, near Jaffa Gate, to the foot of the Dead Sea. “My son and I went an hour and 20 minutes into the tunnel. There were so many branches and we didn’t have anything to mark the route, so I said, ‘We better get out of here and come back with a roll of string.’ Then I made the mistake of asking permission to do it. That was before I learned that Israel is a lot like heaven - it is a lot easier to get forgiveness than it is permission.”

While I haven't run up against Israel I have felt the same thing when trying to get thru some red tape in the past.

I know I will be checking on this as the date comes closer -- please if you see any updates post them also.

Wasn't there another person who felt he knew where the ark was -- that he had explored some of the tunnels and saw an angel -- but he died after finding it and before giving all the information. I want to say George something??? I wonder if it is anywhere near the same area that this person said they found?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I believe Ron Wyatt may be the man you are referring to, justme. He believes(d) that is right under the site where Jesus was crucified. This location makes more sense to me and this website...
www.dccsa.com...
...goes a long way toward explaining why.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thank you BadMojo -- Ron Wyatt is exactly who I was thinking of -- talk about a senior moment on the name huh? And thanks for the link to the website. It is hard to find a website of a specific person when you are trying to look under the completly wrong name.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I remember going to a lecture by Ron Wyatt about 6 years ago. Fascinating experience and very convincing.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hey bad mojo - this article is clearly written by someone jewish, as the jews wont write the name of the lord completely on anything that can be destroyed.......i think (personaly) its all a bit of propaganda...

Another thing, maybe Indiana Jones is based on Otto Rienhard, the nazi archeologist who commited suicide in a mountain top ritual in south america in the late 30,s.

However i have vidoes on Wendel Jones, this guy is the real deal...he´s spent his life in archeology..always fighting with the isreali authorities over something...Bit of a religous nut...his mother read him the bible when he was still in the womb..

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If the Ark is found, it belongs in the Holy of Holies which will mean that the Muslim mosques on the Temple Mount will need to be destroyed.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
this article is clearly written by someone jewish

original news source:

www.israelnationalnews.com

What gave it away?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
[edit] Never mind.

[edit on 5/25/2005 by the_oleneo]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It's an important date in Jewish history, both temples were destroyed on this day.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Two good points djohn...but that is my point also. I think discovery of the ark would incense the radical muslims that much more...escalating to a possible large regional conflict...and then the big boys bring in their toys...

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join