It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the U.S. really able to invade N.K.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If China wants to keep Communism up they will most likely help defend,but Im not sure since we had a stalemate after Joseph Stalin died so Im not sure how willing the Chinese are.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Things is, the Korean army gives be the heebie jeebies. It's massive and very loyal. I really don't think the US could do it their own. And China is even worse.

Damn nuclear warfare, Frank Zappa predicted all of this in a song called "Dumb All Over", which basically sums up our race, fundamentally stupid.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
No War. South Korea has already sent 200ooo tons of fertilizer to North Korea to help their crop yield situation.
abcnews.go.com...
Once you drop a Bomb, or commit to war, its a long road back.

North Korea doent want war. They are squeaking for aid that they have been cutoff from in santions.

America would have a hard pressed battle over their under current conditions. Add a nuke or two, and South Korea, an ethnic civil war, and a disaster will happen in such a short amount of time, that there will be no stopping it.

Peace

[edit on 2-6-2005 by HIFIGUY]

[edit on 2-6-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by subcane
I'm sorry, but the US could topple the dam easily. If you do not believe this you truely no nothing about modern weaponary. There is no structure in the world such as a dam that can defeat modern weapons. I don't care if the dam is in the US, China, Russia, it won't withstand repeated bombings.

Repeated bombing would probably work... but a single strike woulod not be sufficiant by any wepaon currently held by any country.

The dam was built to withstand a strike from a low yield nuclear device and has the strength to hold back many many billions of tons of water anyhow.

Repeated attmpts to destroy the dam would result in increased warning for the Chinese defenders who could divert the water away making destruction of the dam less of a problem.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
If the NK use a nuke, then they will become a sheet of glass fairly quickly.

North Korea isn't a desert. You are aware of this, No?

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
good posts everybody keep em coming

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Here are the things keeping the U.S. from Invading N. Korea and putting a stop to crazy Kim.

1)South Korea would surly be devastated by the 1500+ artillery pieces and missiles pointed at the south.

2)The U.S. is stretched to thin and has to wait a little.

3)The people of N. Korea are brain washed, they would die before they are taken hostage or captured like Japan n WWII. Unless we are prepared to kill millions of men and women we cant win.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Anybody who thinks Kim is crazy proves that they have been brainwashed and are lapdogs of the Western media. Kim's deadliness comes from the fact he is not crazy at all like popular culture has led most to believe.

Do us a favor, spend time actually learning something rather than turning on the TV for more information.

As for invading North Korea, it's entirely possible, but expect to see a lot of dead American bodies on MSNBC at 12:00 A.M. As for air strikes, China would be easier to attack, considering North Korea actually has an air defense system and one of the densest in the world.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Crazy Kim is a nickname, but anyone who teaches his people that he is the center of the universe or the supreme god of N. Korea is crazy in my book.

Now remember 91? Iraq also had one of the densest air defense networks in Baghdad yet all that AA A and hit nothing but air. Our aircraft are more than capable of striking anywhere in N. Korea.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainJailew
If we did decide to first strike Korea there is a good body of evidence saying that we could decimate their artillery and air forces before they could launch an effective conventional or nuclear second-strike against Pyongang or the mainland U.S.

This is a myth. In Iraq, these air strikes took years, with the help of allies, with "friendly" Israeli intelligence, and under the cover of the UN. Even so, the result of the strikes was more economic destruction than military prevention.
Do you have allies to go to Korea?
Are there helpful friends there?
Does the UN give you the opportunity?
First, you have got to know where all their hospitals are, so that you can bomb them.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
3)The people of N. Korea are brain washed, they would die before they are taken hostage or captured like Japan n WWII. Unless we are prepared to kill millions of men and women we cant win.

I think I would be "brainwashed" too, if the US invaded my country...

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

This is a myth.

How is it a myth N. Korea is 1/3 the size of Iraq we know where all their goodies are form satellite spying and drone intelligence gathering.

I though you would have learned by now the US does not take orders form the UN, if we want to do something we just do it.

First, you have got to know where all their hospitals are, so that you can bomb them.

They don't have any hospitals except for a few in Pyongyang the only city with heating, running water and electricity in N. Korea.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The US doesn't invade countries that would put up a decent fight, instead it bombs military targets from above 10 km and when it runs out of those, cowardly bombs civilian targets, see Serbia. The question is theoretical by the way, North Korea isn't going to invade anyone and the US isn't going to attack North Korea either, unless perhaps North Korea tests a nuke, and even then it is doubtful anything will happen.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon666
The US doesn't invade countries that would put up a decent fight, instead it bombs military targets from above 10 km and when it runs out of those, cowardly bombs civilian targets, see Serbia. The question is theoretical by the way, North Korea isn't going to invade anyone and the US isn't going to attack North Korea either, unless perhaps North Korea tests a nuke, and even then it is doubtful anything will happen.

LOL As 9/11 showed, bombing civilian targets is not act of cowardice. It takes plenty of courage and guts to attack noncombatants.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Simon666 I suggest you look up the term Munitions Success Percentage. It will explain a lot and it will educate you in the process.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
U.S.A is able to Conquer N.K!!! if it came to the point..but America will not waste humans, waste good honorble men that want to keep the country in tact and keep the country alive we are the Globle Police we will make this world a N.W.O

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
People are the weapon the people are the source they fight for a cause they fight for a reason

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Crazy Kim is a nickname, but anyone who teaches his people that he is the center of the universe or the supreme god of N. Korea is crazy in my book.

The Japanese also considered their emperor a God, some still do, yet noone thinks of Hirohito and Akihito as crazies. Kim being crazy and a recluse was just another intelligence screwup by the CIA, when Madeleine Albright went over for a visit she was first told he was a recluse yet that was far from true.

Is he delusional?

I don't think he's delusional. I've thought a lot about this, and I obviously prepared a lot before I went there. I talked with Kim Dae Jung, president of South Korea, who had been there and met with him. For the most part, we had very peculiar information about Kim Jong Il that he was a recluse. I think delusional actually was a word that was used. But Kim Dae Jung had reported that it was possible to have perfectly decent, rational conversations with him. For me, the situation was that here is a person who is isolated, but not uninformed, who has operated in his own system where he is deified and, at the same time, wants to be in the outside world where nobody will pay any attention to him. So I can't imagine what it is like to be raised in a society where their only statues that exist are to you and your father.

www.pbs.org...

Simon666 I suggest you look up the term Munitions Success Percentage. It will explain a lot and it will educate you in the process.

I wasn't talking about collateral damage of targetting military targets being civilians, I was talking about deliberately attacking civilian targets when the US had run out of military ones in Serbia. You seem unaware that the US uses such tactics, inform yourself first.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Air defense in Iraq in desert conditions is different then Korea.

Allot has happened with Russian defense weaponry in a a couple of years. The US has played her trump card in showing her weaponry and capabilities. Something that has not been seen since Viet Nam.

Im sure there has been plenty of foreign observors in Iraq making assessments and gathering data on American Military technology previously unseen.

N Korea, for the mere FACT that they are above S Korea, makes the target impossible. Thats right....impossible.

On nuclear device, or an invasion across the border, and South Korea is in for allot of disaster. Knowing that, the US would be stupid at best to attemp a war under these conditions. As long as Kim stays where he is, and
his country isnt starving, and hes not labeled as an Axis of Evil, I think theyll be fine on their own.

It was Bushes posturing and saber rattling that caused many of these countrys to take the actions that they have.

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucretius

Originally posted by subcane
I'm sorry, but the US could topple the dam easily. If you do not believe this you truely no nothing about modern weaponary. There is no structure in the world such as a dam that can defeat modern weapons. I don't care if the dam is in the US, China, Russia, it won't withstand repeated bombings.

Repeated bombing would probably work... but a single strike woulod not be sufficiant by any wepaon currently held by any country.

The dam was built to withstand a strike from a low yield nuclear device and has the strength to hold back many many billions of tons of water anyhow.

Repeated attmpts to destroy the dam would result in increased warning for the Chinese defenders who could divert the water away making destruction of the dam less of a problem.

Ever seen the 5000 pound bunker buster in operation?

Depth of Penetration War head designation Weapon Systems
Pentration of reinforced concrete: 1.8 m (6 ft) BLU-109 Penetrator (Mark 84 bomb) GBU-10, GBU-15, GBU-24, GBU-27, AGM-130
Pentration of reinforced concrete: 3.4 m (11 ft) BLU-116 Advanced Unitary Penetrator (AUP) GBU-15, GBU-24, GBU-27, AGM-130
Pentration of reinforced concrete: 3.4 m (11 ft) BLU-118/B Thermobaric Warhead GBU-15, GBU-24, AGM-130
Pentration of reinforced concrete: more than 6 m (20 ft) BLU-113 Super Penetrator GBU-28, GBU-37

4400 pounds of high explosive going off inside a concrete structure of any kind will do massive damage to it. It doesn't matter where it is built.

"This is a myth. In Iraq, these air strikes took years, with the help of allies, with "friendly" Israeli intelligence, and under the cover of the UN. Even so, the result of the strikes was more economic destruction than military prevention.
Do you have allies to go to Korea?
Are there helpful friends there?
First, you have got to know where all their hospitals are, so that you can bomb them."

You DID watch the first Gulf War right? Something like 16 days to eliminate the air defenses in Iraq, which were extensive. If anything happened in Korea we would have so many planes out here heading that way we'd have to shut down part of the airport to park them overnight. We could wipte out a large portion of the NK arty and air defenses in a matter of a couple of weeks or a month if we were serious about it.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by Zaphod58]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join