It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the U.S. really able to invade N.K.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I notice a lack of the "French".............must be correct then.

It's true though.....the Germans, the Brits, the Japanese, Thai's, are only a few countries that will also be in the fight against NK. These countries even do specific training with the US in preparation for such an event.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What if they launch one of the new nukes they got? Kim Jong Il might just do it, he's crazy

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taishyou
What if they launch one of the new nukes they got? Kim Jong Il might just do it, he's crazy

They will, eventually!

You are right, he is insane and will go down fighting.

Even if Jong cant launch a nuke i think he would quite happily perform a suicide nuclear explosion in NK!

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Currently US manpower is about 1.5 million with 20,000 in afghanistan, and somewhere around abouts 140,000 in Iraq thats 160,000 troops fighting right now plus any additional Forces that we dont know about doing little peace keepin missions so lets say 200,000 gone fightin that would leave us with 1.3million troops, so after NK Gets pummeld again and again and again by our airforce and navy planes i dont think we would need all 1.3 million troops over there

The US is not bogged down the troops are bogged down in Iraq because Congress wouldnt allow anymore troops to be moved there do to the low support of the war which makes sense if you ask me,

The only way US will invade NK is if NK launches nuke, maybe the US would invade them if They tested a nuke but not likely, but if they Use a nuke I think, Australia,Japan,SK,Canada, and Possibly Russia, and Of course cant forget our long time friend Great Britain will lend a hand in the A$$ kicking, so there fore i see no Shortage , in the US manpower inventory

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
the US has plenty of man power now but if it greats serious they would quickly push the draft bills that are just waiting to be voted on into power.

I doubt China would want to get into a fight in NK, if they do that all the companies of the US doing business would have to close up shop and they would freeze the accounts of the chinese companies that do business in the US. The EU would do the same if the Chinese attacked over the border, that would end Chinese progress slipping back into the region power it is and gutting thier hopes of challenging the EU and US.

China fights in NK = WW3!

Dont forget about Australia, Japan and India dont love China either but if China is fighting in NK then Taiwan would be in a better position to claim independence but it would be a great time for china to attack Taiwan too.

Either way China's real plans would be known and their mask and costume of a being a peaceful almost suyperpower would be ripped away and exposed.

There is a huge dam in china that would be rather easy to destroy that would cripple china for a long time it if ever broke washing everything out to sea.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Heh..the U.S. would destroy NK one on one. There is no doubt. The U.S. air superiority and naval superiority is unquestioned, even by N.K.

Now, if we were spread out too thing, that's a different question. However, an invasion would be unnecessary. The reports are in that N.K. is starving themselves to death as it is..

All the U.S. has to do is wait it out. Simple as that. They, and their economy, will destroy themselves.

-wD

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
thats the problem

you make a desprate man do desprate things, Kim will attack or use a nuke if he knowns his empire will crumble i think he will use or sell most of his nukes.

Waiting it out might be the most stupid smart thing we can do.

I hope not but you never know!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Most Chinese wont fight for NK, why, because we hate Kim jong IL, he's a fat asshole.
What we should do is after the US's bombing, we send army to reconstruct their government. Then keep the communist party there, but do the same reform as in China. Or help SK unite them. US retreat from Korea.

Whatever, US has the liability to give NK ppl freedom.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
not the US Korea is a UN war so the UN would have to rebuild Korea most likely would have to creat a huge DMZ between Korea and China. But if the UN pulls out what will stop china from invading the new country?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char2c35t

There is a huge dam in china that would be rather easy to destroy that would cripple china for a long time it if ever broke washing everything out to sea.

There is no conventional weapon currently availible that can damage the Three Gorges Dam... it is simply too massive.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
As learned in the early 1950s, the Korean terrain is of enormous benefit to the defender.
Veterans of WWII found Korea to be the much tougher battle.

If the intent of US action is to prevent a North Korean incursion to the South, airpower can cripple their offensive capability.
If the intent is to prevent or halt air or missile assaults beyond the Korean Peninsula, our bunker-busters and MOABs can take care of that as well.
Under no circumstance does the US wish to field a large ground force to slog northwards toward the Yalu once more.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but the US could topple the dam easily. If you do not believe this you truely no nothing about modern weaponary. There is no structure in the world such as a dam that can defeat modern weapons. I don't care if the dam is in the US, China, Russia, it won't withstand repeated bombings.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Can't see the war happening at all. Iraq has been a nightmare for the Allied forces, Iraq was supposedly "Easy Meat", the scale of the job in Korea is unthinkable. Given that th NK government has effectively managed to brain wash all its subjects, the guerilla warfare we see in Iraq, would end up looking like paintball.

TBH, unless the UN see reason enough for military action. Nothing will happen, the US army is awesome and the UK is handy, but it would need a concerted effort of every other "Rational" government to assist.

WW3 just wont happen, not in my lifetime anyway

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think it would be the most stupid thing to do. Our troops are already running thin in Iraq and Afganistan. Another factor is that North Korea has nuclear weapons.... not a wise choice to give them a reason to fire. I just cannot see us invading N.K. However, with Bush as president anything is possible.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I found this pretty interesting... www.rense.com...
u all should check it out. It's rather lengthy and it is by rense.com so I question it's accuracy. Most of the stories/articles on that site that I've read seem to down play the US's strength... so I dunno... non the less it's a good read. Enjoy and reply with some comments about it if you find false info.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
, NK would definitly be tougher then Iraq But NK has a different mentality then the Iraqis do, Iraqis will blow themselves up to kill one american and believe that when they do this they go to heaven and for most Iraqis this is there Religious Belief, NKns have been brainwashed to fight for their militarily, Cripple NK Military Bases and support lines, you pretty much shut down there Morale

Iraqis Had a military, it was pretty much destroyed in 1991, You can take aways a persons House and a persons job and there car and maybe in some cases take away there family But you can never ever Take away someones Religious Belief, because it has been planted in there Head and when you take away everything else they have The Beliefs are all they have and then they believe in them That much more

Can someone post a Pic for me of Where in China 3 Gorges Dam is

[edit on 1-6-2005 by zakattack]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
STOP!

If the United States would ever strike at North Korea by any mean due to North Korea's unwillingness to compromise with their nuclear issue (or an actual nuclear explosion test they've made), it would negate the armistice signed in 1953 by North Korea, China and the United Nations.

Remember, North Korea is technically at war with the United Nations and South Korea, NOT the United States. The US participated in the Korean War under the UN command. The Armistice, July 7 1953

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
America is able to invade N.K we already have the men over there 35,000? but first we would Launch a Pre-Emptive Strike/T.N.D. "Tactical Nuclear Device" and some other Missile's, Bombs, 21,000 Pound Bomb called the M.O.A.B www.cnn.com... that bomb should come in handy
Takeout there Communications, Supply Lines, High Priority Targets Ect. and while thats happening be invading with ground troops S.K and U.S.A taking out the Frontlines with Air Support

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Their not going to do anything to N. Korea except talk and threaten period.
1. they have nukes.
2. They have no natural resources
3. china doesn’t want the nuclear fallout and will be pissed if we do it.
Bush will just do to them what Roosevelt did to Japan. Cut off oil and other supplies to N. Korea and force them to react. Create problem get reaction it’s the American way.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
nahh North Korea probably just try to invade South Korea again, kinda like round 2 NK believes it can win this time. in anicase with the help of South Korean forces yeah we can beat the NK and help reunified the whole Korean Peninsula to a democratic Utopia wooohoooo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join