It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the U.S. really able to invade N.K.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Does anybody actually think the U.S. has the soldiers required to fight a much larger sdcale war than Iraq and Afghanistan especially with them being so bogged down. And history has proven to be disastrous to people who start three front wars. All thoughts are welcome.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It's definitely possible but the US is probably not gonna do it. DPRK got nukes now and US doesn't have Star Wars yet other than the movie. They also have a well trained army and a LOT of artillery. Saddam's henchmen were nothing compared to them.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Would the United States actually go towards an 'invasion'. I see them sticking to artillery, instead of a troop invasion. Also, since the enemy would have nukes, if they detonated them, I think this would turn into more of a nuclear war.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Nope!

Air power, then some Air power, and to top it off some Air power...

When done and crying Uncle, more Air Power.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I've gotta agree with Ed Singer;
I don't see US tactics against North Korea including a massive invasion, it would have to be massive air strikes taking out known divisions, artillery batteries, missile sites, air forces and of course Kim Jong Il's palaces. etc.
Secondary strikes would destroy the country's infrastructure, industry and ports.
Any invasion would be more like small strike groups dedicated to removing threats from the ground.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I agree with you guys we would launch a lot of precision air strikes, I think we would use long range recon, Marine Force recon, and other special forces to designate the targets. Also there is a possibility that we would also train North Koreans that were against the communist government in unconventional warfare tactics, basically we would try and inflict total chaos around the country. Inflicting damage on their chain of command, communications, and defenses, and supplies.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell
I agree with you guys we would launch a lot of precision air strikes, I think we would use long range recon, Marine Force recon, and other special forces to designate the targets. Also there is a possibility that we would also train North Koreans that were against the communist government in unconventional warfare tactics, basically we would try and inflict total chaos around the country. Inflicting damage on their chain of command, communications, and defenses, and supplies.

i don't think anybody in the country are against the communist government ... remember they are taught to hate the US and are brainwashed at a young age ...

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow

i don't think anybody in the country are against the communist government ... remember they are taught to hate the US and are brainwashed at a young age ...

That's true, but I'm sure not all of them believe what they are told, I mean I'm sure the christians there that are getting persecuted don't hate the US ....

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It's very very hard to infiltrate North Korea...

even the famine experianced there was only discovered after north korea announced it and requested food aid

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If we did decide to first strike Korea there is a good body of evidence saying that we could decimate their artillery and air forces before they could launch an effective conventional or nuclear second-strike against Pyongang or the mainland U.S. An "invasion" wouldn't really be necessary, as I am sure the use of technological warfare like air strikes and missiles could pretty much destroy their infrastructure more effectively than Iraq's given their more industrialized state throughout the nation. Focusing air strikes on production centers and industrial locations would stop them from producing additional munitions and could force their compliance and signing of a cease-fire.

Or maybe they will just first-strike us and we will all die, who knows.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
North Korea is an unknown, the 1990's gave them a chance to 'dig in'. All Clinton did in my opinion was to pass the buck to his follow up....I firmly believe this.

As for them being a military threat, has anyone ever given consideration to just how good and modern the South Korean military is?

If the NK use a nuke, then they will become a sheet of glass fairly quickly.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
China probably will not like a Western country, especially the US to be right at their doorstep. If China does anything, it will become more serious than just facing NK alone.

But, if war does happen, I can see B-2s taking out the nuclear silos first, followed by F-117s taking out the command posts and military HQs etc. Artillery strikes will also be there together with the airstrikes. I think the US are not going to send Abrams deep into NK, maybe more like stationed in SK to protect the artillery while they do their job together with the airstrikes. A-10s will also provide CAS, just in case the NKs try to flank the SKs with T-90s.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
when is situation going to happen.. right now or after iraq?

the US would have a very hard time destorying North koreas underground headquarters. even with those bunker busters i dont think tey could go all the way through

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
America hasnt got the free manpower needed to defeat the North. Their airpower though would be very effective, but the yanks wont use it coz it'll start a war on the peninsula.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taishyou
It's definitely possible but the US is probably not gonna do it. DPRK got nukes now and US doesn't have Star Wars yet other than the movie. They also have a well trained army and a LOT of artillery. Saddam's henchmen were nothing compared to them.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by Taishyou]

saddams "henchmen"were never at their full capacity since the early 80s.. The US fought wars with Iraq when they(Iraq) were already war ravaged.. both times..

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
There is no need for the US to ever 'invade' NK.

For a start, Kim Jong II is only giving us all of his nuclear BS so he can get more at the negotiating table with SK. And even if he does decide to test his arsenal the US will only need about 2 days worth of airstrikes to take out every nuclear facility and weapons storage place he has!

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Is the U.s. really able to invade N.K.

I should add that the US will not go into NK alone.
Germans, the Brits, the Japanese and many other countries will be with us till the end,

Again, that's IF we do it...A big IF.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
despite all the threat, there won't be any US vs NK war...

the simple reason is that the NK artillery forces (the largest in the world) stationed along the DMZ would level Seoul in a little more than 2 hours

if the contention is that the US attack/invasion are imminent , the South will likely join the North the fight the US for the Korean ppls survival, I kid you not...

[edit on 30-5-2005 by betaiso]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Before sending ground forces in I would suggest hundreds of JASSM cruise missiles, JDAM, Tomahawk, etc be launched.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

Is the U.s. really able to invade N.K.

I should add that the US will not go into NK alone.
Germans, the Brits, the Japanese and many other countries will be with us till the end,

Again, that's IF we do it...A big IF.

I notice a lack of the "French".............must be correct then.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join