It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the U.S. really able to invade N.K.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
And the airstrikes would prove to be catastrophic and a senseless loss of life and strife for South Korea.

The minute the bombing starst, the N Koreans are over the border and it will be a slaughter. On both sides. N Koreans kilking south Koreans,
Americans killing N Koreans, and then of course the self inflicted nuclear threat that would for surely be launched, if not by air, by land.

Lets get over this might makes right thing. Frankly Im getting a little tired of it. What ever happened to peace and diplomacy.

N Korea is impoverished. Isolated, and backs against the wall with the current administration. The South Koreans trucked some 200,ooo tons of fertilizer with more on the way. Does that sound like a country that wants to go to war?

news.yahoo.com.../nm/20050627/wl_nm/korea_north_fertiliser_dc

Do we want to casue yet another potential civil war? Wheres the logic in this? Ive seen the devastation of Bombs. Ive seen what bombs can do when I was involved with the service. Does it matter? So we can blow the
daylights out of something. Does that mean we should?

With great power comes great responsibility. Now days its all about the power. Ethics? Morality? Truth? Whats that?......

Peace

[edit on 11-7-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Perhap's the USA and Allies had to pick and choose their targets in these countries. In all out war I might assume maximum force will be used without need for selection of targets deemed the offensive units of a given country.

So if that were the case it would be..well the soil will still be there when done ('within seconds').

Dallas

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Who said anything about might makes right? Someone asked a question about whether we could invade NK, and we're answering/debating it. Nothing says we're GOING to invade them. In fact we're about to sit down and have talks with them later this month.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Yes talks Bush said he would never have with NK only a couple a years ago. Funny how things change..though I feel I understand why the change.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I'd MUCH rather see them talking, no matter what the reason they decided to talk after all. While I support the war, and the troops 100%, we're not able to take on another fight right now, and I wouldn't want to take on the NK and the landmine that would be.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Yes we have the capability.

History has shown that war torn countrys executing wars do not survive.
Its a drain on the people, a drain on the resources, and and generally not condusive towards worldwide goodwill.

Hence, the United States not being well liked in the world of public opinion.

You can bet the North Koreans will fight a fierce and smart war. This isnt Iraq folks, and it isnt 1950 either.

North Korea knows their life presever sits to the south. All they have to do is hold onto it. So we can speculate all we want on North Korea.
But are we, as an aggressor, willing to accept the mayhem wrought upon South Korea for our own idea of world peace? South East Asia has seen so much war and so much death, how is it we can justify even thinking about another war there.

China is Communist. They appear not to be threatening militarily, but I can assure you the war they are fighting is economic.
Think you can take China in an economic war? We are already bound to them at the hip. Think again. Our style of life is under attack and we cant even see it.

Its time that we stop posing the question of can Mighty Mouse beat Superman and start living in the real world.

These are real cultures, real people, with real familys, and real children.
And their Love for each other is as real as ours.

So lets get real.

Peace

[edit on 11-7-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
You seem to write as a point by point man so I'll do the same, i.e.:

1- NK: tell the SK to move down hill and remove the US Military faction from the brink. Allow the real power of the US to do what has to be done, no vietnam #.

2- China has to be in the US Militaries secondary plans, just in case. And again there are no stops.

3- Russia has to be considered and planned ready, again just in case.

4- forget about 1-3 and stop MFN trade status with China.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
China, despite gross civil rights vioaltions, was given favored nation trading status which show that money means more then people.

In a manpower war, the US will not win against the Chinese. It will be the beginning of WW3 and the end of a peacefull world for quite some time.
That war should be avoided at all costs.

Taiwan will be the test of might. Will Americe truly go to bat for Taiwan?
My guess is no. Will China go after the target regardless? Yes. She has to.

North Korea who? We havent even figured that in, now have we.

The fallout on the American economy without cheap asian goods and trade will throw us into a recession if not depression that will tax the American people at all angles. Automobiles, household goods, and just about everything else made overseas.

You see, talking about war in Asia for me is depressing. Nothing good will come of it. More starvation, more famine, and stumbling block to a planet that is already having difficulty feeding and fueling itself.

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Thank's for your agreement but I feel what I just read above really does not agree.

But I respect your thoughts and opinions just the same.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
good replies everybody keep up the posts.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join