It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ETs don’t exist because many haven’t seen them.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
With that reasoning Galileo and a handful of others were the only ones that lived on a planet that revolved around the sun.

Everyone else lived on a planet where the sun moved around the world until a few centuries later when it became obvious-----they were wrong.

People lived on a flat planet for thousands of years----until sometime around 1492----when the earth miraculously turned somewhat round, and ships stopped falling off the edges.

It’s a tad rude and arrogant to presume to know what others have seen or experienced.

Being a skeptic is fine; presuming to know what others have seen is fine if you are a god, otherwise it’s childish arrogance.

Thousands “know” that ETs are here-----if you didn’t get the memo----that does not negate the reality for those that did.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
again sleeper, just like your example, with proof people tend to accept the new "facts" in your/our case its alien life.

you wont convince skeptics with stories.

thats just how it is. many people want to believe, but they dont believe every word that is told either.

these examples of it happened to me just because it never happened to you doesnt make it true really dont help the cause.

just because you say something happened, and that you say its true doesnt make it so either. There are countless falsehood stories where it is claimed to be true until someone gives.

you have to face the fact that there will always be skeptics.

even physical proof wont sway some people, thats just how it is.

[edit on 22-5-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well put Dulcimer........That goes pretty much with anything thats whats nice about having opinions I suppose.

One can lead a horse to water but he cant make it drink so to speak.

I think that there is defenatly somthing going on but thats what we are here for, finding the truth.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
how are you so shure that ets are here
many "claim" to have seen ufo's but theres no real proof

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gothica91
how are you so shure that ets are here
many "claim" to have seen ufo's but theres no real proof

I beleive each person should seek to find the truth so I will give you a link
that many have went to, seeking answeres you ask... gothica91.
Disclosure

There is a pretty interesting accounts on the video from that site if you care to site and watch it its pretty long.

This was the one thing that made me think about the possibility any way.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
again sleeper, just like your example, with proof people tend to accept the new "facts" in your/our case its alien life.

you wont convince skeptics with stories.

thats just how it is. many people want to believe, but they dont believe every word that is told either.

these examples of it happened to me just because it never happened to you doesnt make it true really dont help the cause.

just because you say something happened, and that you say its true doesnt make it so either. There are countless falsehood stories where it is claimed to be true until someone gives.

you have to face the fact that there will always be skeptics.

even physical proof wont sway some people, thats just how it is.

[edit on 22-5-2005 by Dulcimer]

Dulcimer,

I'm pretty naive, but not so much that I think people are going to believe my story just because I tell it.

I tell my story-----that's it----some will believe some will not.

I read stores about "Near Death Experiences"----I don't expect anyone to prove them to me----how can they? I believe some----others I don't.

For those looking for proof of god, ETs, near death, or any of the paranormals------stop wasting your time-----most will not find it.

If your looking for possibilities, theories, and experiences of other people it’s up to you to decide the validity of what you read----no one can do that for you.

Dulcimer, I’m not speaking directly to you, I’m making a generalized statement.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
With that reasoning Galileo and a handful of others were the only ones that lived on a planet that revolved around the sun.

Everyone else lived on a planet where the sun moved around the world until a few centuries later when it became obvious-----they were wrong.

People lived on a flat planet for thousands of years----until sometime around 1492----when the earth miraculously turned somewhat round, and ships stopped falling off the edges.

It’s a tad rude and arrogant to presume to know what others have seen or experienced.

Being a skeptic is fine; presuming to know what others have seen is fine if you are a god, otherwise it’s childish arrogance.

Thousands “know” that ETs are here-----if you didn’t get the memo----that does not negate the reality for those that did.

That argument could be used on so many things. Like how much we know in physics and related sciences. With what we do know, we can say certain things are nonexistant. In 200 years, what we're so sure of now will be laughed at as idiocy.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
As far as proof goes, I don't think a majority of skeptics will accept anything short of a UFO landing at the UN in New York, and aliens stepping out and announcing their arrival. Even then, some will claim it's a hoax. We already have countless videos of UFO's. We already have the testimony of thousands who have witnessed UFO's and aliens themselves. We've seen the stories of the abducted. We've even seen the otherwise "normal" physicians who claim to have removed alien implants from abduction victims. None of that has satisfied the nay-sayers. So, what is "proof"? I think proof is in the eye of the beholder!

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
you know what sleep i can relate man, like regardless of how many people claim to have seen somthing the 99.9 percent of the earth who hasent would of if these things existed but maybe they do and the majority isnt lucky enough to have...anywaz people will show these videos which claim to be aliens but untell there is a video of an alien space ship landing and an alien getting out and says whats up mother F*u*c*ker then that 99.9 percent isnt gunna belive zip....

i guess what im trying to say is
FIND THAT VIDEO
haha

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
then watch the video be discounted and debunked by skeptics and maybe we will never truely have the whole earth believeing that aliens have visted and are working on this planet it will never be a fact cause even if you convince the whole earth there will still be that 10-20 percent that wont believe.

I myself think that there are aliens that have visted or are visting this planet nope ive never had an encounter with one but i like to keep an open mind to the chance that there are ets here as its a big universe out there and the chances i think of us being truely alone is very slim.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

then watch the video be discounted and debunked by skeptics and maybe we will never truely have the whole earth believeing that aliens have visted and are working on this planet it will never be a fact cause even if you convince the whole earth there will still be that 10-20 percent that wont believe.

Dark Follower I hear what your sayin man but i mean like lets be realistic these things may existe and ya its good to keep an open mind about them but regardless of that small proof that is out there...Why feel to belive somthing that has no hardcore evidence so YOU yourself can say "Ya i know they existe".....I Dunno, Its just me personally I cant force myslef to belive somthing that cant be prooved...its so likely that there is sometype of intellegence or beings outthere but we will really never know

i think we should just forget about wasting all this usefull engery and put it towards taking down our corrupt govrnment

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by daboga75
That argument could be used on so many things. Like how much we know in physics and related sciences. With what we do know, we can say certain things are nonexistant. In 200 years, what we're so sure of now will be laughed at as idiocy.

daboga, knows what he/she is talking about.

I was going to post that.

[edit on 5/23/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
i get what your saying as there is no real hardcore proof that aliens have ever existed just videos of dots in the sky i mean they use the same tatics with spirits little floating orbs though im more likely to believe spirits then ufos ive actually had expriences with them. I mean its like believing that in the next century were heading towards a nwo.

People say theres documents towards this but theres documents towards ufos even if they have been debunked millions of times i guess its all faith unless you have exprienced it first hand its like religon millions of people believe in a religon and half those people have never exprienced their god first hand yet they still believe as ive stated its my believe that if tommorow a major religon was debunked and the book of choice was found false there'd be alot less people in the world some people live on their believe.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I just find it difficult to believe that thousands of people throughout the world--including astronauts--are either chronically hallucinating or seeking attention. It's not the tangible proof that convinces me, its the sheer volume.

And then I have to wonder about how many maintain silence for fear of ridicule.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I believe there are aliens out there. There's god knows how many galaxies, Solar systems, Stars and Planets in space there must earth like planets somewhere.

If we're the only planet of life in the universe then I think something must be wrong somewhere. The fact that we're here should tell us that were not alone by the fact that we exist, there isn't like only one animal or human on earth there's lots of different animals on earth and there's lots of humans.

So I think there's more than just one race of beings existing in the universe.

More than just us.

[edit on 23/5/05 by Stranger Dreamer]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper

Sleeper you are correct people are awakening(ahem) to things all of the time. Like this for example.

I beleive in U.F.O's and aliens, I just don't believe some of the stories people tell about them. You see there are all types of people in this world (attentionites, lonelies) so sitting behind a computer it is extremely hard to analyze a story told by someone.

This is why I tend not to believe some of the more-from my point of view- extraordinary stories I hear or read.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pompano
Sleeper you are correct people are awakening(ahem) to things all of the time. Like this for example.

I beleive in U.F.O's and aliens, I just don't believe some of the stories people tell about them. You see there are all types of people in this world (attentionites, lonelies) so sitting behind a computer it is extremely hard to analyze a story told by someone.
This is why I tend not to believe some of the more-from my point of view- extraordinary stories I hear or read.

pompano,

The only way to know even a little bit is experience. Short of that you have to pick and chose what you wish to believe.

Like you say there are lots of attention getters out there----and some pretty obvious baloney-----some think I'm full of it. I am the only one that knows whether I am or not-----I'm not----but how do you know?

While Hollywood has been helpful at making people aware that something is out there in that huge galaxy of ours and the endless universe-----most of the baloney is coming from them.

There isn't even one movie about ETs that in my experience comes close to reality----much less the truth----but that's just me.

What are the most dreaded subjects in high school and college? History, science, physics, algebra, philosophy-----truth and knowledge are difficult concepts and require lots of work-----with no guarantee of enlightenment BTW.

Hollywood and writers know that, so they give us the easy and entertaining stuff-----fantasy, and thrillers. It keeps us quite and sells lots of popcorn.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   

There isn't even one movie about ETs that in my experience comes close to reality----much less the truth----but that's just me.

sleeper,give me just a few general points.How would you present ETs in a movie,to make it closer to the truth you know ?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bursuc

sleeper,give me just a few general points.How would you present ETs in a movie,to make it closer to the truth you know ?

Bursuc,

All alien movies have the same plot-----they invade earth nearly destroying it but then are destroyed by earth’s immune system.

Earth has an immune system and its them the ETs.

They are not here to enslave mankind, take over the planet because theirs is dieing or anything like that.

They are here through thick and thin-----behind the scenes----they have no ego that needs feeding, they don't take bows----they quietly help move us along, however awkwardly through the illusion of time and the reality of space.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by sleeper]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

All alien moves have the same plot-----they invade earth nearly destroying it but then are destroyed by earth’s immune system.

I beg to differ on this specific point.Abyss was one of the movies who had a different approach.If you saw that movie,is that the closer to what you think ?

Earth has an immune system and its them the ETs.

Uhh,this is a strange one even for me,and i'm one who still believes some of Meier's stuff

They are not here to enslave mankind, take over the planet because theirs is dieing or anything like that.

They are here through think and thin-----behind the scenes----they have no ego that needs feeding, they don't take bows----they quietly help move us along, however awkwardly through the illusion of time and the reality of space.

Personally i would really like to believe your approach ( versus the Dulce story,ohh so entertaining,but scared the s***t out of me)

Seriously though,i can't believe your story either.Why would they help us?
What's in it for them?AND,do you consider the stuff they did so far,HELPING ? I mean letting us poor souls here on this forum and on so many other ones fighting like crazy over their existence or not ?
Come on,this is how you help a brother or somebody that you care about ?
Anyway,thank you for your vision.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by Bursuc]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join