It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ETs don’t exist because many haven’t seen them.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
ive never seen an alien

but i have felt them!

u believe only what u see

but do u not believe what u feel?

in text, the truth can be felt

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
So that's where I am. I'm the guy who read about Galileo, and said, "Around the sun!!! Holy crap! No WAY!"

But even in his time, I could verify it. My only restriction would be my local church.

So I now proclaim, "# the powers that be, Galileo, show me that gosh-darned alien!"

Meh... For the record, I've never seen a Haitian (in person) either, yet I tend to believe they exist.

I'll tell a story. I know a person who is writing a book. He has said he knows about aliens, but won't talk.

But I copied his book off his hard drive, and then read it. Old fellow. WWII era guy.

His children apparently dis-own him. He's been called a crack-pot so often that he simply won't talk any more. He just writes.

It's the most mind-blowing # I've read. It's just... Unsettling. The background work and data astounds me still.

But it's not just aliens. Even the WWII stuff is just mind blowing. Its a great book - written poorly. I feel sorry for whomever has to edit.

So I'm on the fence.

I accepted the round earth thing because I was young and didn't know better. I've done NO independent study. Hell, the earth COULD be flat, if the world was corrupt and weird enough to maintain such a ruse. How would I know? In the end you trust your sources. And common sense helps.

I trusted my teachers. I already have proven some things wrong, and proved some teachings wrong in 6th grade (Just a gym teacher being wrong about aerodynamics, I didn't invent anything).

But aliens, souls, containers, should I add Chiang from Jonathan Livingston Seagull in this mix?

So the bottom line is this. Nice data. I want a disc to land in my front yard, and a small creepy critter to ask for some Bactine (to help that bacteria buildup). No, not those 7-foot tall ones, apparently they suck.

That's what it would take to cement it. Please no probes up the pooper, no exsanguination, no "coring-out" for radiation evaluation. Just stop by and need directions or something.

I have ice cream. They like the taste of that, right?

sleeper: It's powerfully convincing, but Galileo took notes, and wrote formulas, and sketched images, and if alive today, would have taken photos.

I won't call you a liar, but I WILL call you a TEASE.

"You tease!"

It's bad luck where I live. I'll never see a saucer, even if they do exist. We got a Marine air station, a Secret Army testing base, and worse, a LAAMB base. Anything flying that's "NOT US" will get nailed.

Superior? We're supposed to HAVE downed their craft, right? We study those right? We didn't knock them down with spit-wads. If we knocked them down EVER, it means our tech can do the job on enough occasions that they won't hang near unfamiliar bases.

Yeah, if WE aren't flying them here, they won't mess with us. Those LAAMB boys can knock down anything in severely short notice.

Plus our RADAR is supposed to mess with their craft, right? Man, I just don't know what's REAL any more.

Milton reminds me of Chiang. I hope he's as kind.

Peas.

Ek

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Nice thread, and a good point well made.

I like the term consensus reality. Consensus reality being that which we can all agree on. In my opinion, we only have to look at ourselves, and the way we as biological entities function, to recognise that there isn't one true "reality" out there.

All is subjective. All we perceive is a dance of energy, and it is our own nervous system which organises it into the illusion of "reality" independent of our senses. I tend to believe that when we perceive something, we are not measuring what is actually there, but only what we are capable of perceiving.

I'm not sure that makes much sense [in consensus reality].

No one else can tell you what you truly perceive, anymore than they can tell you if you have a headache or not.

Once again, nice post. It seems to me a very simple concept for one to understand, but hey, once again I guess that's subjective [dammit, I'm trapped in a web].

Anyway, I agree with the sentiment expressed.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Its up to people who dedicate there time and lives to UFO's to provide proof, with out evidence you are just spouting a new religion its not wrong to expect proof, if we believed every crackpot the world would be a mess. Until i see definitive evidence of alien UFOs then as far as im concerned its just amusing fantasy. I also remember watching a documentary that stated people never thought the earth was flat, they all knew it to be round and the flat earth story was made up as a way to derogotise certian societies claiming them to be barbaric and stupid when infact ancient sky worshiping civilisations, pagans, vikings and celtics all knew and navigated around a round globe, it was just a documentary i have no reason to doubt it or believe it, it's just out there like the good old ufologists

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Sleeper, you are what I call a "new age UFO hippie" You spout all this mind-body nonsense...stuff that can never really be proven, ever, so that you can maintain your stories without fear of one day be proven a charlatan.

The earth never used to be flat, as your put it. It could have been verified back in the day pretty easy. It was not due to social climate. You do not have that luxury. Your spouting stuff that can't be verified, ever, and it is very convenient for you.

I hope you like the attention your getting, people will soon tire of it and move on. Have fun with your 15 minutes, and try not to let the door hit you on the way out.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Ekshin

are you by any chance ignore the facts??

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Reply to the opening statement:

Actually its no longer true that "most people dont believe that ETs exist". This is the year 2007 and times have changed. Polls indicate that half the population of the U.S. believe in the possibility.

Furthermore, nobody half-sane will deny the possibility entirely. So the old "us poor underground believers" doesnt work anymore.

The important questions are not "do ETs exist or not?" The controversy of our times is: What are they? Where are they? What are they doing? And in these specific questions we are far away from any kind of consensus-view.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker
Sleeper's original thought that no one can convince anyone else of something that has been experienced, is right on.

The government had no trouble convincing about 90% of the public that Iraq was an imminent threat. Likewise, if it wanted, the government could convince 90% of the public that UFOs are legit without presenting evidence, even those who had no previous knowledge or opinion about the subject. For some odd reason, most people give the government all kinds of credibility it doesn't deserve.

On the flip side, those who say the only thing that would convince skeptics is a UFO landing at the UN or White House are wrong if the government decided to debunk it--and they could. Most people would rather believe some "authority" than their own eyes. A good example is the NASA tether incident. When it's pointed out that some of NASA's "debris" changes direction, skeptics still accept NASA's version. I've seen that play out over and over here at ATS.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
angelc01: you, I don't agree with, because you are a "Remora"

You don't MAKE threads, or really fight them. You see which way the weather goes, and then join in.

Stay OFF my side. Please find a way to become at peace. I will take you better that way.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

No problem with that and soon I will do my thread and hope that I deal with inteligent people that will be able to understand as well as cope with any information that is written in relation to topics that are of common interest to members of this sight. My deepest apologies if I interfered with your point of view to which I was not in accord with but thats what this is all about isin't it?? Finding the truth no matter which direction it comes from??Or who it comes from??
We all must keep an open mind my fellow taoist becuase thats what keeps us HUMBLE. MY hopes are that we can work together in the near future to better understand all that is going on with UFOS and ETS and the people involved with this state of affairs.
note : by the way I've not seen one of your threads since I have only been here a short while.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
There is a big logical mistake what sleeper and the followers are making.
You are mistaken the knowledge with the belief.
What galileo had, possesed was the knowledge. What you are claim is a belief. Sure, i also had seen an ufo. I BELIEVE it was an ufo.
This mistake that you do is harmful; because we can also justify the believers who can sacrifice themselves or others. Galileo wasnt ready to sacrifice himself, because he was sure about his KNOWLEDGE. And he knew, that someday it will be discovered. We can not say this with alien stuff.

[edit on 16-10-2007 by commodore64]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hmm, no answer to me? Or did i talk totally BS?

If you know Galileo's real life story it makes more sense what i said.
cheers, have fun..

[edit on 17-10-2007 by commodore64]

[edit on 17-10-2007 by commodore64]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yay! Thanks sleeper for bringing forth a new thread in the UFO/Alien field.

It is nice to enjoy a thread where it is not based in FACToid after factoid.

I like to discuss the field without having to offend or defend.

I am sure that if you simply ignore the tyrants we could potentially have an interesting subject to enjoy.

I have also thought many times the same thing about the world being flat and the mainstream.

Ok so where do we go from here? What are you thinking and what is going on in your life right now that you step away from being exclusive to your #1 thread?

Where do you hope to see this thread move?

Thanks for your humor and wit, and your commitment to playing your part in this mystery of life.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
It is nice to enjoy a thread where it is not based in FACToid after factoid.

I Thanks for your humor and wit, and your commitment to playing your part in this mystery of life.

It is true that the most stabile, hardcore fact is the humor. Without it, we can not stand in this half-gravitational world (a world, where we can not feel at home..would we otherwise meet in an ALIEN forum??). On the other hand, a "real" humor should always touch to a little bit fact or reality or knowledge. Otherwise this humor can bu turn to a pathetic situation or stand.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Maybe you should take a second look at the video that was uploaded on FAST. Look closely at the military helicopter.

Check it out Here.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheInfamousOne
Maybe you should take a second look at the video that was uploaded on FAST. Look closely at the military helicopter.

Check it out Here.

I watched the video.Now, which point are you directing: humor, knoelwdge, belief or something elsE?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It was just brought to my attention about the time lines in this thread and the OP. I still stand by my original post though and hope that sleeper will decide to come over and have a good discussion.
It takes so much courage to continue to bring what you know to the attention of the majority, it is so much easier to take the path of mediocrity and remain in the back ground just nodding your head.
What I really respect are the people who can keep an open mind even though they have never personally experienced or witnessed a UFO and have the courage to base their decisions in part from people like sleep or the growing number of professionals who are now stepping forward.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Ok so where do we go from here? What are you thinking and what is going on in your life right now that you step away from being exclusive to your #1 thread?

Hi antar

Mr Ekshin resurrected this old thread that I started back in May of 2005, alone with two other old threads, it’s nice to be remembered---

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
angelc01:

I don't make threads, but I make effort to retort and counter when it appears necessary. Read what I said, and I'm consistent, and continue doing what I do.

What do I do? Heck, even I'm not sure some times. I just doubt, and want better answers, I guess.

Why do I doubt?

I KNOW the darned "Party line" of the whole of MOST "ET stuff".

Most.

Let me inform you about where I am.

I could have written that "a day in the life" alien thing. He writes well. I can write as well. I HAVE written that well, and even would not have made the grammar mistakes.

I know enough to, if I wanted, inject into the stream MORE correct-sounding, canon adhering bull-poo than sleeper ever has.

But that would never make me correct.

But who would know?

Only me. I could just make it up, and make it sound good. Ask me to, and I'll spin a nice yarn. And THEN ask you to disprove it. You can't, you weren't here.

We have our senses and our logic. We KNOW we have been lied to, but don't know WHAT that is true.

sleeper got to see, and apparantly know that he was on a step-stone transcendent level.

Me? I turn wrenches on cars, get paid for stories under a pseudonym, and fix PC computers. "Ek", has been here since before the internet had graphics. Remember LYNX?

Yes, I've had my own encounters with real, physical, unexplainable events.

But no visits. Darn it! Tell what their favorite cookies are, and I'll leave them on table!

Where dream science (science, not conjecture) is concerned, I know a decent amount.

But no aliens.

I feel cheated, and in the dark.

I feel the same way about non-humans that I do about leprechauns.

"Show me one".

Extra terrestrial? If they exist, they've been here as long or longer. They are not "Extra".

"Non Terrestrial Entities?" (Abyss). No, they live here just like us.

That only thing, given the circumstances that SAY where and when they are from, and when, is "ALTERNATES."

WE might me the afterward creations. Genetic bastards that we may well be.

They won't be brothers, or strangers. Just "Alternate".

I'll use that term from now on.

But I STILL want to SEE one. NOW? yeah... I can handle it.

Hell, I'm old enough to die already. Might as well see something interesting.

And I'm smarter than most. I just CRAVE the chance to show how I'm so smart. Physics is my bitch. I'll surpise them.

sigh.

In the end, I would have to say that the Fig Newton confection is humanities greatest creation. Optical glasses come a close second.

Well, at least that's my belief at this moment. It might change.

Peas.

Ek

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   

And you are a taoist??? you speak give and answer your own questions, I hope you find what your looking for which after reading all your retoric and sycho babel I am in the belief that it will be a while. perhaps you should ask Milton for help.
peace be with you you really need it bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join