It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Starbuck's Experiment - Just to see.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We've seen a recent rash of new one-line responses to posts that add nothing to the flow of discussion.

One Line or less Responses or "me too" atta-boy comments contribute nothing to the discussion. These include rows of smilies, "you're wrong", or other similar short responses.

As the council member for G council, i have to be picky about one liners...

try to write abit more

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I noticed the Illuminati symbol on the wall at a Starbucks in Seattle on 45th St.
I thought it was very odd, but then thought, Starbucks is a huge corporation, I wouldn't be surprised at all if their was some kind of tie in somehow with the Illuminated ones.

Dae

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by headcheck
I noticed the Illuminati symbol on the wall at a Starbucks in Seattle on 45th St.
I thought it was very odd, but then thought, Starbucks is a huge corporation, I wouldn't be surprised at all if their was some kind of tie in somehow with the Illuminated ones.

Can you get a picture of it?

Anyone else for that matter, surely there are some ATS peeps who have a camera and a nearby Starbucks!

Dae

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Got some new pictures! This Starbucks was found on Upper Street Islington, London.

This first one was on the counter where all the sugar and stuff are. Some Incan dude carrying a coffee bean, note the single eye.

This next one was on the wall, some strange elephant like creature that has two trunks, there seems to be a single eye theme eh.

Feel free to join in on the picture taking!

Edit: Forgot to say in London.

[edit on 22/6/05 by Dae]

[edit on 23/4/06 by Dae]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
i posted another thread saying my dad saw one in london, but i dont know which one it was. he also said some of the people he works with are masons.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Does anyone have any information on a two trunked elephant from Myth? I know there was a six trunked one, but two...well I can't remember anything about that. :|

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
this is great, starbucks, the rich company who lay low, and we got a great conspiracy goin, im gonna check out my local starbucks, in east london, gallions reach
it is in a book shop, its only a small starbucks, but im gonna checkit out soon, starbucks, BUSTED
lol, how long till we all get people knocking on our to and we answer it and it is the sia, starbucks inteligence agency, and they take us away to a secret base with all sorts of aliens drinking coffee
. ok i will shutup with my rants now, i will check starbucks out

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Is it any surprise that Starbucks, the establishment that is literally everywhere in a ridiculous amount(and has millions of Americans hooked) has Illuminati and other esoteric symbols? What better tentacle of mind control and world domination than Starbucks.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   

The image in the cup is a flame. See the beams of light emanating from it, instead of coming out of the cup if it were steam? Again, this is the recurring eternal flame symbol, the symbol of Lucifer the Light Bearer; as held by the Statue of Liberty; as used in the Olympics, as over JFK's grave; as over the satyr form of Satan's head in pentagramal depictions, and on and on it goes.

This position over the pentagram, where the light which represents Satan's power rests, is also the position occupied by the headquarters of Freemasonry in the United States, the House of the Temple, which is directly north of the White House and north of the pentagram as formed by landmarks and major intersections in Washington. This is to symbolize where the true power of the United States lies - who really controls Washington and the U.S.

The man who designed Washington, Pierre Charles L'Enfante, was a Freemason.

It's all hidden in plain sight. They're in our face with this stuff. I mean, come on..."The Pentagon"?! Doesn't it raise any eyebrows that the center of command for the greatest military in the world is in the shape of a known satanic symbol?

As far as Starbuck's goes, I doubt there's any active nefarious plots going on, unless their plan is to get us all addicted to Starbuck's coffee and then one day spike everyone's coffee with mind-controlling drugs. In fact, with some of the brain-dead douche-bags I've seen hanging out at Starbuck's, sometimes I wonder if they haven't already begun. But seriously, it's probably just another case of putting all this symbology up in our faces to get us used to it and to subliminally show that they have their hand over every aspect of our lives, from commerce, to entertainment, to recreation and right up through government.

The Starbuck's mermaid symbolizes the Celestial Mother Goddess, the whore. See how in the original versions it's as if her legs are spread, symbolically displaying her genitalia and her role as the birth-giver. She wears a crown, the same as on the Statue of Liberty.

And again. even the three stars in the logo are laid out to depict a triangle/pyramid.

A quick search will also indicate that Starbucks is owned by (not my words) "a right-wing, rabidly pro-Israel jewish American", so there's one for the Zion conspiracy theorists.

This Luciferian symbology in our everyday lives just goes on and on, and it's all connected, IMO.

[edit on 2005/6/24 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
interesting, i will see what i can find at my local starbucks, (im repeating myself). but.. come one... STARBUCKS, ya never would have thought aye...

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
the funny things is most people walk in, order over priced bitter coffee, and walk out and never notice the symbols, so how can they be controlled by them ?

the best conclusion for this experiment is that people interested in pyramids and flames and satan see the logo as evil, people without that bias see it as a cool or interesting graphic on a wall.

any other conclusion would have to be a comparison of SB regulars compared to DD or non-coffee drinkers, and even then you'd have the problem of proving if the difference was already a part of the SB drinkers, or only came about after they became regulars

imho

Dae

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
the funny things is most people walk in, order over priced bitter coffee, and walk out and never notice the symbols, so how can they be controlled by them ?

I think that is the nature of subliminals, its out of the conscious attention.

Personally I dont know if its about control per se but more about signs of allegiance... perhaps.

My fella pointed it out to me that the word CREAM was written right across the inca dude's groin area...

[edit on 24/6/05 by Dae]

[edit on 23/4/06 by Dae]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
im sure it is a coincidence lol, are there no more pics? i still aint got t my local one yet lol

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Does the all seeing pyramid eye appear in any US StarBucks?

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
pics from the Starbucks on 45th St. in the Wallingford district of Seattle.

How the f**k do you put images in the f**king post???

[edit on 15-9-2005 by headcheck]

[edit on 16-9-2005 by headcheck]

[edit on 16-9-2005 by headcheck]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
It seems like Starbucks is pretty addictive. They're popping up everywhere, and doing incredible business. Maybe it is an Illuminati conspiracy. Maybe they are drugging the masses! Thankfully, the majority of Starbucks customers are hippies, yuppies and left-wing radicals. They're already brainwashed with liberal propaganda, so I don't have anything to worry about. Hopefully the Illuminati will turn them into conservatives and all will be well!

It absoltuely would not suprise me. I was just wondering how Starbucks coffee can be doing so well here in Australia. We have a street reknown throughout the city for its Italian Cafe's and restraunts, all serving brilliant coffee. Yet starbucks opens up, and it is absolutely packed!

It makes no sense to me, they MUST be drugging it and YES it is a conspiracy!

I have to say, i dont know ANY true leftie that would drink at starbucks.. it is Yuppies. Period.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
1. Illuminati symbols are just a fashion; like bikers wearing the maltese cross after seeing "west coast choppers" on TV. It has become a statement that says "I belong--I'm in the know." It is like having flaming skulls on your T-shirt. S'posed to mean you're cool.

2. OK. None of you people actually READ, do you?
"Starbuck" is the name of the first mate on the Pequod, the ship that is in persuit of Moby Dick.

3. The founders of Starbuck's decided that they needed a theme, and they felt like a maritime theme from the 19th century captured the romantic image of Seattle and their own dependance upon an import (coffee) to make a profit.

4. Mermaid imagery runs throughout Moby Dick, and underlines humanity's desire to domesticate the sea, at the same time that we are at the mercy of it. Its an anthropomorphisization of the sailors being "in love with the sea."

This is an example of why the humanities are important, and how in our philistine culture, any reference to literature looks like some kind of conspiracy, in the eyes of the ignorant.

which I suppose it is.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Just to go along with the mood of the thread.

I am an electrical engineer and worked on a Starbucks going
up in Cincinnatti. I did the Electrical power and lighting design
for the store. First the seating area of the store was in the
shape of a pyramid. You walked in, orderd your coffee in a
rectangular serving area then you kept walking to the seating
area that was in the shape of a pyramid. If you looked up,
there was actually a second story to this shop and hung from
the ceiling was a pyramid design (I am not sure what those
things are called though). It was going to be painted yellow
with lights going around the border. I also remember that
some of the recessed lighting over the transaction counter
was laid out in groups of three in the pyramid shape. Thier
was also lights laid out in the shape of an eye right over the
register. I believe it was a combination of recessed lighting
and pendants.

This is the only starbucks that I have ever worked on & have
never set foot in one, so I am not sure if it is in all of them.
Maybe you should look into the construction of them as well
any artwork. And by the way, no offence to anyone, I would
NEVER spend my hard earned money on that crappy coffee.
$5.00 for a cup of coffee, they got to be out of thier minds.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

None of you people actually READ, do you?
"Starbuck" is the name of the first mate on the Pequod, the ship that is in persuit of Moby Dick.
This is an example of why the humanities are important, and how in our philistine culture, any reference to literature looks like some kind of conspiracy, in the eyes of the ignorant.

which I suppose it is.

There's literature, like Moby Dick, a great novel about an evil captain who is determined to defeat nature (a whale) because it has the timerity to be both intelligent as well as vindictive. I recommend reading it to anyone who loves a great tale.
Then there's history and the story of John Mason and the colonial wars against the Pequod, a native American tribe who were the first to be decimated by the colonials in Conneticut.

"The greatness and the violence of the fire...the shrieks and yells of the men and women and children...It was a fearful sight to see them frying in the fire and the streams of blood quenching the same."

Cotton Mather describing the last push to wipe out the Pequod people

Source:
www.colonialwarsct.org...

Starbucks= mason, fire, blood, victory over non-christian savages...
Makes me want to buy their bitter brew...not!

There's a Starbucks in London Ontario...next time I'm there I'll be taking a pic of their mural and look for symbols as well. It's in a Chapters store, where I often go to buy literature.

BTW...symbols are not just pretty images for t-shirts. Not many Americans I know look on their flag and its symbols as just a designer fad. A symbol like the Stars and Stripes is one of the most powerful memnonics in the world, able to bring to mind an an entire history of a nation just by seeing it wave in the wind.

[edit on 16-9-2005 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

BTW...symbols are not just pretty images for t-shirts.

[edit on 16-9-2005 by masqua]

I agree emphatically.

However, there are some symbols that are used/abused in that way, the American flag among them.

What is the peace symbol nowadays? A tattoo, a pretty earing, a mark that you are "alternative."

Same with the "cryptic" biker imagery, that bands like Iron Maiden took mainstream.

Same with the cannibis leaf.

I'd bet that the founders of Starbuck's don't believe in much of anything, other than the power of the SIGN as a way to attract attention and to seem to more than you really do.

What I'm saying is, the use of the "eye in the pyramid" symbol by Starbucks is nothing more or less than a meta-symbol, an example of Marshall McLuhan's dictum that the medium itself IS the message.

It's a postmodern plea for your attention, to make you spend time thinking about them. If they can sell a cup of product to every conspiracy theorist on the web, then their dark plan will succeed, and you will have helped them.

Bwa-ha-hah-ha-HAH!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join