It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Starbuck's Experiment - Just to see.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
point taken, they definately wouldn't do that. But honestly, as much as you can try to think they are evil the amount of experience I did have with the company (not to mention the multitude of long term friends and higher-ups i've known) it just doesn't seem they are out to do anything evil.
Unless it is evil to sell coffee for a price people are more than willing to pay. (high, but the market supports it, where it doesn't they close the shops)

Of course there are a ton of them, people are drinking a lot of coffee and they aren't stupid so they make a lot of money doing it. They also pay their employees well. It is entry level work and they both pay well for it and know you are getting tipped well, in addition to extremely cheap benefits, stock options and free drinks and pastries.

I think if their intentions were truly evil they would be screwing over their employees, but everyone I knew working there loved it (and still do!)

They are just some guys who went to Italy, had a good espresso and opened their own shop instead of getting another job.

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Would you expect the training to include speeches like this?

"Welcome to StarBucks, this is your first day right? Okay, let's go over the basics. This is our goddess, she's the bitch mother queen of the sea, and we worship her in her incarnation as the whore of Babylon. She's our corporate mascot because we plan on taking over the world by enslaving all mankind to their own senses, through our diabolical knowledge of human biochemistry. Here, have an espresso, you look a little tense."

Point being, if it is a reference to Isis, I doubt they would do anything to publicize that fact.

Dae

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The Siren and the Mermaid appear to be two seperate entities, one having the lowerbody of a bird, the other the lower body of a fish.
Greek siren

The Sirens or Mermaids were odd looking creatures who had features of a bird from the waist down and a body of a woman from the waist up. The Sirens were thought to be three in number, but that is not certain. The most common names were Teles, Raidne, Molpe,Thelxiope, Aglaophonus, Parthenope, Ligeia, and Leukosia.

It is said that the Sirens induced by Hera competed with the Muses in a singing contest and lost. The Muses plucked the Sirens of their feathers and wore them as a trophy. With their feathers plucked the Sirens were no longer able to fly and turned half of their body into a fish tail.

So it seems that a mermaid is a plucked siren! She can still sing a cracking tune though...

Currently, Starbucks is one of the top 40 music-oriented retailers, and has flourished selling music. Their biggest success was Ray Charles's grammy winning "Genius Loves Company", where 2.86 million records were sold in total, and 25% of those were sold at Starbucks. Linky

I found the original logo. Cant make out whats in the left cloud and I cant read what it says around the mermaid.

[edit on 23/4/06 by Dae]

[edit on 23/4/06 by Dae]

Dae

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by blanketgirl

They also pay their employees well. It is entry level work and they both pay well for it and know you are getting tipped well, in addition to extremely cheap benefits, stock options and free drinks and pastries.

I think if their intentions were truly evil they would be screwing over their employees, but everyone I knew working there loved it (and still do!)

I dunno about that... Starbucks told to turn in names in overtime-pay lawsuit

The eye/pyramid symbol is odd though, not fishy at all really, its funny how you noticed them in the different stores.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
We have a Chicago Rock Cafe where I live here in England (there are lots I think), one in the town I live in. I will try and find out if there is any symbolism, particularly the EU stars, that I can spot. I try and steer clear though because they have a lot of trouble

Here is there website:

www.chicago-rock-cafe.co.uk...

There are some Starbucks here in England, I've only been in one and that was in Milton Keynes, I didn't pay much attention to be honest. If I get a chance next time I will have a look.

Personally I prefer this type of 'Starbuck' though:

Pictured with me..

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I too come from liverpool and will be hopefully popping in to have a look at these odd symbols. Also chicago rock cafes are quite a regular thing in england especially round the areas of Oldham, Bury, Rochdale ill keep an eye for them symbols too.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I've been in two in the last week, one in Oxford and one in Banbury (Both Oxfordshire) which not only have the "E.U. Stars" but they only display 10 of them not the 12. Once I get a new digi-cam I'll grab photos and also of the Starbucks which I'll check out in 2weeks. (Bit far outside of my area but I'll look.)

Edit:

Chicago Rock Cafe is owned by a group called Luminar Leisure Limited.
Anyone have any info on the Luminar word? Meaning, origin, etc?

Edit two: The symble for this group is 3moons.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by Odium]

[edit on 2-6-2005 by Odium]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
the hell is starbunks?

Dae

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanTodd
the hell is starbunks?

It's heaven for conspiracy theorists, no wait, it's a hell dimension debunker moonbase.

Edit: To take out laughing smiley icon, 'cos you shouldnt laugh at yer own jokes *s'n-word's*

[edit on 3/6/05 by Dae]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I have been reading this thread with interest. Starbucks have been popping up all over the place down here. In Sydney's CBD they are everywhere. I have been past a few and can honestly say I have only ever sighted their mermaid logo.

The only Starbucks coffee I have had was in Chicago and that experience was enough to convince me that the only evil thing Starbucks do is SELL coffee. It is absolutely horrible so in my view that is their crime.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae

Originally posted by blanketgirl

They also pay their employees well. It is entry level work and they both pay well for it and know you are getting tipped well, in addition to extremely cheap benefits, stock options and free drinks and pastries.

I dunno about that... Starbucks told to turn in names in overtime-pay lawsuit

The eye/pyramid symbol is odd though, not fishy at all really, its funny how you noticed them in the different stores.

yes, but if you noticed these are salaried employees saying "we should get overtime"

starbucks doesn't pay their managers hourly, or at least they haven't the past few years in Michigan, so they shouldn't actually be entitled to overtime pay. As much as it sucks to say, it's not the corporation's problem. If they didn't want to work long hours and not get anything special, they shouldn't have taken a salaried job that asked 40-50 hours/week average. That is what they tell you at the start. Anything extra depends on your store and your employees.

As far as the majority of their employees who are either baristas or supervisors, they do pay them quite well, better than any other coffee shop I have ever spoken to about employment. And their vacation pay adds up fast.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well, I'm not a conspiracy nut, but the symbolism represented in the photos posted here could send a paranoid schizophrenic conspiracy nut into convulsions. First, the "Illuminati Eye" of Starbucks appears to display the eyof Ra crying into the cup of coffee, which presumably you would then consume. Symbolism used in this manner throughout history would tend to suggest that certain powers of the deity would then be transferred to the beverage, as the deity saw fit.

Secondly, The "Mermaid Logo" while yes, is representative of water, to Greek and Roman mythology Sirens and Mermaids were creatures to be wary of, often seeking to do harm to sailors and travellers but doing so in a way to lure and confuse the traveller and then 'do them in' in some horrible fashion. In Homer's Odyssey, the Sirens sweet singing was used to lure unwary sailors into the rocks where there ships would be destroyed. Sooooo....again to that paranoid p#zophrenic, The Starbucks Siren would 'sing' to weary travellers to come and consume their overpriced coffee. Note the pottery picture in an above post, depicting the Siren (which was explained to turn into a mermaid after the feathers were plucked off) with the man tied to the mast of the ship. This pottery image is depicting part of this story from Homer's Odyssey.

Lastly, The bronzed marker of the First Starbucks Store also appears to depict this Homerian image, with the ship sailing near the rocky coast. The emblem on the middle of the sail says starbucks across the top, however even with zoom and some filtering (I'm by no means good at that, so don't expect it from me) I cannot make out the bottom portion of the circle (possibly Roman Numerals for the year?). The blob in the left-side cloud appears to be representative of a Siren as well.

So the evil illuminati are trying to use greek mythology to lure wary travellers into their control by rituallistically placing tears from the eye of Ra into all Starbucks coffee (no wonder it tastes so bitter!). Yeah, that's it, come lock me away CIA for figuring out the truth.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonColynAdrian
So the evil illuminati are trying to use greek mythology to lure wary travellers into their control by rituallistically placing tears from the eye of Ra into all Starbucks coffee (no wonder it tastes so bitter!). Yeah, that's it, come lock me away CIA for figuring out the truth.

you should try to mild blends. They don't have so much of a bitter taste to them. Most people really like breakfast blend and their Brazil coffee is incredable!
If you have to go with a darker blend, If I were you I would get verona with a bit of the vanilla syrup.

...hoping I have pleased the coffee gods... yes, the coffee is *good* for you...
I mean if they wanted to do something bad they would have picked something with addictive ingredients... oh wait

[edit on 3-6-2005 by blanketgirl]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The conspiracy on the forefront of my mind is not what most people are thinking...

It has to do with the difference between fresh coffee and stale coffee.

Starbucks serves coffee, they say it's 'fresh', but what exactly does that mean?

Do they even know the shelf life of coffee is only a couple weeks at best?

I've never had a cup of coffee from a restraunt or bar that's been up to my standards. There really is only one option, and that's to brew your own from fresh bought beans. There are a couple of merchants online who will deliver guaranteed fresh coffee, and most people, I swear, would have a conniption fit if they knew what they'd been missing all these years.

Americans have been raised to think that coffee is supposed to be bitter! It's not supposed to taste like that, and don't even get me started on that cancer-causing decaf crap.

No, fresh coffee is an experience most people will never have. They think they know..but they don't know...

As to the tears of Ra, that's very interesting imagery...

And I second that comment about the sirens, they weren't harmless by any stretch of the imagination.

In any case, I think perhaps statbucks is advertising their allegiance if nothing else. They don't have to be brainwashing people for the illuminati to be involved or to benefit from that group.

I expect better coffee from the great deceivers, frankly...

Not bitter, months old bean sludge....

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I liked the tears of Ra thing, too, I was impressed with myself for remembering that from myythology and stuff...I had to look up the Homer references because I couldn't remember if it was the Illiad or the Odyssey, lol

What online coffee retailers might you be referring to?

Have you ever tried Gevalia? I think their coffee is good, but do not know if that would be considered up to your standards as "Fresh" coffee.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
The conspiracy on the forefront of my mind is not what most people are thinking...

It has to do with the difference between fresh coffee and stale coffee.

Starbucks serves coffee, they say it's 'fresh', but what exactly does that mean?

Do they even know the shelf life of coffee is only a couple weeks at best?

I always thought that was funny too. They do teach that fresh means before the timer on the front of the pot beeps. (!?!) They don't really seem to care how old the beans actually are, as long as you grind and use them as soon as you open the bag.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It's best to get the beans fresh and roast them yourself. Fresh means just picked.

The other option is to shop with a roaster who guarantees they will roast to order, and ship within twenty four hours. Never order more than you can drink in 6 or 7 days. At the end of a week, something like 80% of the flavinoids have decomposed. I think www.beancentral.com... has a 24 hour guarantee.

It's best to roast your own though. But again, never roast more than you can drink in a week.

Fresh coffee is absolutely divine, try some and find out for yourself.

Gevalia is not bad as far as mass-market coffee goes, but it aint fresh.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Is the Starbucks NWO conspiracy theory where they got the idea for Austin Powers to make No 2's secret lair inside the Starbucks space needle

Dae

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I went back to the Castle Street Starbucks (Liverpool, UK) today. I managed to get the photo but its a bit shakey.

If you look at the other picture, you can see where the teapot eye is located.

[edit on 23/4/06 by Dae]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
It seems like Starbucks is pretty addictive. They're popping up everywhere, and doing incredible business. Maybe it is an Illuminati conspiracy. Maybe they are drugging the masses! Thankfully, the majority of Starbucks customers are hippies, yuppies and left-wing radicals. They're already brainwashed with liberal propaganda, so I don't have anything to worry about. Hopefully the Illuminati will turn them into conservatives and all will be well!

lol nevermind that caffene is addictive and Starbucks coffee tastes better than most coffee houses' coffee. Nevermind the fact that they have a fantastic business model as well. Nevermind they are awesome to their employees, who also drink the coffee and bring friends to drink coffee.

If the Illuminati are involved in this, it's because they put the caffene in the coffee bean or they halped develop the Best Practices and business models Starbucks uses to be so successful.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
thay are puting AUM in the coffee

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join