It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Starbuck's Experiment - Just to see.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The styleized eye of AOL

The obvious CBS

Information Awareness huh

Another pentagram...Note the points spell MASON

By symbols men have ever sought to communicate to each other those thoughts which transcend the limitations of language...In a single figure a symbol may both reveal and conceal,While to the ignorant the figure remains inscrutable.

[edit on 17-9-2005 by jimstradamus]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
They have this same picture in the Starbucks in Birmingham, Michigan in the USA. It is just north of Detroit.

[edit on 27-9-2005 by wattaip]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Just came across this thread and found it very interesting. I'm from Ireland and as yet we are still virginal to the spread of Starbucks. (for how long I wonder)

However I was wondering what people think about the quotes that have been appearing on the cups from Starbucks.

Some conservatives are angered by opinionated quotes that Starbucks puts on its cups.
By JAY CRIDLIN, Times Staff Writer
Published March 25, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moments after picking up a venti vanilla latte from a St. Petersburg Starbucks, Sam Maston removed his cup's cardboard sleeve to inspect a message printed beneath.

"America's national debt is now $7.5-trillion, and it's skyrocketing, even as America's population ages," the cup read. "There will never be a better time to start paying off this crippling debt than today."

The quote, from environmentalist Denis Hayes, didn't faze the 29-year-old Maston.

"I'm a pretty hardcore Democrat," said Maston, who wore a black rubber wristband bearing the words I DID NOT VOTE 4 BUSH. "I think they should put that stuff on there."

Not everyone agrees.

The Seattle coffee chain has raised some eyebrows over its "The Way I See It" campaign, which prints quotes from thinkers, authors, athletes and entertainers on the side of your morning machiatto. The goal, according to the company, is to foster philosophical debate in its 9,000-plus coffeehouses.

The quotes aren't all that inflammatory, though several mirror Starbucks' hallmark tall-grande-venti pretentiousness. Take this one from film critic Roger Ebert: "A movie is not about what it is about. It is about how it is about it."

The problem, critics say, is the company's list of overwhelmingly liberal contributors, including Al Franken, Melissa Etheridge, Quincy Jones, Chuck D. Of the 31 contributors listed on Starbucks' Web site, only one, National Review editor Jonah Goldberg, offers a conservative viewpoint.

Considering Starbucks sells millions of cups of coffee each day - some specialty drinks at $4 and up - it's no surprise some customers have complained to Starbucks' Web site, labeling the campaign "offensive" and the company a proponent of "the destruction of family values and virtues."

"I want to enjoy your product without having Earth Day Network propaganda thrust at me," wrote Malachi Salcido of East Wenatchee, Wash.

Yvette Nunez, a 27-year-old Republican from Tampa, said she hadn't noticed the quotes on her weekly caramel machiattos. On "tall" cups, the text is obscured by a cardboard sleeve.

"There are a lot of great conservative quotes, but oh well," she said. "I'm not surprised. I'm used to being under-represented."

Starbucks' founder and chairman, Howard Schultz, is a major Democratic campaign donor who last year gave $1,000 in Florida to Peter Deutsch's failed U.S. Senate campaign.

Seth Hoffman, president of the Tampa Bay Young Republicans and an occasional Starbucks drinker, said he tries to avoid buying some "liberal" products, like Ben & Jerry's ice cream. He said Starbucks should consider using more conservative voices, but if they don't, he's unlikely to stay away.

"I know about what the company does; I know what my money's going to," said Hoffman, 32. "For me, with Starbucks, it's not what's on the cup, but what's in the cup."

Company spokeswoman Valerie Hwang said the goal is not to stir up controversy. She said the company has lined up 60 contributors with "varying points of view, experiences and priorities" in an effort to promote "open, respectful conversation among a wide variety of individuals."

Each cup also bears a caveat letting customers know that the quote is "the author's opinion, not necessarily that of Starbucks."

"The program is such that we're not requiring our customers to read," Hwang said, "but rather the quotes are there for our customers to discover and enjoy."

The cups also refer customers to the campaign's Web site, www.starbucks.com/wayiseeit where ordinary Joes can submit opinions for publication on a future cup. The site, as well as fliers available in each Starbucks store, encourage angry customers to lash out if they're upset.

Plenty of conservatives may do so. But liberals? Maston, for one, shrugs off the cup-quote controversy, and suggests most Starbucks addicts will do the same.

"If I was that upset about what they put on there," he said, "I wouldn't come here."

sptimes.com...

I would love to see some of the other quotes but I seem to be having difficulty coming across them online. On the official Starbucks website, customers are encouraged to submit their own quotes.
www.starbucks.com...

So, what do you think of this? Is it another mind control tactic or just a money spinner? What's the point if as they say,

"The program is such that we're not requiring our customers to read," Hwang said, "but rather the quotes are there for our customers to discover and enjoy."

?

And have you got a quote that should be seen on Starbucks cups?

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Howard Schultz also owns the Seattle Sonics..

Im sure the Illuminati will let the Sonics win the next 5 NBA titles in a row then

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
interesting topic. I started going to a starbucks in a bookshop lately, and after the 1st visit, started taking a thermos of green tea with me. I dont really drink coffee or normal tea anyway since caffeine is another drug i'd rather do without. The other week, a staff did catch me refilling my starbucks cup from my thermos (got one of my friends to get a 2nd empty cup with her order), but just jokingly said "that cheating", and didnt ask me to leave. Maybe its ok since the shop is upstairs in the corner of a bookstore, and its obvious we're only there to read the books, though my friends do eventually crack and throw away £2+ on a cup of tea/coffee or even herbal tea.

I say to anyone who visits a starbucks in a bookstore to take ur drink in a thermos! esp since starbucks, i hear, cuts down rainforests to grow their coffee.

I will take a few discrete snaps if pos next time and see if there is any masonic/occultic symbols in the coffeehouse.

Even when i go to uni in the weekdays, on one of the days, im stuck in london from 10am til 9pm, since i got kung fu in the evenings, and since i love a lil herbal tea while studying i used to visit an upscale organic supermarket/cafe just off tottenham ct road and buy some herbal tea, but they charge the same price as starbucks, and to make it worse, use the SAME BRAND organic green tea tea bags which i use! £1.80 for one large up of tea when i buy a box of the same brand tea bags (25bags per box) for £1.25. well its stupid, so now, again, i take an extra large backback into uni (risky cos im indian and prob fit some racial profile the police have), and take my thermos of tea with me, as well as a days worth of organic food from home.

another thing i been noticing is how many people hassle me (even if it light heartedly) for carring a large back back, saying it makes me look like a terrorist. I wonder if other people who used to bring food from home are sick of been hassled for carrying a large backback and just WASTE £5+ (£9) on food in london instead now. I know i considered it for a while. but then i thought who cares what other people think.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
My step dad owns one of the 10th anniversary Steve Vai Ibanez guitars:

www.downtownmusic.com.au...

Is that some kind of masonic symbol on the headstock?

Amazing guitar anyway....

[edit on 12-10-2005 by Spreadthetruth]

[edit on 12-10-2005 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
i would say yes, but only because ive gotten used to assuming anything which is a pyramid with an eye is masonic/illuminatus symbol. Like someone said before, maybe its just "cool" to have that sort of image around.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Starbucks is owned by the Phillip Morris Tobacco Company:
www.tobacco.org...

There are 5 Starbucks within a one mile radius of my downtown area..

Nickar
www.deliriumsrealm.com...

In Teutonic mythology, Nicor are malignant water monsters who drown people. They are related to the Nixie, which are kind, loving male water spirits like the Stromkarls and the Necks. The female water spirits are called Undine. These lesser water divinities will sometimes leave the water to attend village dances. They have fish tails and often sit by the water combing each other's long green or blonde hair, playing the harp, or singing.

Dictionnaire Infernal - Collin de Plancy (1863) (paraphrased)
According to Scandinavian mythology, Odin takes on the name of Nickar or Hnickar when he acts as a destroyer. Under this name, he appears as a kelpie, the devil-horse of the Scots, & frequents the lakes & rivers of Scandinavia where he causes tempests, hurricanes, & hailstorms. On the Isle of Rugen, he likes to torment fisherman, upset their boats, and throw them almost to the tops of the highest fir trees. Nickar are descendants of the mermen and merwomen, the nixies of the Teutons, the most famous being the nymphs of the Elbe and of the Gaal. Before Christianity was adopted, the Saxons adored a feminine divinity, whose temple lies in Magdebourg or Megdeburch (city of the young lady). She would appear with a basket under her arm, graceful & proper, and at first glance, one could mistake her for the daughter of a good bourgeois. However, a small corner of her apron always remained wet, as a reminder of her aquatic origin. The English sailors are known call the devil "Old Nick."

================

NIX
Related: Folklore
or nixie, in Germanic mythology, water sprite. The nixes could assume various shapes, most frequently as half human and half fish. They could do favors for humans, particularly in teaching them bewitching music, but for the most part they were treacherous and malignant.
www.encyclopedia.com...

=================

The Nixie Changelings from the Saal River
Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm, German Legends
From time to time nixies would emerge from the Saal River and go into the city of Saalfeld where they would buy fish at the market. They could be recognized by their large, dreadful eyes and by the hems of their skirts that were always dripping wet. It is said that they were mortals who, as children, had been taken away by nixies, who had then left changelings in their place.
www.pitt.edu...

==================

also called nixie , or nixy in Germanic mythology, a water being, half human, half fish, that lives in a beautiful underwater palace and mingles with humans by assuming a variety of physical forms (e.g., that of a fair maiden or an old woman) or by making itself invisible. One of three attributes may betray the disguises of nixes: they are music lovers and excellent dancers, and they have the gift of prophecy. Usually malevolent, a nix can easily be propitiated with gifts. In some regions, nixes are said to abduct human children and to lure people into deep water to drown. According to some sources, nixes can marry human beings and bear human children.
www.britannica.com...
=====================

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
whoa, after reading this thread i went up to my local starbucks in north london and there is a sign about 2 foot square clear as day on the main wall!!
why would they have this as their logo, its really dodgy man!

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
A Starbucks has just opened in Dublin, Ireland. Our first one. I will have a look and post any pictures I find.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
there has to be a valid reason as to why starbucks incorporated a triangular shape with an eye in it. I refuse to believe it's a coincidence or a simple work of art.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I checked out one of the local starbucks and I couldn't find the triangle. Maybe it's a random thing?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by djadadjii
Starbucks is owned by the Phillip Morris Tobacco Company:
www.tobacco.org...

You forgot to mention what it says also on the pack of cigs

Veni Vidi Vici

I came I saw I conqured

business statement or ........?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
As a former Starbucks barista - (and Illuminati afficiado) I can let you in on a few things about what I observed while working at the new store here in our small town.

1.) There IS an "all seeing eye" - but I am unable to get a photo of it because I have been banned from the store for reasons I'll only go into in a Private Message to interested parties.

2.) The entire training manual is classic propaganda and follows what I know to be the Illuminist adgenda in what they expect/demand of employees and presentation of the company "image" (outside of coffee preparation techniques).

3.) Baristas are subject to "secret shoppers" that work exclusively for the Starbuck's Empire....if you are the "model employee" you will be picked out for better positions and possibly travel in a variety of different "educational retreats" related to coffee and the corporate belief structure. It's a subtle way of "scouting" for "canidates".

4.) Money is a BIG part of the landscape here. It was pushed on us from the beginning as to our "potential" during training, and I was even part of the "set up". (I placed a ten dollar tip in the drive thru tip jar and it was brought up as "see what is possible here at Starbucks!" to the mostly teenage crowd.

5.) Religious insignia of any kind is not allowed. No jewelry is permitted that displays your affiliation with any organized religion.

6.) I was scouted early on as a "potential canidate" through various subtle "sign showing" (rings and insignia) to see if I would pick up on them. I did, because - sad, but true - I am somewhat of an illuminist myself (though not currently affiliated with any group as I am new to this area).

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me for further discussion or I'll be more than happy to contribute here, if the thread starter does not object.

Dae

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
1.) There IS an "all seeing eye" - but I am unable to get a photo of it because I have been banned from the store for reasons I'll only go into in a Private Message to interested parties.

Snot fair! Something that is seriously lacking in this thread is peoples pics of Starbucks *pouts* But I am intrigued on yer banning!

3.) Baristas are subject to "secret shoppers" that work exclusively for the Starbuck's Empire....if you are the "model employee" you will be picked out for better positions and possibly travel in a variety of different "educational retreats" related to coffee and the corporate belief structure. It's a subtle way of "scouting" for "canidates".

Oh yeah, I worked in McDonalds years ago, they had the same thing going on too!

5.) Religious insignia of any kind is not allowed. No jewelry is permitted that displays your affiliation with any organized religion.

Not surprised at that one at all, of course they dont want other religious symbols clashing with their own, makes sense.

6.) I was scouted early on as a "potential canidate" through various subtle "sign showing" (rings and insignia) to see if I would pick up on them....

Any chance you could expound upon that bit? *is intrigued*

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The Seattle coffee chain has raised some eyebrows over its "The Way I See It" campaign

Or should that be, the way ‘Eye’ see it? The all-seeing eye? the pun is in there, intentional or not...

Snot fair! Something that is seriously lacking in this thread is peoples pics of Starbucks *pouts*

Sorry Dae, but I wouldn’t wanna go in that place… I don’t like the prices, I don’t like what it represents- corporate takeover… I can't believe that people have been suckered into paying so much for a cup of beverage and a biscuit...

Dae

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Kingmonster
Sorry Dae, but I wouldn’t wanna go in that place… I don’t like the prices, I don’t like what it represents- corporate takeover… I can't believe that people have been suckered into paying so much for a cup of beverage and a biscuit...

Perfectly understandable. When I took my photos, I just walked in and took the pics discreetly and walked out again.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This is quite intriguing, but I must ask, for what purpose would Starbucks have, with putting an Illumanati sign in various Starbuck cafes?

Does it give them luck or some sort of power over folk?

Dae

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
Does it give them luck or some sort of power over folk?

In this thread I ran with a little synopsis on the why, I shall quote me here as its relevant to this thread:

Originally posted by Dae

In this pic you can see the eye (a right eye (RA I think)) 'crying' into the coffee cup, with those famous lines around it looking like steam but its illuminated with the power infused by whatever foul demon they worship
You can also see that the cup is within a cog within the pyramid which represents us plebs working within the system and the eye is obviously outside the cog...

I opt for power as opposed to luck.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It's a subtle way to convey positions of power or spiritual enlightment - the "flashing of the ring" - the gentleman who was helping to open the store was very well mannered, a gentle soul and a head for organization. I found him extremely interesting, and after he flashed his ring and noted my response - we became involved in an in-depth conversation about his other personal pursuits - horse breeding and travel.

Nothing nefarious about him at all - a very enlighted and gentle soul.

The problem with this tactic is most people take more stock in the material trappings than they do the person - the covetous nature takes over and then the Illuminist proceeds to exploit this ego-driven nature to his full advantage.

Had I responded differently to this subtle gesture, it is doubtful he would have divuldged any personal information.

He recruite dme soon after to help with the "opening day ceremonies" by placing a ten dollar tip in the tip jar - and "incentive" to the younger crowd of workers who were not nessecarily working there because they loved the art of coffee and conversation, but rather because it was "a hip place to make money and a cool hangout (social status)".

I took the art of coffee very seriously - I was trained by an Italian in California several years ago while I worked in his small cafe. I was there for the work itself, while the "kids" were there for their own agendas.

I left on good terms when the psychic demands of running the store became inextricably interlaced with the "teenage clubhouse" mentality that the young members were bringing to the cafe atmosphere. It interfered with my ability to run a cafe, I was going out of my way to clean up after them and take care of "oversights" and the personal drama and power plays of the younger generation just made my dream job inhospitable.

On a side note - when I first saw the "eye" I felt a collective sigh of relief within me - I have always gravitated towards this icon and imagery, though only within the last five years come to understand the complexities of the Illuminst Heirachy.

I'm still working on a paper of my personal experiences with them.

They really aren't as nefarious as most would belive - just regimented and highly misunderstood.

I'll try to get the photo from one of my friends who still works there. *wink*

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join