It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some people feel the need to post outright lies about Masons and Masonry?

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Quote [That doesn't answer my question, though. If you pray to God, how can you not be praying to God? Mammon isn't relevant to Masonry, at least not by the definition I see at Wikipedia. ]

You do not need to pray through anything or to anything to pray to God .....well except for you do need to pray in name of his Son Jesus (as there is no name under heaven by which one can be saved but through his son ..who is the only mediator in heaven or on earth because God the father gave all things to him ..he is the heir of all things ... ) .. ...

And Masonry is serving Mammon ( ..serving the creature more than the creator) if you ask me and there are plenty of links of some of what they do and say etc that proves this ..Yes they do some really good things as well ...like the Shriners ..they pay for kids glasses etc when they cannot afford it ..but just like the Catholics (which I believe are idol worshippers too) they have a show of godliness but they deny the power of thereof (things of the spirit and prayers in spirit etc) they can also appear as angels of light with their good deeds ..which is what makes them so outright deceptive if you ask me ..which I know you didnt ask lol so thank you for listening anyway lol ..

..they are mortal men serving mortal men actually leaving out the spirit if you will ......they actually serve many gods ..(Horus,that Goat the Owl etc etc ) .......not the real ONE AND ONLY GOD ....

Quote [But what if there isn't any idol worship going on? (And on a related note, just how many gods do you think there are?)]

Well notice I used small letters as god is really a generic word ....
*which is why I believe God said what he did about Jesus and there being no other name (no other gods anywhere ) whereby men can be saved .....

And even the bible says this .

1Cr 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

to me gods are actually what one would consider his god ..even a gun can be someones god ..I mean read through some of these posts ..where they think a Gun is the end all be all ...

I said ...
And you are to avoid any appearance of evil (the goat head and the wise owl stuff and even the Horus who was an idol diety of the ancient times like Baal and the meanings behind them ...............

Quote you said [None of which are relevant to Masonry.]

So I take it you really have not studied much on Masonry eh ?
Because they certainly relevant to Masonry ....do some digging ...and do some studying into it ........

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
You do not need to pray through anything or to anything to pray to God .....
And I don't.

......they actually serve many gods ..(Horus,that Goat the Owl etc etc ) .......not the real ONE AND ONLY GOD ....
You're totally, absolutely, categorically, unqualifiedly 100% wrong in that statement.

So I'll ask you a third and final time, if in my heart and mind I'm serving the "real ONE AND ONLY GOD", how would I not be?

So I take it you really have not studied much on Masonry eh ?
Because they certainly relevant to Masonry ....do some digging ...and do some studying into it ........
Actually, I've studied quite a bit, being a 32° in the Scottish Rite and a Master Mason. How many hours have you spent in a lodge or reading Masonic literature?

[edit on 8/25/2008 by JoshNorton]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
So I'll ask you a third and final time, if in my heart and mind I'm serving the "real ONE AND ONLY GOD", how would I not be?
[edit on 8/25/2008 by JoshNorton]

well that depends if you consider the one true God to be the Divine Creator of all the cosmos, or Lucifer... most Scottish Rite masons are Luciferian in nature. please prove me wrong...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
please prove me wrong...

Prove yourself RIGHT! It isn't up to someone else to disprove a negative! I can just as easily (and with as much accuracy) say that you are promoting Satanism in your stance and demand you to prove otherwise. However, the real world doesn't work that way.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
well that depends if you consider the one true God to be the Divine Creator of all the cosmos, or Lucifer... most Scottish Rite masons are Luciferian in nature. please prove me wrong...

I'm with Fitzgibbon here. Do you KNOW "most Scottish Rite Masons?" Boy, there sure are a lot of us. I'm one and I know a TON of 'em, but I sure fall short in knowing "most" of them. Let alone what they believe about God.

You've made the accusation, let's see some facts.

It's a darned funny thing to me that the meetings of the Supreme Council of the Scottish Rite in D.C. (the governing body of the S.R. in the Southern Jurisdiction, USA) generally start with a Vespers service the night before at a local Christian church. No "luciferians" there.

I'd be interested to know where you Googled your "facts"

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i don't know if this has been posted on this thread or not, but i found this to be an interesting read about ex-masons...

www.geocities.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Appak
I'd be interested to know where you Googled your "facts"

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
whale.to... freemasonry & illuminati..
www.jordanmaxwell.com...
projectcamelot.org...

please don't misunderstand, i know there to be MANY good freemasons out there. some are just more corrupted than others, and they don't even know it half the time. most believe a few bad apples can spoil the whole bunch...

EDIT: oh and you say they meet in D.C.?
"Washington D.C. and Masonic/Luciferic Symbology"

[edit on 30-8-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

That is called creating shapes out of complex patterns. Its not that the shapes were intentional (nor do all of them exist - that pentagram is actually missing a leg that everyone conveniently forgets about), but its just a matter of reality that when you have complex street lay outs (with lines coming in at multiple angles from every direction), you will be able to trace things in the street that are nothing more than figments of an active imagination.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Masonry is incomatible with christianity, plane and simple.Take no oaths , do not swear to any one.That is in the book.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Masonry is incomatible with christianity, plane and simple.Take no oaths , do not swear to any one.That is in the book.

My, aren't we scraping the bottom of the anti-masonic barrel this evening? Do you people just recycle the same debunked talking points?

I am glad that you have declared Masonry and Christianity incompatible due to Masonry's use of obligations. I trust that you also will never get married (marriage vows are an oath), will refuse to testify in court (that's an oath, even if you call it an affirmation), and will never ever sign a contract (that functions the same as an oath)? Very good then. I also suppose you will take the rest of the bible literally, and stone those committing adultery and slap any female that talks in church? And that, upon your conversion, you sold absolutely everything and followed Christ's commandment: leave everything behind and follow Me. I trust then that your posting from a monastery or public library, because if you own a computer, your not following the bible literally.

As for me, I know that there is no incompatibility between freemasonry and Christianity. In fact, freemasonry rather compliments it because it encourages me to be faithful to the tenets of my religion and to put my religion, family, friends, and work before the lodge in importance. The passages on oaths in the Bible do not mean that you can never take an oath, rather that no one should ever be able to question your intentions (that is what 'let your yes be yes and you no be no' means).

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

Don't bother, he's been saying the same nonsense for at least a year now, only things he's done is shorten his lines. It's like argueing with a parrot.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

No no you are missing the point.Oaths like bow down before someone blind folded and then swear with your life.

I trust that you also will never get married (marriage vows are an oath),
will refuse to testify in court (that's an oath, even if you call it an affirmation)

That is an oath before god, or in cort with a hand on the bible before god.
Don't compare them because masonry has nothing to do with religios oaths right? If it were to be an religios oath it would be a religion.

, and will never ever sign a contract (that functions the same as an oath)?

That is not an oath.It's a contract.

Very good then. I also suppose you will take the rest of the bible literally, and stone those committing adultery and slap any female that talks in church? And that, upon your conversion, you sold absolutely everything and followed Christ's commandment: leave everything behind and follow Me.

I thought we are talking about something and then it's something else?
I can't see in your quote anything related to what me and you are talking about.This is calling derailing , or deviating the subject, did you know that.
It was oaths.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by pepsi78]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Congratulations on your 100th post in this thread, pepsi78! (You're still wrong, but points for effort & stamina!)

Originally posted by pepsi78
That is an oath before god, or in cort with a hand on the bible before god.
Don't compare them because masonry has nothing to do with religios oaths right? If it were to be an religios oath it would be a religion.
Hand on the bible? Check. Ending the oath with "so help me God"? Check.

So you say that's OK? Cool. Because that's what every Mason does when he takes his obligation. Are you implying that a court of law is a religious institution? Because it does the same things, and you're OK with that...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

folks would stop speculating about the freemasons if they let geraldo rivera look inside the vault, so to speak. That will never happen, so the speculation will continue.
reply to post by syrinx high priest

the news is a biased opinion same with any opinion its all stuff you will have to see and find out for yourself... but i am not familiar with and secret societies. except i heard all us presidents and pres canidates ahve been to that burning owl ceremony in cali

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

So you say that's OK? Cool. Because that's what every Mason does when he takes his obligation. Are you implying that a court of law is a religious institution? Because it does the same things, and you're OK with that...
reply to post by JoshNorton

what ever happened to seperation of churhc and state?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antiamerican1776
I would fight to my death to maintain the separation of church and state. In fact, as a Scottish Rite Mason I've taken an oath to defend such a separation. What I'm saying is that one can make an oath to their god outside of religious contexts. Likewise, I support an atheists' right to make an affirmation of fidelity without requiring a theistic component.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by Antiamerican1776
I would fight to my death to maintain the separation of church and state. In fact, as a Scottish Rite Mason I've taken an oath to defend such a separation.

Interesting!

Is this oath unique to the Scottish Rite? Nothing similar in the York Rite?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
Interesting!

Is this oath unique to the Scottish Rite? Nothing similar in the York Rite?
I'm not sure, to be honest. I haven't joined the York Rite yet, though I've considered it. I wouldn't progress all the way through the York bodies anyway, as the top 2 or 3 of their degrees require you to swear that you'll defend the Christian faith above all others. I disagree with that, personally, so I'll never be a Knight Templar (of the York Rite, at least). I'd still consider joining for some of the lower degrees. I hear their Royal Arch and cryptic degrees are quite nice.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Master Masons at play.

nuff said.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join