It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blown Out Of My Mind By Episode III!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I've just witnessed movie magic!!! It's the three o'clock in morning and my mind is racing!

It was pure gold in my opinion! Episodes I and II were bantha foder...I would have spent a week in line to see that movie - Pure genius....

I loved Star Wars before, but now I'm damn near psychotic over it....

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I went to sleep after I saw it. But now I'll tell you. When the movie started the projector was messed up the bottom of the screen was on the top and the top was on the bottom. So everyone started yelling and getting very upset it was quite amusing. They eventually fixed it but I was very dissatisfied.
The part where Darth Vader says Noooooooo! was horrible. I think this was the worst star wars movie ever. and Im a huge fan of star wars

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Nooooooooo!

When Star Wars fans disagree, usually they're at polar opposites and won't give an inch - But I respect your opinion...

I couldn't disagree more though!

When the movie started we had a glitch too....The damn rear speakers went out.....
....One of the most beautiful things about Star Wars is the sound effects and John Williams - And nothing sucks more than listening to a flat soundtrack for 30 minutes while they try and fix it....But it came back on later

What really did it for me was two primary things.....A.) George Lucas remasters the art of cut scenes!! The action switching from one location to another was just as strong, if not stronger than the 70s and 80s films....

And B.) The cardboard characters come to life! Maybe they all just needed a few years to grow up and perfect their acting skills....Who knows....But this go around their performances were actually delivered with gut and bravado!

Any Star Wars fan going to that movie can't expect to be shocked at the plot....We all know it buy heart - It's the visualization of the events that makes it count....And I think Lucas pulled off a miracle in that aspect....

Episodes I and II were filled to the brim with eye candy and left without any meat on their bones......Unfortunately, what I think happened there was that Lucas has had the vision of Episode III in his head for so long now, that he threw a dog a bone and rushed I and II, then really sat down and made III his magnum opus.....

Even so.....this last installment vindicates him in my eyes....

Many of the actors in this movie have an incredible acting history beyond Star Wars....But now I think it's safe to say they've all become immortalized in quite a distinct way all their own.....

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Sweet.... It was nice to see many things explained finally..

Just saw it last night....

SPOILER ALERT!!!! (yeah, as if we didn't know the plot right?)

Anyhoo...

Qui Gon's non-dematerialization explained...very cool.

Wiping C-3PO's memory....very cool.

How Palpatine revealed himself as a Sith....very cool.

How the Jedi were wiped out so easily...again, very cool.

The "immaculate conception" bit explained...nice.
The physical reasons for the Vader outfit...above and beyond cool...

Not so cool, or at least puzzling...

How did Leia know her mother (as mention in ROTJ) when she died in childbirth? (she's telling Luke about her....we just have to now assume she meant her adopted mother).

Chewbacca knows Yoda? Well, they never really met in the films, so I can believe it, just really small universe, hehe....

How did Obi Wan not know about Leia (he tells Yoda there is no hope, in either ESB or ROTJ, but Yoda mentions another....) He was there for the birth, and even knows Organna...so huh?

Aniken goes from "don't kill the unarmed senator" to Jedi baby killing monster overnight? A little TOO evil right off the get go, for me, but eh... Seems it would really take longer for THAT level of corruption to set in...

There needed to be at least ONE scene of Boba Fett killing one of the Jedi....c'mon man!

Vader never kicks any ass in the new suit....I SO wanted to see that.

Still, one of THE movies of all time....awesome, simply awesome.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i just dont get it ... i simply dont get why ppl get so crazed about tthis movie ??? just like i dont get the "Zena Coonventions", the "Galatyca conventions"... the "satr Wars conventions"... i must have a gap on my genetic mass........... i just dont get what the fuss is about ?????

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It's just a great movie is all, people relate to it and love the story. Its not all that diffcult to figure what all the fuss is about lol Folks like different things.

I btw loved it! I even cried the last 45minutes of it lol When Leias & Lukes theme played I weeped and smiled. So much hope for the future!

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It sucked!

And I haven't even seen it.

Still sucks though.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
i just dont get it ... i simply dont get why ppl get so crazed about tthis movie ??? just like i dont get the "Zena Coonventions", the "Galatyca conventions"... the "satr Wars conventions"... i must have a gap on my genetic mass........... i just dont get what the fuss is about ?????

I don't go to any conventions....Like Gala-Kemen said...Everyone has their querks....

I fell in love with the originals when I saw them growing up....There's no movie I own that's been played so many times - I went through 4 copies of the tapes b/c I watched them so much

Okay RANT....You got me - I have to bow down to you
- *sighs* You're right...It totally blew - There was some serious blowage going on....

*Sings in high-pitched voice* Let the joyous news be spread, The last Star Wars at last is dead!

[edit on 5/21/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
**SPOILER AHEAD** Avert thine eyes, young padawan.

Awesome, awesome film. I must admit I entered the cinema expecting more of the soulless drivel presented in I and II, but I was pleasantly surprised. Kudos to Lucas for rescuing the series.

A few minor gripes, though:

* The way the Jedi were wiped out so easily was pathetic. You're telling me these geeks kept peace throughout the galaxy for millenia?! Pfft! What a bunch of lame-o's! Virtually every single one, shot in the back with a dumba$$, unsuspecting look on their face. Conehead dude even turned around and looked all forlorn before letting a couple of clones shoot him down. DUDE!! RAISE YOUR FREAKIN LIGHTSABER!! THAT"S WHAT IT'S FOR!! :bnghd: They deserved to get done over for being so stoopid...accept the blue chick coz she was HOT!

* Annakin has to be the most gullible buffoon in the universe. He swallows every single word that Palpatine pisses in his ear. Even at the end, he's like, "Where's Padme?" and the Emperor's like, "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention...you sort of killed her...and uhh, stuff." ...and he believes it! WTF?! And don't even get me started on the Frankenstein scene. I was half expecting the Emperor to shriek, "It's aliiiive! IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIVE!!!"

* WTF was the "higher ground" BS where Obe-Wan defeats Annakin? We're talking uber-powered Jedis here, not a 13th century siege! They're flying around on tiny bits of metal in a vast lava cavern, and suddenly Annakin's vanquished because Obe made it to the bank first? What the frig?! Annakin could have flipped over to the side and landed 20 feet away. And what's with Obe leaving him to slowly burn to death after chopping off three of his limbs? It's like, "Oh, I don't have the heart to kill you, but I'll leave you to a slow, agonizing death."

* I agree with Gazrok, Annakin's turn from confused retard to ultra-evil kid-killer was a little sudden. I guess the only way to explain that away would be to say that he lost his marbles and just snapped, but the actor didn't portray it well enough.

* General Grievous was pretty cool with the four lightsaber stunt. Kinda reminds me of a couple of raves I've been to. But wtf is up with having your internal organs exposed like that? Dude, if I had no flesh , you can bet your Millenium Falcon that I'd have my organs encased in 20 inches of laser-proof alloy....and a forcefield...and bug repellant.

Overall a good effort though. I'll pay to see it again in the cinema.

edit to add: What the hell is the deal with Yoda's grammar? I mean, come on. You'd think 880 years would be enough time to work on your sentence structure. I was half hoping Samuel L. Jackson would say to him, "English, mutha*****! You speak it?!"

[edit on 2005/5/24 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
edit to add: What the hell is the deal with Yoda's grammar? I mean, come on. You'd think 880 years would be enough time to work on your sentence structure. I was half hoping Samuel L. Jackson would say to him, "English, mutha*****! You speak it?!"

LMFAO!!! That would be a priceless addition to the DVD extras....lol

Yeah - You made a lot of good points...."ExEcUtE PlAn 66!" - "Yes Ma'lord!".....
- I think that was a bit rushed.....I mean - Did the force get a virus or something and go down for a few minutes? Yoda knew what was up....

I loved that scene where he just waived his hand and *SMACK!* the Imperial Guards get knocked on their asses....

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Not so cool, or at least puzzling...

How did Leia know her mother (as mention in ROTJ) when she died in childbirth? (she's telling Luke about her....we just have to now assume she meant her adopted mother).

Chewbacca knows Yoda? Well, they never really met in the films, so I can believe it, just really small universe, hehe....

How did Obi Wan not know about Leia (he tells Yoda there is no hope, in either ESB or ROTJ, but Yoda mentions another....) He was there for the birth, and even knows Organna...so huh?

Aniken goes from "don't kill the unarmed senator" to Jedi baby killing monster overnight? A little TOO evil right off the get go, for me, but eh... Seems it would really take longer for THAT level of corruption to set in...

There needed to be at least ONE scene of Boba Fett killing one of the Jedi....c'mon man!

Yeah - One of the downfalls of Lucas is his inability to keep things accurate.....Pretty damn sad when you're spending millions of dollars on a movie that attracts die hard fans who know the rest of the movies by heart....and then, oops, the storyline changes at the drop of a dime.....

One of the biggest ones I noticed right off the bat, even before Episode one came out, was all this business about Qui-Gon training Obi Wan....It was originally Yoda....Big mistake....I mean - it was great to have Liam Neeson in the series, buuuut....

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
woohoo...I'm off to see it tomorrow...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
im trying to talk my girlfriend into seeing it, but she isn't a fan so ill have to go with some friends.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Enron said:
ExEcUtE PlAn 66!" - "Yes Ma'lord!"..... - I think that was a bit rushed.....I mean - Did the force get a virus or something and go down for a few minutes? Yoda knew what was up....

Yeah, I was arguing about this with my friends after the film. They were saying that the Jedi should have sensed the danger, like spider-sense or something, or sensed the disturbance when all the other Jedis were killed, but I argued that only Jedis of a certain rank/power have the premonition/disturbance thing, like when Obe-Wan senses the disturbance in the Schwartz when the planet gets blown up in Ep.IV, but Luke is as clueless as a learning-impaired nerf herder.

"Plan 66". Now THAT is a lame name. Might as well called it "Plan 666" and finished off the cliche.

One of the biggest ones I noticed right off the bat, even before Episode one came out, was all this business about Qui-Gon training Obi Wan....It was originally Yoda....Big mistake....I mean - it was great to have Liam Neeson in the series, buuuut....

Hmm, well I guess Yoda was Obe-Wan's mentor after Qui-Gon died. In Ep.II Obe refers to him as Master and is all deferential and yes I'm making excuses.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I went and saw the movie on opening day and thought it was magnificently done. Also, I may be the only person to notice this, but I swear to god I spotted the Millenium Falcon near the beginning of the movie. Just as Anakin and them arrive to the temple where he first meets Padme, the scene of a ship landing just before that is the millenium Falcon. It has to be... it looked so much like it. I too liked it when Yoda did the flick of the wrist move on the imperial gaurds. I also like it when he was a Kashyyk and took out those two clone troopers sneaking up on him. This was by-far the best of the new trilogy. I also loved the expression on Dooku when Sidious told Anakin to kill him.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Speaking of Dooku, Lucas was so lucky to have an actor of Christopher Lee's caliber to play the role. Dooku's character would have been a passing note without him.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It can't be any worse than the Phantom Menace...in the words of Simon Pegg, "that jumped up fireworks display of a toy advert".

Btw, wecomeinpeace, my mum used to know George Galloway when he was an MP for Glasgow. Loudmouthed hypocritical corrupt arsehole, apparently. Still, seeing him get stuck into the senate commission made me proud to be Scottish.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad
Btw, wecomeinpeace, my mum used to know George Galloway when he was an MP for Glasgow. Loudmouthed hypocritical corrupt arsehole, apparently. Still, seeing him get stuck into the senate commission made me proud to be Scottish.

Yeah, to be honest I didn't know a lot about Galloway before these allegations surfaced and his appearance before the senate. The "Modern Hero" moniker is purely in reference to his standing up to the hypocrits in Washington and to his anti-war stance in general. I'd be interested to hear what allegations of corruption your mother has against him. U2U me to save derailing the thread.

wow...off topic.
Sorry, Enron!

[edit on 2005/5/25 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Damnit! I demand order!!

Hey - It's BTS for one, and it's all educational material to me

But I guess I can give a shot at bringing it back on topic..

So...How about that weather on Dantoine?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
So who wants to make a prediction as to Episodes 7-9 being filmed years from now?

BTW, if you haven't seen the Star Wars Gangsta Rap flash movie, do yourself a favour.
atomfilms.shockwave.com...

"Yoda, why ya bein' a playa hater? You know that I still must confront Lord Vader."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join