It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS/BTS a "tool" of British Intelligence?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I remember watching the film, Seven Days of the Condor, starring Robert Redford as a CIA employee The Redford character was an employee of the CIA but he certainly wasn't a field agent. He was a "reader". In the movie, the CIA had a department which read everything. The department would read about conspiracy theories in popular magazaines, literature, movies, etc. The department would read murder mysteries for methods that were used and they would read espionage novels for information that could be gleaned and used in actual operations. Is ATS/BTS being used for a similar purpose? Have you ever looked at a picture of Simon Gray? This guy is MI5, for sure, he has that "James Bond" look. Could Mr. Gray be one of these "readers" and he has developed ATS/BTS to make his work easier? Perhaps he doesn't even tell his superiors about his site and he fronts "our" work and observations as his "own". Regardless, Is this site being "used" by intelligence agencies?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
That's something I've wondered about myself; it seems like something must be going on. If all the information here was valid, you think someone would have said something about it. If ATS is really exposing all of the government's secrets in one way or another, something would've been done about it. Does make you wonder...either a lot of stuff on here is wrong, or it's helping the gov't out somehow. Maybe the ATS powers that be are giving our personal info to the gov't for retaliation purposes once the NWO comes in full force
If nothing else it's a good time killer...

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
the thing is that information doesn't necessarily have to be "valid" to be of use for intelligence agencies (we've seen that Iraq). Intelligence agencies could gleen a lot from ATS/BTS such as trends in thinking, interesting conspiracy theories that they could capitalize on themselves and they can also view just how well some of their disinformation is working. The possibilities are endless.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Wait I thought ATS was run by the CIA, or no wait, I think it was the aliens....was that really a picture of the real SimonGray, or is Simon really a grey?

dh

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It has many trawlers and well-informed debunkers, some apparently working full-time
And where did that much-attended and - replied 757 thread originate from
I'm sure the central thesis is about right
Still, while they're watching, subverting information, and adding names and theories to the list, we're availed a certain freedom of expression

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'm British, I'm intelligent, so yes this is a tool of British intelligence.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
I'm British, I'm intelligent, so yes this is a tool of British intelligence.

niiice...

and no (to the original question)...

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Strictly speaking, ATS is a subdivision of the external image, of which MI5, the ISI, and Grey Fox are all subdivisions. I beleive in Operations tho the ATS terminal is the same as the MI5 terminal tho.

[edit - this post has not been edited, and there is no EAC ]

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
yes. it's a voluntary spy network, obviously.

do you want to join?

can you keep a secret?

YOU'RE IN, THEN!!!

DO YOU PLAY CRICKET!?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I would have said what SG said (hypothetically and not personally speaking), but SG said what SG said before I could say what SG said.

No SiGMAtosis here any more.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Hey it's possible, see how everyone comes on now to distract.

And this one person has all those hard working american mods working for BI

Remember the saying by David Hannum and stolen by PT Barnum.

Yes Virginia it's true.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
hmm could be true that ats is a inteligance gathering opertuneity. so and some mods could be in on it. but hey any posters could also be intel agents, it dosn't have to be staff. feel warm and fuzzy?

as for cricket. i have no clue on what it is all about.
but hey that ball gets wacked pretty hard. what the heck is it made out of anyway? we used to have fight practices by where some guys played. one guy took a hit from the ball. we had a hard time convinceing him that "it was not a good hit from a "sword" (actualy made of 1 1/4" diamater rattan) but a ball. it was a good thing the guy was wearing decent plate mail.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
A cricket ball is comprised of a round cork core about the size of a ping pong ball wrapped in long tightly wound cotton thread encased in two halves of seamed leather held together by six parallel stitching patterns.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
A cricket ball is

So, basically, its some bastardized form of Baseball, check. Just like with soccer, its some weird offshoot of Football, the sort the Jets and Steelers play. As proof, just look, in most of the world and Yrip, soccer is actually called "football", but in Merica, people know that its soccer.

And in those other places they think its because they kick the ball, with their feet, ha! How specious and vapid!

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

A cricket ball is

So, basically, its some bastardized form of Baseball, check.

I'm pretty sure baseball is a form of cricket, but I may be wrong.

The "Equilibrium" pic is an "Equilibrium" pic, not a picture of Simon. I am not a halfbreed of Muppet - Betelgeusean. Simon's just cool, that's what he is. And, so is ATS.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
i want that sweet job in the fbi. reading all daycollecting info....connecting points....good stuff...sign me up

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So this thread turned into a cricket match with the FBI?

I think it might be time to hide, I mean close it.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Cricket predates baseball by a couple of centuries.

Both games can be boring, but at least a cricket fixture has a maximum of two innings per team as compared with seven.

Although, two innings each can take five days, etc etc.

The centuries-old games of basketball and gridiron and ice hockey, as pioneered by the native Americans and Eskimos, have been imitated and bastardized themselves into European handball and Australian Rules/Gaelic Football and field hockey.

Also, water polo has been adopted by royalty and is played on horseback, of all things.

It is only base-ketball (Parker & Stone) that remains pure and unsullied, played according to its original historical rules in international challenges at the scientific bases in Antarctica.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I remember watching the film, Seven Days of the Condor, starring Robert Redford as a CIA employee The Redford character was an employee of the CIA but he certainly wasn't a field agent. He was a "reader". In the movie, the CIA had a department which read everything. The department would read about conspiracy theories in popular magazaines, literature, movies, etc. The department would read murder mysteries for methods that were used and they would read espionage novels for information that could be gleaned and used in actual operations. Is ATS/BTS being used for a similar purpose? Have you ever looked at a picture of Simon Gray? This guy is MI5, for sure, he has that "James Bond" look. Could Mr. Gray be one of these "readers" and he has developed ATS/BTS to make his work easier? Perhaps he doesn't even tell his superiors about his site and he fronts "our" work and observations as his "own". Regardless, Is this site being "used" by intelligence agencies?

Great movie that was! But correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he work for the NSA? (And yes, I'm the jerk who has to nitpick every movie...
)

-koji K.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by koji_K]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Both games can be boring, but at least a cricket fixture has a maximum of two innings per team as compared with seven.

Although, two innings each can take five days, etc etc.

It's nine innings in baseball, unless of course extra innings are required, or atmospheric truncation occurs. Must be that Masonic fixation with seven, or so I have been told by so many enlightened contributors in the Secret Societies Forum.

Five days? We try to limit our professional athlete's criminal trials to five days (and that never works).

Signature sport of North America? Has to be professional wrestling.

Mucha Lucha Monkeys, not just for flying drop kicks anymore...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join