It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS/BTS a "tool" of British Intelligence?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

How many of the trolls and more vitriolic members are actually there to break up and divert away attention from the topic at hand?

I often got the impression, and I have seen nor heard absolutely nothing to confirm or even vaguely support this, that some members are indeed shills, fronts for groups, forwarding propaganda. I find it hard to beleive that there are none, just as a prima facie consideration.

I suppose everyone has their own "propaganda" and tries to promote it to the best of their abilities. Although, being a purple heart of other discussion web sites I have butted heads with Ann Coulter-esque trolls (before the term "troll" became watered down and mainstream) who seemed to have the sole purpose of deflecting the conversation away from sensitive topics.

Start talking about say, DU ammunition and the next thing Mr. troll wades in from somewhere and starts screaming invectives and shouting insults. I wish I had kept some logs of these chats for you, but it was such a universal theme, I thought everyone had seen these types of posters before.

ATS is a lot better at keeping the vitriol to a sane level, thanks to some good moderation (I'm not trying to kiss butt.....I don't always agree with mods but ye get the job done) and a strong community.

I don't think, personally, that there is anyone that really cares what 'a bunch of conspiracy buffs' are talking about........I don't know about disruption, certainly not of the type to distract people when they 'get too close to the truth', or what people call 'disinformation agents'.

Probably not, but I put this to you all. A new member with a genuine experience comes to post in a discussion. In the discussion is a troll who is mercilessly ripping into other members. How many newbies would want to post for fear of themselves being ripped into? How much information has been lost to ATS because of this, I wonder?

So the point I am making is this, if someone or some group wanted to stifle any line of thought, it wouldn't take much time or manpower.

Why would they pick on ATS? Well a community this well established, with so many members and visitors? With such a global reach? They would be stupid not to at least peek in from time to time.

And make sure they feed the trolls...

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
A cricket ball is

So, basically, its some bastardized form of Baseball, check.

I'm pretty sure baseball is a form of cricket, but I may be wrong.

Just ask King Ralph about that one! Musta been the only guy to score a homerun playing cricket!

Bowler...!

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I guess the Intelligence community could use this site as a gauge to see what the public has learned about their operations and see who is getting close to the truth and who is not.

Take the 9/11 conspiracy for example, if it was a government black op they could use this site and others like it to gauge if the official truth has been bought or see what conspiracies are getting closer to the truth and use this info to further polish the "OFFICIAL TRUTH". Maybe the NSA's supercomputers are recording everything anyways.

BOMB, President, 9/11, CIA, NSA, kill, George Bush, DEATH

There that should get their attention.

See you in Gitmo fellow ATS'ers

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Of course MI5 have seen this site,maybe they run it.One thing is for sure they aint gonna admit it.This site would be closed down if any Top Secret info was posted on here as per Rules which even a site such as this is required to follow by law.If this site contained anything real chances are it would have been closed down before it`s popularity grew.This site was developed from the X Files series which SG has admitted he got the idea from.The strangest thing about this site is so many people dissmissing the possibility that this site is run by the govt yet gather on a site that covers ALiens, Reptillians,NWO BLAH BLAH BLAH all far more radicule.You would think people believing in conspirices bent on world domination would be more open minded and cautious about a site that gathers them and ultimately reveal there location and id.The Rats and piepiper spring to mind.Humans so intelligent yet so stupid.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm not suggesting leave the Brits alone - just leave the brits alone.
Their power is against things which threaten their security and I feel little or nothing more.

Their a good people and seems to me don't get seriously involved within the affairs of othe countries unless their threatened. Just my point of view.

Dallas

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Simon has stated that on a few occasions when sensitive material has appeared on ATS admin have been asked to remove it and they have been advised of potential legal action.It would be useful to know who had asked for the info to be removed as that would indicate who was monitoring this site.But l fear that is Top Secret and wouldn`t be made available in a thread written by our founding God in a thread "who monitors my site and l`m not happy about it".Guess the guy who started Above Top Secret is not really interested in Anything to do with Conspiricies.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I really don't see the threat with or without Simon's entry. English are in my opinion serios about THEIR security and if a warning came accross to ATS then ATS Powers should if they have not thus far alert its members sinse we live in different times after 9/11.

However, members might still be told of security concerns - AS THOSE CONCERNS ARE EXPRESSED TO THE ANARCHY OF ATS -yes?

Security for all NATO Nations is and should continue to be paramount to all simple outsider or insider statements which could be a defensive concern on ATS..

Dallas

[edit on 20-5-2005 by Dallas]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It does not 'belong' to an intelligence agency, and in the same way, there are no 'agents' here.

People are just coming here, and keeping their true purpose obscured for days and weeks at a time. What so bad about that?

I'm sure we've all come across the type who can't honestly believe everything they are posting. And I don't mean just the people talking about aliens visiting.

But look what got shot down faster than anything, a topic detailing possible 'possession' and celebrities, we don't want people thinking like that now!

Why not, exactly?

Because only religious nuts have heard stories of metaphorically selling your soul?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It is actually excellent question, but it is one of those questions having no possible answer and there is no reason to ask.
ATS/BTS is mostly one way tool.. If someone will post secret - post will be almost immediately debunked or thread will flow ad absurdum like this one. Additionally there is hundred of mind waste on high volume boards raising overall info-noise. On other side – if you know what the truth is – you may trace the leaks. But who cares – it is simply excellent entertainment and someone with mind well tuned may sometimes find real signal in the garbage.
The whole Internet is a tool for modern intelligence and mind control and Google is the best friend of investigators

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
From what I can tell, SG is one of the most imaginative posters out there. Have you seen some of his posts from the past? If he were a newbie, he'd get slammed big time by the debunkers. Do a search for posts by him and I promise there will be some conspiracy you haven't heard of.

To me, ATS is like a school yard. Sure you've got cliques of people who have similar polarization, but people pick their battles fairly carefully here. Hateful or hurtful people are dealt with quickly. There definately seems to be a desire by the ATS Mods to keep the environment friendly so as to encourage people to post without fear of being jumped on. Defense of newbies is common, I have noticed. It's the reason I stay, FWIW.

Frankly, the question is irrelevant because even if SG is Ministry of Intelligence, we'd never know it. Although I am an American, I think the UK has the best intelligence in the world. Remember when they conned Rudolph Hess into actually flying to them? Now that's slick. I have no interest in a queen or royal bloodlines, but the Brits are good people, on the whole. Also, Monty Python is a great show.

Of the 30,000+ users on ATS, it is safe to assume that at least one of them is a UK field or office agent of some type. So what? Frankly I am hoping the UK gets all the best intelligence because they seem to be trying to keep a bit of sanity in their part of the world.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
A cricket ball is

So, basically, its some bastardized form of Baseball, check. Just like with soccer, its some weird offshoot of Football, the sort the Jets and Steelers play. As proof, just look, in most of the world and Yrip, soccer is actually called "football", but in Merica, people know that its soccer.

And in those other places they think its because they kick the ball, with their feet, ha! How specious and vapid!

I won't condescend to describing the differences between 'baseball' and cricket, however a cricket bat is made from the wood of an English willow tree.

It is widely suspected that the elected Chairman of the ECB (England and Wales Cricket Board), currently David Morgan, is in fact a reptilian cricketer of the 1st order...;

[size=0]reptilian of the 1st order

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
I guess the Intelligence community could use this site as a gauge to see what the public has learned about their operations and see who is getting close to the truth and who is not.

Take the 9/11 conspiracy for example, if it was a government black op they could use this site and others like it to gauge if the official truth has been bought or see what conspiracies are getting closer to the truth and use this info to further polish the "OFFICIAL TRUTH". Maybe the NSA's supercomputers are recording everything anyways.

pass the soap. pretty much spot on there, i figger.

you could get 'way above' votes for perception like that.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Simon who. If this man is the top person, he'll have to decide on the limitations and not me or statements from respectfully you 'weirdo'.

Simon, Simon and some times Simon Grey. Gees, Mr Grey can answer for himself and on behalf of the network..we don't need to do it for the man or his ATS Moderators (good people).

Mr Grey and Moderators - I mean no disrespect.
'weirdo' - speak in what you may feel is the best interest of ATS yet certainly not those who are very-responsible for network opinions - am I sounding in anway rude ? nah ! I'm silent to until they consider making me a Super Moderator..

Dallas

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ

Not a 'wise' move

There was a recent case in the UK, published in a highly respected UK newspaper, where a guy was on his mobile in London playing text 'tennis' with a member of his band who just happened to be travelling on a plane and they were discussing some song lyrics or something, but the text included words (in no semblance of order) such as "bomb", "plane" etc

The guy on the ground was intercepted by special branch who took him off for questioning somewhere for quiet a while.

I was looking for a link on this story to post here, and I was merrily googlising similar words (in no semblance of order). My 'always on' connection bombed and I had to restart the router - 1st time in maybe months and months....

So, if anyone can find a link to the story and post, it may help validate the story rather than ppl assume it is urban myth.

Oh, and be careful what you look for, 'they' or echelon may be looking too...

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I have not been an actual member of ATS/BTS for very long. I have been comming here for well over a year none the less to read posts. This being said, not that any one cares, I dont think ATS was made to collect intelligence by the Brits. Even if this was true more power to them........!

ATS from what I understand started out small like most forum sites do... and over the years became what it is today from the people. Any time you place Political topics and Conspiracies..... the people will come. Like the old saying "If We Build It They Will Come"... especially when you have UFO topics. (By the way if some havent.... noticed has the most topics on ATS)

I also agree with some that say, if there was any leaks on matters close to the truth, they would be forced to take it down. One thing is for shure though US Government dosnt own the net! (all though they probably wish) So it would be rather hard for them to do much.... being that this site is served in another country, with differnt laws at that.

So my opinion is no this site wasnt built to gather intellegence like it was stated earlier...... if that was true you wouldnt be reading this now.

If I was Simon Grey I would probably be amazed at this question.... and be laghing all the way..........and asking my self what are these people thinking!

Thats my $00.02 on the matter

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hmmmm.........now MI5 are monitoring us?

Wow. The CIA, KGB, FBI, NSA, DEA, DMV,DSHS, and now the British intel is using this site as a tool to read our minds. With all these spooks using this site for monitoring and disinfo, Simon is gonna need a hell of alot more bandwidth.

dh

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Because it is well attended the British MI and DI will monitor here and have some high-profile agents contributing and debunking
Pick 'em out by the amount of time they appear to have and the degree to which they support the official storylines
Why, I believe one or two might be standing for election

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
So anyone who doesn't buy into every single conspiracy theory regardless of how "left field" it is should be considered a government mole?

Come on now... in this world there are many different types of people.

If you want a site where everyone believes everything, this ain't it. There's plenty of skeptics here and plenty that aren't skeptical. It's called being a diverse commuity.

Most people, myself included, appreciate the level of professionalism and intelligence demonstrated by the membership. If there are any government agents posting here, fine, they have opinions too. I'd personally welcome it.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Come on Gentleman , why would the ramblings of people on here be any use to British Intelligence, most of whats posted is complete drivel by sad persons who think that they have a life , even its a ciber life.Mi5 and 6 are recruited from OXFORD and CAMBRIDGE universities , so they will be gay and talk #. Britain has no intelligenceservice that is as good as you think , just people who do a job and get a good pension. Why cant people see life in its true form?Britain sucks

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Simply a question to You. Most things I have read to do with CIA Agents concerns pointing the finger to a false US CIA rep/Agent.

Which brings me to this little question are You involved in anyway with the CIA ?

Dallas

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join