It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS/BTS a "tool" of British Intelligence?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
From what I can tell, SG is one of the most imaginative posters out there. Have you seen some of his posts from the past? If he were a newbie, he'd get slammed big time by the debunkers. Do a search for posts by him and I promise there will be some conspiracy you haven't heard of.

I'm intrigued, can you enlighten me?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I'm intrigued, can you enlighten me?

Hey there SG.

Well, this is the type of post I was thinking of:

MKULTRA Techniques To Breed Kidnapped Women

...I mean no self-respecting actual British secret agent would want to delve into Cathy O'Brien or subjects like this, so that's my point. Actually, now that I think about it, you may have just been posting these articles to get discussions going, but I don't think that anybody wants MKULTRA and slave breeding talked about on a board that is a "Tool of British Intelligence".

If some new user posted this, I think it's safe to say that it would be descended upon by at least some debunkers. I have, however, met victims of mind control and who have had their children essentially taken from them. It's difficult to find anyone in America who's willing to discuss this subject at all, let alone Cathy O'Brien.

When I see controversial topics like this discussed, I get interested and I also tend to respect the forum more. ATS is a discussion board. Not some tool of some larger group.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
tyrant you are the man!!!!

These Moderators and this Administrator that think there Beyond Above Top Secret don’t understand there just part of someone else’s plot to use this site as a source of statistics and information gathering on how conspiracy theories travel and how they generate to become believable to the average person....your all part of the game no matter if you like it or not.

They think there at the top of the ATS/BTS food chain but there not.....there just helping the information gathers....there just online slaves

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

someone else’s plot to use this site as a source of statistics and information gathering on how conspiracy theories travel and how they generate to become believable to the average person....

Yeah, so what?

What is wrong with foreign governments or spies posting here? So let's assume that James Bond himself posts here. Is he smarter than you? If not, then you'll be able to present ideas that counter his MI-laden propaganda or whatever else you think James Bond would do here. So far as I can tell, there's no organized plan to fabricate lies on ATS. Every issue is fair game and everyone's invited to comment.

We are all engaged in intelligence gathering, as human souls. If you aren't, then your soul probably isn't worth squat.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
Come on Gentleman , why would the ramblings of people on here be any use to British Intelligence, most of whats posted is complete drivel by sad persons who think that they have a life , even its a ciber life.Mi5 and 6 are recruited from OXFORD and CAMBRIDGE universities

For the same reason the met and other organisations are monitoring internet disscussion sites to catch/monitor possible internet peodofiles (incorrectly spelt to look like a fool).A recent person was trapped in an operation that was run by a met officer posing as a child.They used photos of the guys apartment which he had sent to the officer.From those pictures theu were able to id the location and id of the gentleman from objects in the room.MI5/6 do not solely recruit from universities.Nobody here would belief that the Intelligance Services are here to look for the next Bin Laden as Terrorist don`t frequent disscussion sites.Monitoring would only be low level to make sure this site wasn`t being used to show items such as photo`s of MOD sites/spooks or incase the next wistle blower decides this site would be a great place to vent some anger/frustration against the Home Office/Foreign Office.They pay whistle blowers a lot of money to keep quiet so the have to check on there investment

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You can tell this site is controlled.

Everyone knows the first step in control is to divide and conquer.

The very first time I was on ATS I was like, this isn't a conspiracy site, its a conspiracy in itself!

I mean, EVERY single topic you can think of has been ISOLATED from every related topic and idea.

The point of a conspiracy is to tie things together, to show how things that are seemingly unrelated are actually linked in some hidden way.

But ATS, instead, decides it needs to create a different area for discussing each topic, and that they are NOT inherently related.

And where is the area dedicated entirely to anomalous experience by users? No... We don't want something like that, we want Councillors and voting BS.

There is nothing on this web site that questions our consensus reality, that is not its job.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

But ATS, instead, decides it needs to create a different area for discussing each topic, and that they are NOT inherently related.

So you are saying that one large forum with thousands of members posting every single day and zero organization of topics is the way to go?

I think we'll stick with the way it is now. People like to be able to find things... you know?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Let me tell you about Mi5 and the police here , both are underfunded by the Government , neither has the money or the manpower to track down people who are suspect on the Internet, they might look at this site in GCHQ but thats all , not many terrorists posting here , quite a few nutters though.If anyone from GCHQ or Menwith Hill is reading this send me an e-mail , you have my ISP address, if i don't get one i will be very upset.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
How about You, are You MI5 or MI15 or a related network person?
Do you sleep with your eyes open or just think the worst of ATS?

Dallas

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
I'm British, I'm intelligent, so yes this is a tool of British intelligence.

With that statement, you forgot one - witty, lol.

As for the question - this site has so many facets of just about damn near everything that it would be all but impossible to rule anything out - even that it may be just the site as it is, no underhandedness.

Misfit

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
You can tell this site is controlled.

Everyone knows the first step in control is to divide and conquer.

The very first time I was on ATS I was like, this isn't a conspiracy site, its a conspiracy in itself!

I mean, EVERY single topic you can think of has been ISOLATED from every related topic and idea.

The point of a conspiracy is to tie things together, to show how things that are seemingly unrelated are actually linked in some hidden way.

And where is the area dedicated entirely to anomalous experience by users? No... We don't want something like that, we want Councillors and voting BS.

There is nothing on this web site that questions our consensus reality, that is not its job.

You have voted akilles for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

a very bitchin' observation, akilles. you rock.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Of course this site is controlled, but i doubt its by governments agents. ATS probably has its secrets, everything has secrets. Some topics are one sided i.e ATS seems to take the official story for ATS, ive seen so many friends get debunk within secs...but i doubt its a conspiracy

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Let me tell you about Mi5 and the police here , both are underfunded by the Government , neither has the money or the manpower to track down people who are suspect on the Internet, they might look at this site in GCHQ but thats all , not many terrorists posting here , quite a few nutters though.If anyone from GCHQ or Menwith Hill is reading this send me an e-mail , you have my ISP address, if i don't get one i will be very upset.

They may be underfunded by the govt but when there is a change in power either by a new leader or party the next daythat person is taken and given a briefing on the Security Services and basically what he/she can do with them.Govt change Security Service don`t.In the UK the American NSA is monitoring British citizens as the British intel need permission to bug you currently the American Services do not.GCHQ has combined with the NSA the resources to track ID and detain.Look into the recent case of the Hacker who was a UFO nut who managed to penertrate 97 US Govt departments.Ok he got in but they found him even when he was using servisticated blocking systems.They don`t need to send you an E-Mail to prove the point.Your on a discussion site you don`t no who you talking to.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
well, wierdo, i just assume i'm talking to a nest of viper spies from hell.

i love the truth
i love the truth
let me know your lies
'cause, i know i'm a gonna die s-
omeday

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
well, wierdo, i just assume i'm talking to a nest of viper spies from hell.

i love the truth
i love the truth
let me know your lies
'cause, i know i'm a gonna die s-
omeday

Very poetic.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well as far as I'm aware the combined force of the NSA , GCHQ, Mendwith Hill and all the other listening posts have not reduced crime in this country , they must be able to listen to druggies making deals on there cell phones. I think they ignore crime and just spy on terrorists and other countries even friendly ones for political information , which is sad because they could clean up the criminal elements with their technology.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Well as far as I'm aware the combined force of the NSA , GCHQ, Mendwith Hill and all the other listening posts have not reduced crime in this country , they must be able to listen to druggies making deals on there cell phones. I think they ignore crime and just spy on terrorists and other countries even friendly ones for political information , which is sad because they could clean up the criminal elements with their technology.

And whilst there clearing the muggers/druggies etc in walks the next Bin Laden.Unfortunetly bugging information is not admisable in a court of law without permission of a judge given to bug that person.Random evidence of spying on people is not something the govt wants to make public.GCHQ etc don`t really soley on intel from mobilephones as people aren`t stupid to communicate on a phone would be very foolish.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K

Great movie that was! But correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he work for the NSA? (And yes, I'm the jerk who has to nitpick every movie...
)

-koji K.

If you must nitpick, The Book was titled, "Six Days of the Condor." The Movie was, "Three Days of the Condor." and Robert Redford worked for the CIA. He still does.

Wupy

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
it's certainly possible that this is a tool of some intelligence organization, but at any rate i'm sure the site is monitored by organizations even if not owned by them.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I thought the picture was Robin Williams, not Simon?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join