It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quitting SWG...Going back to EQ!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Star Wars Galaxies is probably the worst MMORPG ever created.

Aside from the fact the controls are suxors, you wander around aimlessly, in search of absolutely nothing. Grouping is little to non-existent. PvE is a joke. PvP is worse still. After a month, I cancelled my account.

Going back to good 'ol.......

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
All I have to say is City Of Heroes. That game totally rules. It is, in fact, electronic crack. Very addictive.

I was actually playing FFIX for about a month before canning it and headed back to EQ. However, EQ hasn't had much play since City of Heroes (CoH) is taking up quite a bit of my free time. CoH, dude, it's the way to go!

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Both EQ2 and SWG suck balls. I have played both, SWG for over 6 months in fact.

Personally I prefer EVE or GuildWars. But there are some gooduns in the pipeline. try Middle Earth Online, or Warhammer Online. Even further into the future (talking 2006/7) is Star trek online.... Goodle them, they look quite interesting.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
CoH is an awesome game, loved it. Cant wait for City of Villains!!

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Why don't you give World of Warcraft a shot. Battlegrounds are coming out in Early June, they are on the test realm right now and let me just say the CTF is l33t. Alterac Valley is good to I guess but too much of a Zergfest.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
stumason, can you give a link to Middle Earth Online?

Is it a free online game? do you pay monthly fees, or do you have to buy the game?

Personally I think Guild Wars is a very good game, probably one of the best ones out there.

www.guildwars.com...

AO wasn't bad a few months back, the only problem with AO is that first, there is too much lag because they have a free version of it.

Second there is too much bickering between players from the Clans and Omni-Tek...

It is just a game people... some people just take the game too seriously.

[edit on 26-5-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I have a friend who it sounds like is going to get to beta test City of Villians. He bought City of Heroes about a week after it came out, and CoH is offering CoV beta testing to it's most ancient players, like him.

What server are you on? I'm thinking there may have to be an Above Top Secret supergroup formin'...

Middle Earth Online:
lotro.turbine.com...

[edit on 5-26-2005 by junglejake]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   

stumason, can you give a link to Middle Earth Online?

Happy to oblige you, friend:

Lord of the Rings Online

I would get you links for Warhammer and Star Trek too, but my work firewall is feeling particulary miserable today

Warhammer was canned due to financial restraints, but another Publisher has since picked it up and it is looking good!

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Has anyone played Horizons? I've tried it for about a month and probably the only thing I don't like about it is that in order for your dragon to go through his right of passage so he can fly he has to lvl 30 in adventuring (combat) and lvl 30 in crafting. Crafting, imo, really sucks a lot after a while.

hehe wow theres a dancing banana

[edit on 30-5-2005 by 9890]

top topics

join