It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allah sent giant spiders to help iraqi insurgency

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
now seems to be the season for them, not sure if it is or not but i have noticed a increase of baby camel spiders about!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

That dove was a soldier in the Mehdi Army.

Look at it's little ammo sash

SOOO CUUTE!!!!!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

SOOO CUUTE!!!!!

and you told me off for going off subject syrian sister
lol

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
"He unscrewed the lid and threw the spider out! the spider landed on it's feet (no surprise there) then turn to face us all and jumped right towards the person who had it in the jar"

I guess that camel had the arab fighting spirit !
I think it was right to jump your friend, after all, he tried to imprison it.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jayce

SOOO CUUTE!!!!!

and you told me off for going off subject syrian sister
lol

It's no so far off jayce, after all, we are talking about stories told by the resistance.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
lol you make me laugh syrian sister....... that was the only story i have told about the resistance and that the spiders bid for freedom nothing else......

I have heard many stories about these spiders and none of them are to nice.. the thread title is also amusing.... i guess they are just spiders doing spider things like surviving

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
In my introduction, If nothing else, i promiced to be entertaining on this forum.

" that the spiders bid for freedom nothing else.... doing what spiders do, surving"

That's a beuatiful thing,
and no one can blame them for that. Just like the iraqies bid for freedom and survival.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Here's an interview with Iraqi Sheik Mahdi Saleh Al-Sumide'i,who talks about the Giant Spiders.

Seems like they are different to the Camel Spider, they are huge and black. He seems to believe there is footage of them so start searching i guess. Be interesting to see something like this if it exsisted!

Iraqi Sheik Al-Sumide'i Tells of the Divine Spiders Sent by Allah to Assist the Muslims in the Battle of Falluja
www.memritv.org...

Sheik Sumide'i: "The first miracle that occurred in Falluja took the form of spiders that appeared in the city – each spider larger than this chair, or about the size of this chair. The American soldiers left, holding the legs of this spider, and I too, in one of the Friday sermons, held up a spider, with all its magnitude, in front of the satellite channels and in front of the world. This spider also had thin black hair. If this hair touches the human body, within a short period of time the body becomes black or blue, and then there is an explosion in the blood cells in the human body - and the person dies."

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
immaculate .
They story was that they where large and black.

yes, that was the article i read long ago. Apperantly some arab media took footage of the spiders.

There is another story, that says Legions of angels, came down to aide the resistance, just when it looked like they where going to lose the battle, and totally turned the tides for them.

There was a similar story during world war 2, the british swore that that angels came to their aide. But the strange thing is, the germans pow's from that battle, said that they saw the same thing!

Are these stories true, i cannot be certain
. But i will always hold that dove in my heart.

Perhaps, God does helps the righteous when they stand up and help themselves. Perhaps...
it's a thing to ponder.

[edit on 14-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Fallujah Saved by "Divine Intervention"
Residents say God sent spiders, ghost riders and other creatures to join their fight against American troops.
www.iwpr.net.../irq/irq_65_3_eng.txt

Logically, these are stories to give confidence and a sense of divine help to the people of Fallujah and Iraq because lets face it, they are being invaded by the worlds biggest army, you can't call them stupid or crazy because they want to believe their God is helping them in a one of the worst situations they've probably lived through. The Middle East in general is a highly religious place (of various religions) which uses imagery and divinity in their stories. The bible for one is the most obvious example, you can literally trace 'Angels' which started out as normal people in earlier texts.

This series of 'divine' help in Iraq is just another addition to folk-lore in a time when signs of divine help are needed and looked for by the people experiencing hard times. Good on them i say, what ever gets you through the night.

You'd find some people in America believing in some bizzare things if America's army was destroyed and there was a Chinese/Russian martial law in place, i mean what about the 'divine birth', 'world created in 7 days', 'Bush is good' etc, all staples in the Evengelical middle America which would balloon into all sorts of 'divine' intervention if America was invaded.

Just look at some of the things people buy in Ebay for an example of what faith will do to you when your desperate for a sign... thousands of dollars for Mary's image in a piece of toast or a potato chip for example!

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I will make this brief............

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
We have some pretty large tarantulas out here and I used to have a client, a teenage boy, who had one as a pet and, of course, to prove that I'm cool I had to play with him. Actually, the arachnid was really quite charming and pretty fun to play with, I have to admit.

[edit on 05/5/14 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Reaaally?...now the insurgents are getting help from the divine?... i guess it has nothing to do with the fact that people can domesticate all sorts of birds and animals....

BTW Syrian, noone needs to discredit this story....a dove with a sash?....so now doves are also able to make sashes?..... soon we will be seeing doves with turbans too huh..... they don't seem to be doing much good to the insurgents either...and manwhile more good iraqis, including children are dying from the insurgent attacks than coalition forces....as always...

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Thanks for doing the hard work and research.

And thanks for your wisdom and your humanity.

And to add to your history of miracles/forklore, look at Japan, the mongols tried to invade them but as they where traveling towards japan by boat, there was a huge storm and their fleet was sunk. Japan called it a "devine wind" (literally translated to kamikaze) . That's why in world war 2, they called the pilots kamikazies, they needed another devine wind to win them the war.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
"a dove with a sash?....so now doves are also able to make sashes?"

Noooo , heh that's silly
it didn't make the Sash, it was issued the Sash when it joined up in the Mehdi army.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
they witnessed the giant spiders, was in the First Siege at Fallujah.

They won that battle. The US retreated.

And all of you are saying the spiders didn't help :p , If the spiders where real. It seems like they did!

Anotherstory, angels sited during US civil war.

5. Anecdotes, Poetry and Incidents of the War: North and South 1860-1865 by Frank Moore p. 373, quoted in article ‘07 Strange ghost army seen in US Civil War’ found at www.sightings.com...

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Thats funny, and amazing looking, I saw thisa picture a few months back somewhere on the internet, they were claiming it talked on the site I saw it on.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
*sigh*

If only doves could speak... what would they say? What would they tell us... or perhaps it is past words.

i'm feeling rather poetic.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
"Ubeid said he had heard of white doves which hovered over Marine snipers and gave away their positions."

I guess that answers your question about how the dove fought.

the ghost riders/white robed horsemen in that link talks about, where the legions of angels that I was talking about.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   

"Ubeid said he had heard of white doves which hovered over Marine snipers and gave away their positions."

I guess that answers your question about how the dove fought.

the ghost riders/white robed horsemen in that link talks about, where the legions of angels that I was talking about.

you are pathetic syrian sister...it's terrible. who blow up bombs among iraqi people?? US soldiers?? no!!! these murders that you call "insurgents"

how many people did they killed this week 400?? or maybe 500???

who are they?? why are they syrians, iranians and palestinians?? suicide bombers are not iraqis.

how many people did they wound??? how many children did they killed "in the name of allah"???

in recent week 4 children in baghdad were killed because these children were talkin with US soldiers and US soldiers were giving them some chockolates etc...

some "insurgents" stated that it's very wrong that these children could think that US soldiers are not demons...so they thought "we have to prevent children from such contacts" and...and they killed them to tell the others " don't close to US soldiers because in other way we kill you"

resistance...resistance from syria which kill iraqi people...

I heard live relation from Bagdad yesterday - people hate these "resistance" - people from Bagdad want to live...they don't blow up bombs in their own city - one man said "it's enough = we gonna kill them - one word of ali sistani and we will kill all sunnis and all these "insurgents""

so don't say anything about peace.

go to hell - you and these murders...

I have no doubt - that US boys will sent all of them to the darkness of hell

and polish soldiers will help them as much as their can

[edit on 14-5-2005 by gattaca]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join