It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elite coverup. Atlantis found long time ago

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
Yes, I understand that. (I dont see the big deal to the earth if it only affects the compass though)

But if the earth actaully flipped on its axis 90 - 180 degrees, ...

that is what the bible and the other anceint texts are showing.
Is there a name for that (besides lunacy?)

Yes: fantasy

As for Phoenicians in S America. Even if true it proves only that, er, Phoenicians sailed to S America. Nowt to do with Atlantis

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Yes, I understand that. (I dont see the big deal to the earth if it only affects the compass though)

But if the earth actaully flipped on its axis 90 - 180 degrees, ...

that is what the bible and the other anceint texts are showing.
Is there a name for that (besides lunacy?)

"Not possible" pretty well covers it.

The planet acts like a huge gyroscope. Get a gyro spinning and now suddenly try to turn it 90 degrees or even 180 degrees. You'll find that the bigger the gyroscope is, the more difficult it is to turn. At some point it gets impossible to affect it.

The planet doesn't simply decide to wobble around. The spin that prodcues day and night turns it into a vast gyroscope.

Furthermore, if the Earth actually flipped, then the patterns that the ancients drew for constellations would RADICALLY change (not to mention that the momentum of the Earth would cause crustal breakup and turn the planet into a lifeless rock.) However, if you'll look at ancient astronomical sites and star maps, you'll discover that the winter solstice hasn't changed and niether have the star patterns in the night sky.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
forgive my ignorance, how did plato know of SA ?

Why would the world leaders lose power if it was discovered ?

To be truthful, a lot of people knew of North America and South America long before we think they did, the Africans used to go to South America and trade - I have a book (I'll find it tomorrow) that actually says an African boat was found in South America. North America was visited by the Vikings, list goes on. It's quiet possible people from the China/Japan area could have easily sailed to America as well. There's been rumours hinted at it.

The Ancients were a lot smarter then we give credit, they knew the world was round and that we went around the sun. How did they know any of that?

As for South America, Plato probably got it from stories passed down by other people over time. All it takes is that one odd sailor, to find something. -shrugs-

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
picture your gyro if it became unbalanced in mid spin. It would 'recenter' its axis. Perhaps the very reason for the earths wobble is this shift.

You mention the ancents and all of their star/sun/moon observing.

Maybe the very reason this became so important is because it changed.
I cant believe that the ancients were so dumb that they didnt notice the year wasnt 360 days. Yet most of their calendars were made 360 days.
Later they all found ways to make up the extra 5.

Whatever caused the flip also caused a 5 day longer orbit. A large body passing in space that totally screwed up the earths orbit.

You say nothing could survive but that is something that numbers cant show us.
I'll never be able to prove any of it. There isnt much in this section of the site that can be proved. But if everyone plays devils advocate for a bit, we can fill in alot of the gaps.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Whereas it is true that the land massesd move relitive to eachother, it is by fractions of an inch per year-hardly watchable.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   

If people KNEW that God was real...then how much would this gay marriage thing be affectiing us today?
The world would be a religion. Everyone under one religion.
No more wars over religion.

Think about all the crap on TV. How much would be on there?
Abortion? I dont think so. Except for the die hard God haters, people wouldnt allow that stuff.

What you're saying is "What if the God they talk about in Christian churches is real".

"God" can mean an infinite number of different things to different people, so there's no reason to believe that even if God was real, it would have the same values as you think it does, as interpreted from the Bible.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

This this thread is about a conspiracy about Atlantis, I don't think the bible mentions Atlantis, and the bible account of the flood is its adopted one in th Hebrew myth.

It's not mentioned in so many words, but in the very first verses of the bible, we are told that the world 'became' (not was, but became from a different state of being) desolate and ruin (translated 'without form and void')

There are many references to an age before the present one and to one following. In the NT, when it says the 'end of the world' it should more correctly read 'the end of the age', because the word is 'aion' which means age. I just started another thread on the three different actual meanings behind the word 'world' in the NT, so I won't go into that. Off topic.

BUT
My research into all manner of things keeps pointing to a hidden truth, much like Jake is speaking of, and if I had some links that just summed up my own findings from much, much research, I would post them. But the thing is, I don't take anyone's word for it or consider any website or encyclopedia the ultimate source. I find there is truth in all things mixed up with a whole lot of misconceptions, self-deceptions, and other sundry delusions. While I can't exclude myself from being guilty of same, the way I figure it, at least it's my own ideas leading me astray rather than another person's--and I trust I will be corrected if I am on the wrong track by He whom I believe in for all things.

But I keep finding more and more evidence to the effect that there was an age before this one, destroyed around 10,000 to 13,000 years ago--when ice caps melted and the world flooded. I also believe in the story of Noah, BUT I really don't know when because there are floods from time to time in history, and I believe regularly spaced--about every 13,000 years. And that bears up with the understanding we have of the solar system's travel around the galactic center, which takes 52,000 years to complete. That's the number of weeks in a year, and with 13 weeks in each of our seasons, there seems to be a significant change in the earth's surface geology every 13,000 years, mainly related to a relatively sudden rearrangement of the frozen fresh water reserves, which at this time are 75% frozen at the poles (but beginning to melt faster and faster--and the time frame fits!)

In regards to Pangea, if you look at a map of the world, both land masses and sea beds, you can see how the continents used to fit. In the sea beds are interesting formations that, in some places, resemble striations (stretchmarks) and in others seem to have been stretched and then let to go back. I'm no geologist, so pardon my unlearned terminology. The mid-atlantic ridge is riddled with fault lines, and it seems that 'new earth' is formed there, at the lowest area of the crust, in the form of igneous deposits from volcanic activity underground. What I'm trying to get across is that is seems that the world 'grows' in one certain area, and then from there the crust expands, and so naturally at the edges of the continental plates, some 'old earth' is given back into the lava circulatory system that feeds our volcanic plumes (or whatever :roll

I don't think Pangea existed only 6000 years ago, but certainly it did at one time, and the mechanisms of moving apart are as I described above--taking many 'seasons' (13,000 year periods), and helped along by the periodic worldwide flooding that in some places depressed the crust under the weight of the water with compensation in other areas occuring by the mountains and ridges forming. When there was Pangea, I feel it must have been not mountainous, but more level and only hilly in some areas, if at all. As well the sea must have been much shallower and more evenly distributed in it's depths. And so with each successive melt/flood restructuring of the surface geology, there were places that stayed dry due to elevation growth, and the low places became where the seas have been established.

While I do fully place my faith in my creator, and therefore am what might be called a 'creationist' I am not one to try to make geologic evidences and other means of observation bend and fit to my pre-formed strigent beliefs. I really have none, except that God is real and He created everything. As to when, and how, and whatever else--it's not crucial to my belief in Him that I prove His methods to myself or others. But I do find it extremely interesting, and since my mind is not narrowly walled by beliefs which must be defined due to their hidden uncertainty, I can discover what I discover, and not worry about it all fitting every time a new piece of the puzzle is happened upon. And in these most recent years, I am finding that there are astounding truths and connections between all of 'known' history and 'hidden' mysteries of the past.

Just because the bible shows the current race's chronology as around 6000 years by no means indicates we are to assume that is the entire history of the world. And careful examination of the original Hebrew text (or at least what is available), of both Genesis and other OT books, reveals that the heavens and earth were created (at some time in the past during an unspecified time period)--but that something caused a destruction and the world was left pretty much 'empty'. After than, God repaired it into a livable and inhabited place again--something that was 'light work' for Him, and evidently didn't take any longer than a week.

I think it is arrogant for mankind to assume that there was nothing of any importance before now--that Genesis is the start of existence for everything that ever was --and basically means there is no future past our own. As well, how does that mesh with the idea of 'eternity' anyway, because 'eternity' includes both before and after right now, in an unlimited stretch. But the bible tells us differently, and many diverse areas of science also show a different reality--one that says the present age we live in is not the first and won't be last. What's given to us in the bible was evidently all we could either understand or needed to know at the time, and as time progresses, there is more and more revealed that was once hidden.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
pls.......tell me the history of babel,from the rising to fall down..........tnx and GOD bles

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
dude.....i have an uncle in the kkk, and he is almost most definitely not a lizard.........wow

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
What if Atlantis is not on the earth itself but in space?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Got to make this short, ran out of Advil and feeling a "Hum-dinger" com'in on after this read.

And by the way , "WTF! God is a belief system, not a long lost continent that people could have not possibly existed on."

all I can say is "WOW,WOW, WOW!!"

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yes Plato did first hear the story of Atlantis from Solon (an egyptian priest), but some of the Egyptians believed Atlantis was actually another planet orbiting close to us, and was destroyed long ago. This is where the Egyptians believed the gods of their religion came from. They believed they came from the heavens and thus from the planet to avoid the destruction. This also spurred the belief of the Annunaki and the Nephilim that came from "the heavens" or "another planet that used to pass very close to our planet. This is at least what i have read and studied from the internet. But in my opinion the possibility of another planet very close to us could be very real. The destruction of the Atlantean planet could of contributed to the creation of the astroid belt that orbits our sun. Thats just something for yall to think about.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jake1997

hello jake1997.. 1997...was that your birthdate? just curious...

please check www.abovetopsecret.com...

that thread has been stickied for almost 3 years, it has links to some of the major threads about atlantis and it even has some....science!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jake1997

Thankyou for a great thread. I feel the answer could possibly be found in Peru. There is a thread that you may find interesting, although the rabbit hole could get far deeper than you may wish to go :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In my opinion you have made good argument, but do allow yourself to still think outside the box. I say this as i do not dispute what you are saying about the bible verses. I agree they do describe what you imply. But also consider that is one mans account of what he saw and what he thought he saw. If you are saying this happened around 5-6000 years ago, and Atlantis, a great civilization spanning Aeons, then would that kill the bible's theory that the world is only around 6000 years old - or is that then changing it to the age of the New World?? Consider also who foretold him of the event. What if the someone who appears to use magik but is actually using science . Just because there is something you cannot explain, it does not mean it cannot be explained. To the uninformed, knowledge makes people. Please dont take this negatively, it was meant constructively. I think it is a wonderful thread, starred and flagged.

I found a quote for you .

"If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts" Albert Einstein.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Now, Now, what i have read about from the first post..the OP makes c;laims that "Atlantis" was already found and its existence is kept hidden. Forget the faster plate tectonics crap, forget everything,....Let the OP back his claims with proof???

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What i think is funny is that this man may be on to something. think about how much that we dont know how much our governments dont tell us. is it so had to believe that atlantis is really out there and that it has been found. instead of being weary inbrace the thought how cool would it be if shes been found than all those years of wanting to know and not would so pay off. we could see the worlds most intresting past come to life and why not. i personally would love to go a hunt for this lost city. does it exist for sure there is no doubt in my mind. will it be offically found so that the world will probably not. mostly because the atlantians were so far advanced that the government would soak up as much knowledge from what is found there that it isnt funny. come on people broaden your minds and realize that somewhere out there atlantis exits or existed what a shame huh

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Davood

Davood,

You are addressing a post made almost 4 years ago.

I didn't check, but I was around when we made the Atlantis sticky thread and it seems like less than four years ago to me.

Harte

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

It also seems the Mr. Jake was banned a number of years ago.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
IF Alantis is real how did many religons like japan know about if there on the other side of the globe please explain correctlt
ii

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
in all fairness, why are people claiming to know where atlantis is, when it sank! plus there are only 2 Sources, Greek and Egyption, keeping in mind this was before all other counties inlcuding england, and some parts of africa were even found!!
Obviously they were inhabited but still they were not part of a recognised map.
Which limits Atlantis to areas OF or Around Europe as, Plato also shares with us that an Egypt emmisary traveled to Atlantis and returned to Egypt with technology. Boats were obviously used but during those days, they could not travel long distances.
Why dont you consider looking at pangaea and seeing where a peice of land fits (Atlantis). I mean, Notice how the South is all joined, no pieces missing, makes a semicircle, so to speak! The East and North West, do not, there are two Major pieces missing. SPECIALY the east!! hmmm, indicating there are land masses missing, now look where the Surrounding Countries move after the Break up point, this will indicate where the missing Land mass ( if any ) went.
My favorite Theroy is, During the break up
( Look at the anitmation )
Animation

U will notice that Africa splits in 2, during the suposed time of Atlantis, It is west of Egypt, which Plato states, and close to America, Stated also, and then remerges.
Alternitivly, The East of America, Slightly west of where is is today was separate, many thought Atlantis was the remains of England.

I know these therios do not explain the flood or anything, but no one has the realy answer, if we did, then Atlantis would be found, im simply putting across an idea!

Maybee Atlantis never existed ( Plato used it as a Metaphore), Maybee it did. ( It was a true Story )

I like to think it did. Gives us hope and something to aspire into believing and having faith!

Or maybee it is still there waiting benieth the bottom of the Ocean floor. Maybee we have to look beyond technology, and finally explore under the ocean floor to find it.

And finally in all fairness before Europe was even poplation, Atlantis discoverd Flight without emissions, travel without engines or Fuel. and even postponing death, Plato describes Eldes living up to 1000 years old, and Masters to up to 10,000 years old.
If Atlantis can do this, I would like to believe that they did not all die in the Flood. They somehow survived, and are waiting beyond what we see in the Sea. Perhaps there is a hole in the ocen and when we go though it we will find it.
One thing is for certain, Sonar, waves, and satalites have not found Atlantis yet. And they never will!
Thanks
MB

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join