It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update on Handcuffing of 5 Year old with Videos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
For those of you who may have read and commented on a recent story posted on ATS News,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(note above thread now closed)

I thought you might be interested in viewing the new videos that have been released of the incident in question.

www.sptimesphotos.com...

The above is in the Classroom the one below was taken in the Office when police arrived.

www.sptimesphotos.com...

Listen closely to what the cop says while handcuffing the child. He had warned her in front of her mother that the next time she was going to get handcuffed, which proves this was not one isolated incident.

Current link to the site that carries this Updated story that also has links to the videos.

ST. PETERSBURG - Videotape was rolling March 14 when the 5-year-old girl swung again and again, her bantam punches landing on the outstretched palms of Nicole Dibenedetto, the new assistant principal at Fairmount Park Elementary.

She tore papers off Dibenedetto's bulletin board and desk. She climbed on a table four times. About an hour had passed since she refused to participate in a kindergarten math lesson, which escalated into a series of defiant and destructive acts.

Dibenedetto had used tactics from a Pinellas school district training called Crisis Prevention Intervention:

www.sptimes.com...

Their current pole results were

Bad behavior results
Do you think it is ever appropriate for police to handcuff a small child? Yes.

10851 votes - 56%

No. 8375 votes - 44%
Total: 19226 votes which is hardly a random sampling.

After viewing the two videos I know darned well they acted in the right manner, the kid was clearly out of control and no matter what anyone did her reaction was to tear things up and throw them around and then she endangered herself by climbing on the table repeatedly.

She got what she deserved

[edit on 4/26/2005 by shots]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Does anyone here actually believe that handcuffing this 5 year old will make her stop causing trouble? I don´t. My guess is that the parents are to blame, in one way or another.

...and no, I dont mean they should handcuff her parents
. The family might need external help to get on track.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Handcuffing doesn't hurt. Its not abusive. It may make her think twice next time.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
They had an answer for children acting like that when I went to school and it wasnt being handcuffed. If teachers were allowed to control the classroom this would not have happened. She should have had her little butt busted and sent home and her parents told, but then I guess the school would have been sued for "abusing" the kid.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The me this is one of the signs of a civilisation that is beginning to fall into pieces. The system doesn't work anymore. People are wary because other people are greedy and are itchy to sue others, without taking responsibility for their own actions. In this case it's the school that is wary and the parents that are itchy to sue. If the school disciplined the child themselves, the parents would've sued anyway.

Very sad. This is just one of the millions of examples that show that the current society and civilisation that we live in, simply don't work.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think its sad that they had to hand cuff the little girl. Looking at her actions tells me that they should in my personel opinion , handcuff the girl to her parents until she swears not to do this in class anymore , until she does that then be placed back into the classroom. By handcuffing the little girl to the parents make them responcible for her . Many blessings..

[edit on 4/26/2005 by zman]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Dawnaj NO it is not the parents who are to blame for this.

Know how I know? Well I'll tell you how I know. I have seen that very same thing happen with another child. This child was normal up until his first year of school. He was a happy shy little boy. He always helped his mother. He never messed things up. Always did what was asked of him. Then school started. The teachers said he would not stay in his seat. He asked to many questions. They told the mother to take this boy to the doctor. So the mother being a loving and caring person did take her child to the doctor. The doctor said he had ADD. So now this child is on ritalin aka speed, meth and any other street name for speed you can think of.

Well the speed only made things worse. Now he never sits in his set. Now he acts just like that little girl. He is not a happy shy boy anymore. He now has real bad mood swings. So the mother went to another doctor. This doctor gave a differant diagnosis. This doctor said this boy was biopolar, and may have been brought on by the miss diagnosis of ADD and the use of ritalin.

This is a WARNING to all parents with children on Ritalin. It is posion. It can damage your child. Why do you think methanfedimine is illegal? It drives the user insane.

O.K I am done with my little rant for now. I am sure I will be back.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
They had an answer for children acting like that when I went to school and it wasnt being handcuffed. If teachers were allowed to control the classroom this would not have happened. She should have had her little butt busted and sent home and her parents told, but then I guess the school would have been sued for "abusing" the kid.

Yeah, I remember those days well and in most cases discipline from a teacher worked. A good spanking never hurt anyone it taught them a lesson. No I am not advocating any beatings, I am talking a good swatt on the butt one or two times just enough to sting.

I think we can thank the likes of the ACLU and similar organizations who claim they want to protect our rights when in fact they are out to destroy our constitution and our nation. I say it is time the supreme court reviewed some of bad decisions they made and reverse them.

First they have to allow parents to spank kids when needed, no more of these new so called time out methods that do not work.

Another example would be to allow sitting a student in a corner with a dunce hat as in the old days and yes even the use of a ruler or stern hand by the teacher (when used properly). Again I am not advocating beatings here, just plain old fashioned down home discipline.

No gurantees that it will change everything in a minute, but given time kids would learn that they can and will be punished when they do something wrong.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sistinas
The doctor said he had ADD. So now this child is on ritalin aka speed, meth and any other street name for speed you can think of.

If that is the case the parent should have sued the doctor for malpractice since he/she did diagnose the child right.

That is one of the biggest problems we face all the doctors want to do is give you a pill and bill.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
hey..this kid was swinging at the principle, tearing stuff off the walls and in general acting like an animal..and why? NO RESPECT FOR AUTHORITY. Typical ghetto garbage. "You cant tell ME what to do" This girls mom is probably20 years old herself.

If the situation called for the cops then they need to do whats neccesary. But of course, now the moms gonna sue. Someone should take her kids away. It amazes me that in a country where you need a license to fish or hunt or even drive a car, that any idiot can reproduce and we cant do a thing about it. They should have to take a test or something.

Personally, I think the little brat needs kiddie boot camp, and mom needs to shut her mouth and be embarassed about her kids, instead of offended. Again, typical ghetto garbage. Thats why its a slum and noone wants to live there. It aint "whitey". And it aint racism. Its about trash staying with trash.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by Amuk

Yeah, I remember those days well and in most cases discipline from a teacher worked. A good spanking never hurt anyone it taught them a lesson. No I am not advocating any beatings, I am talking a good swatt on the butt one or two times just enough to sting.

I think we can thank the likes of the ACLU and similar organizations who claim they want to protect our rights when in fact they are out to destroy our constitution and our nation. I say it is time the supreme court reviewed some of bad decisions they made and reverse them.

First they have to allow parents to spank kids when needed, no more of these new so called time out methods that do not work.

Another example would be to allow sitting a student in a corner with a dunce hat as in the old days and yes even the use of a ruler or stern hand by the teacher (when used properly). Again I am not advocating beatings here, just plain old fashioned down home discipline.

No gurantees that it will change everything in a minute, but given time kids would learn that they can and will be punished when they do something wrong.

Hey! I too am not for beating the kids...I think the parents are mostly responsible for the education of their kids but sometimes, a bad teacher is always possible and I also agree that these days, they give ritalin too easily instead of having the kid make more sports or activities. Tho, I remember as a kid, I've been disciplined by my parents...They weren't beating me...just making me understand that something was wrong...How do you think animals educate their kids in the world, when baby wolf make something bad, mother wolf bite him a little...It happens all the time...We need to educate both the mind and the body.. they are intimately connected...Just like the Pavlov dog which started to be hungry by hearing a bell, a little disciplined can make the mind remember something is bad because of the little pain you felt...It's how it works in the animal kingdom and we are a part of it!! Teachers are so scared of being sued these days that their hands are tied...They can't do a thing to educate our kids...

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This is not a bad teacher. Watch the video. If it was me, I would have gotten fired and sued. That teacher did nothing but be patient and nice. The teachers arent afraid to get sued. Its the school board that makes the RULES THAT THE TEACHERS MUST FOLLOW. I guess, the kids dont though.

Teachers should still be allowed to spank kids. If this girl got her rear end paddled in front of all the students and was made to stand in the corner, she'd probably think twice next time, and it never would have gotten that far..but hey..We can abuse the kids. We CAN disrupt the whole class, call the cops away from other worth while calls and waste a whole lot of time and money, but just dont spank the helpless little babes. What a bunch of BS. The kid needs beaten and so does the mom for sueing them now.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

But of course, now the moms gonna sue. Someone should take her kids away

Im not sure about that! I know when I was little I had my little fits (never hit a teacher though) and I got sent to the gym along with a teacher to witness the paddeling. Yup, Gym coach had a looooong wood paddle. We had to sign it if it ws used on us........two swipes with that and you will think twice next time. I probably signed that about 3 times (not for the same acts though) Heck even my dad's signature was on it
from back in the day.

Taking away the child for that is just wrong if it was just a couple hissy fits. Maybe the child does have like Triple Quad-drouple ADD times twenty and needs help. The perents are at fault, but taking the kids away is not the solution, they need help...if that fails then take em away.

Anyways, im all for a good spanking in school...thats where it starts...in kindegarden. and they WILL remember it!!!

[edit on 26/4/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
This is not a bad teacher. Watch the video. If it was me, I would have gotten fired and sued. That teacher did nothing but be patient and nice. The teachers arent afraid to get sued. Its the school board that makes the RULES THAT THE TEACHERS MUST FOLLOW. I guess, the kids dont though.

Teachers should still be allowed to spank kids. If this girl got her rear end paddled in front of all the students and was made to stand in the corner, she'd probably think twice next time, and it never would have gotten that far..but hey..We can abuse the kids. We CAN disrupt the whole class, call the cops away from other worth while calls and waste a whole lot of time and money, but just dont spank the helpless little babes. What a bunch of BS. The kid needs beaten and so does the mom for sueing them now.

I never said she was a bad teacher...I said that yes, sometimes, there can be bad teachers and because of that, kids don't want to listen to them...But that teacher seemed to do a good job...except that like I said in my last sentence, her hands were tied...because of the law, she couldn't do anything...So i agree with you on the fact that maybe, there should be some possibilities to discipline the kid as long as it doesn't become beating...I don't agree with you tho on your racist comment about the fact that the kid is black...I've seen the same thing happen with white kids so, that comment was out of place here and can only help to bring more conflicts and problems in our world.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

Taking away the child for that is just wrong if it was just a couple hissy fits. Maybe the child does have like Triple Quad-drouple ADD times twenty and needs help. The perents are at fault, but taking the kids away is not the solution, they need help...if that fails then take em away.

Anyways, im all for a good spanking in school...thats where it starts...in kindegarden. and they WILL remember it!!!

[edit on 26/4/2005 by SportyMB]

Hell, it SHOULD have started at home. Its not the schools job to teach the kids respect. That starts at home. The school is there to enhance that. But if everything the school does is tossed out the window when the kid gets home, then its all for nothing. The blame for this little brat lays squarley with the parent (s). Thats all right. Wait another 10 or 12 years and the kid will locked for something that is again, "not her fault", because she was a poor underprivilged child...boohoo. This is how criminals start out.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Hell, it SHOULD have started at home. Its not the schools job to teach the kids respect. That starts at home. The school is there to enhance that. But if everything the school does is tossed out the window when the kid gets home, then its all for nothing. The blame for this little brat lays squarley with the parent (s). Thats all right. Wait another 10 or 12 years and the kid will locked for something that is again, "not her fault", because she was a poor underprivilged child...boohoo. This is how criminals start out.

I agree, Im just saying this single act is not worthy of the child being taken from the parents.....now if it's a repeat offender, like 3 times and the parents are still defending thier childs actions...then yeah something is definately wrong at home and the parents are not oblivious to it...they just don't give a Fudge and therefore are not worthy of parenting until P-skills improve.

Taking away kids is a serious thing, first they need to look into it more before doing such things. Im all for it, but the system needs to make sure its the right move before they do it.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Just what we needed--another thread that would enable Spliff to spout his racist garbage.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kazi
Just what we needed--another thread that would enable Spliff to spout his racist garbage.

Yup..again Im the racist. Nevermind the kid or the mom...just the guy whos sickened by it. Not one reference to color made by me.

Sporty..i know what your saying..no problem..I wasnt disagreeing with ya. Im just made sick by this kid and even sicker by his mother. And EVEN SICKER by people(kazi) that think Im racist. Poor little kid. Big mean teacher and cops. Racist me. Oh well....Igorance abounds!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Yup..again Im the racist. Nevermind the kid or the mom...just the guy whos sickened by it. Not one reference to color made by me.

Sporty..i know what your saying..no problem..I wasnt disagreeing with ya. Im just made sick by this kid and even sicker by his mother. And EVEN SICKER by people(kazi) that think Im racist. Poor little kid. Big mean teacher and cops. Racist me. Oh well....Ignorance abounds!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It's not racsim, It's the truth.

Look at the original post Spliff made, Do you see a specific race in there? either by words or intended meanings?

I don't, If you do then you should reevaluate what's is truly on your mind and what you want to see.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join