It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR:Copter crash survivor executed by insurgents on video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
A helicopter full of heavily armed security guys is IMHO a legitimate military target, whether I like it or not.

Telling a wounded guy with a broken leg to run away, then shooting him in the back, is totally despicable though.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It may be a legitimate target becasue there are armed men on board? They are there as a security detail for many of the other contracted workers, and bineg armed or ex military should not justify what was done.

We took psi-op pics of prisoners to break their will, no one died, and the American populaus has not heard the end of it. Have we hung Iraqis alive and burned them? Have we hung their dead bodies in the streets a warning that we are not screwing around? have we played with them and video taped and coldly murdered them execution style?

No, but we, the US, are the bad guy. ain't life a mother fuc#$

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Once again this is the News forum please do NOT circumvent the censors.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Having seen the vid, the scum that killed the pilot did so without any reason, he was no threat, he was not armed, infact could barely walk and they shot him in cold blood. These are not freedom fighters, they are cold blooded killers.

He could have been an aid worker for all they knew, he was not in uniform.. fact is, they saw a white man and acted upon it.

If I hear Allah Ahkbar one more time, I reckon I am gonna

Truley tragic.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If civilian helicopters are legitimate targets, i say mosques in the United States are legitimate targets. Be warned that if murder of innocent people like this continues, people's patience for radical islam is going to hit zero and they will be attacked here in the U.S.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone
If civilian helicopters are legitimate targets, i say mosques in the United States are legitimate targets. Be warned that if murder of innocent people like this continues, people's patience for radical islam is going to hit zero and they will be attacked here in the U.S.

What? They haven't already? Here in Canada shortly after 911 a Hindu mosque was torched. What's the problem with that? HINDU, not Muslim. Ignorance personified. I'm not glorifying anything here, nor condoning anything but it seems like these people that would exact retribution not only have the wrong idea, they also have bad aim.

This is NOT a good idea.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Intrepid, that story kinda reminds me of a Paediactrician being beaten up and home bombarded by thugs because they didn't know the difference between a paediatrician and a paedophile. Justafiable goal in my opinion in both cases but as you said, against the wrong target due to blind rage and ignorance.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

If civilian helicopters are legitimate targets, i say mosques in the United States are legitimate targets.

Err, how so?

One is a helicopter filled with Blackwater security troops playing a direct role in the occupation.

The other is a bunch of innocent civilians at a place of worship.

One is a military target, the other is not.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The guys that shot down the helo and murdered the pilot, were and are Brigands, criminal thugs and should be found, tried and punished according to Iraqi law. If that means that after their trials they are lined up and shot during intermission at a local soccer game, So Be It.
To call these guys soldiers,(the Iraqi's), is to lend them legitmacy that they do not rate. I know soldiers and these people are not soldiers.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I wonder if the helicopter pilot would prefer Americans standing up for HIM or his KILLERS, eh? You can be anti-war and anti-USA without being pro-helicopter-pilot-killer.

Zip

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I don't care what side someone is on. If you shoot a wounded guy in the back trying to escape you are a coward. God's way is to turn the other cheek and to not seek revenge. Obviously these guys are fools and cowards if they believe they are doing God's work.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   

You can be anti-war and anti-USA without being pro-helicopter-pilot-killer.

Get real, admitting that it was a military target is not the same thing as endorsing the attack, and you know it. Are you so dedicated to doublethink that you can't see the difference?

Second of all, thinking the Iraq war was a dumb idea does not make one "anti-USA." Considering that somewhere around 50% of the USA agrees, that means half the USA must be "anti-USA" I suppose? I must hate Americans, excuse me while I go whack myself in the head with a bat...

[edit on 22-4-2005 by xmotex]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

You can be anti-war and anti-USA without being pro-helicopter-pilot-killer.

Get real, admitting that it was a military target is not the same thing as endorsing the attack, and you know it. Are you so dedicated to doublethink that you can't see the difference?

Second of all, thinking the Iraq war was a dumb idea does not make one "anti-USA." Considering that somewhere around 50% of the USA agrees, that means half the USA must be "anti-USA" I suppose? I must hate Americans, excuse me while I go whack myself in the head with a bat...

I wasn't calling anyone anti-American. Nor did I say that being against the war makes somebody anti-USA. I meant that an enemy combatant can be against the USA but doesn't have to kill a wounded civilian to prove it.

kazi said:
I know that plenty of you still find ways to justify our behavior and villify everything anti-American, but were not clean, in this.

It's war if we do the killing, but not if they shoot down a helicopter transporting warriers.

Get over it--were just as ugly as the opposition, and we started the fight, even though you still believe Bush's propaganda about 9/11 and WMD.

A case could be made for us being "just as ugly as the opposition," sure. We can make comparisons all day long about Abu-Ghraib versus wounded helicopter pilot killing and public executions of old ladies.

You mention justification of murder - let's talk about that. In this case,

• Is the act of murder justifiable in the murderer's mind?
  • Is the act of murder justifiable to third parties, such as the killer's mother or the deceased's mother?
  • Is the act of murder actually justifiable in some sort of moral average?

I think this guy is 1 for 3.

Don't forget that "wartime" brings the opportunity to kill people to latent homocidal maniacs. That goes for both sides and their leaders. I think it's harder to justify torturous killing, such as making a man with a broken leg hobble on it before shooting him.

As for question two, maybe the mothers of these killers have deluded themselves into being proud of their sons because they are fulfilling the will of their God, who knows, but I think that kind of thinking is crazy and dangerous and completely counter-productive to bringing mankind into the cohesive and peaceful togetherness that I believe we deserve after all of these years of war and madness.

Zip

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Zip--again your comments make no sense. Maybe it's your fury about this whole subject and maybe you just don't have a fluid train of thought, but your two points at the end of your diatribe are nonsensicle. re-read them.

My point is and has been that we are just as guilty off tourtue and killing innocents as they are, and I have been against this war from the start. I hope if nothing else comes from this, at least pilots flying commercial helicopters that are full of people with guns, will refuse to fly without military cover.

Hey, waris hell and we shouldn't be there fighting one.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

One is a helicopter filled with Blackwater security troops playing a direct role in the occupation.

1. Where did you get they were heavly armed (as you said earlier)?

2. You do realize it was bodyguards on that copter right? Any role they're playing would be protecting the people who are trying to bring peace.

Yet they're a legit military target because they had guns on them??

I honestly don't understand your logic....

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

A helicopter full of heavily armed security guys is IMHO a legitimate military target, whether I like it or not.

only 3 from fiji were armed, the 8 others were security contractors and 2 civil avaition pilots, ALL CIVILIANS working for CIVILIAN companies who have nothing to do with any military or military actions, it was not a legitimate target.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Six of the personnel were from Blackwater Security. Googgle it, it was reported.

I'll give all you naive posters, this--It wasn't right. Now having said that, what makes you think one side can committ a few atrocities and the other side should also commit, just a few. Once you start a war, it gets ugly and all the whinning in the world isnt going to change it. So for those of you that think you have the market cornered on patriotism because you can overlook the bad deeds of the US, I say--grow-up.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Kazi....
In all those alleged atrocities committed by the US and the Coalition, when was the last time that you read that they helped a injured '"insurgent" up, knocked the dirt off his uniform, patted him on the back, and then set him free only to shot him in the back and when down, keep shooting him--all the while video taping it then releasing the video tape to the public?

Your comparing apples and oranges to justify what you are trying to say.

seekerof

[edit on 24-4-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

The American behavior of Abu Garib and the supposedly mercy killing in the Fallujah Temple leave us open for this kind of retaliation. I know that plenty of you still find ways to justify our behavior and villify everything anti-American, but were not clean, in this.

and ignorant rhetoric such as this is why the continued violence is growing. There is war, and there is sensless murder. If you have a weapon, or are close to a waepon in a heated battle, you are fair game. I will not attmept to justify a Marine shooting an injured Iraqi soldier, but I sure as hell will protest the cold-blooded execution of a pilot, no matter the country he is from. This was not a US warhips these cowards shot down either. I would like to see them toe to toe with an Apache.

So to you, it would be ok to blow crap out of a school full of children because one or two terrorists where hiding in it?
And FYI these people where Mercs not civilians, its hard to pity somebody when the sole reason they are fighting is for money.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
It may be a legitimate target becasue there are armed men on board? They are there as a security detail for many of the other contracted workers, and bineg armed or ex military should not justify what was done.

We took psi-op pics of prisoners to break their will, no one died, and the American populaus has not heard the end of it. Have we hung Iraqis alive and burned them? Have we hung their dead bodies in the streets a warning that we are not screwing around? have we played with them and video taped and coldly murdered them execution style?

No, but we, the US, are the bad guy. ain't life a mother fuc#$

Well You have hung dead iraqis off your tanks to use stop resistance fighters attacking, Blown up weddings, Thrown bodies into Rivers and left others to be eaten by dogs And then you tortured a a few while taking photos of them in sexual positions and hanging off fork lift trucks...

So i suppose if you do as most other blind patriotic americans do and seem to forgot these terrorist acts, i suppose yes you are the good guy who is unfairly being picked on...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join