It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Suspends Israel from JSF Project.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I am sure any country do not can develop some technique of aviation so fast just from a model which especially, is a blurry picture. On the other hand, although the air-intake which under the J-10 do not very similar from MiG-33, but consult from Miko's design maybe, yet which also is far different from Lavi, but as a whole design of J-10 is from Lavi obviously.
For JF-17 which developed from Super-7 is complete unrelative with J-10.
The fouth JF-17's first flying was be postponed till next year since the air-intake's shape need some modefication which datum was from Israel.
I do can't understand why Israel always take some advanced techniques which was from U.S. to China which as a potential enemy, but U.S. still looks Israel as an ally.

external image

Edit: image/photo resized.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Stealth Spy

use the right words. china didn't copy the LAVI they used tech from the LAVI.

i bet the LCA india has is from someone other design..

external image

french mirage 2000 (its the on closet to screen)
external image

STEALTH SPY if you want to disscuse the j-10 LAVI thing i would be more than happy to, over at the J-10 thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

if you read those post all your accusations have been reburked

INDIA ALSO HAS HARPYS

EDIT: IMAGE TROUBLE

Edit: resized one image

[edit on 16-5-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
INDIA ALSO HAS HARPYS

Sure it does, and many more Israeli UAV's too. And the US has no problem with it too (Unlike in China's case).

Israel also sold the PHALCON AWACS to india, with American consent while the sale of the PHALCON to China was blocked by the US.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
i bet the LCA india has is from someone other design..

That is a pic of a mirage of the same colour of the LCA and is dark and unclear.

Take a good look at the Mirage .

All that the LCA shares with the mirage is that both are single engined delta winged aircrafts.

Take a look :

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile
I am sure any country do not can develop some technique of aviation so fast just from a model which especially, is a blurry picture.

The Mig-33 design was sold to China. Its not just a case of China developing a plane by looking at a soviet model.

The airframe is derrived from a Mig-21. It's engine is a Russian RD-93.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

Sure it does, and many more Israeli UAV's too. And the US has no problem with it too (Unlike in China's case).

Israel also sold the PHALCON AWACS to india, with American consent while the sale of the PHALCON to China was blocked by the US.

Yeah because india not a threat..

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
well when you post a picture of a mirage get one that is on the same angle

Yeah i could do some photshop on those pictures to.. give me where you got those from. how come the mirage 2000 is so squahed??? isn't the LCA ment to be smaller??

you can admit it india borrowed design from mirage.. you have no trouble saying that about china...let it out go cry

wheres link to mig-33 help???
mig-33 is improved mig-29 .. you mean mig-35
i heard the people on the mig-35 projected helped with the aerodynamic design??

china might have brought the plans(uncomfirmed) but the mig-35 was just a concept not a formal design

what enigine is LCA gonna use ?? american.
that piece of crap indian one failed a test and still underpowered

[edit on 16-5-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waynos
I never cease to be amazed how many people supposedly 'into' aircraft completely fail to distinguish between completely different types just because there is a superficial similarity that wouldn't fool a 10 year old with only a modest interest in the subject.

LCA looks like a Mirage? Yeah, and that Concorde is just a stretched Vulcan!!!

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Lets not get this thread locked as well.

That pic of the mirage is unedited and from www.airforce-technology.com...

Link on the FC-1 being an Mig-33(or 35 as you think) concept development : www.fas.org...

Only 20 LCA's will use the F-117's engine. The rest will use the Kaveri, which has alredy completed 150+ hours of testing and will be inducted in 2009.

Besides the Kaveri will put out the same amount of power as the american GE-404 engine.

Besides, China have'nt developed a single aircraft engine. The J-10's engine is ripped off from a Su-27 and the FC-1's from a Mig-29.
I've heard of some WB-10 or something like that but that must be like 20+ years from being realised. Besides, no one knows how many tests it has failed(if it has taken any) because China lets its media give out only what it wants.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
i wasn't talking about that mirage pic i was talking about the pic with your name on the bottom

do you know that Kaveri has less thrust than one mig-29 engine??

agree FC-1 is concept development of mig-35

wow 150+
good job. i dont care

Umm the WS-10A has already been tested.

One WS-10A (13,200kg class) turbofan was successfully tested on a J-11 testbed (currently belonging to CFTE) in June 2002. The first J-11B prototype powered by WS-10A flew in 2003

mil.jschina.com.cn...

picture of j-11 with WS-10A
external image

like there indian counter-part china needed a engine. and the russian one was a perfect canditdate

edit: resized image/photo

[edit on 18-5-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
do you have more specs, details on the chinese engine ?

has it been tested on the J-10 ?

i have heard of a thrust vectored variant as well, any info on that ?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
J-10 has TVC.. because if the chinese are developingTVC.. then it can only be used on an upgraded J-10.. The Su's in the PLAAF definitely do not have TVC.. And I was under the impression that the J-10 (at least the ones produced so far) had no TVC..
Whats the latest on the no. of J-10s inducted??

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Nonono, there are actually TWO Mig-33s. The old one, the Product-33 aka MiG-33, was abandoned by Mikoyan, the MiG-33 designation is then given to the improved MiG-29. It's also known as MiG-29M. The FC-1 definitely had design influences from the old MiG-33

Oh and stealthspy I got something similar for you too

[edit on 18-5-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Samething here gentle members:

Focus on the original topic:
U.S. Suspends Israel from JSF Project

Thank you.

seekerof

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
wow!! I got dizzy after looking at that pic!!

I somehow can't edit my post above..how come??
I want to correct the portion where i said "the J-10 has got TVC"
What I meant to say was "the J-10 has TVC??!"

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Israel just doesn't seem to trust the U.S.'s official support until they get caught in controversy.

Seems to me Israel has and continues to lose points from it's own benefactor - U.S. But I also understand that their special forces do seriously dirty-deeds quietly under U.S. requirements.

Dallas

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
i think this is a warning from the americans to israel to stop selling tech to americans rivial. Did they have this type of situation with another country?
i think it did before with sweden or some country like that

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

"the J-10 has TVC??!"

The LAVI never had TVC and that means the J-10 will never have TVC, especially after the US warning to Israel, get it

M6D

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
lets put it this way..if somthing works perfectly well and good as it is, why change it? thats just what china is doing, dont change somthing that doesnt need changing, if russia has good equipment, why not use it?

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Because you cannot surpass anyone by copying them or buying from them, you can only be their equal or less. That is why China is moving towards more originality lately (for those who kept up).

Anyways back to topic, Israel definitely isn't a trustworthy country from a US point of view to be involved in the JSF project. It has helped many rivals of the US in the past for cash, including Iran, China, etc. It smuggled spare F-14 parts to Iran.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join