It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin won the Russian presidential elections with a colossal advantage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Go to USA they have free elections!
a zombie puppet Joe won...

even real zomnies dont fall over that much!

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

What you think it's odd that each opponent had the same exact policies as Putin. Talk about how to illuminate debate just make sure everyone running supports the exact same things.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Having read all the comments so far, I would just like to say this... people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Look at US where Biden has been declared unfit mentally to stand trial, yet he's completely fit to have his finger over the big red button. The choices that the US faces in their upcoming general election now is either Biden or Trump, one being 'mentally unsound' and the other no eloquent, diplomatic 'leader of the free world'.
Then we have Sunak in the UK who is in the 'last chance saloon' and hoping 'something' will happen to turn the electorate.... (who never voted for him in the first place, neither did the Conservative party paid up members).... in his favour to win the next election. Our alternative is another 'paid up member' (like Sunak) of the WEF with a very questionable past (let alone his 'flip flopping' and can't give the definition of a woman) going as far back as when he presided over investigations into Saville in his position as head of the CPS!
That's apparently called 'democracy' in the UK.
If the video of people battling blizzards in Sakhalin to vote is genuine.... can you honestly say people of the US or UK would venture out to vote in bad weather? No, me neither, the wimpy West tend to hold their elections in more 'favourable weather'.
Carry on........
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Having read all the comments so far, I would just like to say this... people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

How many people call out the US and the Russian election irregularities on ATS. So who’s not throwing stones at both?

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Thank you, Jane. I have always appreciated and appreciate your opinion!

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Look at US where Biden has been declared unfit mentally to stand trial.

At least in The US they can only be stuck with a crap President for a maximum of 8 years.

Thanks to Putin fixing how long a President can serve, they will be into 30 plus years of a dictatorship. Wow what a thought.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 06:56 AM
link   
So let me get this straight.
Russia holds elections during a war but Ukraine not so much?
Interesting.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Wrong. Nadezhdin was barred from the elections when it turned out that he started winning the sympathy and considerable support among the Russian populace. Somehow, all Putin's vocal critics and potential election opponents end up facing spurious charges in staged trials. Why should it be otherwise if the Supreme Court judges are elected by the parliament, where Putin's party has an overwhelming majority, on the proposals of the president who rules eternally?

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Russia is not facing a massive invasion? Ukraine is.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

So let me get this straight.
Russia holds elections during a war but Ukraine not so much?
Interesting.

There is no legal legal state of war in either Russia or Ukraine. Nobody declared war on anyone.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

Once again for those who are especially dull. In any civilized country there is electoral legislation. Absolutely everyone is obliged to comply with it. If one of the candidates does not want to comply with it, then he will not be allowed to participate in the elections.
It’s a different question when the situation is used and planned in advance as a provocation.
If you live in an uncivilized country, then this is your problem. We live in a civilized world.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Just to play devil's advocate.... Russia is surrounded by NATO countries who is itching to escalate to a full on war with Russia.
Explain why the Ukraine can't have elections please given we are told they are winning and Russia is losing?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 07:08 AM
link   

ATSers are very quick to point out problems in the US elections. We are capable of doing both ... talking about 'stealing the election' in the USA AND Putin running a corrupt election process.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 07:10 AM
link   

We live in a civilized world.

Having political opponents murdered. You actually think Russia is civilised ? Just one example as to why it's not.

edit on 18-3-2024 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Russia is surrounded by NATO countries who is itching to escalate to a full on war with Russia.

I think that is wildly inaccurate. No NATO country wants war with Russia let alone the claim that they are 'itching' for one.

Explain why the Ukraine can't have elections please given we are told they are winning and Russia is losing?

When war makes it impossible for free elections to take place, the elections are often suspended until after hostilities end. This isn't new. And I don't know who is saying that the Ukraine is winning and Russia is losing ... maybe I missed that ... but it looks like a stalemate at this point.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Vermilion

Russia is not facing a massive invasion? Ukraine is.

If it were February 2022 you might have an argument.
Currently though this war is a stalemate with fighting concentrated on the south east of Ukraine.
www.bbc.com...
Zelenskyy is just Ukraine’s version of Putin.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 07:13 AM
link   

To the contrary, I was merely pointing out what keeps you safe.

Perhaps you should be concerned that your unfailing faith in Putin does not come back to haunt you at some pivotal point in the future. But as a practical person, which you keenly show, I must assume that you have a failsafe program or perhaps, as a loyal follower you intend to go down with the ship.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

So you don’t like the Jewish candidate for president of Russia?
Who will you like then?

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I don't think NATO is itching for a full scale war that no one can win.

Countries choose to join NATO and more have thanks to Putin's aggression.

I don't think that anyone is "winning" this war.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Explain why the Ukraine can't have elections.

During hostitlites elections are usually suspended.

Between 1935-45 Britain did not hold a General Election.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join