It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Courage to serve act and should the military raise age limits for enlistment?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

You know why they want illegals in the military?
Because those illegals are not loyal to the Constitution.
They will follow orders, any orders...

It has nothing to do with courage, when it comes to serving.
It's supposed to be for love of Country and our People.
For the record, I met many cowards in the military...

People do not want to be in an Armed Forces Branch, when they know they are not going to be treated with respect.

The military, has been going d o w n hill, since dems under the o'buma regime. My experience while active duty Army, was atrocious political pandering from senior commission officers looking for a promotion.

Political bs is supposed to stay out of the military, but the military has been infected with the woke and morally broke.

Why would any one want to be in the military, when they don't even train to win, let alone train war fighters.

Remember the military option only gets layed on the table, when politics has failed. Why restraint by putting our military on a leash.

When politics has failed and the military is called in, that's when political options are gone, stay out of it. Let the military do its job, of killing people who want to kill us.

Common sense is no longer common, and politicians like diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason.

edit on 21-2-2024 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Every 18 yr old teen girl and boy...all. required to serve in Israeli military.

South Korea...everyone...all...has to do 2 yrs. Iranian teen girls training?They will f-up , slice and dice, climb up walls...and tear up Ametican girls.

Those 3 mandatory? In America...more concerned with makeup and tech, than learning or even understanding...how well trained the "enemies" are.

We do not train our whole youth on war. These countries do. They are ready because every citizen has had training. Military. In case.

The US? Population "won't happen to me ,I'm on the phone!"....are woefully clueless.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

You make solid points but would another country make the gamble of taking on the US?
If our country changed gears for war........God help whoever is on the other side.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: watchitburn

These illegals have already shown a blatant disregard for our laws and society.

You might want to read this recent article from the Libertarian Cato institute:

"The results in this updated brief show that in Texas in 2019, illegal immigrants were 37.1 percent less likely to be convicted of a crime than native‐​born Americans and legal immigrants were about 57.2 percent less likely to be convicted of a crime than native‐​born Americans. The conviction and arrest rates for illegal immigrants were lower than those for native‐​born Americans but higher than those for legal immigrants. This result holds for just about every type of crime, including homicide, sex crimes, larceny, and most other crimes."

www.cato.org...#

Except for the act of entering the country illegally, illegal immigrants are noticeably more law-abiding that native born Americans once they get here.

What I get out of that is it is more difficult to find an illegal offender than a tax paying one.

Arrest and conviction can only take place if you can track down and apprehend the perp.

Go figure, right? 🤷🏽‍♂️

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   

What do you guys think about what they're planning to do. Give citizenship for military service?

It wouldn't be a terrible idea if they're fully vetted. The military gets the extra bodies they need due to low enlistments. And illegal immigrants are vetted before becoming full tax-paying citizens.

Seems like a win-win. Especially because our immigration system is so broken it can take years to have cases heard.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

When politics has failed and the military is called in, that's when political options are gone, stay out of it. Let the military do its job, of killing people who want to kill us.

Politics and foreign policy always play a role in the military. Choosing who to kill, supply arms to, and support. It's not like everyone the u.s. military kills is an "enemy". Tons of civilian deaths in drone strikes alone.

There is no current wars going on so i doubt people are joining the military to become fighters against a unseen enemy. Maybe if you're a navy seal. Most people I know whom join the military are going in for opportunities that are given.

Which, is why illegal immigrants would want to join as well. It's an opportunity to either build a career or at least become a citizen.

I think the notion that the military wants non-patriotic people to join is a bit far-fetched. They need bodies to fill low-enlistment numbers.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   

What do you guys think about what they're planning to do. Give citizenship for military service?

I've already done my 2 tours. I enlisted right after I graduated college.

So although I went in as an officer to be, the Corps still made everyone go through boot camp - college degree or not.

I hated it then but in hindsight it was the best 13 weeks of training I've ever had in my life.

Say what you want about the USMC but they do turn out extremely well trained fighters, tacticians and leaders.

So yes, I do think it's a good idea and a solution to a vexing problem in this country.

edit on 2/22/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
People are already worked up about police violence and concerned about military readiness.

These illegals have already shown a blatant disregard for our laws and society.

They come from countries where it's common place for police and military to be hopelessly corrupt and to just murder people in the streets.

Our government is working to disarm us, and they want us to trust our safety to people who don't share our values, don't give a rat's ass about our Constitution or laws and are not our friends and neighbors.

These people will not hesitate to follow unlawful and unconstitutional orders.

This is exactly how the Roman Empire collapsed.

But do remember what that Japanese admiral said in WW2 -
Don’t invade America; they have a gun behind every blade of grass.
This was probably 250 million guns ago, too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join