It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Courage to serve act and should the military raise age limits for enlistment?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Ok so when I read about this I was very confused because here's the thing. These people can get any documents they want. They can be Brad Pitt if they want to be. They can get documents on documents and when they get deported, they just get more documents under different names and come back through. So what I want to know, is how do we even know these people are who they claim to be? It seems like we don't at all and have no way whatsoever to verify these people's actual identities.

This concerns me. And I'm wondering if anybody else is seeing this or concerned about this hehe I know you are, but like...there is no global fingerprint database! There is no way to verify these people's fingerprints.

www.heritage.org...

the Department of Homeland Security has released an estimated 2 million migrants into the U.S. after minimal “processing.” This means taking their photos and fingerprints, entering (unverifiable) names and birth dates, running this data through U.S. law enforcement and immigration databases, and creating an immigration file if a prior one isn’t found.

Some of those who are released get a “notice to appear” at a future immigration court hearing to argue why they shouldn’t be removed from the U.S. for being here illegally. But when overwhelmed, DHS has simply released them with a “notice to report” to their nearest Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) office, where they can later get the “notice to appear” and start that slow legal ball rolling. In a small number of cases, ICE tracks them or asks them to check in via phone every so often.

Now Don Juan might not have a criminal record. But Juan Don does, we won't know that because he told us his name is Don Juan and there is no unified fingerprint system.

What do you guys think about what they're planning to do. Give citizenship for military service?

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Reps. Pat Ryan (D-NY) and John James (R-MI) introduced the Courage to Serve Act on Friday, which provides an expedited path to citizenship for “qualified and vetted migrants” who serve in the military.

“The legislation addresses two challenges facing the United States: an influx of migrants looking to work, build a better life for their families, and contribute to our country, as well as a recruitment crisis within the ranks of our Armed Forces,” according to a release first shared with the Washington Examiner.

Ryan said in a statement on the Courage to Serve Act that he and James know “firsthand” that there is “no higher honor than serving your country in uniform.”

“If folks have the courage to raise their right hand, swear an oath to protect and defend this nation, and put their lives on the line, then they sure as hell deserve the opportunity to become an American citizen,” Ryan said.

I have reservations about it just because we really have no idea who any of these people actually are. I just read the one about the Navy reducing their requirements for entry. What they need to do is up the age cut offs because I know several people who are around my age 36-40 who would join up if only the age cut offs were higher. And they're not all out of shape lumpy middle aged people either. Lots of fit and young for their age 40 year old men and women out there. I think when I looked into enlisting the only branch I could do was air force because they let you in till age 35 or age 36.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   
People are already worked up about police violence and concerned about military readiness.

These illegals have already shown a blatant disregard for our laws and society.

They come from countries where it's common place for police and military to be hopelessly corrupt and to just murder people in the streets.

Our government is working to disarm us, and they want us to trust our safety to people who don't share our values, don't give a rat's ass about our Constitution or laws and are not our friends and neighbors.

These people will not hesitate to follow unlawful and unconstitutional orders.

This is exactly how the Roman Empire collapsed.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

I get where you are getting at and all but the long term acceptance of such an idea is just straight up big brother.
So how about less of that and let us figure 8ut something else.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   
We might be witnessing first hand a real trojan horse without the horse. ☣️

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Well the folks who introduced that are f*%&in idiots. I bet they are the same folks who would talk smack that Russia uses prisoners in its army...but here they are wanting to give the most prized thing the US has away to criminals in return for serving in their woke army that coincidentally is having big issues recruiting...

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

First it's the census for political leverage in the form of representatives then it's police, then military.

Which is consistent to how they've already outsourced our economy.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
We might be witnessing first hand a real trojan horse without the horse. ☣️

Even Troy had borders, fences and gates....

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I bet they didn't have the internet!

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 06:24 PM
link   

www.yabaleftonline.ng...

i got no problem with the people that immigrated and applied for U.S. citizenship the legal way joining the military to speed up the process of citizenship. when i was in the Corps there were two that i served with, a jamaican and a mexican, both were good men.

what was that line,

allowing someone who broke the law to get into the country to start with not so keen on.
in fact i'm all for sending them back the way they came, by force if necessary.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I agree, they should increase the Age limit to join, plenty of very fit people out there in their 30’s-40’s that can outperform many of these high school kids in PT including with jobs skills.

I think the main concern is how they will take orders from some 22 year old LT or SGT.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundya4k

You commies are becoming increasingly unhinged and nonsensical.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

These illegals have already shown a blatant disregard for our laws and society.

You might want to read this recent article from the Libertarian Cato institute:

"The results in this updated brief show that in Texas in 2019, illegal immigrants were 37.1 percent less likely to be convicted of a crime than native‐​born Americans and legal immigrants were about 57.2 percent less likely to be convicted of a crime than native‐​born Americans. The conviction and arrest rates for illegal immigrants were lower than those for native‐​born Americans but higher than those for legal immigrants. This result holds for just about every type of crime, including homicide, sex crimes, larceny, and most other crimes."

www.cato.org...#

Except for the act of entering the country illegally, illegal immigrants are noticeably more law-abiding that native born Americans once they get here.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Except for the act of entering the country illegally, illegal immigrants are noticeably more law-abiding that native born Americans once they get here.

"If you remove the act of illegality, the illegal immigrants are less illegal."

Wow.

Well done.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Committing crimes and being convicted of them are pretty different things.i do not doubt that illegal Mexicans are convicted less when compared to Americans when there is no trial and they are simply sent home. Or they give a fake a name and proceed to commit crime.

Common boomer. It’s like your not even trying to sway hearts and minds anymore with your rhetoric.

Now if you want your mind blown don’t do crime in American as illegal vs America. Do crime as black vs the rest of everything.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Obama wanted to fundamentally transform America.

He just has during his 3rd term.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You might want to pull your head out of your ass. And look around to what's actually going on.

It's not the 90's anymore boomer.

The current regime let in 30,000+ military age male Chinese nationals last year.

More than 250 known terrorists have been encountered at the southern border in the last year alone.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

"If you remove the act of illegality, the illegal immigrants are less illegal."

Wow.

Well done.

As boomy posted

less likely to be convicted of a crime

It's hard to get a comviction when you can't even find the perpetrator.
Catch and release works just as well in the judicial system as it does at the border.....

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 08:18 PM
link   
m.youtube.com...

🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡 = 👻👻👻👻👻👻
edit on 20-2-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Yes, yes and yes. I had a relative who was on a work visa in the US during WW2. He was given a draft notice, so when he reported in they told him it was a mistake, but was it really? He made a deal to go to war if they gave him citizenship, I don’t know who offered the deal, but they agreed and he earned his citizenship after the war.

Our borders are open for a few reasons:

Enlistment numbers- trading citizenship

Replacement workers for Americans who will enlist

They need a reason to go to war, so I expect they’ve allowed a few to come through our southern border.

The dollar is in decline, we are in unprecedented debt and this is the rats leaving the ship. The majority of Congress are crooks and they have spent us into oblivion, so what better way to cover up your sins than squeeze the last out of us and toss a lit match as they leave the room.

I really believe they are about to divert our attention from what they have done. After 911 we united against a common enemy. They know how to trigger that again. I fear the enemy could be internal.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 02:38 AM
link   
So what.... okay... no diploma or ged. Age up. And now illigal immigrants who we know nothing of the back story will be in the military trained by us know out secrets leak them to their country of origin fundamentally dismantle the military from the inside out like termites. More money given in taxes to these illigal people in the military. Hiusing and what not. And chances are they are the dreggs of society where they come from or part of some masterminds evil plot to destroy the USA faster than it was already going down.....

All some or none of the above may or have had happened....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join