It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden Blames Donald Trump and ‘MAGA Republicans’ for Broken Border System

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadedGhost
a reply to: Lumenari

What would be the point, you wouldn’t accept the source any way.

Republicans blocked a border bill that they themselves negotiated. How much more evidence do you need?

You mean that Ukraine border bill??

Every time I bring this up, you scurry away.

Why is that?
edit on 13-2-2024 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Republicans blocked a border bill that they themselves negotiated. How much more evidence do you need?

You mean that Ukraine border bill??

Every time I bring this up, you scurry away.

Why is that?

But the Ukraine aid bill has already gotten further on its own… so what’s your point?

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JadedGhost

My point, is that it was attached to the border bill.

Did I somehow miss mentioning that?

Well let me do it again.

Because Ukraine aid was more than half of the US border bill.....

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yes, but the senate passed the Ukraine aid bill, yet blocked the broader bill which included border control, which the Republicans themselves negotiated… so again, what’s your point?

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Most republicans are also trash.

Especially that Lankford fellow.

You do know that the Ukraine bill and the border bill are the same bill, right?

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 10:43 PM
link   

And my laundry is done and it has been two hours and just one leftist posted here and didn't have a logical rebuttal.

For shame leftists... FOR SHAME!

To be honest, to me the only thing you are good for at this point in American politics is entertainment.

And you fail at that too.

G'Night ATS!

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I know the bill that got blocked was the same bill. But the Ukraine aid bill on its own just passed the senate… you know that right?

So there was no logical reason for it to be blocked, except that Trump wanted it to be blocked so he can campaign on border security.

It wasn’t a bad deal either, shut the border after 5,000 cross a day, considering they say 10,000+ are crossing everyday, they could’ve halved the amount of people crossing the border… stupid republicans, now they get nothing.

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I just went and looked.

I stand corrected. The senate passed a 95 billion dollar aid bill for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan. You've done it!

For the record, the foreign funding AND border bill was 118 billion.

Again, I was wrong. I didn't realize they stripped the border out on Sunday.

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I know the bill that got blocked was the same bill. But the Ukraine aid bill on its own just passed the senate… you know that right?

So there was no logical reason for it to be blocked, except that Trump wanted it to be blocked so he can campaign on border security.

It wasn’t a bad deal either, shut the border after 5,000 cross a day, considering they say 10,000+ are crossing everyday, they could’ve halved the amount of people crossing the border… stupid republicans, now they get nothing.

Going across the border illegally is... a crime.

Democrats are OK with only 5,000 x 365 which equals 1,825,000 crimes a year.

Republicans would prefer 0 crimes a year.

Stupid Republicans indeed...

LOL

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

There legally allowed to claim asylum if they’re on US soil, but the US doesn’t have the resources to house them well there asylum claim is being reviewed… hence the catch and release.

You would need to create a law to not make it legal, which is what the bill proposed, after 5,000 had crossed. But Trump shut it down.

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Not sure why “JadedGhost” is so worried about a spiraling corrupted Ukraine regime not getting that money, and it instead going to U.S. border funding etc.

(shrugs)

Many folk (especially overseas) don’t want Trump to win for their own agenda. Couldn’t care less about our national security.

Just looking to have it tossed into corrupted (yet dwindling) administrations overseas instead.

edit on 13-2-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

There legally allowed to claim asylum if they’re on US soil, but the US doesn’t have the resources to house them well there asylum claim is being reviewed… hence the catch and release.

You would need to create a law to not make it legal, which is what the bill proposed, after 5,000 had crossed. But Trump shut it down.

You are so ignorant on the subject of asylum that it is actually a little amusing to me.

Are they going through the legal checkpoints?

On what grounds are they claiming asylum?

You do realize that Biden has just not followed asylum laws that have been on the books the entire time?

Who is getting impeached right now?

Where are they going right now?

Are you an actual taxpayer in America right now who is funding the illegal aliens in our own country?

Are you OK with that?

Do you even understand what you are supporting?

Fascinating.

ETA... for the Love of God if you are going to debate something at least use the English language correctly. The word you are trying to use isn't "There"... it is "They're". English is my third language... what is your first?
edit on 100000002America/Chicago2pmTue, 13 Feb 2024 23:42:40 -060042 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Just wanted to drop this here for anyone who remains...uncertain:

ALERT: Court Order on Circumvention of Lawful Pathways Final Rule

On Aug. 3, 2023, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit issued a stay of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California’s order in East Bay Sanctuary Covenant v. Biden, 18-cv-06810 (N.D. Cal.), vacating the Circumvention of Lawful Pathways (CLP) rule. At this time and while the stay remains in place, USCIS will continue to apply the CLP rule.

Under the rule, certain individuals who enter the United States through its southwest land border or adjacent coastal borders are presumed to be ineligible for asylum, unless they can demonstrate an exception to the rule or rebut the presumption. Individuals are encouraged to use lawful, safe, and orderly pathways to come to the United States.

Link

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: WingDingLuey

Yep , Everything is Trump's Fault . His Trained Seal even Stole my Fish !

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 12:05 AM
link   

which the Republicans themselves negotiated

The majority of republicans flat out rejected that bill when all was said and done. It was DOA in the Republican controlled House.
edit on 14-2-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

The majority of republicans flat out rejected that bill when all was said and done. It was DOA in the Republican controlled House.

Yeah well, that’s the whole point.

Trump wants the borders to remain as they are so he can campaign on it.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 02:14 AM
link   

HR2 would have closed the border and would have been 100 billion cheaper.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Either way, it’s an established fact that Trump has told Republicans not to pass any bill related to the border, simply because Trump wants it to be as chaotic as possible so he can campaign on it.

He doesn’t care about the border, he just wants to use the issue as a political football for his own selfish benefit.

Make America Gullible Again!

What you said but Bidet instead of Trump

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

Yeah well, that’s the whole point.

Trump wants the borders to remain as they are so he can campaign on it.

if the border can be shut down after 5000 encounters a day, and you are good with that, what's the motivation to not shut it down now? did the bill provide some new law allowing the border to be shut? or is your goal to flood the US with illegals. are you a US citizen?

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Republicans refuse to bring up ANY border bill.

I blame them for EVERYTHING that is happening at the border and will vote accordingly, like a lot of other independents.

You lost a HOUSE SEAT last night, now you are going to lose the HOUSE, SENATE, and WH in November.

I'll be back to tell you, told you so.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join