It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Checking on the status of the website

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hey everyone, just wanted to check in and see if things were improving here and what the current status of ownership was. Hope everyone is doing well!

I'll keep it simple, with just a few questions that are foremost on my mind:

- Have the owners come back? If not, has anyone taken over the ownership and is paying the bills to keep this going? Any news at all about any of this?
- If there still are no owners, then what is being done to make sure this is paid for and continues going?
- Is someone thinking about buying this website or are ATS member donating funds to keep the website from going tits up? Where can these be donated?

The reason I'm asking is I don't know whether I should make any effort to come back, or write anything, if it's a futile effort. This link says the domain is paid for through May 18 of this year. The domain is non-transferable.

And that's just the domain, that's cheap. Who is paying for the servers and the hosting? Whose servers is this being hosted on now, from day to day? Who owns all of our data, our information, our IP addresses and all of our debates and intellectual information on here? There used to be a lot of traffic this site generated; hosting that is not cheap -- who pays for that now? Who pays for it today, this very moment?

Without clear ownership, is there any point to coming back and getting my old account turned back on? Is it three more months and all is gone anyway? Does anyone know?

I probably picked the wrong sub-forum to put this into, oh well, it will get moved. Just trying to reach some mods, or anyone really, who knows what is going on so far. Is everyone just floating around, not doing anything, waiting for the lights to go dark, or are there concrete steps being taken for someone to take over?

Thanks all, happy Valentines and enjoy the Super Bowl everyone who watches!

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't think it's been determined yet as to owns or runs this site at present. I do know it's moderated by DTOM at the least.
edit on 2 10 24 by CataclysmicRockets because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

You can tell a sinking ship by the leaving rats...

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   
No worries, the defense department still manages this website. Its not going anywhere. They love training their AI's on us. Its also their best way to get insights on the crazy annoying thinking people who just refuse to accept lies from the government. We make good training material for their psyops and propaganda divisions.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Well, coming back and posting is entirely up to you decide.

That being said, the answer to most of your questions is : No.

Don't know who owns it, runs it, paying for it, etc. and if anyone does know, they're not saying. There are no ads, so they're generating income some other way. I fully expect it to go down in May, but I wouldn't be at all surprised the next time I try to log in I get "404 Page Not Found"

I've been here almost 16 years and I gotta say, I'm pretty "meh" about it.
If it stays up, fine, if not *shrug* it's not the end of the world.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   

No one knows who owns. it, not even admins and mods.

It's all hanging by a thread.

Yet you're welcome to post your propaganda. It certainly is entertaining to debunk the MSM talking points as places to do that are on short supply.
edit on 10-2-2024 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 05:13 PM
link   

You ask a lot of questions that are unanswerable. Thanks to the dedication of Djarms and DTOM...1,000's got back our accts.
But we are mods and members....only. Who's who and what and business? Gone. We aren't holding our breath. Day to day..

MS

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 05:42 PM
link   

It's all kept on a private server in Hillary Clinton's closet.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 05:46 PM
link   

DTOM, Zaphod and Djarums are the most prominent "old guard" holding down the fort currently. Everyone else got deleted and aren't motivated to reconnect or rebuild. You can find a few familiar names on rogue nation or the Phantom Zone discord and you are more likely to get answers in one of those places.

Worth mentioning that a great many members you see today (myself included) are only around because Djarums is a technical wizard and therefore is owed a barrel of something delicious and combustible, if not the entire distillery.

edit on 10-2-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

- Have the owners come back? If not, has anyone taken over the ownership and is paying the bills to keep this going? Any news at all about any of this?
- If there still are no owners, then what is being done to make sure this is paid for and continues going?
- Is someone thinking about buying this website or are ATS member donating funds to keep the website from going tits up? Where can these be donated?

1. Not as far as anyone here knows.
2. No one knows.
3. Since ATS has no active owners, this is not applicable.

As far as moderation, among those mods still here are several of us who are still quite active.
Basically, we are still here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani
. . . I don't know whether I should make any effort to come back, or write anything, if it's a futile effort. This link says the domain is paid for through May 18 of this year. The domain is non-transferable.

And that's just the domain, that's cheap. Who is paying for the servers and the hosting? Whose servers is this being hosted on now, from day to day? Who owns all of our data, our information, our IP addresses and all of our debates and intellectual information on here? There used to be a lot of traffic this site generated; hosting that is not cheap -- who pays for that now? Who pays for it today, this very moment?

Without clear ownership, is there any point to coming back and getting my old account turned back on? Is it three more months and all is gone anyway? Does anyone know?

. . . Is everyone just floating around, not doing anything, waiting for the lights to go dark, or are there concrete steps being taken for someone to take over?

I have had many of these same thoughts, but I decided it was worth going down with the ship. The ATS Network will likely get shut down due to non-payment in my opinion, however, in the meantime, I've expanded my own network of like-minded folks by following the leads here and searching for similar forums elsewhere, something I've been doing since ATS went dark a few years ago and glad that I did.

I haven't reactivated my old profile by using what I consider to be unconventional channels, plus I like the new attitude of the new and improved Michigan Swampbuck. I can prove this is the One and Only with a text message, even get my old account back, but I won't be doing that, I'll be riding it as it goes down and finally out.

I'll be out there, somewhere, retaining many of my contacts regardless of what may happen here or on other forums and social media. It is a shame though I agree about that. Also, it made me angry, but I am more prepared to move on now and can let it go. If someone buys the domain name and recreates the forum with it, I'm not going to join up again, no need after all this.

ETA: When I'm on forum boards like this one I go by Michigan Swampbuck. On social media like Gab or Fakebook, I go by Buck Marsh and use pictures of a whitetail buck for my profiles. I joined Rogue-Nation and the Discord channel along with a few other boards that have been around for ten or more years.
edit on 2/10/2024 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Thanks for your reply, DTOM. It's too bad no one has come forward as the owner, and yes, I can see how that would rule out any future purchases.

So, who is paying for the monthly hosting charges? Who owns the servers the website is on?

Anyone know?

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 09:35 PM
link   
We have no owner?... Ok I declare this the Peoples Republic of ATS. Give it a few mins and the CIA will be here to regime change... maybe?.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BeTheGoddess2

Lol, Hook me up if you need a dictator to topple, that's been my career dream like forever...

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeTheGoddess2
We have no owner?... Ok I declare this the Peoples Republic of ATS. Give it a few mins and the CIA will be here to regime change... maybe?.

Quick, lets drill for our own oil and establish our own currency.

This should expedite the process.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Sigh
2024-05-18

T-MINUS 98 DAYS

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Someone has to be paying the hosting bill, you'd think.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Public funded renewable energy subsidies!. And if you think thats bad--we legalize it...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

You need permission slips from the CIA before you are allowed to military coup.

Its procedure, eh

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   
You're welcome😎

TBH the last two excursions by owners, alleged or real, didn't turn out very well.
I figure some day ATS won't be here.
Just assume if it is April First that it is not a prank.

You and other ATS denizens are more than welcome to check out my siggy link

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join