It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Checking on the status of the website

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Someone would have to contact me, I am generally out of the loop on ATS business.

posted on Apr, 28 2024 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: yuppa

a reply to: yuppa

If ATS somehow Disappears After May Whatever 2024 then that's LIFE . DEAL WITH IT . How About Start then LIVING Your Own Personal Lives without One LESS Distraction that is STEALING Precious Moments of it that could be put to Better Use with Family and Friends ? Technology is Really Slavery you know , Karl Marx Agrees........

Well Ex FrIKING exscuse me for existing. Im PERFECTLY fine with the sites fate but apparently here you are bringing everyones mood down. Politics does change a person they say. Way to prove that trope. congrats.

Suck it Up then . All Things Come to an End........

Well dont go taking your crap out on me. Im too *Bleeping* old and I dont got time for your missplaced anger. ATS dying? Yeah sucks. IS it the end of the world? F no. Out of everyone here i never expected you to speak like that to someone who didnt even direct anything toward you at all.

I did not , You seem to have Misconstrued my Post . Besides my Post was Directed to SchrodingersRat , Not you Specifically .

Yeah. apologies if I got it wrong. Still yeah we should spend more time with everyone close to us when possible. You do got a fair point. SR will learn in due time I am sure though. I just wish I had the money myself Id buy a server and then start a patreon to cover hosting cost, a dollar from each member would prolly cover it or shoot depending on user load could be even lower. In short make each member a share holder in privately held website. teh dollar per would be liek the dues for the year. Make it so each member could run a ad on their own page if they want as well and get a cut of anything over the minimal cost /due a year.
edit on 24000000pppm by yuppa because: oops

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Three weeks to go.
Status .. no change yet. Still May 18th.
My Prediction .. no autopilot payment. Lights out May 23.
We will see ...
(This is kinda like waiting for 'the big one' to hit California ... just gotta' wait and see)

UK Go Daddy

Website Builder

And the name status is HERE

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Holding auditions for the dance band, ' ATS Titanic'.
edit on 29-4-2024 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I've been around here for some time in one way or another - since about 2005. I tried to log into my account a few weeks after what have honestly been a few hard years and nothing worked. I was 100% sure about the password and username but nothing. Looks like I was caught up in what seems to be known as the purge. Hence, this brand new account.

I'm staggered to read what's been happening whilst I've been away and if the lights do go out, it will be sad beyond words. This place is part of my youth. I gained information, I learned how to debate respectfully and how to investigate. I enjoyed hearing different opinions and downright crazy ideas.

Devastated to read this.

If the site vanishes, I wish every single one of the very best for the future.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: lostagain

Check out the link in my signature.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

As an awesome 'Super Mod' can you in an official capacity tell us members when a communication between you guys and the owner last happened (obviously no details)?
Are you allowed to say if the owner made you aware of them not hanging around or not wanting to post?
Can you say in any official capacity if all the Mods have tried to contact the owner or asked the previous owners to try? Do the 3 amegios know what happened to ATS a few months back and no contact from the owner has happened?

I see some members who have posted it's all going to carry on like normal and refuse to see whats coming, but clearly towards the end of the month ATS could be closed down for good.
It would be nice to have an official posting from our awesome Mods that they're in the dark too and no contact from the owner has happened.
A situation like this has never happened before and I don't think the mods are crossing any lines in trying to keep the members up to date?

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

As an awesome 'Super Mod' can you in an official capacity tell us members when a communication between you guys and the owner last happened (obviously no details)?
Are you allowed to say if the owner made you aware of them not hanging around or not wanting to post?
Can you say in any official capacity if all the Mods have tried to contact the owner or asked the previous owners to try? Do the 3 amegios know what happened to ATS a few months back and no contact from the owner has happened?
I thought all that was pretty much covered in the last few pages of this thread, did you read it?

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I thought all that was pretty much covered in the last few pages of this thread, did you read it?

Yes I did and have contributed too that. I asked about the OFFICIAL line....You know, from my post saying "in an official capacity"
So far I've taken the comments here as Mods posting as members not mods.

edit on 30-4-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

It was.
The three amigos are no more.
They are no longer the owners.
darko was here last year, in whatever capacity the "new owner" had given to him.
We have not "heard" from "Winston Salem" for well over a year.

Maybe those who missed this earlier thread by Djarums can catch up now.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

It was.
darko was here last year, in whatever capacity the "new owner" had given to him.

So it is official posts from you guys, I was just making sure. You guys used to have a 'posting as a member' box, but most Mods never used that from the start. Thanks for clearing it up.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   

It was.

Winston Salem?

Are you f#cking kidding me?

This just get worse and worse to the point I'm starting not to give a rat's ass..

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

It was.

Winston Salem?

Are you f#cking kidding me?

This just get worse and worse to the point I'm starting not to give a rat's ass..

Welcome to the Club . I Guess you will have to Wait and See if this Site is Still Up and Running After May 24th.........

edit on 30-4-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Three weeks to go.
Status .. no change yet. Still May 18th.
My Prediction .. no autopilot payment. Lights out May 23.
We will see ...
(This is kinda like waiting for 'the big one' to hit California ... just gotta' wait and see)

My prediction?

It gets paid and goes on as normal. No interruptions in service.

I expect the website is currently owned by someone, or something, that will never want us to know who it is.

Another prediction?

My guess is after nothing happens, most people here just accept it and don't ask any more questions. No following the money, no requests for information... nothing. People will just be happy they can continue talking to the same group of people they like, regardless of whose experiment it is.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

No way would we have ever made something like that up.......

June 2 to June 21, 2021....that is it for his presence!

basic stats
joind on: Jun, 02 2021

applause received: 0

member posts: 3

member threads: 0

member flags: 0

member stars: 0

WATS score: 0.01

member karma: 7

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

My guess is after nothing happens, most people here just accept it and don't ask any more questions.

Do you mean like nothing happened last October?
ATS will not go on indefinitely. Not a prediction.

No one is minding the store.
Even if by some chance the bills get paid, NO ONE cleans house, cooks, does the mending, takes out the garbage.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Well, the way I understood that, that was an attack, a hack... not unpaid bills.

For me, this is disappointing either way, whatever happens in May. Allow me to explain.

If the website goes down in May, it will be an end of an era. I've been here for nearly 20 years. I don't want to see it go. I will miss it.

On the other hand, if it's paid for, but no one knows which 'agency' owns it, that's also not a good thing and I don't want to participate. I've stated clearly many times, I'm not the kind of person that just blindly buys in. I want to know who controls this, who pays for it. Who benefits from it. I'd like transparency akin to that we've had in the past.

May 23 will be a sad day for me either way. The only thing that could fix that is the website staying up AND the owners declaring themselves and their intent.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

Well, the way I understood that, that was an attack, a hack... not unpaid bills.

That is speculation. We don't know it was an attack. Personally, I don't believe it was a hack, in the general understanding of the term.

I want to know who controls this, who pays for it. Who benefits from it. I'd like transparency akin to that we've had in the past.

They've had years to do that, and have given no inclination that might happen. So, speculation among staff is that won't happen.

The only thing that could fix that is the website staying up AND the owners declaring themselves and their intent.

Hope may spring eternal, but that's not the way to bet.

No one currently on staff is in a position to give any answers about the future of the site because we have not been informed. The only thing we have beyond what's already been shared is speculation. The site will go until it doesn't. It could end tonight. Things will change, or they won't.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
That is speculation. We don't know it was an attack. Personally, I don't believe it was a hack, in the general understanding of the term.

It is speculation, but from what I have read about what happened, it all points to an attempt at gaining access to the database through an SQL injection.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

yeah, and from what I heard the database needs some attention from a DBA. So the idea it could crash at any minute is a real threat.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join