It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coping With A Second Trump Term: A Haters Guide

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947
a reply to: Degradation33

Actually, I think today's release of the Special Counsel's report on the Biden classified documents fiasco could change things. The DNC might be motivated to do an intervention and replace uncle Joe with someone many decades younger and without the baggage.

If the Repubs try to use this report against Joe--and they undoubtedly will--they are going to have to argue that a candidate who just aced his cognitive test and therefore intentionally violated the Espionage Act is better for the country than someone who came close to violating it, but didn't quite because he didn't have enough of his mental faculties to do it. The Dems will try to argue that being in mental decline is better than outright criminality and as long as he didn't actually get charged with a crime, it's all good.

Personally, I think the more those arguments are used the more the independents will be horrified. I'm not sure whether the Rs or Ds would win that race to the bottom, and probably neither party really wants to find out. The party that realizes that first and dumps their current leading candidate will have the advantage, simply from a game theory standpoint. A few months ago the polls showed that a generic younger Democrat (unspecified who) would beat Trump by maybe 10 points and a generic younger Repub (like Haley, for example) would beat Biden by about the same margin.

I agree with you that Trump is locked in as the Repub nominee at this point, but it is not too late to have Biden decide to retire because he wants to spend more time with his family, and write his memoirs, or some such. I'm not sure who the Dem substitute would be--maybe Newsom--but it probably doesn't matter as long as he's young and photogenic and Trump stays as the Repub nominee.

If I can figure this out, the Dem strategists undoubtedly already have.

But shouldn't you still be sticking up for him and telling us all how wrong we are for noticing his cheese slipped off his cracker?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

His saying stupid things didn’t usually get me. I mean, it made it a little more ineffective to get people in the government to get behind a lot of policy moves.

It was actual things that happened under him that bugged me. And the fact he was one of the record debt adders.

That said, it’s not like the option of Hillary or Biden is better.
edit on 8-2-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

if it makes you feel any better, the debt under him was due to covid, which shut down the entire world if my old ass can remember that long ago. It was his, he owns it, but at least it wasn't to build statues of civil war generals for folks to tear down. See, I'm in a glass half full kind of mood.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

True, but spending never decreased under him and the tax cuts still increased prior coupled with tax cuts so there still would have been debt added.

But as much as his supporters talk about Covid being something planned by the left, it was his admin that lifted bans on gain of function, spearheaded operation warpspeed, bought all the vaxs, and made the pharma companies immune.

He ran the countries credit cards for a bit and things seemed good. But alas, you always gotta pay the bill.

Biden is know white knight, he’s as bad as they come. We just have trash options.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Like I said, maybe next election cycle. Till then, we have a chance to trade tolerance for mean tweets, for a chance at peace. I'm all for less dead kids however it happens.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The Biden administration will have Trump assassinated before the election.

Haley will step in and the RINO's will rule.

Says the closeted RINO...

No going back now Doughy!
You joined their camp when you supported the intentional killing of women and children. You should really choose your hills better sport...

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The Biden administration will have Trump assassinated before the election.

Haley will step in and the RINO's will rule.

Says the closeted RINO...

No going back now Doughy!
You joined their camp when you supported the intentional killing of women and children. You should really choose your hills better sport...

Stormfront shut down?

You bored?

You are an ugly racist and an antisemite.

Go 'way

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Deg,

What is your take on the DNC's process for selecting who gets to be their candidate for an election ?

For the Dems out there, I'd say thinking about what is wrong with Dem Party processes is an activity that is more productive than fretting about Trump possibly winning a second term.

A lot can happen between now and November.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I hope trump gets out and campaigns like a beast. To me the way he sweats and slurs makes me think he is not well at all and sad health events happen frequently to the elderly.

You might despise Haley but you might not have a choice.

edit on 9-2-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz
I hope trump gets out and campaigns like a beast. To me the way he sweats and slurs makes me think he is not well at all and sad health events happen frequently to the elderly.

You might despise Haley but you might not have a choice.

Giant Meteor would be a better choice, and do less damage.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join