It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coping With A Second Trump Term: A Haters Guide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I debated between here and the writers forum, because this is creative political writing. Coping even.

Caligula is coming for a second term.

Whatever your criticisms are, whether he's a slimeball populist liar, the boogeyman that lives in your head, or both, it's time to let go of them, because all efforts are now dead in the water.

As of now: THERE IS LITTLE stopping Trump from The GOP nomination. And little stopping his election in November. Nothing is likely to happen in time.

So here is a coping-guide if Nixon 2.0, now more than ever, is making your angry, sad, apathetic, or bewildered. From a libertarian Trump-hating perspective.

Here are some things to remember.

1) The Other Trials.

Well. March 4th was postponed. Hush money case pushed up. 4 indictments, 91 Felonies. Smith wants it done in time. Bureaucracy is laughing at them. Appeals, and red tape await in getting these really going.

The goal is to postpone these trials until after Trump is elected, and there's a LOT of people that want to assure he can do that.

So first bubble to pop is the outcome of these indictments stopping him from the nomination in time. Appeals courts are like legal purgatory anyway.

Any hope that Trump will be disqualified via any pending changes before becoming President Re-elect should be limited.

And I don't think he has any qualms to influence the DoJ to drop Biden's influenced charges, or just pardon himself.

Which may be a strategic goal here.

2) States Rights.

That is what this is recent news is about. One state's whims are one state's whims. The attempt to make one state's whims apply to all unanimously fails. As will become precedent.

But you have State's rights. Your State Constitution is upheld by a republican administration by the very core principles of the party. They have to go totalitarian to abandoned their state's rights principles.

3) You'll Get A Tax Cut

Granted that is almost negligible for lower incomes, but the folks at the top will get a huge break. And if you can convince yourself "trickle down economic theory" is actually a thing, you can look forward to new opportunities from the tax cuts promoting job growth.

4) Losing Supporters Can Accept The Outcome And Feel They Still Win By Example

No whining, no bitching, no sniveling, no taking to the streets and breaking down or rioting. No liberal meltdown 2.0.

Know it's coming. And try to act like there is still a high-road left.

Then, if you can't help it, gracefully return to finding anything you can to impeach the boogeyman in your head if you just want to torture yourself.

5) Don't Count On The Watergate

Trump is like Cheney+. He could shoot someone and then get that person to apologize for stepping in front of the bullet.

They tried a Watergate. They thought Biden/Ukraine-gate would get him. It didn't. This is an extension of #4, in that it's a highroad opportunity.

America will have voted for him a 2nd or 3rd time (depending who you ask), and it would just be a waste of time in a final term to try to end it early. (See 7)

6) He Might Not Do That Bad

He's definitely more cognizant of reality, and doesn't need a committee of advisors to craft politician opinions for him.

He gonna do what he did last time. EOs to override the EOs that overrid his initial EOs. Then go full on into border reform.

He Might leave your special snowflake status alone, or abolish your pronouns altogether. DEI might get sh*tcanned, and the progressive changes might be burned tike so many LGBT children's books.

And the hater won't like it. I won't like it. They may be religious pandering. He and the house/senate will pass legislation I don't like.

In the worst times, Just look ahead to 2028 elections, with young candidates in their 50s or 60s. Real up and comers. Current governors. Haley as the front-runner? I am not opposed to that.

The Future when things look bleak. If they look bleak.

7) The Pending

This is the hope of many. The 91 Felonies will be too much to ULTIMATELY overcome. If not before, than as sitting president.

You never know what will really happen. Trump might NOT escape some of these indictments, he could be found guilty of Felonies and face prison time. And that might lead to unknown events.

In a worst-case scenario He will not accept such an occurrence as legal, and neither will his supporters, and that COULD lead to a coup from anger over the pecieved two-tiered DoJ nepotistically deposing of a beloved leader because, like me, they just don't like him.

It seems now set up that anything less than Trump's total exoneration is a miscarriage of justice.

Without an X-Factor that path is laid already.

Trump wins = Good.
Trump Loses = Civil War.

But what is an X-Factor now?

8) Great External Force

Other unknown psychotic outliers could also befall the president at some point. Manchurian outliers. Patsy crazy liberal outliers. Outliers unlikely to be ever thought of as random. A raving lunatic liberal snapping over the orange man.

But how telegraphed would that "act of god" be?

Reality

Super Tuesday will underscore how little voters care what the left says. Or whether or not they care about 91 Felonies. Which sounds more like a band name than anything else.

91 Felonies has about the weight of a viral Trump video with oompa loompa Trumps, no matter how stumpy. They are partisan crimes. The acknowledgement thereof. What's actually true is moot. Projection is compulsory all around.

It about where things are right now in a country where one half is incapable of convincing the other half. And with one half deferring to authority, the other half having the plebeian advantage, the end result is like switching your door when the host asks you. It's statistically likely, encroaching inevitable. Everything from here is towards Republican Checkmate. They either get Trump + house/senate, or an epic uprising will ensue against the corrupt government if they don't.

Regardless of validity, a "stolen election" is an emergent factor. Truth even. Even if it isn't, half are certain it is. Right and wrong is negligible if you believe it with moral conviction, and are acting in noble mind. Tons of oblivious lies have still been patriotic in world history.

And that's my rambling submission.

I'm tapping out of this election cycle with this. Don't kill each-other, let's try to stay together, stay the hell away from my personal freedom as you flesh it all out.
edit on 8-2-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I'm hoping he will both go to prison and be elected. The twitter rants would be epic.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:45 PM
link   

In the Other Reality Timeline , this Transpires..............

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   

So the election interference isn't working?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:50 PM
link   

The Biden administration will have Trump assassinated before the election.

Haley will step in and the RINO's will rule.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Can we just get the damn pee pee tape already?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Haley is going to be his VP.
That seems to be what she intends anyways at this point.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundya4k

Haley is going to be his VP.
That seems to be what she intends anyways at this point.

Nah, he had that with Pence.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The only way I can see him even entertain the idea is if her base holds out a bit and maybe if his numbers don't continue to climb he may have no choice. Just a thought I had the other day.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The only way I can see him even entertain the idea is if her base holds out a bit and maybe if his numbers don't continue to climb he may have no choice. Just a thought I had the other day.

Did you ever check on that thing we talked about?

I'm tapping out of this election cycle with this. Don't kill each-other, let's try to stay together, stay the hell away from my personal freedom as you flesh it all out.

Are you sure? Can you personally verify that your name doesn't appear as voting on any ballot?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:03 PM
link   

What will we do without the Dynamic Duo?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Ah , I Doubt it . Joe's and Kamala's Base is a 3 Legged Chair .
edit on 8-2-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I did actually.
So my 2016 from Nevada is showing I didn't vote but my 2020 is solid.
I need to check in with Nevada because when I put in my name for Nevada nothing pops up. It says I'm registered but has no record of me voting.
I think it's just some odd glitch but I am going to be making a few calls to get to the bottom of this.
It may be because I switched parties....not sure

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Eh, ultimately we have two horrible options.

I think most people have coped with the fact that either outcome is a bad one.

Most Americans are independent or third party about 40% at any given time. The left and right both boast about 30%~ each and a good portion of those are rather moderate.

And most of the world doesn’t really care.

Oh well, there’s always next time which I’m sure most will be disappointed too because neither party can get a good candidate.

Race to the bottom.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I did actually.
So my 2016 from Nevada is showing I didn't vote but my 2020 is solid.
I need to check in with Nevada because when I put in my name for Nevada nothing pops up. It says I'm registered but has no record of me voting.
I think it's just some odd glitch but I am going to be making a few calls to get to the bottom of this.
It may be because I switched parties....not sure

I'm elated that you took the initiative to backup your principals.

That's commendable.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The Biden administration will have Trump assassinated before the election.

Haley will step in and the RINO's will rule.

This may not be far from the truth.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yes, and it was a freaking pain trying to find my drivers license number/voter ID# from AZ. But I was curious.

I started here:

my.arizona.vote...

Then, cross-referenced it here:

www.recorder.pima.gov...

And I have NOT cast a ballot in The State of Arizona since 2008, in the November General election.

My last Arizona vote was fittingly McCain/Palin, Giffords, No on 102, among highlights.

So all good on my vote being cast illegally.
edit on 8-2-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Awesome, love to see it.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Actually, I think today's release of the Special Counsel's report on the Biden classified documents fiasco could change things. The DNC might be motivated to do an intervention and replace uncle Joe with someone many decades younger and without the baggage.

If the Repubs try to use this report against Joe--and they undoubtedly will--they are going to have to argue that a candidate who just aced his cognitive test and therefore intentionally violated the Espionage Act is better for the country than someone who came close to violating it, but didn't quite because he didn't have enough of his mental faculties to do it. The Dems will try to argue that being in mental decline is better than outright criminality and as long as he didn't actually get charged with a crime, it's all good.

Personally, I think the more those arguments are used the more the independents will be horrified. I'm not sure whether the Rs or Ds would win that race to the bottom, and probably neither party really wants to find out. The party that realizes that first and dumps their current leading candidate will have the advantage, simply from a game theory standpoint. A few months ago the polls showed that a generic younger Democrat (unspecified who) would beat Trump by maybe 10 points and a generic younger Repub (like Haley, for example) would beat Biden by about the same margin.

I agree with you that Trump is locked in as the Repub nominee at this point, but it is not too late to have Biden decide to retire because he wants to spend more time with his family, and write his memoirs, or some such. I'm not sure who the Dem substitute would be--maybe Newsom--but it probably doesn't matter as long as he's young and photogenic and Trump stays as the Repub nominee.

If I can figure this out, the Dem strategists undoubtedly already have.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Eh, ultimately we have two horrible options.

I think most people have coped with the fact that either outcome is a bad one.

Most Americans are independent or third party about 40% at any given time. The left and right both boast about 30%~ each and a good portion of those are rather moderate.

And most of the world doesn’t really care.

Oh well, there’s always next time which I’m sure most will be disappointed too because neither party can get a good candidate.

Race to the bottom.

if it makes you feel any better, a few of us will be OK with it, but will lend a shoulder to cry on when he says stupid things and fights with stupid people, making himself look stupid. I think we can all survive 4 more years of good 401K'S, and cheap gas. Maybe next election things will get better. (I learned that from being a Browns fan for 50 years.)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join