It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas installs more razor wire on Eagle Pass border after Supreme Court said Biden could remove it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Texas National Guard soldiers were seen preparing for the installation of more razor wire along the southern border in Eagle Pass, coming after the Supreme Court ruled on Monday that Biden’s Border Patrol was allowed to remove the border protection.

Footage showed troops assembling razor wire structures under an overpass, with Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk writing on X, "The Texas National Guard responds to the Supreme Court's order to remove the razor wire in Eagle Pass by installing even more. Governor Abbott has said "Texas will not back down" as it defends its border. HOLD THE LINE TEXAS."

Source
This is the response I expected from Abbott, but I have to entertain the thought that this could also be a catalyst for a showdown between federal and state forces. There is historical precedent, though Texas has not threatened secession, nor do I expect them to, but animosity is simmering in Texas. Let's hope it doesn't boil over. Although a statement by Tucker Carlson seems to be pointing in that direction...

He seems to be calling for a situation that could turn ugly in today's political climate, though I don't necessarily disagree.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Because many men today wear man buns, skinny jeans, and Broccoli haircuts dyed green and purple. I doubt they’d want to chip a fingernail. Tucker is correct.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The Biden administration should have it's DOJ rade Governor Abbott’s house and find something to indict him on. That will show Texas.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'd like to see Texas start deputizing anyone that wants to assist their efforts.

If they demonstrate legal protection from the Feds, I bet they could get thousands down there to help.

They need to show they're not going to let the FBI raid people's families at 4am.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   
If Biden can defy rulings from the Supreme Court why can't Abbot?

edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'd say this more than warrants militia activation. Overdue, to be honest.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: VariedcodeSole

Sure; why not? It's about time people got to see all of the advanced tech that's been hidden from us.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 07:19 PM
link   
"A republic, if you can keep it. " Clearly we didn't keep it and we lost it.

I got a feeling 2024 is going to be one of the biggest turning point for this country in a long while, if we make it to another election.

edit on 19131America/ChicagoTue, 23 Jan 2024 19:19:41 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

It will start a tit for tat cycle that will ultimately destroy the very fabric of this nation, what's left of it anyway.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

It would only take one trigger happy idiot to light this powder keg.

Abbott probably knows that and trying to avoid it if at all possible. This will play out in the courts till Jan 2025 and if Trump gets in, Abbott can relax. If Joe decides to use force, all bets are off as to how this works out.

Not good is my guess.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: VariedcodeSole

Sure; why not? It's about time people got to see all of the advanced tech that's been hidden from us.

Just stay away from all drones including small ones and hope that you can see them. Proceed with caution.

x.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

"I aim to misbehave."
-Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity".

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

"I aim to misbehave."
-Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity".

Lol. Excellent!

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 07:47 PM
link   
"bahda dah dah da... I'm love'n it.". - Ronald McDonald

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The lawless Biden Administration gave the Supreme Court the middle-finger after the Supreme Court told them to follow the "Remain in Mexico" Trump protocol.

From 2021. Biden came out the gate a criminal President: www.reuters.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead
"bahda dah dah da... I'm love'n it.". - Ronald McDonald

Provided in all kids meals for the safety of your children at all participating mostly peaceful democrat controlled cities.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Did they say Texas couldn't put it up, or the Feds could take it down? Not the same things.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 08:26 PM
link   
There may be NG from other States there too.

And, does the actual SCOTUS order specifically say TX can't lay new barb? 😀

CATCH22+3😃

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 09:02 PM
link   
A bunch of Nevada ranchers mounted on horses with only a handful of armed civilians drove back federal agents about ten years ago. Who are the feds going to find to sneak on over all roid raged and pick a fight with trained and armed nat guard troops??

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Brown people have access to bolt cutters. What's the point? They may kill some birds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join