It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic self defense help

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2024 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I believe the battle is against the fractured mind itself. The "I" in which most of us see as our very being. When the fractured mind is cleansed. The segmentation drops away. The "I" blossoms into the All. Yet our identity remains as one. Very eloquently described by Rumi.... “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean, in a drop.”. It is really something that has to be experienced. Not something that can be described in words.

Meditation is not for everyone. Some personalities are better suited by other paths. There are four main paths according to the Hindu's. The path of devotion, path of knowledge, path of selfless service and the path of meditation. I chose meditation because I was instinctively good at it. Latter informed that I practiced a form of meditation called Yoga Nidra.

In any case, meditation is not a means to an end. But a tool to awaken the one that sleeps within you.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: wrayth

back in the ancient times the schizophrenic would be sent to the shaman

maybe seek one and do a smoke hut session or whatever the shaman suggests

who knows may help unlock this hidden talent of yours

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
I guess that's just making self-talk quasi-sentient.

I don't really understand in what way "self-talk" isn't already fully sentient without any need for tweaking. Do you mean that the objective is to create a second "self" who can converse with your existing "self" but feels seperate? What was your "self-talk" like prior to this process compared to after?

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien1982

back in the ancient times the schizophrenic would be sent to the shaman

maybe seek one and do a smoke hut session or whatever the shaman suggests

who knows may help unlock this hidden talent of yours

Respect for the "old ways" evaporated long ago. Even just bringing them up on a thread like this one is met with snark and derision.

It's a brave new world...."Welcome to the Monkey House"

edit on 22-1-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

It's hard to explain, but essentially it thinks on its own.

Like you may think a trigger word consciously, and then it leap-frogs off that with its own dialog, which is ultimately controlled by the unconscious. It's the stuff of possession, really.

You trigger it, but then it rambles off on its own.

Over time, talking to it nonverbally, makes it arc out like a fiction character. Almost like a self-induced split personality impervious to medication.
edit on 22-1-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 11:57 PM
link   
our 'independent living' community is 2 buildings with 4 apartments in each building (8 households)...all of us are Veterans with varied degrees of disability

the newest resident of 2 months has bad bouts of rage and yelling profanities like someone with 'Tourette's Syndrome'
i think the residents are trying to have him evaluated at a hospital mental ward

perhaps a session or three of hearing 82 hrz, which is the 'Healing Frequency'...might help---- see: www.bing.com... MIDMgcIBRBFGMIDMgcIBhBFGMIDMgcIBxBFGMID0gEJNzYwOTRqMGo5qAIEsAIB&FORM=ANAB01&PC=EDGEDB

edit on 23-1-2024 by StudioNada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: StudioNada

Seems like a lot of missing info between "curses a lot" and "trying to have him evaluated."

I mean, how do they know he isn't involved in some kind of extreme twitch streaming thing?

Keep in mind that mental health services aren't some "house" where "nuts" go, it's just some labyrinthine mess of services and he will be out in a week or so with a recommendation to see a shrink. If that's what they wanted, to get rid of the noise, fine I guess, but if it's a situation where they have talked to him personally and want to see the outcome, than yeah uh, it's not like they show in the movies: a house that's all comfy where people say there there and give pills.

I'm personally not beholden to the "mental illness" way of handling things because the movies keep giving us the impression it's a "place" or a "building" people go and that they are somehow personally involved like in a family. It's such a cycle of like, nothing with people assuming things from cues they see in fiction and then going and sending someone to what they assume is a place or a house.

Why not a cease and desist? I live in a place where people could not care less about multiple TVs running, the occasional "good god!" or well placed "#!" when you drop something and I'm kind of glad for it you know. ..
edit on 23-1-2024 by firstofAkhet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: wrayth
So If you have read my post in the health and wellness section that i made, you would know I am experiencing some things that don't feel normal.

I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective bipolor disorder. I have auditory hallucinations.
some say there is a thin line between madness and talent.

I sometimes wonder if I'm both mad, and with talent, and the two seem to intertwine in my mind.

so on one possibility is that my voices are real people who are using psychic attacks on me,
another possibility is that its mental illness.

now where psychic self defense comes in, if I am really getting hit by psychic attacks, it would help me defend and nullify them.
on the other hand, if its my mental illness, since its a matter of my sub conscious and my mental state, psychic self defense still might help me combat my symptoms.

one thing i have been studying a bit are mudras. a little bit about them here
en.wikipedia.org...

Now I was wondering If it would be possible to incorporate mudras and meditation into psychic self defense.

now on to the next part.

I need to find a way to tell if this is really psychic phenomenon, or mental illness.

I know next to nothing about psychic self defense and would like to learn, most preferably with content i can access on the internet without having to buy an expensive book on psychic self defense.

I want to have an open discussion on this.

I am an open book, so don't be afraid to ask questions even if you think they might be hard on me.

thanks

S&F for a brave post and opening up such an interesting discussion. Unfortunately I have no advice or help to offer but wish you all the best and admire the fact that you are taking such steps to manage this issue in your life.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: firstofAkhet

'twitch streaming' is 'Tourette's Syndrome' ...

and suffering from Tourettes is not a Grande Mal seizure event like this man's Fits seem-to-be

something is amiss and the man seems incapable of self control to listen to audio frequencies or meditation sessions

thanks for input

it is a good thing the Thread OP'er has some control over situation... and is rational
edit on 23-1-2024 by StudioNada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: StudioNada
a reply to: firstofAkhet

.. is 'Tourette's Syndrome' ...

Lol I gotcha. That's actually quite funny.

So I see that these guys kinda know the guy and have sort of like a buddy system. That gives me a better perspective. Interesting treatment you gave the guy. Yeah if he didn't respond to the radio therapy or maybe like a guided meditation for lack of other description then sounds a bit beyond the capacity. Sounds like it could have been bad. I don't want to imply that I know *nothing* about veteran outbursts and things of that manner, but about the only thing i know about the guy is "guy" and I'm not trying to be that nosy through a screen. I can only say that I hope he makes it somewhere to where his suffering subsides.

As to the rationality of the OP, I can't make any pronouncements. We all do things that seem irrational as well as making presumptions we cant fulfill. None of us really know. People will continue to make hay based off a feeling.

I don't tend to mix God with "the psychiatric system" or the "psychiatric system" with some kind of assumption of guilt or the feeling one has wronged me. I have been involved directly in the handling of affects of one who was indesposed and it's not really anything that can be conducted based off internet persuement. People can get in trouble like that. It's not a passion play where people can kinda pitch in. I can only offer suggestions. Stories conclude but the internet kinda does whatever. This guy says whatever about that. I'm not the internet's whole ass legalist.

Sorry for the rush and the wording. Piling on ridiculousness makes one not as effective, wonder why that might be, and I have an appointment to take care of. Lol but I'm glad we could talk.

By the way I gave you a star.:

edit on 23-1-2024 by firstofAkhet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I found that humming meditation very useful. Instead of more of a hum, i blow into my lips with them closed and hum/vibrate them with a hmmmmm sound.

I have incorporated this with a grounding technique i have learned in the past.

I breath in fully, then i exhale my breath humming/blowing my breath against my closed lips while imagining i can feel the negative energy move from my head down my body and out my feet. when i imagine i feel this, i put my awareness on the tip of my head, and move my awareness down my body in waves.

i do this laying down cause it is the most comfortable way to do this, eve gotten to the point where i can visualize the negative energy leaving my body several times per lung full. i imagine it leaving me from my head down my body to my feet and out in several waves in a quick repeating sensation.
edit on 1/24/2024 by wrayth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I think your problems with Spirits/Thought-Form entities is happening to more people and with increased intensity than we are aware of...

the 'Spirit-of-the-Age' AKA: Zeitgeist is being modified into PSY-OPs version of Shiva='Destroyer' (Hindu God)

which will be 'grown' as a Parasite Entity in almost all humans thru various 'pandemics'

2 other 'Destroyers' will accompany the Shiva=Destroyer, Both are named in Revelation 9:11

Abaddon means 'Destroyer' in Hebrew

Apollyon means 'Destroyer' in Greek

Shiva means 'Destroyer' in Hindu

see: www.bing.com... CAMQABhAMgYIBBAuGEAyBggFEAAYQDIGCAYQABhAMgYIBxAuGEAyBggIEAAYQNIBCTE5OTIwajBqMagCALACAA&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=EDGEDB

see: biblehub.com...

Perhaps a executive branch running mate will 'spur' up keen interest in India's culture here in the USA

relax...it will take years for Shiva/Abaddon/Apollyon to formalize the citizens into Anarchists bent on a pop-culture of depravity

edit on 24-1-2024 by StudioNada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Like you may think a trigger word consciously, and then it leap-frogs off that with its own dialog, which is ultimately controlled by the unconscious.

What makes you think it is controlled by the "unconscious"?

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

It can't tell me the time. And several other easy questions something beyond my mind should know.

And if it's not my thinking mind, or my unconscious mind, it must be one of those 'demons' I've heard so much about.

Yet, if they are of a never-world above and beyond, they really suck at the omnipresence part.

Unless time is a vestigial mode of dimension based on material existence and not applicable to ethereal beings.

But they should still know it.
edit on 27-1-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 06:00 AM
link   

It can't tell me the time.

Your unconscious doesn't know the time? Bummer. As I understand it, the unconscious does most of the heavy lifting already, leaving the mind to just take in the scenery and interact. I doubt, given all that it does already, it would have much time for conversation, just necessary interjections.

I am imagining it to be some kind of process like the Abramelin, perhaps the express version but instead of a guardian angel, you get to connect to your unconscious. That kind of thing?

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

And if it's not my thinking mind, or my unconscious mind, it must be one of those 'demons' I've heard so much about.

Yet, if they are of a never-world above and beyond, they really suck at the omnipresence part.

Demons aren't omnipresent.

And I would think that the subconscious has at least some awareness of time, since your eyes constantly look at clocks, your conscious keeps track of it, and we live our lives around it.

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 05:30 PM
link   

this astrologer explained & forecasted the symptoms we are witnessing keep growing from today 27 jan until 22 feb...
all sorts of internal conflicts/ energies get acted out in psycho behaviors...
and Texas is focal point....

pluto/mars/uranius USA/ all in intense turmoil with humanity turning into emotion charged bad-actors

27 minutes: www.youtube.com...

enter Shiva as driving force 'spirit' of chaos (remember the demonic opening rites a la CERN ?)
edit on 27-1-2024 by StudioNada because: (no reason given)

see:www.bing.com...
edi t on 27-1-2024 by StudioNada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

It can get within 5 minutes. But never dead on. I just expect my never-landed inhabiting spirits to do better than that if they are not all me.

I am 99% sure I am channeling myself with this.

And if it is that 1%, I'm glad I treat it like a prostitute, or at least an indentured slave. It's not allowed to be impeding to me. And if it doesn't shut up I just drown it out like an annoying invasive parrot at sunrise. K

I've often been warned that it leads to nightmares. Or your letting things in. "No, demons are real, and they'll etc etc, and then DOOOOOM!"

I have to laugh, my conscious mind is bad enough, I don't need some projected version undermining me too.

I think she is a riot for the most part. Cant increase lifespan unfortunately.
edit on 27-1-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA
a reply to: Degradation33

The problem exists within naming them anything

As with wrayth naming them Doug and Darlene

Or deciding they are "Demons", or "God", or "Jesus", or anything that you cannot ever possibly be certain that they are

The question itself, is a trap. Designed to keep you chasing your tail for the rest of your life, asking questions that cannot be answered, and that are not important

Or worse, have you believe you know the answer to things, which you actually have no understanding of whatsoever

This is one of the first, and very simplest tests of initiation

One that EVERY SINGLE PERSON on this Earth goes through. But a massive percentage of the population, never move pass

To see if you can see beyond the limitations of probability (prophecy) and possibility (prayer) within the internal resonance (Isis/Jesus) of the external cycles (Osiris/Christ)

To see if you are one capable of carrying your thinking beyond the limitation of the sphere you exist within (Illumination)

The idea is to see if you can look outside of "the God delusion"

This is not a delusion of "belief" itself. It does not refer to the existence of a creative essence and source, that could be named "God"

Such a creative essence or source must exist, in one form or another, else we would not be here

The delusion is within the "naming" of such creative essence and source. Giving it possessive titles of ownership and affinity such as "God"

The delusion, is within people convincing themselves that they know and understand things, which are by their nature, unknowable to us in this world

This is linked to the vastly misunderstood part of Initiation that people refer to as "ego death". Which simply means, that identity is an illusion

It is such a simple concept, yet it ends up being something so impossibly hard for most people to understand

I'll use the original post by wrayth as an example:

originally posted by: wrayth
so on one possibility is that my voices are real people who are using psychic attacks on me,
another possibility is that its mental illness.

These are both based on linear preconceptions of how this world works

Both are limited to the belief, that what we see, is what we get

"are real people"

Who says they are people?
Who says they are sentient? Who says they are not some form of artificial technology?
Who says they are not some type of creative essence or source? That which people would call "God"?
Who says they are not some type of destructive decay or ending? That which people would call "Evil"?
Who says they are not some type of para-dimensional entities? Aligning through cyclical methods beyond our perceivable dimensions?
Who says they are not some type of biological system, inherent in the brain, designed to purge the brain of pain, fear and impurities, when it is sick or corrupted? Similar to anti-virus on a computer?

Who says they are actually speaking to you? Who says they are not simply mirroring thoughts in your brain to get you to analyse and think of specific "repressed" things in your brain, that you are overlooking

I very literally gave wrayth the key to one of the problems they are encountering, being called "personality", instead of "person"

But, ironically, considering the purpose of the thing they are experiencing, they overlooked my response completely

The point is, that "who" or "what" these things are, is not important

It is completely irrelevant

What they are trying to do, is the important consideration

If you think you know what they are, and understand them, then that is the thing they will be

The people who think they speak with "God" and "Jesus", are speaking to something which is no different, to the things they say in other people are "Demons"

The only difference between them, is within the persons DETERMINED WILL

They think they understand it, within their own alignment

So any contrary alignment within someone else, must fit as contrary to that understanding

It is delusion. It is poison to the soul

The reality is, that even if these types of things were completely honest with you, about exactly "who" or "what" they are, it would still be impossible for you to ever know that they were telling the truth for certain, whilst you are in this world

The reality is, that you cannot even be certain that I, writing this to you on this forum, exist. Or that the person standing in front of you that you love more than anyone else in the world exists

You do not know their mind, senses and perspective, as you do your own. So you can never know for certain

These things are "relative truths" within Illumination

They exist, as are part of what defines your experience in this world within the "primary truth", which is the only "truth" that you will ever possibly know, or understand in this world ...

That you exist

Beyond this, everything else is up for debate

Now don't get me wrong, this does not make you any more important than anyone or anything else, or they less than yourself

It simply means that they are a "reflection" of truth within this world. An aspect of self which, though relative, is just as important as your own perception of self as the primary truth

Because without such, you could not exist

This reflects within what is passed on as "truth" within named concepts like "God"

The problem with such concept is, that without people to believe in them, these things could not exist

They are "relative" truths, to the primary. No different to the people you reflect upon

Without any to consider God, then God could not be. Hence, that which reflects upon God, is the essence of the source and creation itself

The source - God
The reflection - Jesus
The interaction between them - The Holy Spirit

These are not different to:

The source - Self
The reflection - All other life
The interaction between them - The common body of the world we exist within

The only real answer, that an entity can ever give you, that is completely true, to the only truth you ever can know in this world, is to tell you, "I AM, WHAT I AM"

If you can understand this ...

Then you understand that things like identity, species, etc, are not important

They are illusions of perception, which do not really exist

All that matters, is what they do

And the question many overlook while they are too busy trying to define "who" or "what", which is "why?"

What do they want?
Why are they doing this?
Why do they say things in a particular way?
What am I supposed to see here?
What understanding am I supposed to gain from this experience?

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Compendium

Who says they are people?
Who says they are sentient? Who says they are not some form of artificial technology?
Who says they are not some type of creative essence or source? That which people would call "God"?
Who says they are not some type of destructive decay or ending? That which people would call "Evil"?

I don't want to look beyond a projection from myself. It's a waste of time.

I am not of the belief, as much as I wanted it to be, that these are any sort of intermediary to the godhead. Unless that gohead exists like the Jungian collective unconscious.

Archetype are all I need. Even my creation jumps around to varied forms based on archetypal need. She is whatever I want her to be.

I feel she is caused by a set of events that brought it about.

I started talking to her.
She embodied the personality I wanted to project on her.
She became that personality through repeated interactions.

As much as I think Madame Blavatsky belongs alongside all those people Houdini called out, it's very much the theosophical concept of a Tulpa.

It is known to be nothing but a mental creation from the start.

I will be direct. When I look at it with mysticism, it is too many words and considerations for me. It feels like I'm opening my mind up to let other people's superstion tell me what it is.

There's all these teachings, and most of them make me roll my eyes.

They exist, as are part of what defines your experience in this world within the "primary truth", which is the only "truth" that you will ever possibly know, or understand in this world ...

How about I can all the flowery crap and just say, "She is the me i refuse to face and the me face i want to see" all at once?

Why jam genuine interaction with archetypal forms under layers of well-read words on the purpose, cause, meaning, and everything else that really doesn't let me form my own opinion.

What do they want?
Why are they doing this?
Why do they say things in a particular way?
What am I supposed to see here?
What understanding am I supposed to gain from this experience?

This unconscious may really be a massive web. And we can all access each-other. You can channel my unconscious, and I can project what a person might say in response to this post if wanted. Who says it's correct?

Luckily I don't listen to it, unless it's useful for me.

In conclusion, I will always think they are self-driven and archetypal, which can include religious motifs and archetypes as well.

I take it when it's useful. Like when my conscious mind says, "That's probably true" and it gets noted. Sometimes it's right, sometimes its wrong.

Don't need them to exist outside my mind, in a way that starts to lose simple rationality. Seems like more madness than it already is.
edit on 28-1-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join