It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US and UK Begin Attack on Yemen--Reuters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 07:44 PM
link   
but hey no more mean tweets...

so glad millions voted on emotion, that certainly made the world a better place.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Oil prices rising steadily now.
More $$$ for Russia and Iran.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Has the White House issued a statement?

HAs anyone in the administration said anything?

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes. Biden's people released a statement attributed to Biden about 45 minutes ago.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

Yes. Biden's people released a statement attributed to Biden about 45 minutes ago.

If it didn't talk about how Biden grew up in Yemen then it wasn't by him.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Has the White House issued a statement?

HAs anyone in the administration said anything?

Theres a lid sir.

Pfffft.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 08:03 PM
link   

The WH states it holds Iran, the Houthis and white supremacy responsible.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 08:09 PM
link   
So, no one, literally no one in any of the countries now embroiled in this mess has asked their populations if this is what they want. Not even a hint of clarity, just rich men meeting in secret rooms.

There's never, EVER money to enhance domestic social spending, but there's always a few trillion for another war.

Seriously. Democracy is completely dead, there's an elite class just doing what they want. Does America even have a SECDEF yet? Or is he still AWOL? Lol.

It seems the elite are just going to let their game play now - the common man are their pawns. Literally no population is being briefed, no one is voting for anything, there's zero resistance and yet there's more war than ever.

Something is seriously wrong. A deep darkness had descended on this Earth.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Estimate of What's Really Happening from a Smart "Regular" Guy...

YEMEN – As the U.S. and “coalition partners” begin military engagement against the Houthi rebels, no one in Western media will draw contrast that the State Dept earlier sent another $444 million via USAID (a CIA front group) to Yemen. Factually, the U.S. has spent $5.4 billion, yes that’s with a “b”, in Yemen through the State Dept [link].

We are now going to begin military operations against elements within Yemen as part of something called “Operation Prosperity Guardian,” a new international effort deal with Houthi threats.” As this war front is initiated, ask yourself what we spent $5.4 billion to achieve in Yemen, if we are now forced to use the U.S. military.

Given the scale of dedicated U.S. naval and air military resources in the region, direct engagement with Yemeni “terrorists” was always certain. This will expand the overall conflict zone and pull the U.S. into ancillary combat missions.

Please pay no attention to the State Dept/CIA assets on the ground in Yemen who are likely coordinating the appearance of direct targeting from the “terrorists.” Yeah, we do that.

As a result of the USA (and any ally stupid enough to believe the effort) shadowboxing ourselves in Yemen, Iran and the various proxies will likely not respond there.

However, U.S. military personnel deployed in Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq will likely come under fire.
theconservativetreehouse.com...-254699

BIDEN protecting himself from impeachment by timid/squirrely Republicans?

edit on 1112024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

It's all about US politics don't you know?

I'm a left leaning Brit and I think Israel has the right to destroy Hamas. they have the right to destroy Houthi rebels given their dying support of Hamas. This could spiral out of control but at the end of the day I've got little to no sympathy for people who have absolutely no respect for a civilised discourse. May they die like the animals they aspire to be.

I don't want war but the consequences of doing nothing equals a worse economy and a lack of stability. Seems all people care about is money and immigrants/refugees. Rise up? Oh djz3ro didn't you realise the people are stressed and tired? That's a whole lot of effort for very little reward. A revolution today would be akin to Humpty Dumpty dancing a waltz on his infamous wall.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

I feel the dialog would be along these lines from the Western perspective.

"Okay, so we are all agreed, we can all do this if at least one Arab country takes part. We have Bahrain? Sweet. Take out Iran's proxy drones."
edit on 11-1-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Didn’t you make a thread incorrectly stating Iran captured a US tanker? Then after getting called out you still complained the US wouldn’t do anything about it.

Now you’re upset the US is hitting Irans proxy.

What outcome did you want here?

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Didn’t you make a thread incorrectly stating Iran captured a US tanker? Then after getting called out you still complained the US wouldn’t do anything about it.

Now you’re upset the US is hitting Irans proxy.

What outcome did you want here?

I'm pleased the US did something about it.
It is way overdue.
Doesn't alter the fact that oil prices will rise as a result of it.

Your point here?

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Shouldn't Leftists be calling for a ceasefire about now?

Nah. Lefties only care about brown and other color people insofar as they are useful in pushing an agenda.

You know, like how black people are supposedly too stupid and poor to get state ID cards. That kind of thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

but hey no more mean tweets...
so glad millions voted on emotion, that certainly made the world a better place.

The mean tweets were funny AF, but not as hilarious as all the bitching and moaning he's been doing since losing 2020.

On to the topic. Let's strike the Houthi's into extinction.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Futures closed up 2%, though that was before the strikes.

I wouldn’t be surprised if oil prices actually drop after the strikes considering very little traffic was going through this strait anyways prior. Now there’s actually a sign of hitting the source of instability.

Even if prices do go up, I doubt it will be by much considering most traffic has already avoided the area.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 08:36 PM
link   

The WH states it holds Iran, the Houthis and white supremacy responsible.

MAGA Houthis!

*shakes an angry fist*

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990
Oh how I wish you weren't right

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 08:47 PM
link   

So...Biden stripped Houthis of 'terrorist' designation in 2021.

Specifically done to appease Iran.

Hopefully this is the start of a reverse in course.

I doubt it, but like I said in the other thread, I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I wouldn’t be surprised if oil prices actually drop after the strikes considering very little traffic was going through this strait anyways prior. Now there’s actually a sign of hitting the source of instability.

It's naïve that you think this limited strike is the end of turmoil and instability in the region.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join