It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran seizes oil tanker involved in US-Iran dispute in Gulf of Oman

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   

edit on Thu Jan 11 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise
a reply to: CarlLaFong

From your link it does not seem to be a US tanker.

Eh, such a minor detail shouldn’t stop the hyperbole.

Facts rarely do here.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

ALL of this would never have happened...if Iran and the rest of the world didn't see the US President as the weak and incompetent joke that he is.

That might be true but it would be small minded to think that means the US Navy won't fire back or even strike first.

It's not just the US who wants to slap them about for messing with the spice flow either.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   
SPAM Removed
edit on 11-1-2024 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   
U.S. Calls For Iran To ‘Immediately Release’ Seized Tanker And Crew

The U.S. demanded Iran “immediately release” an oil tanker seized by the Iranian military off the coast of Oman on Thursday—a move the Islamic Republic said was retaliation for U.S. seizures of Iranian oil shipments last year.

Source

Well, they've said something. Now will they follow it up with action?

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bishop2199

So 1st the HAMAS strike on Israel then we send our ships to protect any and all oil tankers and this just happens?

I wonder if our guys wanted this to happen rather sooner than later.

Possibly the 13 million were let in to clean up the rubble from blown up USA cities after someone gos NUKE. I will have to check Commerce Business Daily to see if any USA bids are out for brooms, shovels, etc.

OH MY
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mechtech87

Why would the US do anything? It's not our government property...

Why is the US spending all this money protecting shipping lanes when there are alternatives?

It's all a big show because the rich are losing some money.

I'm not sure why anyone here thinks the US should respond to every action around the globe...the US can't feed it's kids or provide adequate health care to it's citizens, but sure, Biden or Trump should be throwing our money down the toilet protecting the profits of corporations. But yeah, it's Biden's fault...mmmhmm, like the orange man would do anything different.

Like it or not, most of the world still runs on oil, and a significant portion of the world's oil comes from that region.

Even if you don't own a gas-powered car, products and services that depend on oil are still a huge part of your life. You would be severely impacted if global oil supply was disrupted.

But keep checking under your bed and in your closet for that boogeyman, The Rich. Yes, they're behind everything.
Narrow-minded in the extreme.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   
looks like things may actaully be about to change for the Houthis-The UK PM is having a rushed evening meeting with the whole cabinet in 15 minutes-maybe to announce retaliation strikes is what is being speculated-

Rishi Sunak is taking the unusual step of holding a full cabinet call this evening.
It is thought the call will take place at around 7.45pm.
Ministers believe the call is about UK and US military strikes against the Houthis in Yemen.

news.sky.com...

If the meeting is that urgent-then Rishi may have been told that the US are about to retaliate and that we in the UK are joing in with the deal.Maybe other countries are invlved as well due to the shipping route being so important to western trade.

EDIT-interesting-the Pentagon is giving a news conference --at the very same time!

edit on 11-1-2024 by onestonemonkey because: sp

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey

Whilst I would support strikes against those responsible for these acts of piracy and terrorism we must make sure we avoid the mistakes we've made in the past and resist every attempt to get us embroiled in yet another Middle-Eastern conflict.
We do not want another Iraq or Afghanistan.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   

My sources tell me that in response, Biden will release another Russian arms dealer.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My sources tell me that in response, Biden will release another Russian arms dealer.

After, of course, giving him free healthcare and paying off his student loan at Moscow U.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: onestonemonkey
looks like things may actaully be about to change for the Houthis-The UK PM is having a rushed evening meeting with the whole cabinet in 15 minutes-maybe to announce retaliation strikes is what is being speculated-

Rishi Sunak is taking the unusual step of holding a full cabinet call this evening.
It is thought the call will take place at around 7.45pm.
Ministers believe the call is about UK and US military strikes against the Houthis in Yemen.

news.sky.com...

If the meeting is that urgent-then Rishi may have been told that the US are about to retaliate and that we in the UK are joing in with the deal.Maybe other countries are invlved as well due to the shipping route being so important to western trade.

EDIT-interesting-the Pentagon is giving a news conference --at the very same time!

The rest of the news is interesting but the Pentagon gives an almost daily press briefing around that time, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: onestonemonkey

Whilst I would support strikes against those responsible for these acts of piracy and terrorism we must make sure we avoid the mistakes we've made in the past and resist every attempt to get us embroiled in yet another Middle-Eastern conflict.
We do not want another Iraq or Afghanistan.

Totally agree. That's the thing though, we could be doing a lot more than we are now without getting into another Iraq or Afghanistan.

There's a lot of middle ground between
1. virtually nothing, which is what we're doing now
2. invasion

Those aren't the only options.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

You've sailed a couple of strike groups into range and your secretary of state is busy. It doesn't seem like nothing to me.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

You've sailed a couple of strike groups into range

They've been over there for a while

and your secretary of state is busy.

on his fourth trip since the war started in October.

I see nothing to indicate Biden is about to grow a spine and do anything but more token strikes, carefully coordinated with Iran to not escalate the situation.

Maybe I'm wrong though, and he'll bomb some aid workers like he did in Afghanistan when he got tired of looking weak.
edit on 11-1-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Seems US UK military action is imminent:

BBC News - PM briefs cabinet as UK and US weigh action against Houthis - BBC News
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

Yes from the US. As in oil we were selling them...however until delivered its not Turkey's oil yet. Hence them siezing it from the US.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

Yes from the US. As in oil we were selling them...however until delivered its not Turkey's oil yet. Hence them siezing it from the US.

It was oil from Iraq, going to Turkey, on an Greek owned boat, registered in the Marshal Islands. The linked article, nor others I have read, made no reference to US ownership.

I am sure there will be some US involvement somewhere but I haven't seen anything to say it is US oil.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The Houthis have responded to talk of action by the US/UK etc-

Abdulsalam Jahaf, a member of the group's security council, said any potential action by Washington or London would not distract them from their aims.
"Do the Americans, the British, and the Zionists expect that any hostile action against Yemen will distract us from defending Gaza?" he wrote on social media.
"We will confront America, kneel it down, and burn its battleships and all its bases and everyone who cooperates with it, no matter what the cost."

news.sky.com...

Good luck with that you delusional Chumps!
Mr Jahaf should lay off the qat chewing before making comments.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 05:08 PM
link   
"its just good business"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join