It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu offers three 'prerequisites' for ending conflict in Gaza

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yeah ... well ... I don't think he's going to get all three of his prerequisites for peace with Gaza.

1 - Hamas must be destroyed. Okay. He could get that. It would require some fancy maneuvering since Iran is backing Hamas. And Hamas is supported by 75% of the 'Palestinians' so they would have to support a new government. But considering what Hamas has put them through, it could happen.

2 - Gaza must be demilitarized. Okay. He could get that. Get the weapons out. Secure the borders. Inspections of borders to get rid of smuggling tunnels. That could happen.

3 - Palestinian society must be deradicalized. Yeah .. that I can't see. It's in the very nature of Islam to hate the Jews and want them dead. They don't want a two state solution. No matter what Israel does or doesn't do, I have a hard time seeing 'deradicalization' happen. (and no, Israel going after Hamas in Gaza hasn't made things worse. They were already 'worse')

How could 'deradicalization' even be monitored? The UN runs relief agencies in Gaza and they are overrun with Hamas and 'radicalized' agendas. Trump stopped funding them while he was in. Biden restored the funding even though the aid money was ending up in Hamas hands and ended up paying for Hamas teachers in the schools etc etc. How do you monitor the schools and the Imams and the Mosques etc etc? It would have to be an occupying presence. Israel couldn't do it. The UN would be pulled in but they are worse than useless. I don't see how it could be done.

I have no idea if Netanyahu is a good leader for Israel or not, and no idea if his 'prerequisites' will work out . Only time will answer that.

Netanyahu offers three 'prerequisites' for ending conflict in Gaza

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu published a letter in the Wall Street Journal on Christmas Day offering three stipulations to accepting a peace deal. "Hamas must be destroyed, Gaza must be demilitarized, and Palestinian society must be deradicalized," Netanyahu wrote in the editorial. "These are the three prerequisites for peace between Israel and its Palestinian neighbors in Gaza."

Regarding the demand that Gaza be "demilitarized," the prime minister said that Israel must be sufficiently sure the region cannot be used as a base for any future attack.

"Among other things, this will require establishing a temporary security zone on the perimeter of Gaza and an inspection mechanism on the border between Gaza and Egypt that meets Israel’s security needs and prevents smuggling of weapons into the territory," Netanyahu wrote.

"Schools must teach children to cherish life rather than death, and imams must cease to preach for the murder of Jews," he said of proposed deradicalization in Gaza. "Palestinian civil society needs to be transformed so that its people support fighting terrorism rather than funding it. That will likely require courageous and moral leadership."

edit on 12/26/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So..they own it?

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Palestinian society must be deradicalized.

Well the De-radicalization kinda goes hand in hand with the first two mate.

If he can get the first two then he'll have the third naturally, well at least in my opinion though it will take at-least a generation to make it happen.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I don't know. Maybe. That third one seems awfully hard to do. It would be fighting basic Islamic beliefs and prejudices ... and how to implement it? I don't know ...

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Israelis overwhelmingly are confident in the justice of the Gaza war, even as world sentiment sours

That is the only prerequisite for continued Israeli operations in Gaza. And it's opposite will be the only prerequisite for ending the conflict in Gaza.

The world should have corrected the problems in Gaza a long time ago if they really cared about dealing with these terrorists in a more humane way.
edit on 26-12-2023 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   

From what I can gather he wants to get all the residents of Gaza emigrated out. So he can take the place over. About two million people will be resettled, which aint gonna happen.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Netanyahu is talking nonsense. He is saying he won't stop and is asking for things that are not real in order to stop.

How do you deradicalize people by killing tens of thousands of them and their children? He is just making more enemies.

Here is how many Palestinians have been killed so far: Over 20,400 killed and 2.3 million of refugees with thier homes gone.

Here is how many Israelis were killed in October and since:

The final death toll from the attack is now thought to be 695 Israeli civilians, including 36 children, as well as 373 security forces and 71 foreigners, giving a total of 1,139.

This excludes five people, among them four Israelis, still listed as missing by the prime minister's office.

Here

Additionally a 154 IDF soldiers have been killed in the war. Here

So on October 7, the terrorist attack killed around 700 Israeli citizens and 450 foreign workers and security. With the IDF soldiers killed in the war, Israel lost about 850 people. Maybe a 1000. Palestinians lost over 20400. 70% women and children.

Israel needs to be deradicalized. Netanyahu is out of his mind.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   

4, Return all the hostages.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   
5 - Rebuild or else.

ETA: It's a perfect opportunity to Build Back Better!

edit on 26-12-2023 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DingbatNYer
So..they own it?

Deradicalize = occupation and social engineering

The alternative is Hamas respawns again, and again, and again. Like a hydra beast. Or genital herpes.

edit on 26-12-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

At this point the hostages are a bargaining chip. Stop giving them the power to bargain. If fifty Hamas die for every hostage I consider that fair trade, particularly when shooting hostages is apparently no big deal.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Do u know how we can tell that's not a priority for Netanyahu?

He didn't even mention it as a prerequisite. You did. It's not even on his mind any more.

Do u know how else we can tell he has no hope the hostages are still alive?

He flooded the tunnels with sea water. That's where the hostages are being kept, we were told.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Israel needs an enemy, so they can beat and take, it sounds so familiar it's a cliche it is almost like it is a general gathering trend. The high-tech armies can't get into a guerrilla war as it would equal the playing field, so the only alternative is to blow up an area and forget about the collateral damage. This all comes from the top and tells us the morality that they have for innocent human life is zero. But all it does is denigrate the human presence on this planet for the benefit of a few individuals. Eventually, this will develop into a larger conflict tying up resources and benefitting nobody.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Also, if you read my link from France24, the Israeli PM only lists 5 people as still missing. 4 Israelis.

Those are the remaining hostages missing. The PM has their names. There are no other names of poeple missing.

Netanyahu presumes they are dead or its acceptable collateral damage.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 12:46 AM
link   
You wouldn't have had to worry about the first two if Israel had concentrated on the third.

You don't deradicalize someone by bombing housing, hospitals, and schools.

In fact, it has the exact opposite effect.

They know people aren't going to be deradicalized-

This will an excuse to stop free speech, control press, stop outside observers and stop any public complaints about Israel's treatment.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Think I figured it out with a little searching. 5 hostages found dead in the tunnels on Christmas eve. Here

Coincidentally the PM Netanyahu's website removed the last 5 missing names off his website since then. I can't find any more names of missing hostages on his website. I did a few searches and cant find anything. Here

Can anyone do a search on Netanyahu's website and find any names for still missing? I think the five bodies found days ago are the last five they had on there.

That woud explain why he doesnt talk about returning hostages any more.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Condition number three is at least a generation away.

First thing that has to happen is the kindergarten murder mills need to be shut down.

If you’ve seen their kindergarten videos from 2007 then you saw the results of that education on October 7th.

They still teach the same curriculum.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SharpyMoyron
Here is how many Palestinians have been killed so far: Over 20,400

... says Hamas. We don't know how many have actually been killed.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2v2
You don't deradicalize someone by bombing housing, hospitals, and schools.
In fact, it has the exact opposite effect.

That is where Hamas has been storing weapons and shooting rockets from and having their terrorist headquartered. Hamas made them legitimate targets. And Israel hitting them isn't going to radicalize Palestinians. They were already radicalized. They already have been chanting for genocide of the Jews and trying to make it happen. So Israel playing nice with them after Oct 7 wasn't going to do anything except give Hamas more power.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I think his real 3 step agenda is
1. Indiscriminately murder as many Palestinians as possible
2. Ensure there is not a single building left in Gaza for the people to inhabit
3. Annex the land to build towards a greater Israel project (Jordan next)

You can't bomb and entire civilian populace and expect the few who remain to be "deradicalized" it'll have the polar opposite effect not just on Gaza but on 2Bn Muslims who see their brothers and sisters being slaughtered like animals.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join