It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old member coming back. Decided I wanted a new name and fresh start here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hey all! I'm an old-time member returning after that debacle a few weeks ago. Some of you might remember my old account it had a T-Rex in the picture.

I look forward to receiving my news on ATS and contributing to the conversation again.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MemeLord

Not that my opinion matters, but I’m going to state it anyways.

What happened in October sucked a big fat one. We’ve lost (an estimation) well over 75% of our users.

For the ones that actually are returning, and ditching their old handle for a new one —it is adding to the confusion of all the mess. Adding another layer of disconnection.

I hope ATS can recover. I’m not very confident though, and I think this will be one of the reasons it doesn’t. It was always about the community. If everyone in a community ditched / hid their identity - how close would that community be?

I’m not coming down on you. This is just my observations. I also understand why you want to start fresh. I just don’t believe it’s good for the longevity of the site, if that even matters anymore….

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

We’ve lost (an estimation) well over 75% of our users.

That may have been a plan 😀

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Forums everywhere seem to be infiltrated...
Welcome back

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: WingDingLuey
a reply to: KKLOCO

We’ve lost (an estimation) well over 75% of our users.

That may have been a plan 😀

If it was, it worked. This place is a shell of a shell of a shell.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MemeLord
Hey all! I'm an old-time member returning after that debacle a few weeks ago. Some of you might remember my old account it had a T-Rex in the picture.

I look forward to receiving my news on ATS and contributing to the conversation again.

Welcome back and taking on a fresh new name can be a good idea because if members' got the wrong end of the stick about someone and judged too quickly, a new name forces members to take each new person at post value and not from some discriminatory old grudge which may have been an accidental miscommunication or misunderstanding, which happens often here because....online anon - can't mind read.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Welcome to MemeLord!

And to the ATSers...please let's play nice

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Yes, but when you know the poster, you can understand the nuance. When you pretend you are a noob, then claim "I've been here for over 10 years", but your account is only a week old and you won't tell who you were, the only logical answer is you were banned for being, well, you know.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Welcome back!

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Yes, but when you know the poster, you can understand the nuance. When you pretend you are a noob, then claim "I've been here for over 10 years", but your account is only a week old and you won't tell who you were, the only logical answer is you were banned for being, well, you know.

That's kind of presumptious don't you think? Ever thought that it is simply none of your business and they're in no way beholden to your standards?

Besides, people are capable of learning from their mistakes and it is my experience that ATS allows them to do that.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis

originally posted by: network dude

That's kind of presumptious don't you think? Ever thought that it is simply none of your business and they're in no way beholden to your standards?

Besides, people are capable of learning from their mistakes and it is my experience that ATS allows them to do that.

Absolutely correct. Let people have a new dawn if they have learned from their mistakes.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

“Besides, people are capable of learning from their mistakes and it is my experience that ATS allows them to do that.”

Part of learning from your mistakes is having accountability and admitting when you’re wrong.

You know, that thing called humility.

Or you can just make a new account and act like nothing happened.

I’ve said a lot of dumb things on here. Yet, here I am.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Absolutely correct. Let people have a new dawn if they have learned from their mistakes.

I don't even mind if they haven't, lol, but then I like life spicey in all it's variety

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis

I don't even mind if they haven't, lol, but then I like life spicey in all it's variety

Well, if they didn't learn then they might be identifiable by their posting behaviour so they can then expect the same treatment. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Well, if they didn't learn then they might be identifiable by their posting behaviour so they can then expect the same treatment. Just saying.

And fair enough but I am sure that they learn fairly quickly that that is a risk they run, if it is worth it to them, fair play and that's between them and the MODs IMO.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MemeLord

Glad you're back. After the chaos and mess that occurred last month, let's just start brand new. This place is amazing, but so tired and worn out - lacking so many wonderful past posters and subjects.

Everyone can learn from their mistakes, and after what's going on in the world is it really such a big deal? Within reason of course (as per other comments on this post).

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MemeLord

Welcome back!

That right there is exactly the reason why I post and re-post news here on ATS. I don't think anyone should "get their news" from ATS, this should be a daily stop on a long list of reading.

But I know there are some that get their news exclusively from here.

That is why I post here too -- because they would never see some stuff that's going on, that never gets posted here.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Glad ATS hasn't changed. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but none of that matters to me. I wanted a fresh handle so I got one. It's not like my politics are going to change with the name.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join