It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old member coming back. Decided I wanted a new name and fresh start here

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

“Besides, people are capable of learning from their mistakes and it is my experience that ATS allows them to do that.”

Part of learning from your mistakes is having accountability and admitting when you’re wrong.

You know, that thing called humility.

Or you can just make a new account and act like nothing happened.

I’ve said a lot of dumb things on here. Yet, here I am.

Off topic but your avatar is dope and I can't stop looking at it. If you didn't already know, you do now.

Also welcome to the lord of memes, long may they feign.

edit on 10-12-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

“Besides, people are capable of learning from their mistakes and it is my experience that ATS allows them to do that.”

Part of learning from your mistakes is having accountability and admitting when you’re wrong.

Off topic but your avatar is dope and I can't stop looking at it. If you didn't already know, you do now.

Also welcome to the lord of memes, long may they feign.

Oh you’re going to love this then:

beta.digitalblasphemy.com...

There’s thousands like it on there.

That’s where I got it. Found that pic over 20 years ago and have always loved it.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Oh my, how titillating. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You inspired me. I just re-registered again today after Many years of abandoning my last profile and just watching ats without logging in.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   

PM4U

(post by BehindYou removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 05:44 AM
link   

As bannings are not publically discussed how would I know what they did to get banned and therefore the "wrong" that they are supposed to admit to? I don't assume that the lesson that they may be trying to learn is how not to get banned, it may simply be the by-product. And frankly, it's no skin off my nose, as I said, between them and the MODs.

Look, you clearly think you're a stand up kind of person, and that's great, I have no reason to doubt that you are, but we're not all you. We all have different standards, different expectations, different things that satisfy and dissatify us. Different ways of doing, learning and experiencing. I simply don't feel the need to presume to know why people do what they do or that it is my job to restrain them if they break whatever rule they are supposed to have broken. I don't know the rules beyond what I need to know and generally know when I am breaking those before I choose to do so. I have my reasons, it seems fair to assume in this instance, that others have their's too - I just don't presume to know those reasons.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MemeLord
Hey all! I'm an old-time member returning after that debacle a few weeks ago. Some of you might remember my old account it had a T-Rex in the picture.

I look forward to receiving my news on ATS and contributing to the conversation again.

Hello and welcome back!
edit on 11-12-2023 by Armageddon17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 06:20 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

PM4U

Back at ya.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis

As bannings are not publically discussed how would I know what they did to get banned and therefore the "wrong" that they are supposed to admit to? I don't assume that the lesson that they may be trying to learn is how not to get banned, it may simply be the by-product. And frankly, it's no skin off my nose, as I said, between them and the MODs.

Look, you clearly think you're a stand up kind of person, and that's great, I have no reason to doubt that you are, but we're not all you. We all have different standards, different expectations, different things that satisfy and dissatify us. Different ways of doing, learning and experiencing. I simply don't feel the need to presume to know why people do what they do or that it is my job to restrain them if they break whatever rule they are supposed to have broken. I don't know the rules beyond what I need to know and generally know when I am breaking those before I choose to do so. I have my reasons, it seems fair to assume in this instance, that others have their's too - I just don't presume to know those reasons.

Where did I mention anything about banned members? Since you bring it up, I can think of hundreds of banned member that I wish would return. Many of them deserve a second chance.

My point was about changing your profile name when it’s unnecessary. It creates confusion and distrust amongst the community. Think impersonal.

MODs gave a pass to allow it. So there’s really nothing left to discuss. I was just giving my two cents on how I perceive it. And I’m sure I’m not alone.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I am not able to find the new thread button.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I agree with you changing your name, i did the same thing when ATS was commdered (spelling) Welcome MemeLord

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 05:46 AM
link   

My point was about changing your profile name when it’s unnecessary. It creates confusion and distrust amongst the community. Think impersonal.

I usually do

So, you think changing your username is "wrong" and they should be held "accountable", that to do otherwise lacks "humility"? And that is because you're easily confused and have trust issues?

Did I understand you this time?

MODs gave a pass to allow it.

It's my understanding that it has always been permitted.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Happened to me. The account got hacked and I'm back on with a new name but with some similarities in it. The deep state can suck it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join