It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trauma-based programming within current content

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: fireslinger369

I haven't seen it, but does it per chance trigger some trauma you had from your own family?

Those things only work if you let it get to you, personal traumas can be used for easy inception.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Actually no, haven't had a divorce in my immediate family.

To clarify a bit more, content these days is more visceral, intense. The intention feels malicious, like it's designed to inflict harm, and keep the viewer in a passive / depressed state. Concepts are skewed, to fit whichever identity politics are being pushed. It's pretty insidious. In Marriage Story for ex. Laura Dern (who I thought was further outside the programming sphere) emotionally monologues how the mother needs to be like the virgin Mary... Held to an unrealistically perfect ideal. But the father is almost expected to be flawed. She goes on about where was the father when Jesus died, and how the mother was the one holding his dead body, while the father sat in heaven.

I mean, wow. Brainwashing much?

My main point is, programming has always been around, that's why they openly call it programming. But the 1990s and before (even some early-mid 2000s) had a lighter feel. It was done more tactfully, which actually might make it more dangerous. But most people are so blind these days, that they can't even see this newer in-your-face style that has evolved.
edit on 7-12-2023 by fireslinger369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Are you going trough emotional turmoil? You seem emotionally too invested for it to be a rational approach to the technology you're adressing...

Maybe it's just that you struggle with diffrent concepts than those you've been programmed with...

I will watch it, and come back.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You're totally missing my point. This isn't about me.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I've been rewatching some old X Files shows.

Seems they are always running around in the dark with flashlights and guns drawn.

In Shakespeare's day they used bloody animal guts to shock audiences.

It is called drama.

edit on 7-12-2023 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I've been rewatching some old X Files shows. Seems they are always running around in the dark with flashlights and guns drawn.

Good. Are things any different when looking into above top secret? We don't shot with bullets, but still looking for some strong logical foundation to beat some ignorance up. As for being stuck in the dark and bouncing around stupid at times, welcome.

As for that animal bit, killing your own tucker helps find saying grace. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Well it's about your reaction to the new programming.

Can you elaborate to the techniques used or is it just a feeling?

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

At the same time disassociation with traumatic events is classic clinical depression...

Maybe the definitions are wrong but it doesn't change the fact that the majority truly don't understand the word triggered.

Ironic, I'd imagine.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Seems they are always running around in the dark with flashlights and guns drawn.

In Shakespeare's day they used bloody animal guts to shock audiences.

It is called drama.

Isn't the questioning of why people obsess with drama a good one though?

Because they often do, clinically too. It's quite the common disorder in the practical sense.

"Drama seeker" is a little too simplistic of an answer when the reality is nobody likes drama especially when it's close to home. Are you saying we romanticise our relationship with the chaos too much and TV is merely escapism? A bit like having a dream and not having to change the sheets in the morning?

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   

My question about that is how the keep those flashlights on their person when investigating as a duo.

They wear fitted suits.

Where do they keep those huge flashlights?

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Well I don't know the exact definition of triggered but I use it to say a subconscious emotional reaction to a stimulus...

What really bugs me are emotions where do they come from, how do they work, why do we feel them in certain places on our bodies.

I love to ask people that throw emotional quotient around what emotions actually are...
I think they are basically old fight or flight mechanisms that don't pass trough the cognitive filter why we are oblivious to what they do to us.

This can be used very effectively to steer the masses especially when none of those emotions are ever encountered as a natural reaction to their day to day life.
We have a cosy life, and real threatening fight or flight is rarely encountered. We have no reference to what emotion we are actually feeling it's more society that tells you how to categorize what you feel.
It being an essential part of our programming, leaves an emptiness when deprived. This emptiness can then be filled with the right narrative that satiate the needs.

Feelz buddy, they are more important than we could possibly immagine...

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

We are not all the same. Some have tolerances that others do not. That point stated, tv, and hence mass entertainment is now ubiquitous with modern humanity as a whole. While censoring it from our lives may be a specific path chosen by some people, and certainly not the worst path among many, it also limits our ability to develop recognition skills that might be needed sooner or later as the walls of manipulative information close in on us all.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Sir, it's really great that you're writing about it. I've been suspecting it for a long time but people called me crazy. There is a powerful and secret organization, a kind of a cult, of Satanic libertines who worship Marquis de Sade and want to build a new society, the new world where people will renounce old values and laws and submit wholeheartedly to their most hellish desires. They call it "rewinding the clock". Their aim is basically to reverse the evolution, so to speak, to take the man back to where he came from; that is the level of an animal. For them this is what liberation means.

Civilization is evil that must be destroyed for the new world order to be born. The cult has among its ranks the most prominent artists, journalists, writers, actors and movie directors. It's said that both Gerard Depardieu and Roman Polanski belong to it but I'm not 100% sure of that. Suffice to say, they want to achieve their ends by surreptitiously implanting subversive memes in people's heads.

Let's say, you watch a movie. It looks like a normal movie but something about it is off. You can't tell exactly what but it looks weird. These are the subliminal messages in the movie, the insidious ideas that sneak into your head without you even knowing and slowly and gradually reprogram you.

The beginning of your transformation looks innocent. You just feel more apathetic to the daily stuff. You stop watching the news, don't fancy buying this or that useless stuff though there's promotion for that and stop voting. Later on, you get furious with your boss who you suspect of exploiting you and have frequent dreams about murdering him. And all too often you entertain the crazy idea of blowing up a local bank because they must be stealing your money. Day by day, you get more angry until you feel like shooting at random passers-by. You wonder what's wrong with you and even consult your therapist. You think it's some sort of depression or a nervous breakdown while in reality...

Those subversive memes in your head are feeding on your anger and turning you into a serial killer. And not just you. Millions of unsuspecting victims carrying the virus in their minds that, when the right time comes, where there is some crisis, will become activated and send the drones on a killing spree. They will start with looting shopping centers, the shrines of consumption, and murdering the staff.

The times of chaos and terror will ensue and then the new order will emerge where the animal will reign supreme.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

What really bugs me are emotions where do they come from, how do they work, why do we feel them in certain places on our bodies.

Chakras can be an answer although I do assign my own beliefs to something much more primordial and massive.

I love to ask people that throw emotional quotient around what emotions actually are...
I think they are basically old fight or flight mechanisms that don't pass trough the cognitive filter why we are oblivious to what they do to us.

Flight or fight doesn't account for the appreciation of a sunrise whether it's your last or first and I genuinely don't believe you figure these are the finer things in life only to be appreciated by the discerning palette.

Feelz buddy, they are more important than we could possibly immagine...

No arguement from me, if only we could apply the word good to feelz without constant chemical intervention... We'd be rich.
edit on 7-12-2023 by RAY1990 because: No typo

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka

I've been rewatching some old X Files shows. Seems they are always running around in the dark with flashlights and guns drawn.

Good. Are things any different when looking into above top secret? We don't shot with bullets, but still looking for some strong logical foundation to beat some ignorance up. As for being stuck in the dark and bouncing around stupid at times, welcome.

As for that animal bit, killing your own tucker helps find saying grace. Thank you.

It is just fictional drama. Not mind control.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

My question about that is how the keep those flashlights on their person when investigating as a duo.

They wear fitted suits.

Where do they keep those huge flashlights?

Wardrobe usually holds them while the makeup is being applied and their hair quaffed. It's hot under those lights and with all the people and smoke machines, n stuff.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Well yeah....I understand movie magic and prop departments. I was just being a smart ass.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Great examples with sun- set amd rise. But I don't think some have a better palette than others. Some just don't understand their animalistic nature and come up with grand ideas to bolster their ego...

Sunset is only bliss if you have a save place to sleep. Tell me how that approaching night feels when you haven't got artificial light and a save shelter in a hostile environment. Last moments of being relaxed before going into survival mode.
Sunrise might as well be the dopamine release after surviving the night.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Oh yeah, Orphic, not "Oracle". Thanks fireslinger.

I will have to go back to my Greek mythology and look for connections between the grays and the Orpheus.

:

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   

When I found myself homeless I would sleep deprive as long as I could stand to. I'd play music all day for tips and take my earnings to a 24/7 Cafe to purchase coffee and work on new material all night. As soon as the sun rose again I would relocate back to my performance area.

Most of the other street kids had campsites or safe houses they could go to but I was rarely offered an invitation to a squat to rest and recharge.

I used to sleep in the Student Union building of the University across the street when I simply couldn't stay awake any longer.

After a cold night watching the sunrise and feeling it's warmth begin to break the chill was a spiritual experience.

edit on 12/7/23 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join