It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Academic argues we could theoretically be just 24 hours away from a nuclear war

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   
U.S. QUIETLY EXPANDS SECRET MILITARY BASE IN ISRAEL

October 27 2023, 11:55 a.m.

The Intercept

TWO MONTHS BEFORE Hamas attacked Israel, the Pentagon awarded a multimillion-dollar contract to build U.S. troop facilities for a secret base it maintains deep within Israel’s Negev desert, just 20 miles from Gaza. Code-named “Site 512,” the longstanding U.S. base is a radar facility that monitors the skies for missile attacks on Israel.

On October 7, however, when thousands of Hamas rockets were launched, Site 512 saw nothing — because it is focused on Iran, more than 700 miles away.
The U.S. Army is quietly moving ahead with construction at Site 512, a classified base perched atop Mt. Har Qeren in the Negev, to include what government records describe as a “life support facility”: military speak for barracks-like structures for personnel.

Though President Joe Biden and the White House insist that there are no plans to send U.S. troops to Israel amid its war on Hamas, a secret U.S. military presence in Israel already exists. And the government contracts and budget documents show it is evidently growing.

The U.S. Army is quietly moving ahead with construction at Site 512, a classified base perched atop Mt. Har Qeren in the Negev, to include what government records describe as a “life support facility”: military speak for barracks-like structures for personnel.

Though President Joe Biden and the White House insist that there are no plans to send U.S. troops to Israel amid its war on Hamas, a secret U.S. military presence in Israel already exists. And the government contracts and budget documents show it is evidently growing.

Already boots and intel on the ground, all eyes on Iran.
MOSAD and American Intel both had no knowledge of the October 7th attacks?
I find this hard to fathom.
edit on 8-11-2023 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: aliensanonymous

Yeah, it was a part of a greater plot to let it happen, so the world could turn on Israel after the desired war began. It was a self-sabotage false flag in that they desired Israel lose all support and encourage themselves and allies to be painted as war criminals.

"I know! Let's let it happen. That way, when we defend ourselves, people can hate us MORE!"

I mean, if it was a false flag, they really didn't think this one through.
edit on 8-11-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Not saying it definitely was a false flag.
The attacks happened. Where horrific and unjustified.

Erase theological Fundamentalisim, reset the agenda, narrative and our small tribe mentality and people would live in relative peace.
They could all clap pray and hollah and worship their Abrahamic God togther.
India is one of the most multi faith societies yet people get by without slaughtering each other continuously.
Yes there is the occasional Terrosit attacks like Mumbai or groups like the Naxalite's but billiond of people worship a pantheon of gods and many celebrate their festivities togther.
Hindus, Christians, Muslims, Jains etc.......
Share in each other's festivities. I know parts of Israel coexist with the same frame work.

Constant meddling by other empires/countries in the affairs of the Middle East has caused this s$#t storm.

It is like a Hydra cut one head off another grows back. What is the soloution wipe out all the fundamental nutbags on both sides and they can go see their creator the almighty God they love and revere so much?

Maybe they had some intel did not know the full extent of Hamas's plans.
The intel they had may have been attacks on a smaller scale, this served a means to an ends.
I just don’t see how two countries with some of the best Intel in the world had no idea.

Alas I still believe MOSAD and American Intel. orchestrated September 9/11.

America had to lift the debit ceiling. The Military Industrial Complex makes money. Really think the elites are worried about collateral Civilian deaths on either side.....

With all due respect. I do not like to troll, argue or cause conflict. We are all Human and should love one another no matter which tribe we identify as. We possibly all came from the same lineage originally whether you sit on the fence of creation or evolution.

Sorry to be confronting but this conflict will never end untill.
a) They all get wiped out.
B) They agree on their correct definition and history of The Abrahamic God (Akin to the Satanic Versus by Salmun Rushdie) maybe one or both is the devil in disguise. Lucifers greatest ruse.
C) Have a game show shose your God the loser jumps into a pit of fiery dam nation.
edit on 8-11-2023 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: aliensanonymous
U.S. QUIETLY EXPANDS SECRET MILITARY BASE IN ISRAEL

October 27 2023, 11:55 a.m.

The Intercept

TWO MONTHS BEFORE Hamas attacked Israel, the Pentagon awarded a multimillion-dollar contract to build U.S. troop facilities for a secret base it maintains deep within Israel’s Negev desert, just 20 miles from Gaza. Code-named “Site 512,” the longstanding U.S. base is a radar facility that monitors the skies for missile attacks on Israel.

On October 7, however, when thousands of Hamas rockets were launched, Site 512 saw nothing — because it is focused on Iran, more than 700 miles away.

Already boots and intel on the ground, all eyes on Iran.
MOSAD and American Intel both had no knowledge of the October 7th attacks?
I find this hard to fathom.

If you're insinuating something then it would be good to make a thread. It's a conspiracy site and members will entertain a good conspiracy theory.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I agree about India, especially The Northern parts, where it's Muslims, Hindu, and smaller amounts of Christians, Buddhists, and Bahai.

True multiculturalism, of course they're all poor as the sh*t they take in the river, so that may be the great leveler for tolerance and peace.

Make everyone so equally poor interfaith banquets are called Wednesday's dinner. It's always class thing at the root of the discrimination things. Religion is just convenient.

Palestinians = Poor and inbred
Israelis (even Israeli muslims) = Wealthy and Elite

Any time there's an overlord oppressor that people need to rise up against that oppressor is always the main reason their life sucks. Jews come up a lot.

Don't think that can exist in most of India, hence religious tolerance instead of intolerance masking envy over lot in life.
edit on 8-11-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Sincerly a no bulldust comment there. Love and respect the straight up way you write.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Leviathan4

I am not insinuating. I retire from work at Midnight and spend hours listening to various news channels coverage of the conflict. I have heard multiple reports of American Soldiers specifically special-ops being sighted at various locations inside Israel. From no nonsense news reporters that are ex military.

I may do some further research and compile a thread when I finish work. The US military are all over the place, parked up how much hardware in the gulf, and I bet small intel outposts on the border or in neighbouring countries.
edit on 9-11-2023 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: aliensanonymous

I am not insinuating. I retire from work at Midnight and spend hours listening to various news channels coverage of the conflict. I have heard multiple reports of American Soldiers specifically special-ops being sighted at various locations inside Israel. From no nonsense news reporters that are ex military.

I may do some further research and compile a thread when I finish work. The US military are all over the place, parked up how much hardware in the gulf, and I bet small intel outposts on the border or in neighbouring countries.

It's possible I an not saying it can't happen or it hasn't happened but a few links will help the situation. But good that you brought it to our attention.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Insurrectile
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Hamas held up the last ceasefire, Israel broke it. Do you need a link to fresh up your knowledge of history? Just ask!

Yeah post that link

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Have you come across any news reports about military personnel/equipment from other countries? What about hospital ships in the Med or other aid reaching the refuge camps etc?

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

There is absolutely NO REASON I can think of that US needs boots on the ground anywhere.

And from what I'm hearing, we cant manage many fit nor capable boots at present anyway.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Insurrectile

Please justify your false claim or retract it.

The world watched as Palestine broke the ceasefire on Oct. 7

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

First I've heard about any such restriction.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: covent

Why cut off the snake's rattles? They will just grow another.

To kill the snake, you must cut off the head.

Why would Israel waste a nuke on Gaza?

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I find it hard to fathom as well, but the best explanation is that intelligence knows SOMETHING is going to happen, but not when nor where. Those critical details make all the difference.

Just like we had intelligence that something was coming on 9/11. Suspend all flights because you dont know which ones?

Also, I think we were so busy hunting parents and people that 'tresspassed' the capitol, that we dropped the ball.

Our IC admitted as much when the first thing that they said was that they were already reassigning resources when asked WHY and HOW they dropped the ball. PRIORITIES

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Quick and dirty analysis/conjecture:

The referenced construction is not a new processing facility, but rather a deep borehole for the purpose of "live fire" testing of an Iranian-developed nuclear weapon.

Hamas is said to have been planning and training its attack on Israel for up to 2 years prior to the October 07 massacre; some of that training to have occurred in Iran.

It is possible that the increased pressure placed upon the Iranian regime as a result of, or, perhaps, in conjunction with, awareness of the planned attack lead to re-doubled efforts to bring an Iranian nuke to fruition:

An Iranian "Manhattan Project".

Perhaps we are about to experience the result of those desperate efforts.

If that is the case, and the Iranian test is successful....

The whole Game changes.
edit on 9-11-2023 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

Quick and dirty analysis/conjecture:

The referenced construction is not a new processing facility, but rather a deep borehole for the purpose of "live fire" testing of an Iranian-developed nuclear weapon.

Hamas is said to have been planning and training its attack on Israel for up to 2 years prior to the October 07 massacre; some of that training to have occurred in Iran.

It is possible that the increased pressure placed upon the Iranian regime as a result of, or, perhaps, in conjunction with, awareness of the planned attack lead to re-doubled efforts to bring an Iranian nuke to fruition:

An Iranian "Manhattan Project".

Perhaps we are about to experience the result of those desperate efforts.

If that is the case, and the Iranian test is successful....

The whole Game changes.

It's quite concerning that some sources have discussed the possibility Iran to have already achieved its goal in creating nuclear weapons.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   

A nation cannot be said to "have", or to "have created" nuclear weapons until, and unless, that nation has successfully detonated such a weapon.

Once a successful test is conducted, the geopolitical status of that nation changes dramatically: it becomes an official member of the "Nuclear Club", and all other nations, both "club members" and non-members alike, afford an increased degree of " circumspection" when expressing aggression.

Kind of like the way bright colors are used in the animal kingdom to warn of a poisonous risk.
edit on 9-11-2023 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreCoyoteAngels

Please justify your false claim or retract it.

The world watched as Palestine broke the ceasefire on Oct. 7

And what can you tell us about the death of journalists in your reduced version of history? But you're still enjoying your news, yeah?

President Mohammed Mursi said he would not leave Gaza on its own and condemned Israel's "blatant aggression", hours after his prime minister visited Gaza.

Israel mounted a huge attack overnight, targeting dozens of locations. Later, Gaza militants targeted Tel Aviv with a missile but there were no casualties.

Gaza crisis: 'Hopes for a ceasefire diminishing'

That's just one of the latest instances with blatant aggression putting an end to ceasefires, we could do this for a while if it wasn't off-topic. Knock yourself out?

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   

How is talking about a ceasefire in this mess 'off topic'?

Please explain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join