It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Academic argues we could theoretically be just 24 hours away from a nuclear war

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: quintessentone

True colours showing?

So you do justify and apologize for Hamas attack on October 7th?

And want more?

No I do not think it was justified but it was to be expected because those two factions have been attacking each other again and again because they can't resolve their issues.

Which is a much more balanced view rather than what is offered in some of the MSM. Even them are seeing there is massive disagreement between the State that has given unequivocal support to Israel when at the same time ordinary people are at different frequencies.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Leviathan4

Zero plan? How do you know? Just because YOU dont know what it is, doesn't mean they dont have one.

The Israeli desire is to eliminate HAMAS. That is the goal. The goal is not to REHABILITATE HAMAS by winning over their hearts and minds. So killing civilians isn't really connected to that goal.

Israel is already the worlds largest target, simply by being hated by billions of people due to the other guys RELIGION. Jews have been battling them since Mohammed crawled out of Petra.

THe media hasn't created the Jewish dilemma, HISTORY has.

Its really a human dilemma. How do you fight a war without killing civilians? Since we don't know how to do that, if we care about our OWN civilians, we don't start a WAR.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreCoyoteAngels

Zero plan? How do you know? Just because YOU dont know what it is, doesn't mean they dont have one.

The Israeli desire is to eliminate HAMAS. That is the goal. The goal is not to REHABILITATE HAMAS by winning over their hearts and minds. So killing civilians isn't really connected to that goal.

Israel is already the worlds largest target, simply by being hated by billions of people due to the other guys RELIGION. Jews have been battling them since Mohammed crawled out of Petra.

Its really a human dilemma. How do you fight a war without killing civilians? Since we don't know how to do that, if we care about our OWN civilians, we don't start a WAR.

Everyone can see there is no plan other than death and destruction. Unless this is the plan.

You have presented a pseudo-dilema, either do nothing or start indiscriminately killing civilians. Because it seems a little difficult they will eliminate Hamas and kill tens of thousands of them.
Who says you can kill tens or even hundreds of civilians to get to one of these guys?? You need to become more familiar with the idea of war crimes.

These actions by Israel will have consequences not only against those who have committed these crimes but for the entire area. There is a no justification in murdering civilians and Israel has isolated itself and has lost the information war.
edit on 11-11-2023 by Leviathan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

"The Israeli's desire is to eliminate HAMAS."

But Hamas is an ideology, not a person, or some tangible thing. And as an ideology, it cannot be identified by any outward, visible sign or appearance which could be used to discern a valid target for "elimination" from an innocent civilian to be spared.

If Israeli forces cannot, somehow, distinguish between HAMAS operatives and innocent civilians, then they must choose which goal to pursue; either eliminate Hamas and kill innocent civilians, or spare innocent civilians and allow Hamas to continue.

If you value all civilians, not just those with which you share an ideology, you must neither start a war, Nor FIGHT a war.

"Turn the other cheek", remember?

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

"Indiscriminately"?

No.

Are they carpet bombing Gaza?

No.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   

"Indiscriminately"?

No.

No.

Apart from killing thousands of innocent civilians and commit war crimes and crimes against humanity. So apart from this everything else seems to be fine. They even allowed some humanitarian help to arrive at Gaza. What else do you want?!

They have shown some humanity. They even have Humanitarian breaks before start killing again innocent civilians...

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   

So, no Hamas terrorists have been killed?

Just innocents?

None at all?

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

So, no Hamas terrorists have been killed?

Just innocents?

None at all?

We are talking about civilians.
If you have the evidence about how many from the Hamas have been killed then post it. But the aim I am afraid doesn't justify the means. You cannot massacre a population to achieve your aim and then excuse it on the aim itself...

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

LOL!

Hang on, I'll just phone Hamas and ask them.

Can you give me your contact number for them, please?

🤧🤔😉

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

LOL!

Hang on, I'll just phone Hamas and ask them.

Can you give me your contact number for them, please?

🤧🤔😉

Pretty desperate argument and attempt at sarcasm.

If you have the evidence about how many from the Hamas have been killed then post it. But the aim I am afraid doesn't justify the means. You cannot massacre a population to achieve your aim and then excuse it on the aim itself..

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   

How the HELL would I know?

Hamas knows, but they ain't saying.

You think they are not a significant number?

No?

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Israel is not and has not indescriminately killed civilians. As matter of FACT, they issued many warnings so that civilians could flee. Hamas stopped them from escaping being held hostage as human shields.

When population that is fighting with Hamas starts wearing identifying uniforms, as international law expects, in order to fairly target only military and not civilians, then you will have a valid gripe with Israel.

When Hamas stops hiding behind civilians, then you will have a valid gripe with Israel.

When Hamas releases the hostages, then you will have a valid gripe that Israel hasn't agreed to a ceasefire.

So, once again.... under current conditions: what should Israel do?

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Oh! I see! You mean like BLM????

Ok, Israel has a right to defeat an ideology that wants to exterminate them. I don't care what label they have or excuse people make in their defense. It's on you to appear foolish.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

a reply to: quintessentone

Same thing?

Not seen IDF raping women, beheading folk, burning babies etc?

I just read where an Israeli guard at the open air prison broke a woman's neck.

Post the link?

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Israel is not and has not indescriminately killed civilians. As matter of FACT, they issued many warnings so that civilians could flee. Hamas stopped them from escaping being held hostage as human shields.

When population that is fighting with Hamas starts wearing identifying uniforms, as international law expects, in order to fairly target only military and not civilians, then you will have a valid gripe with Israel.

When Hamas stops hiding behind civilians, then you will have a valid gripe with Israel.

When Hamas releases the hostages, then you will have a valid gripe that Israel hasn't agreed to a ceasefire.

So, once again.... under current conditions: what should Israel do?

Unfortunately these are the usual excuses that have no impact in shaping perception. It's more like apology for the crimes committed by the IDF.

Warnings don't justify the crimes happen after these warnings have taken place. This is a bogus argument.

The existence of Hamas doesn't justify the mass killings of civilians. That's why both Hamas and the IDF are currently investigated for war crimes and crimes against humanity.

A few days ago Belgium's Deputy PM argued for sanctions against Israel and an increasing number of politicians and lawyers have done the same.

You are using again a pseudo-dilema: No action at all or killing thousands of innocent civilians.

I can tell you what Israeli cannot do: To commit war crimes and crimes against humanity. They are free to do everything else apart from the two above.

And to trade carefully as the war can spread in the entire area and cause even a more global conflict.
edit on 11-11-2023 by Leviathan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   

"Indiscriminately"?

No.

No.

This looks like carpet bombing to me.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Hamas is not an ideology, as you say. It is an organization of people. The name is an acronym that translates to Islamic Resistance movement. The ideology which Hamas operates is radical fundamentalist islam.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BiothermalReactor

I think the H stands for HOSTAGES

There are 240 hostages still being tortured.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: VermiIion
a reply to: BiothermalReactor

I think the H stands for HOSTAGES

There are 240 hostages still being tortured.

And they will most likely not survive the rescue.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join