It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoverboard - Should I post it?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Heres my initial thoughts on the first four board designs........

I want a diverse range, so my boards arent just for kids, or boys, or only one type of person........Ahh.......this is just fantasy talk anyway, im only doing this because i have nothing to report until AFTER i come back from my road trip.....(i said earlier that after i come back i have the whole summer and then some free to continue working on the board.)

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
ive voted you way above for your inovative ideas

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
Anyone want to contribute there ideas for a logo? Unique design theyde like to see?

OOOooo thats an ace idea now that i think of it, just while im typing. Online you should be able to design you'reown motif that we'll print onto it!

But for now you want to talk about the logo? (and let me continue doing the hard stuff
)

[edit on 18-7-2005 by Shadow88]

although jak is usually busy these days being a mod and all ask him im sure he will have some god graphic ideas

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I would suggest not using the name "Gravity Board" ... I am in the skateboard industry and there is already a "Gravity" brand.

I would also suggest doing research into skateboard/snowboard graphics to see what appeals to boarders. Since they will probably be your main target audience.

I would love to ride one of these things. And also see what a talented skater would do with one. Tricks would be very interesting. You'll have to make them pretty durable.

Have you made smaller scale versions?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
EDIT double post

[edit on 19/7/2005 by wyatt43]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hey guys, im actually feeling crap that i joined this discussion so late. Your invention sounds great by the way.

But arent you thinking too small? I mean a skateboard? Why not start on a car first? Then after creating a working 'hover car' you could work on making the equipment smaller. I mean when the mobile phone was invented it wasnt as small as the phones we have now. If you think too small too soon your thinking will be wasted.

just some of my thought,

Blessed be

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hello Shadow, I am very interested in your design. I've been interested in purchasing a quality hover-board for quite some time now... I'm a man of honor and I'd be willing to listen to anything you have to share on your plans for your piece of equipment. Feel free to u2u me back!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The "Gravity Board" title is not what im going to use. It was just the only thing i could think of quickly, off the top of my head. At the time i didnt remember that gravity was a brand name. I will struggle in getting the rights for the logo "HOVERBOARD" (its i suppose, true name) as a scooter company has named their scooters "hoverboards", annoyingly.

The durability; i need it to be light AND durable. So maybe wood.....but possibly thick perspex? (thick, strong, light plastic).

Most likely a talented skater could manipulate the board into doing some very unique tricks! i hadnt thought about this kind of thing....i would like to see that!

wyatt43, not at all! its fine actually since im not continuing work until i come back from holiday (12 day holiday from friday if you wish to know....) so its no trouble uve found this thread later in the game, so to speak, as the more interesting part of this thread will come after i come back and begin the long haul of completing a fully operational prototype!

______________________________________________________________________________-

...................i will definately be trying to sell as many as i can, as quickly as i can, before it is, wel i guess reverse engineered, jazzed up and sold for 10 times the price.........silly global congloberates!!!!!

O yea! considering that the noise polluting death trap of a not-hoverboard, that is sold on future horizons for $9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mine will be exactly what it will say on the tin, and i assure you, i am a man of honour (if that is the right word). If the manufacturing cost is around $150 then im not going to sell it for $9000. That is dispicable to say the least.

[edit on 19-7-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I forgot As for the think bigger comment.....im wurried that the tech, even on a much larger scale,wont be sufficent for the, downward force-to-upward force ratio. i mean say 500N upward to 450N down, is different to a 4000N up to 60000N down. (these are totally fictional values) remember cars can weigh several tons......

Plus there is the probable lack of control, having no friction, there is noway to stop quickly, strong winds could push it sideways into oncoming traffic or other lanes......if i could get some additional stability, say....o yea! ther is some kind of vortex generator on americanantigravity.com that is supposed to assist in the control of helicopters between buildings......i wonder if it could apply?

I just get chills thinking about when i finish it.....i cant wait!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I tell you what ... you have a core group of people really excited about it too!

You can get skateboards decks made for as little as $16 US for 100 - with printing on the bottom. If you can use a standard skateboard deck it may make things alot easier. Plus - you already know that they will be strong. And you can get some cool graphics on the bottom or top.

Did you say that you made a scale model?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Yeah, the power source will be hell.

You'll need at least 7kW to lift this thing with an engine of that size attached and an optimistic view of efficiency taken into account.

Now you've started me thinking, way to go.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Which is why im sticking to boards at present. I was however having an interesting conversation with "postings" about permanent magnet motors. I am looking into this, among many other power sources.

I could do similar kinds of decks, only that there are circle gaps where the engines interlock, so you can switch decks as you please.

Um no, as of yet no scale model. That was a comment saying that i should do that earlier. sigh. Soon though, soon!

I dont know about 7kw.....as of yet theres no accurate measurement.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Who cares what the graphics look like at this point. I dont care if its the size of a ford pinto either !

I just want to see a craft that can carry weight.

Graphics come last.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Wow i really hope this works im a skater i would love for a new extreme sport.. with your hoverboard would you go offa ramp and stay hovering for a while or just drop.. or does it depend on speed and such? like skating a halfpipe or a bowl would i be able to climb the walls on the hoer board with speed or would it just go straight?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Yea yur right, i was just throwing that image in to keep you interested,

as for how it will run i cant say can i can i!!
however it is logical to assume that with no friction, it wil be able to gain some pretty substantial speeds....and no it wont just go forward. it will rely on your input (aka you pushing off with your foot like when you ride a skateboard)

o and more importantly there is the issue of safety casing. In order to sell these things i cant have exposed high voltage can i? any ideas on what to use thats light and extremley insulated?

[edit on 20-7-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
There is still wind resistence. Of course friction is an issue.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
engine safety casing people, important!!! bah ile actually get off my virtual butt and find it myself

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
umm... how would you stop? It must be different from a skateboard as (dont know your plans but) your gravity board shouldnt be able to touch the ground unless switched off? feel free to correct me if wrong :p.

Also if this technology works to a satasfactory standard then i would patent it very quickly. I can think of many things some people can use this tech for, for example hovering missile.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Also can you tell me something, is the 'gravity board' (cant think of a better word) lifted by the entire under surface area of the board or is it only from certain areas?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
SO far im only going to attempt to use two...."grav engines", as well.....its a board, so would fit one at the underneath front and back......

but it may be to unstable and i may have to makeit wider, which to be honest would suck. We all clearly crave the board from BTTF 2, so thats what im trying to replicate (the look of it, for nostalgia) small as possible, but if need be i will hae to make some alterations.

OMG i have just.....while typing this thought of something, i think ive thought of a way to only require one grav engine.......thanks for getting my brain cogs working!!!!

oh by the way, for any of you inventors out there, i found out that you are many many times more creative in the late hours than during the morning and day. From when you wake up throughout the day you are more practical. when you are tired, you use more of your imagination (i dont know the exact reasons) but its on the same note as why we have more double takes, or get frightened at night, as our mind is more illogical and mistakes inanimate objects for say, a monster or something. Plus you have basically nothing on your mind before you go to sleep usually, as opposed to the morning where you have all the conscience and subconsience thought for the coming day.........

My point is That if you're having trouble working out a problem or something, you are far more creative, imaginative, illogical, (thinking outside the box) at night. the best time to write great stories, invent time travel etc :p whatever you're doing!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join