It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoverboard - Should I post it?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
Once it has reached a stable, fixed height, the vertical forces acting upon the object reach equilibrium, and so next to no energy is required to keep it there, only to keep the device running.

Always wondered about that. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well antigravity isnt a thing, its a state. or....at least in this context.

Even this has to work around basic laws of physics,

If i have 60 kg to lift (average large male), thats 600N of thrust. 60,000 kg requires 6,000,000N of Antigrav "thrust". You get the point. BUT, keep in mind this is the thrust required to "ramp it up", get it off the ground.

Once it has reached a stable, fixed height, the vertical forces acting upon the object reach equilibrium, and so next to no energy is required to keep it there, only to keep the device running.

But you are now applying newtons laws of motion to a theoretical invention. your hoverboard employes a opposite force to gravity. if your device accelerates matter to create thrust then you are using energy. what source of power does your device use.?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Always wondered about that. Thanks.

Its obviously not the same as, but try to imagine, for example when you speed up in a car, (you can feel the forces of acceleration) it requires a lot of energy, but once you begin to drive at a constant, say 50mph constant, little energy is required, only to keep the wheels turning at that rpm.

But you are now applying newtons laws of motion to a theoretical invention. your hoverboard employes a opposite force to gravity. if your device accelerates matter to create thrust then you are using energy.

Regardless of the new and/or theoretical sciences behind it, the board itself and the rider are still a physical objects (with mass and weight etc) and still has the forces of up/down/left/right etc, acting upon it
But, you are correct to say that it is mostly theoretical, as there is only limited understanding of this relatively new area of physics.

what source of power does your device use.?

A large one.
I am trying not to think about trying to think of a way to remedy this.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You do know that if you blow out a pole pig transformer you don't have to pay for a new one!

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
YEA
hehe....I think probably because anyone who manages not to kill themselves is considered pretty lucky.

apc

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

YEA
hehe....I think probably because anyone who manages not to kill themselves is considered pretty lucky.

When I was 14ish I took 2000v at several amps into both my hands!

I accidentally (eh..) put my hands on the primary coil for a directional EMP I was building. It was fully charged and ready to pulse, and zzzzzzAP. Big white arc balls engulphed my hands and I flew back 5 feet or so... was even a bit airborn. I saw blue. And my arms were numb for half an hour. I'm thinking I should be dead.. but luckily I wasn't grounded.
(random interjection, found your thread, Shadow88, linked from your coolant thread.
)

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Rito!

Was the current high though? its the Amps that kill you, not the volts.
so lucky for you if that was the case.

You were building an EMP at 14ish
cool i built a clock at 13.....LOL not very impressive but MEH! its all i could remember building!

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I would be amazed if this device works at all and isnt the size of a couple football stadiums.

Seriously.

I cannot imagine, at all how this will work anymore. I used to have faith in this, but the more I think of it, the more I realise it just isnt that simple.

apc

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yeah crazy I know. Now that I think about it, it was the discharge from a microwave oven capacitor at 2uf so the available current should've been around half an amp. Still enough to make my head buzz for a good while.

>Back then I had a whole slew of HV toys I played with. EMPs, coilguns, railguns, microwave weaponry. After the above incident I kinda layed off the HV games for a while. Wow that was about 10 years ago.
When I get the chance I'm going to review this hoverboard thread of yours. Maybe I can offer up some suggestions. I've been itching to have some more electrical fun these days.

[edit on 29-10-2005 by apc]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Well.....
I just got a rather.......disgruntled U2U. But it made me realise i havent been very helpful. I mean, im a lot less paranoid than i was at the start of this thread, but until its finished, i dont want to post any plans or schematics etc, thats just the way it is.

It seemed when i started out that it would take less time, as i had a lot of initial success, and im still making breakthroughs. But as time has gone on a lot of problems have sprung up (and those who have been following it will probably know) e.g. things melting, burning, not being safe, requiring more juice, yet more juice, etc. As ive said before these problems will be addressed, but one by one, so that i may give my full attention to each.

You would think the first thing i would tackle would be the drive itself, but
as you know, i cant get any productive work done while its melting
depressing for both of us, but i hope thats put it in perspective how hard im working.

And i dont think i talk like a 12 year old either (u2u), i think i try to write in an interesting and perhaps entertaining manner about topics that arent exactly the most exciting, and articulately for that matter!

[edit on 30-10-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
you tell 'em and you shouldnt post any scematics or anything on an international website thats bound to end up with so many different types of boards that nobody would beleive that you were the person who first came up with the idea.

just reviving this thread

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thankyou Artemis,

I have said before that im not trying to force my designs down your throats with grandios claims that what im saying is real. I know what im building is real, as im the one building it obv. Simply toss this disccusion aside and say "BAH! what a load of nonsense!" and i wont care......

Obviously i cant prove it to you, until you see it for yourselves.

All in due time i say......yes i realise i have all these problems stacked up against me, but i dont care, afterall "You cannot fail if you never give up".

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
your welcome shadow and i doubt anyone would throw away a thread like this one and forget all about it for if what you speak of is true then this hoverboard could be the new wave of technology eventually leading to newer safer vechles possibly leading to the most enviromentally safe world potentially leading to wat might be the one thing that saved mankind from themselves.

so good luck building if you live in florida i might be able to help you

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Sadly no i live in Britainland

But at least im doing something! Unlike people like john hutchinson who made huge claims that they had discovered revolutionary technology and-uh oh.....better go hide in a corner.

Im so tired.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
oh you live over seas well good luck then anyway i guess if you are gonna make a hover board you better start now and i just hit me 4 power use a super strong magnet because if the earth is like a magnet then start makin plans 4 a strong magnet so the enviromentalists dont come at ya.
but they'll probably find somthin wrong with it. anyway again good luck

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yea....
most likely there will be complaints of explosions on the first day of release
....Seriously though it will have to pass safety standards first so if it doesnt then it will have to be improved or no release!

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Prepare for a long post...Get ya coffee.

I have been a follower of hoverboard research or lack there of for over 10-12 years. I am also aware of the ongoing con artist bill butler and that charade of an organization which is known as hovertech. See I actually laughed when I read the first of this thread and you spoke of hovertech's prototypes blowing up. See one HAS to actually build a prototype for it to blow up. Proto's don't build themselves. And in over ten years time Hovertech has attempted to build NOTHING!!. That conman has been screaming hoverboard kits available soon!! all these years and yet he is no closer today then he was ten years ago. So Sad. That just any ole poor guy that buys his plans can try out more of his ideas then he can. Especially since he sold them all at $19.95(research helper or 4 numbers universal with conmen?) and claims he has sold at least 20,000 copies. Glad someone has a nice new car paid for. And one more thing..Isnt it so funny how Hovertech's website is always 80 percent incomplete?? But the part where he sells his plans ALWAYS WORKS? Then in a couple of months he overhauls his page and starts over. Ya know what enough about hovertech. Lets get back to real life.

Ok man......I really don't wanna be a hater OR rain on anyones parade. But I don't think a Geomagnetic hoverboard has a chance in hell of working with today's technology. Its all good in theory but you have just one slight problem my man............POWER.......wait let me say it again and put it in italics "POWER.....POWER......POWER!!!" Yeah I know I am a silly ass but thats the kinda power YOU will need to make this work and be nothing more than table top novelty sold at spencor's. And lets just assume that power is no issue for you and you just created something the size of a brick that outputs 2trigawatts. Another big issue. "Elevation control."
If a hoverboard weighed 5 pounds and you weighed 185 then you would need to exert 190 pounds of force downwards against the Earths very very weak magnetic field (why we needed so much power). Now once we did the board will "appear" to be levitating from our perspective and holding us directly above the ground at a certain height with the power level we have made. But we are up high on a cliff or mountain and so we kick/ride toward the cliff in a most suicidle nature but after we come off the edge. WE DON'T FALL!! We now sit hundreds of feet from the ground. But why is this?? we built a hoverboard and not a ufo right? Cause the earths magnetic field will pass right through the surfaces we call land and so when we repel the earths magnetic field its in relation more to the core of the earth and not what we see under our feet. A commen misconception by many. The dirt beneath our feet is neither magnetic or electric and so has no properties usefull for hoverboards. Now WE COULD solve the height adjustment problem rather simply I would think with modern day sensors and computers to adjust power levels and control height the same way a segway keeps from tipping over. Now based on all of what I just told you how many here still would wanna ride this device? I might if I was in a 30 foot tall gymnasium with padded floor and ceiling and u had me teithered like your average ionocraft. HAHA. But the way I see it...Here is a few things that might work and the things that DO NOT work.

1.Geomagnetic levitation- (monopole,tripole,dipole whatever) too much power.....and too dangerous

2.Ion thrust. - modern day lifters can't even hold the weight of their own power supply much less a man.

3.Ion Column method - Doesn't Work...next

4.UV rotated plasma fields- Seems interesting and might possibly hold a pocket of neutral air.

5.Superconductors-might replace bumper cars for a hoverboard ride at an amusement park

6.Ion Wall/Forcefield effect as seen with the 3M incident.- Maybe possible but just like number 1 I bet power levels would be mammoth and more than dangerous.

7.Ether/gravity control.-This seems to be the only logical option to make a hoverboard thats both safe and like on back to the future2. Sadly this is the one we know the least about and when and IF we do master it I bet hoverboards will be the least of our worries.

But all this # aside you wanna know what the real problem is? Nobody cares. NOBODY cares about making a hoverboard. The gas and oil companies sure as hell don't. Nasa don't give a # neither. I bet if soldiers were dying of landmines like dozens a day I bet they would get there asses on the ball. Sure everyone says hoverboards would be nice and cool to have. But its honestly in the hands of the people if it is to be made. But EVEN IF you could make it I sincerely doubt this world would loosin its grip and allow it to walk in and replace chevrolet and ford and all the oil companies and all the power companies and so on and so on. Only if it(plans,knowledge) was spread through the net and for free would it ever be able to break this chokehold the media and the power companies have on our society. Otherwise it will just be lost in an infinite sea of patents just like the many great inventors before our time..........

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Well said.

Proponents of antigravity,hoverboards and all other crackpot inventors need to get thier head out of thier anus. Even if you could generate a magnetic field that could repel itself against the geomagnetic field not counting any weight that is added. any nail with 100 feet of it would probably be attracted at such force that
when it strikes the magnet it would release an energy close to 100 times its weight in TNT! It would also pull the iron out of your blood like magneto did in Xmen 2.Not forgetting that since your body is a conductor any change in magnetic field would induce such a huge current in your body that you would be dead from electrocution if you moved. power is not such a great concern for a magnetic field intensity becuase only amperes per cross section area....
we don't need a science lesson because all the basic physics is on wikipedia.

You are talking about 10^9 tesla or 10^13 gauss these are neutron star field densities you would not want to be close to something like this.If the author of this thread doesn't know what a gauss is then he shouldn't be trying to invent something he knows nothing about.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by scienceguy94]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
yes i know what gauss is
Some very good points made, but yes i did go get coffee before i read it.

If and when its accomplished (yes i said if, no surprise there), your absolutely right, i couldnt hope to compete with the worlds largest companies like ford and chevrolet, they would run me into the ground, either by critisizing me in huge marketing campains, or hostile takeove or by whatever means i dont know.....it doesnt really matter.

Im a naturally fun, outgoing person. I dont really care if anyone takes the royal mick out of anything and everything i say. I started designing it because i wanted to, i enjoy inventing, building, being creative. So far, minus being zapped i enjoy what i do. And thats what counts, it fun.
obviously the money i will make is also a bonus, but i am working on this out of desire to better our lives. You dont have to believe me, i wont try to make you.

Also in regards to "major companies etc.", when i likely move into that industry, i will probably sell it off to the highest bidding company. They can do with it as they please. After that, if that company builds hovercars or whatnot, other companies will perhaps steal/copy the designs.

By this time i will have already taken credit for the design by most likely a public announcement, im thinking......local television news broadcast. So everyone can see i created it. Soon after i will have to lock away all papers, plans, designs in....a safety deposit box. (the man who invented vegetable powered cars was burgled, threatened at knifepoint, burgled some more, and a third time, with a connection to ford that stated that they had employed a third party to steal his invention. it was never proved conclusively) Im worried once word gets out that i complete a functioning model this could happen to me.

Your right about hovertech too. Its a shame they havent come up with any real results. It REALLY annoys me when companies or individuals make grandios claims and have nothing to show for it after like 10 - 12 years.

When i have something conclusiveto show you, i will show you. simple

[edit on 3-11-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Shadow whatever floats your boat.If you feel like wasting thousands of dollars on an idea based on some unknown physics force go ahead. But i guarantee that your going be supermiserable when you find yourself an old man and your life has passed you by.

You could have spent this time and money inventing something simple that people can buy at walmart or toy r us. Your really young why not shelve these ideas until you are old. then people will forgive you for being crazy.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join