It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoverboard - Should I post it?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Hey, I was watching this forum closely and it kinda died off, anyone know whatever happened to Shadow??

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Sounds like a job for super-mods! They'd be able to tell if he's still active on ATS, checked U2U's and such. My concern isn't so much for the hoverboard thingy, but just to see if he's okay, voluntarily left, etc. It could be my american "I NEED CLOSURE!" way of thinking *shrug*. No really, if he's doing fine, then that's good enough for me.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Sounds like a job for super-mods! They'd be able to tell if he's still active on ATS, checked U2U's and such. My concern isn't so much for the hoverboard thingy, but just to see if he's okay, voluntarily left, etc. It could be my american "I NEED CLOSURE!" way of thinking *shrug*. No really, if he's doing fine, then that's good enough for me.

He has been active.. and posting. His public profile shows last active:

17-10-2005 at 06:18 PM

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
He has been active.. and posting. His public profile shows last active:

17-10-2005 at 06:18 PM

Cool, thanks. No nuclear explosions from tinkering with anti-grav. That's good to hear. I didn't think to check public profile.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I never realized he was 19...

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Would not a provisional patent or copyright give him protection for at least a year until he can come up with the 11k-15k for a standard patent? You can get a provisionol and a copyright for a few hundred, 1000k max for the both. The tricky part after that is that you have one yr. 365 days to have in your possesion the patent or then it can for lack of better words, would be pulled from under your feet. This is the way to go IMHO. I currently have two items with a privisionals and the clocks are ticking. Check it out.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hey guys! LOL sorry.....you guys were having a conversation about my whereabouts....

Im ok, sorry i havent posted for a while, its only i havent had anything earth shattering to report, so i didnt want to be anticlimactic and post something mundane.

Well basically i was just recently trying to get a hold of large generator (yes it seems daft that i need a large power source, "how is he going to power the damn thing!" you're thinking. But its not that. I had a small current running through a coil of wire (Im trying something new alongside the other device - its a lot lighter but a lot riskier), plugged into the mains. I had it taped down, obviously not enough as it flipped and caught my hand. (the wire is twisted along it if you were wondering why it flipped, which sucked)

Luckily i had it hooked up to a power pack so only a minor zap, although it did burn my hand a little bit. But the point is i realised it could have just as easily been raw mains power. So im moving outside, so i can continue study at a safe distance (lots of space to move, get out the way, whatever if worst came to worst.

Ive also been trying to find a new job. My current job is brain rotting and doesnt pay enough. Sigh...........

Its really doing my head in is that I am only getting it to twitch. I turned the juice right up, it toppled (I think it pulsed) and the wire melted. Which is why im heading in another direction of research. Working more or less the same as the first designs, but set up differently, lighter most of all, which is important. Im thinking one of the reasons its only twitching, spinning etc is the weight of itself.

I took a break actually from it all at the start of october (after i burnt my hand). I need to store some money for a generator and also i just wanted a break. But ive been working on and off until then and i started back on the new designs about 3 days ago.

The second i manage to make it hover, for even a second, i will get a camera and post it here (with lots of the surrounding area, no objects near it etc
so no controversy around its authenticity
)

[edit on 17-10-2005 by Shadow88]

[edit on 17-10-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Doesn't the military have a hovertank currently? I thought I read it in popular science or popular mechanic ten years ago. It looks like:

Oh wait, no, that's Robotech. Anywho, glad to hear all is well. I'm interested in all the other applications of near 0 friction, anti-grav. technology also. Imagine the practical application in transporting heavy freight.

www.mycuriousgoods.com...

Never give up the dream my friend, and hope for success on all the work. You cannot fail if you never give up.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Two things:

check out www.americanantigravity.com

perhaps they have some links/ideas that you might be able to use

also, it sounds like you have a resistance problem with the wires that melted....perhaps a larger guage??

Just trying to help.....

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Its a good though, but, a larger wire gauge would delay the problem of overheating, but it would not stop it. Ah well.

Anyway i had this thread running on the side to see if I could find (with the least possible effort
lol) a quick solution, i.e. cooling systems.Cooling system thread
As it turns out keeping something cool and sustaining it cool is easier said than done (well DUH! you say.....)

Ive also seen americanantigravity which is a pretty nice
although some of the stuff they put on it is......well....a little less than conclusive or convincing.

- im referring to the videos that are waaayyy too close to the objects, or there are thing obstructing view, or that for example hutchinson cant repeat his experiments often enough (like say if someone asked him out of the blue). Maybe its simply bad editing, or that its a touchy technology.....only that one thing or another always seems to create discrepancies-

im just going to stop there
its turning into a rant!

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
HEY i like thaaaaat!

You cannot fail if you never give up.

Awsome
maybe i will use it as my slogan heehee, with your permission of course as you just said it

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Feel free to use the quote as often as you like. I don't know if it's been said before, but if not, saint4God would be fine to tag with it. (hey, it's free advertising for my boss)

[edit on 19-10-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
shadow,
I hope I see you make millions of dollars on your hoverboard. Maybe you can have Michael J fox and christopher LLoyd do your commercials.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
LOL
it only took me like 20 minutes to get that!.......That would be awesome, although i'll have to hurry up, Christopher is getting on a bit
Of course my final worry is that Mattel will come along and steal it (as it is a rumor that they actually own the concept of a hoverBOARD) I would have to get around it somehow if its true, but i doubt they can sya they own the concept of antigrav.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think they own the copyright to hoverboard. I guess your board will be great for getting away from Biff and his gang. How are you going to make it work over water?

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well as far as i can gather it will repel against a surface, solid matter. As water is a liquid (duh!) it will likely be repelled and displaced (probably similar to when you blow on a water's surface
)

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
But just imagine how much money you could make if your invention works like the one in the movie. You could buy hawaii. Logistics costs could be cut down to nil becuase you can have huge warehouses lift themselves up and transport across the world, you can have floating cities, floatingcars, mining would be a piece of cake you could lift the entire ore deposit. I think you could be a rich man.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I think that would be lovely.
only........

It takes a lot more effort to lift a house say than a person.....

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Why would it? you say your device runs off of antigravity.I don't see why nullifying 70kgs is any harder than 300000kgs? especially on a economy of scale where parts get cheaper as they get bigger.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well antigravity isnt a thing, its a state. or....at least in this context.

Even this has to work around basic laws of physics,

If i have 60 kg to lift (average large male), thats 600N of thrust. 60,000 kg requires 6,000,000N of Antigrav "thrust". You get the point. BUT, keep in mind this is the thrust required to "ramp it up", get it off the ground.

Once it has reached a stable, fixed height, the vertical forces acting upon the object reach equilibrium, and so next to no energy is required to keep it there, only to keep the device running.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join