It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoverboard - Should I post it?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:
XL5

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What you just described is a rail gun. In that set up, what would make it hover? Would the large amount of plasma be doing all the work or would the magnets have some sort of reactionless recoil?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
What you just described is a rail gun. In that set up, what would make it hover? Would the large amount of plasma be doing all the work or would the magnets have some sort of reactionless recoil? [/quote

yes it would hover given enough current and teslas. I don't have a deep understanding of plasma physics to be able to design a good ionizer and keep the air from arcing. really the main obstacle here is the amount of current you can pass through a gas at STP.

Maybe shadow should work on that problem before tackling the magnetic fields. Just think If you(shadow) could design a system like that.Document all of your efforts on paper keep an inventors notebook, you could make a mint of this ionizer technology!

XL5

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
scienceguy94, if it hovers by plasma "thrust" alone, it would melt anything it touches and produce huge amounts of UV light.

Given the amount of energy you want to put into that magnetic field, air will ionize/spark, even a Q-switched laser will make a spark in the air when focused. Maybe in a perfect vacuum plasma will have a much harder time forming.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
[quote
Given the amount of energy you want to put into that magnetic field, air will ionize/spark, even a Q-switched laser will make a spark in the air when focused. Maybe in a perfect vacuum plasma will have a much harder time forming.

Of course a plasma would have a hard time forming in a vacuum theres no atoms to ionize! Air cannot ionize from a magnetic field since the field lines do not interact with nonmoving electrically neutral matter.
You mean something like a ruby or YAG?
But per our hovercraft discusssion. I would also like to put maximum value for the electrical properties of air
breakdown voltage 30kv/cm
maximum current density= 100ma/ft^2

The last number is the dusie for this project
if shadow can approach the maximum current density with some invented technology
that either is going to make the hovercraft very very big or he will need a 10 megagauss magnetic field with a foot squared area just to lift 100kg.

I have proven that there is no way anybody is going to be able to build a hoverboard with ion entrapment or plasma technology. and this is high school physics here.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
You know what'd be a really cool publicity stunt. To build the tech into a fake UFO, put some fake smoke machines on the back so it looks like im damaged, and ride it above and then through town, I'd make national news! LOL
So funny.......

OR!!!!.....Land it in a farmers field, then ask (in a terribly british accent) "I say, can i borrow one of your cows?"

Sorry i'm just in a really funny mood today! *everyone rolls eyes*

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
You know what'd be a really cool publicity stunt. To build the tech into a fake UFO

No you'd more likely pick up a semitruck with your magnet and get sued for property damage. LAME

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
OH FOR GOD SAKE am i not allowed to be jolly for five minutes.........

And for the last time its not solely a huge magnet. As ive already said. It will utilise an electromagnet for certain reasons but its not just a magnet. Thats silly, what would that do! Nothing!.....

[edit on 11-11-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   

OH FOR GOD SAKE am i not allowed to be jolly for five minutes.........

And for the last time its not solely a huge magnet. As ive already said. It will utilise an electromagnet for certain reasons but its not just a magnet. Thats silly, what would that do! Nothing!.....

[edit on 11-11-2005 by Shadow88]

The magnet your going to need to make your hoverboard work is going to be powerful enough to pull the iron out of your blood.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
And you would know a) That my design requires that strength, b) Exactly how much strength is needed to draw iron from ones blood and c) Exactly what part the magnet even plays in the design.........how?

Look i have no intention and more to the point no need to construct an electromagnet that "is powerful enough to draw the iron from my blood", although scary thought

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

And you would know a) That my design requires that strength, b) Exactly how much strength is needed to draw iron from ones blood and c) Exactly what part the magnet even plays in the design.........how?

Look i have no intention and more to the point no need to construct an electromagnet that "is powerful enough to draw the iron from my blood", although scary thought

How does mommy and daddy feel about you blowing out the fusebox every friday and saturday night?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Oh why does everything have to turn nasty with you scienceguy? here we are having a perfectly nice and intelliget conversation and you have to make some personal comment like that. Not that it makes any sense anyway.

Why is it so important to you that i fail? You almost sound as though you want me to. Awww did you try to and fail? is that why you hae to lower the spirits of anyone else with a dream? awww thats sad....

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hey shadow what are you working on...some kind of plasma repulsion. I could help you out on that. And as for my research, I am not working with Boyd Bushman because he is working on something else, but he is helping me with the information he has. As for Bill I have agreed with him that we can share pictures as long as i give him credit on my next update.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Some lyrics I think that apply Shadow88:

I remember wasn’t so long ago
We had a one-room shack and the living was low
And mama by herself, raised me and my bro.
Wasn’t easy but she did it with the little that flowed
Worked hard got us off to school everyday
Keep our eyes on the star though the skies were gray
Gave us drive to survive really showed us the way
Now I really understand what she was trying to say

She said son there’ll be times when the tides are high
And the boat may be rocky, you can cry
Just never give up,(you can never give up)
In this life you can lead if you only believe
In order to achieve what you need
You can never give up,(you can never give up)

And it’s hope that keeps me holding on
It’s just hope that makes me carry on

Home grown couldn’t have made it alone
I got a wonderful life, two kids of my own
With a strong foundation that was carved in stone
Thank my mother for the love that made my house a home
Makes me wonder sometimes if it was meant to be
All this for a humble little guy like me
All ever really wanted was a family
Teach my kids the same values that she gave to me

We nah turn no stepper, things a go better
Never let yourself be overcome by pressure
Cool yah me bredda, have faith instead a
Sid-dung and a watch and all a fight one another
Blaze like fire,nah go retire
God nah sleep and a him inspire
We fi reach higher a that him require
Haffi mek we mark before the time expire

Artist: Shaggy
Title: Hope

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Awww cool!
and futureh good

Without a patent I dont want to be specific. No its not using plasma. It contains a new design of electromagnet, but it is not the only device. Also if certain people just keep resorting to mockery i will cease this conversation.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Awww cool!
and futureh good

Without a patent I dont want to be specific. No its not using plasma. It contains a new design of electromagnet, but it is not the only device. Also if certain people just keep resorting to mockery i will cease this conversation.

People keep posting stupid and nonworkable contraptions. its not a mattter of faith like religion. You can't believe in monopoles or free energy becuase maxwells equations and thermodynamics says they are impossible. if you feel that thousands of scientific experiments are in err go out and prove it.

There is a certain poster here who has been identified as a scholar by the ATS community. He seems to lack any sort of knowledge about physics even at the most basic level. is there an explanation for this?

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Firstly

monopoles or free energy

So far there is basically no success in those areas, no evidence other than anecdotal, so i dont believe in them (yet) no. Of course if they were ever proved, then i would, but there not.

There is a certain poster here who has been identified as a scholar by the ATS community. He seems to lack any sort of knowledge about physics even at the most basic level.

How does mommy and daddy feel about you blowing out the fusebox every friday and saturday night?

To do research you have know what you are doing. to know what you are doing requires you to have an education.

Scienceguy how DARE you question my intelligence without any real justification? I so far, INTENTIONALLY havent revealed any of my designs, INCLUDING the physics behind them. Everyone else seems to get that fact, why not you? So for you to say i have a lack of understanding and schooling etc, NOT by getting anything incorrect mind you, but by simply staying silent, is extremely insulting. Let me assure you i have an EXTENSIVE knowledge on a large percentage of many things surrounding known and theoretical physics (to say i have complete knowledge would be ludicrace and entirely incorrect).

Physics was and is my prodigal subject, i have been interested in the science of how the world works, the forces of the universe since as far back as i can remember. I remember in the school library age 9 reading about atoms and molecules out of an encylopaedia (geez was that thing heavy then) whilest others would sit there with a vacant expression on their face reading goosebumps.

Graduating as one of the students at the top of my class i later set about researching a childhood dream of mine, the hoverboard, which is essentially a form of "anti-gravity", or more accurately "a non-combustion powered, closed system, counter-gravitional apparatus", or something to that effect
as the term, "anti gravity" some feel is flawed, but thats a whole other argument and for sheer simplicity we'll say "antigrav".

I have been nothing but light-hearted, friendly, and helpful wherever possible. And for someone to just come out and call me basically stupid and a fool for trying anything just really peeves me off. Not that i'm going to get wound up about it, I just guess that, scienceguy will have to attach wheels to his, since wont work says the person who apparently knows more about my research than i do.

well its late, im off to bed
[edit on 18-11-2005 by Shadow88]

[edit on 18-11-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
What about the standard skirt/fan style hoverboard ? I wanna try building one of them. There are kits available for petrol ones, but I want to run mine on an electric bike motor. Any ideas ? Anyone here built/used a hovercraft. How do I work out lift/thrust ratios so I can get the right size motor ? It would be great to see a Back to the Future style hoverboard, but I want something I can ride now, built with parts off the shelf, that I can ride around freely without men in black chasing me. . .

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

What about a Conventional Hoverboard?

The link posted on page one of this thread is in fact a small hovercraft, not an "antigrav" machine. I am 17 and I built a 9 feet long, 5 feet wide hovercraft for a school project and so I am well qualified to tell you that is a hovercraft.

As for building your own, there are plans available for an extremely reasonable cost at www.hovercraft.com and if you call them they will be more than happy to help you and explain how a hovercraft works.

For my explanation:

Hovercraft are machines that are lifted by an air cushion the is contained by a flexible, rubberlike skirt around the perimeter of the vehicle. Hovercraft (it's always singular, like moose), are usually powered by 2 engines, one for pumping the air under the craft, and one for thrust. Their main advantage over boats is much less needed horsepower, as instead of hauling 2000 lbs of crap through the water the hull is out of the water, so it provides zero drag. They are capable of traversing any reasonably flat terrain including water, ice, grass, dirt, sand, mud, marchland, ocean waves, etc. For an example as to the efficiency of hovercraft: my craft is powered by an 8 hp thrust engine developing about 35 to 40 lbs of thrust. This machine will top out at about 30 mph. A boat would need well over 100 hp to achieve that. Bear in mind a boat would need a larger hull to support the additional hp...

So, what shadow is proposing is something quite different than a hovercraft, so it would be goo dif he could find a different term for his invention. This means that the link provided on page one has no patents that would cover this, besides the name.

NMS

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Hey shadow if I understand correctly from the little I have read you are trying to build a plasma levitation machine, correct. I did some research on that but put it on the backcurner because I was preoccupied with electrodynamic levitation. As for Boyd Bushman, no I am not "working" with him but I am receiving help from him and exchanging information. Bill Butler has allowed me to use his pictures as long as he receives credit. I will be updating my site tonight with more information and within the next 3 days, hopefully, have many pictures to show from my current experiment I plan to carry out tommorow.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
[quote
Scienceguy how DARE you question my intelligence without any real justification? I so far, INTENTIONALLY havent revealed any of my designs, INCLUDING the physics behind them. Everyone else seems to get that fact, why not you? So for you to say i have a lack of understanding and schooling etc, NOT by getting anything incorrect mind you, but by simply staying silent, is extremely insulting. Let me assure you i have an EXTENSIVE knowledge on a large percentage of many things surrounding known and theoretical physics (to say i have complete knowledge would be ludicrace and entirely incorrect).

Shadow why don't you enlighten us by providing links to published papers pertaining to your research. That garbage from amazing1.com is bunk as well.

BTW
there are tons of self taught genius'es out there who are just as bright and smart and even know more than you.Who have attempted and failed at the exact technology you hope to develop. even futureh who obviously knows infitinely more than you who has more money and more help is going to fail becuase he knows he can't get more than 100 ma of current accross the zone.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join