It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoverboard - Should I post it?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Here are plans for a super cheap experimenters hovercraft. It is not geomagnetic, but could probably be built for less than thirty bucks.

We built one of those back in high school. It works.

As for the shadow88's craft. I shall remain skeptical until proven guilty.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Big
'z.........I WILL PROVE YOU ALL WRONG!!!!
sigh......its so bluddi hot today in lil ole' England.

Those ones suck.......have you also heard how unbelievably loud the petrol and air powered "hoverboards" are. You can hear it coming in the next village.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
What type of fuel will your board use?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
AH!! finally somebody has asked me that question.....

Yes ok im building a prototype....yada yada yada everything we've already discussed all these things.

The power source i going to be the most tricky problem to solve.

now i could incorporate a small, magnetically powered motor i have also designed COULD power it, but it would most likely have to be huge. so that is out of the question.

I am currently looking at voltage amplifiers so just bear with me, as of yet i dont know how im going to power it for long periods. In the first stages i'll be powering it by mains (or possibly car). The point is mute since i dont know what it will take to lift a small person, a heavy person etc....

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Thanks for clearing it up a little. I am very interested to see how well you can make this work. Keep up the good work.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Shouldn't the power source be your first cause for concern?

How do you expect this to work if you cannot figure out its lifting capabilities.

I would be surprised if you could hold a cat up, let alone an adult human being.

Again, skeptical until proven.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Sigh yea SiP i know.....just give me time, im only one man.

And the thing will lift quite easily, i just need a power source that doesnt need to be recharged every half hour. otherwise it will never get past hte stage of childrens toy.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hey Shadow,
why not get a hold of
ROBERT LAZAR
the Two of you should get this thing in the Air in a couple of weeks.
I know a bunck of rich granola crunching tree huggers in Arizona that would give up some seed money

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I can understand wanting a quality long lasting source. Still, I would be pleased with 30 minutes. In fact if it could carry weight for 30 minutes I would be absolutely amazed.

Can I ask you one question. Can you give an estimate of the total weight of the craft?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
now i could incorporate a small, magnetically powered motor i have also designed COULD power it, but it would most likely have to be huge. so that is out of the question.

How big are we talking here when you say "huge", give me a size LXLXL, how big is it.

You got to thinik, all you need is the protype, you just have to make one the best you can. Do i tthe right way.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My thinking is, if i can get it to do its primary job, which is float, and float with a person on it, even if its just running off mains current, then when i get a company to invest in it or whatnot - IF I still cannot solve the problem of a viable power source, they can sort out secondary details like this, power source, size, power, safety measures i havent taken into account etc....

Or if they refuse coz theyre lazy then sigh....i will have to do it

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The only bad thing about hovering is imagine if they had flying cars.( they have air powered ones so far) It would be mini 9/11s all over again, crashing into peoples bedrooms and roofs. Some may hit each other and then fall to the ground, double wammy.

Its great and everything but I don't think we are ready for this kind of technology, good for emergencies suppose not public use.

About the board, I had similar idears to, but never go round to it. If it works I would buy it.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Oh sily me i only saw TKainZero had replied......the weight......

"On the average, an adult human male who weighs 70 kg. has a..."

probably more in america.....i weigh 58 myself last time i checked.......

Anyway, lets just use a very heavy person, say 100kg......this would be my critical sales problem, being able to market them to everyone, not just skinny people - a larger chunkier board would most likely be neccesary to accomodate the larger equipment -

SO

Rider - 100kg
Board - 10kg (approximation)

110kg / 2 = 55 x 10 = 550 newtons

basically that means each mag- well i suppose you would call them engines......seems odd to call it that though......i'll antigravity for simplicities sake. It means each antigravity device would have to produce a uni-directional force of around 550 newtons.

Now i am worried about this, if i cant market it to anyone other than small children, skinny women etc, i have a problem. Fortunately (at least im hoping fortunately) there seems to be, in my earlier tests, that the more juice you shove into the thing, the stronger the output. I suppose thats an obvious hypothesis neway!

Ok so lets quickly take a child, considering this would be easier to market to anyway.

It seems the average weight for a 6 year old is 20 - 30kg

24 / 2 = 12 x 10 = 120

Now 120N is a BIG difference to 550.

I will probably have to look into what other variables affect intensity, eg: temperature, current, and other specific thing on the device i cannot go into until the prototype is finished.

Anything else?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
The only bad thing about hovering is imagine if they had flying cars.( they have air powered ones so far) It would be mini 9/11s all over again, crashing into peoples bedrooms and roofs. Some may hit each other and then fall to the ground, double wammy.

Its great and everything but I don't think we are ready for this kind of technology, good for emergencies suppose not public use.

About the board, I had similar idears to, but never go round to it. If it works I would buy it.

Ok yes i see what you are saying. I wouldn't want to be associated directly with this kind of thing. With any kind of flying car technology being in its infancy, everybody knows at the back of their mind it is going to be a major disaster. Maybe for Ambulances and whatnot. They could drive along and if they get stuck in traffic just switch it on and hover over everyone

Also think about how much energy its theorised to take to power something a few inches or feet above the ground. Now imagine how much it would take to get it 500 feet in the air. Not looking good for flying cars.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Thats just it as well. Instead of just working a bit here and a bit there. I said to my self, "persist! persist! persist!" and i hope the outcome is favorable, and that i dont get my idea stolen or bought of me some sly way or something.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattison0922
If you post or publish your information in a public forum prior to patenting it, you pretty much lose all claim to any intellectual property. You needn't have an actual working prototype, but your idea does need to seem workable, reasonable, and feasible to the patent examiner. You can publish your information pretty much anywhere you want once the claims are filed. Provided that the patent is granted, you are fully protected. If the patent isn't granted though... you're pretty much left with your idea out in the public domain.

FYI. IP research and patent issues are a large part of one my jobs.

[edit on 13-4-2005 by mattison0922]

Me too...here's the rule:

Immediately upon making public (that is anyone outside of the sphere of ownership of the intellectual property...if you work for a company, the company...if you work for a university, the university...if you work from your garage, anyone who isn't working on the project with you) any enabling information(that is information which would allow someone to make an use your invention without undue experimentation) surrounding your invention you IMMEDIATELY LOSE ALL FOREIGN PATENTING RIGHTS.

From the date of public disclosure a one-year clock begins ticking...if it runs out before you file either a provisional or regular US Patent Application...YOU LOSE ALL US PATENT RIGHTS.

Cost of a patent w/o excessive claims $10,000. Cost of a Provisional Application $1,000. (After filing a Provisional Application you have one year to either convert that into a pegularized Patent Application or you FORFEIT YOUR US PATENT RIGHTS.

Also note:
The US is in the process of switching to a "First to file" patent system where it doesn't matter who thought of it first, it only matters who sends in their patent application first. The US is currently a "first to invent" country where the first to invent and document their invention has rights to the patent.

Nearly all foreign governments are "first to file" patent-based, but if you get blabby, it won't matter.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Not that it matters, i find the whole patent thing too strenuous. Im already planning to sell the invention TO a company anyway, so the whole thing is mute.

thanks though! I wouldnt even have started the post if i seriously wanted to file a patent. There have been several times when i thought it would be a good idea, but that was when i wa planning on running my separate business. But it would most likely get eaten up and spit out more jazzy and cost effective than my version so i would lose money.

the best option i think is to sell it to a large company (hehe maybe mattel
meh perhaps u dont get it)

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I dont want to question your design or goals, but again, ill be amazed if you can produce a product such as this.

I just see the power source factor being borderline unreal. I would imagine it would take some serious power to do this.

Also you would have to take into effect a DIMINISHING power source (that is unless its plugged into the wall
)

How would said craft operate at anything less than 100 percent required power. I would imagine it would be a bit wonky and unstable to say the least.

I have tons of questions I could ask, but I think ill just stop. Good luck.

XL5

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
How many watts does it take to get 120lbs half a foot in the air? If its less then 1Kw, then use a small weedeater 4 stroke engine and a small alternator. When you sell it to a company, get them to sign some sort of contract that they will develop it and release it, otherwise, they may shelf it.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
No ones asked....
How much Longer?!?!?!?!?!
your driving me insane... can you give a guess at about when youll be done?!?!?!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join