It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devil's Advocate - How Are We To Interpret The Possibility Of The Demise of Rumble In The UK?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

In the UK we have just had the Online Safety Bill passed by the House of Lords - this is a way that the government can clamp down on what it calls 'malinformation', which is information that is objectively true, yet which causes problems for the agendas of the rich & powerful in both government & the private sector, NGOs etc. 'They' are deeply concerned at the potential for disruption that can arise from the activities of a wildly popular comedian/presenter/social commentator such as Russell Brand, and they have started working hard to remove him from the big picture.

Even worse, from next month, any hosting site which is available in the UK on the internet, must submit to being ruled by the guidelines of OFCOM, the national 'watchdog' which aims to censor & control narratives through the application of its rules concerning what can & cannot be said by people sharing information online (or in any form of media - this is the first time it will apply to the internet). So we discover that not only is Brand banned from YouTube, and harangued, lambsted & lynched in the court of public opinion - pretty soon he might have absolutely no platform in the UK as a result of the Online Safety Bill likely leading to the outright ban of alternative hosting sites who won't play by their rules, meaning Rumble may be nearing its demise.

Where would Brand & other social commentators/ independent news organisations & personalities go if that occurs? How will we, the alternative Truth Community, be able to locate accurate non-government approved material which exposes the plans of the insanely rich, powerful & downright evil 'rulers of the age'..?

I am deeply concerned that in the UK, the Online Safety Bill has the very blatant & obvious potential to outright ban & censor every single platform which attempts to provide contrarian views. We are talking about the literal death knell of free speech in the UK - they are doing it, flipping the switch. We will be relegated to Apps such as Telegram to share our information, for however long that may last. Next up, we may find ourselves having to navigate the Dark Web simply in order to access material, voices & views for which we previously had the freedom to investigate openly on sites like ATS, and Rumble. This is frankly a terrifying prospect - they are wrapping it up all ready for the implementation of the Great Reset & Social Credit system, with Digital ID required to access the internet in all likelihood at some time in the not too distant future.

What are we to do about this problem? If it's happening in the UK as we speak, it is clear that the globalists have selected us as the guinea pig for this phase of the Great Reset agenda. Similar to how Australia was the poster child for oppression of the people through brutal police actions during the COVID lockdowns. The way Canada was leading the way in shutting down the bank accounts of Trucker protestors. The way the Dutch farmers have had their livelihoods stripped away in the name of the climate agenda. We have been selected for this stage, and frankly I'm really, really concerned that even ATS will end up banned & censored in the UK, because there's no way the State would tolerate the opinions expressed here if they had their wicked way, with legislation/ guidelines they can use to block & bar access.

Please share your thoughts on how, if indeed it is possible at all, we can circumvent these measures that are sure to be deployed against us in the near future. I sincerely want to hear your opinions & suggestions - the last thing I want is to find myself as a 'stateless' conspiracy theorist. The only people that benefit from this change are the rich & powerful of all stripes. Without the checks & balances of a free internet in which people can research & share the truth, how are we ever going to be able to resist their schemes? I am reminded of the prophetic dream I had a week or so back, in which I appealed under the authority of the Lord that UK government officials & those involved in the civil service, police, intelligence agencies & the military that they should ignore their orders to oppress the people, instead providing overt & covert support for NWO protestors/ influencers in order that the light of liverty not be put out in this land. You can read about that dream HERE.

Dark times friends, dark times indeed.

There was one thing only that occurred to me as possibly the reason this has been voted through the Commons & the Lords without significant opposition - perhaps two. Firstly, the appeal to the protection of children. Of course they packaged that up prominently in order to disguise the sinister side of the agenda. Secondly, they might believe that if we are no longer able to view or discuss conspiratorial matters online, perhaps they think we'll become more productive, committing ourselves to learning mainstream subjects, educating ourselves, advancing our careers. These are the only two reasons I can think of that would cause people to unquestioningly push this through - if we discount the possibility that they are all deeply corrupt, on the payroll of the WEF, which sadly is very likely in many cases.

Playing Devil's Advocate I can indeed see the benefit of causing people to focus on things that they can affect to some extent, such as their own social status & career trajectory - rather than worrying about things 'they' assume we can't control, such as the shenanigans of the rich & powerful. Unfortunately, we are thereby trapped by the false logic - they can operate unseen, unchecked, unregulated, unopposed. That makes this the most dangerous Bill ever passed through the Commons & the Lords. The UK is now ready for full & total censorship. I only hope that we will find a way to retain the possibility of corresponding with you good folks here at ATS, able to watch content on hosting sites such as Rumble. We need to fly our flag upside down once again - the nation is under attack from within.

Ironically - perhaps even deliberately - our flag remains the same no matter whether we fly it upside down or right side up.

This in itself feels like a kick in the balls of liberty.

Thanks,

FITO.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
Hi ATS,

In the UK we have just had the Online Safety Bill passed by the House of Lords - this is a way that the government can clamp down on what it calls 'malinformation', which is information that is objectively true, yet which causes problems for the agendas of the rich & powerful in both government & the private sector, NGOs etc. 'They' are deeply concerned at the potential for disruption that can arise from the activities of a wildly popular comedian/presenter/social commentator such as Russell Brand, and they have started working hard to remove him from the big picture.

Even worse, from next month, any hosting site which is available in the UK on the internet, must submit to being ruled by the guidelines of OFCOM, the national 'watchdog' which aims to censor & control narratives through the application of its rules concerning what can & cannot be said by people sharing information online (or in any form of media - this is the first time it will apply to the internet). So we discover that not only is Brand banned from YouTube, and harangued, lambsted & lynched in the court of public opinion - pretty soon he might have absolutely no platform in the UK as a result of the Online Safety Bill likely leading to the outright ban of alternative hosting sites who won't play by their rules, meaning Rumble may be nearing its demise.

Where would Brand & other social commentators/ independent news organisations & personalities go if that occurs? How will we, the alternative Truth Community, be able to locate accurate non-government approved material which exposes the plans of the insanely rich, powerful & downright evil 'rulers of the age'..?

I am deeply concerned that in the UK, the Online Safety Bill has the very blatant & obvious potential to outright ban & censor every single platform which attempts to provide contrarian views. We are talking about the literal death knell of free speech in the UK - they are doing it, flipping the switch. We will be relegated to Apps such as Telegram to share our information, for however long that may last. Next up, we may find ourselves having to navigate the Dark Web simply in order to access material, voices & views for which we previously had the freedom to investigate openly on sites like ATS, and Rumble. This is frankly a terrifying prospect - they are wrapping it up all ready for the implementation of the Great Reset & Social Credit system, with Digital ID required to access the internet in all likelihood at some time in the not too distant future.

What are we to do about this problem? If it's happening in the UK as we speak, it is clear that the globalists have selected us as the guinea pig for this phase of the Great Reset agenda. Similar to how Australia was the poster child for oppression of the people through brutal police actions during the COVID lockdowns. The way Canada was leading the way in shutting down the bank accounts of Trucker protestors. The way the Dutch farmers have had their livelihoods stripped away in the name of the climate agenda. We have been selected for this stage, and frankly I'm really, really concerned that even ATS will end up banned & censored in the UK, because there's no way the State would tolerate the opinions expressed here if they had their wicked way, with legislation/ guidelines they can use to block & bar access.

Please share your thoughts on how, if indeed it is possible at all, we can circumvent these measures that are sure to be deployed against us in the near future. I sincerely want to hear your opinions & suggestions - the last thing I want is to find myself as a 'stateless' conspiracy theorist. The only people that benefit from this change are the rich & powerful of all stripes. Without the checks & balances of a free internet in which people can research & share the truth, how are we ever going to be able to resist their schemes? I am reminded of the prophetic dream I had a week or so back, in which I appealed under the authority of the Lord that UK government officials & those involved in the civil service, police, intelligence agencies & the military that they should ignore their orders to oppress the people, instead providing overt & covert support for NWO protestors/ influencers in order that the light of liverty not be put out in this land. You can read about that dream HERE.

There was one thing only that occurred to me as possibly the reason this has been voted through the Commons & the Lords without significant opposition - perhaps two. Firstly, the appeal to the protection of children. Of course they packaged that up prominently in order to disguise the sinister side of the agenda. Secondly, they might believe that if we are no longer able to view or discuss conspiratorial matters online, perhaps they think we'll become more productive, committing ourselves to learning mainstream subjects, educating ourselves, advancing our careers. These are the only two reasons I can think of that would cause people to unquestioningly push this through - if we discount the possibility that they are all deeply corrupt, on the payroll of the WEF, which sadly is very likely in many cases.

Playing Devil's Advocate I can indeed see the benefit of causing people to focus on things that they can affect to some extent, such as their own social status & career trajectory - rather than worrying about things 'they' assume we can't control, such as the shenanigans of the rich & powerful. Unfortunately, we are thereby trapped by the false logic - they can operate unseen, unchecked, unregulated, unopposed. That makes this the most dangerous Bill ever passed through the Commons & the Lords. The UK is now ready for full & total censorship. I only hope that we will find a way to retain the possibility of corresponding with you good folks here at ATS, able to watch content on hosting sites such as Rumble. We need to fly our flag upside down once again - the nation is under attack from within.

Ironically - perhaps even deliberately - our flag remains the same no matter whether we fly it upside down or right side up.

Thanks,

FITO.

Congratulations for your post

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Hi ATS,

Thanks,

FITO.

I have covered the story of Rumble quite extensively and I think the interference of the government of who gets monetized online and who gets to be censored is a direct threat to the UK Democracy.

However some members (very few) have been trying to apologise on behalf of the government and on behalf of OFCOM. They have argued OFCOM is independent by parroting official narratives i.e the assertions made on the website of the organisation.

Clearly the target is Rumble and whoever else tries to support free speech.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   
its a perilous move for the UK, quangos are politicians passing the buck, its their job to decide this stuff..

the thing it is doing is its emboldening the powerful to demand all competition is shut down, the bbc/itv/sky/murdoch (haha) are now demanding gb news shut down as its more popular than they are theus it needs shutting down, its all the same pattern..

none of this will rebuild trust nor fix the democratic deficit created when they outsourced their mandate to quangos, come next year we'll hear that certain parties and candidates are removed from the ballot to protect democracy from voters..

this is sadly a continuation of the political warfare the state has been waging for 7 years now, a war the state is still losing.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Forgot to mention that as a result ATS may become completely unavailable in the UK as it's a 'conspiracy' site.
edit on 29-9-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

Come off it.

You have been demolished in the other thread about your claims.

Do we really need another thread about this?

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:44 PM
link   

listen to the actual words be parroted in the demands by the powerful shut down competition

twitter

am sure that YouTube rushed to demonetise brand in the hope that uk gov would shut down its competition, the reason brand didn't go to x is obvious as Musk is also a target with unapproved views as the us gov want x shut down, if not x then tesla or space x.

we are living through a totalitarian age..

link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Come off it.

I think you should take a better look who has been demolished there!

20+ pages of OFCOM apologetics and without any evidence the organisation is independent. Just assertions they are because they say they are in their website which some members believed its evidence...

I haven't made any claims by the way.
I only questioned whether the assertions made by other members are true.

So no, you're wrong again.

It's your little group that had been demolished!

edit on 29-9-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

How Are We To Interpret The Possibility Of The Demise of Rumble In The UK?

The 200 who use it in The UK will probably be very sad.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Prove that only 200 use it.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Thanks,

FITO.

That is incorrect, surely you are aware the lines are not the same, with a fatter side and slimmer side, one of the things I learnt in scouts...dib dib dib

How to fly the Union Flag correctly How can you tell if it is upside down?

Curious Questions: How can you tell if the Union Jack is upside down?
edit on 000000p3004America/Chicago929202359 by UpThenDown because: typo probably more still

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Come off it.

its still the politicians job to decide the lines for our freedoms, be it or speech or expression and decide on subjective things like truth, lies, love or hate, outsourcing them here and there to avoid doing any work is no difference to outsourcing and blaming the eu when it goes wrong and it will it always does.

its all going wrong because the political class in Westminster refuses to take responsibility for anything they've surrounded themselves with quangos and activists they pay to oppose them its a perverse system that will fail no matter what we do at this point.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Yeah. Apart from when I posted this to you?

quote]originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

www.bbc.co.uk...

Well, here's some evidence of independence for you.

"The BBC has been told to make its complaints process simpler and more transparent because "people just don't have sufficient confidence in it".

OFCOM not afraid to criticise the BBC.

Kind of supports that it is, indeed, independent?

No?"

edit on 29-9-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:54 PM
link   

F##k minorities, yeh?

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Yeah. Apart from when I posted this to you?

quote]originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

www.bbc.co.uk...

Well, here's some evidence of independence for you.

"The BBC has been told to make its complaints process simpler and more transparent because "people just don't have sufficient confidence in it".

OFCOM not afraid to criticise the BBC.

Kind of supports that it is, indeed, independent?

No?

No it doesn't.
You ve got no evidence OFCOM is independent.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Excuse me can you back up your assertion only 200 use it in the UK?!

Where did you get this number??

Or have made it up just like you make up everything else...

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The UK wants to ban an entire open source Video Sharing Website because they will not Ban 'Russel Brand ' ?

ummmmm okay ? Is Russel Brand really that much of a threat ?

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You need the 2023 version of Radio Caroline again.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

actually if you look the diagonal saltire of St Patrick it doesn't line up it switches sides when it crosses the center, its hard to unsee once you see it and impossible to get upside down once you do see it.
edit on 29-9-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

But “government approved”

The Office of Communications, commonly known as Ofcom, is the government-approved regulatory and competition authority for the broadcasting, telecommunications and postal industries of the United Kingdom.

With “full authority”

The regulator was initially established by the Office of Communications Act 2002 and received its full authority from the Communications Act 2003.[1]

Wish a “statutory duty”

It has a statutory duty to represent the interests of citizens and consumers by promoting competition and protecting the public from harmful or offensive material.

en.wikipedia.org...

Arms length, at best.

edit on 29-9-2023 by NorthOfStuffx2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join